My debut international bestseller, Decorate – 1,000 Design Ideas For Every Room In Your Home, published by Jacqui Small and Chronicle Books, released Spring 2011 and was published in 12 languages worldwide. I was honored to be asked to be part of a 20 city book tour to promote Decorate so I met fans and signed books in both the United States and Europe. Anthropologie and Chronicle Books sponsored my American book tour so I gave workshops and signed books in their stores from Boston to LA.
My next book, Decorate Workshop: Design and Style Your Space in 8 Creative Steps, was recently published by Jacqui Small in London and in the US by Chronicle Books. This is a beautiful book filled with decorating tips, inspirational homes and blank spaces for taking notes and exploring your own decorating style. It is currently available in book stores worldwide and on Amazon US, UK and Canada.
Here are some photos of me signing copies of my first book, Decorate, in-store at Anthropologie in London on Regents Street. Exciting times!
Below you can see the US and UK covers of Decorate:
(US version above, published by Chronicle Books)
(UK version above, published by Jacqui Small Publishing in London)
Would you like a peek inside? View Photos of Decorate on Flickr
Be a fan! Join the Decorate Fan Page on Facebook
Here are some places that stock Decorate worldwide:
- Chronicle Books – US
- Amazon.com – US
- Amazon.co.uk – UK
- Amazon.de – Germany
- Amazon.ca – Canada
- Barnes + Noble
- The Book Depository – Ships free worldwide.
- Bokus – Sweden
- Page One – Hong Kong + Singapore
- The Nile – New Zealand
- Small Acorns – New Zealand
- The American Book Center – Amsterdam
- Borders – Australia
- Fishpond – Australia
- Doubleday – Australia
- Play – Europe
- Liberty – They stock limited SIGNED copies in-store and online
- Anthropologie – Both London locations stock limited SIGNED copies
- Selfridges in London
- Amazon.de – German edition
Here are what people are saying about Decorate:
An exclusive video interview recorded at Liberty in London of me at the book launch party.
Livingetc – Exclusive interview with Livingetc magazine’s blog, Life.Style.Etc, in article titled, “The World According To Holly Becker”.
Interview with Heart Home magazine, UK.
Interview with Long Island Pulse print magazine and online.
Casa Sugar, “I got to take a sneak peek of the book, and it’s absolutely lovely. Creative spaces, such as craft rooms or craft corners, are prominently featured. It takes functionality into serious consideration. This book isn’t just about the eye candy.”
An interview about me and my book by Rooms & Words.
An Exclusive interview for Irene Hoofs of Bloesem.
PaPaYa!, “I’ve found my next collection of must-have coffee table books to savour…”
Achica Living, “Read our exclusive interview with design consultant and blogging royalty Holly Becker of Decor8 in her first online interview about new book Decorate.”
Your Creative Ally, “I was excited to hear your first book, Decorate, is coming out this Spring!”
The House Directory Newsletter, “The book is packed with expert guidance, featuring both quick fixes for small budgets and indulgent ideas for more ambitious projects.”
West London Living, “A visual bible of stunning design inspiration. From using space wisely to the finishing touches, each page is full of striking images and ideas from real homes around the world.”
Real Simple magazine, For special mother’s day must-haves article, “Holly Becker’s first book—whose title cleverly alludes to her blog, Decor8—is ideal for the mom who collects coffee-table books and is always on the hunt for design inspiration.”
Gregory Han, “An impressive range of interiors and styles, with actual helpful and executable tips instead of merely offering just eye candy, Decorate takes what makes Holly’s blog a favourite online design inspiration destination and puts it onto the pages of a book. The pages transition from modern minimal to eclectic and textural, high end to affordable…the book can be described as the outline for the better home you’ve always wanted and that will soon be.”
A Creative Mint, “This book is FANTASTIC. Holly and her team worked very hard to bring together an inspiring, accessible and educational decorating book. You will find floor plan ideas, tips on flowers and entertaining, style guides and much much more. I have been reading it constantly and I can not get over Debi’s beautiful photographic work… Between Holly’s great eye for design and Debi’s talents this book is an awesome gift for yourself or for a creative friend.”
Susannah Conway, “I’m so proud of Holly! Her book is filled with super-inspiring homes and ideas, all shot by the fabulous Debi Treloar; it’s interiors porn for the likes of me!”
Happy Mundane, “Rather than presenting straightforward house-tours or simply showing a particular style, the book is divided into several sections that guide you step by step into the process of putting together your home… The tone of the book is all done in a manner that isn’t intimidating, but rather quite easy, and also mindful of budgets. I really like the overall tone that you can work with what you have, no matter what aesthetic you’re drawn to, and make it into something unique and beautiful that you’ll love to live in.”
Poppytalk, “It (Decorate) is going to be a great resource on how to create one’s own personal style in their home. I look forward to picking up a copy.”
My Deco, “From decor8 to Decorate, Holly Becker shows us how to transform blog into book. It showcases bold interior images and combines them with inspirational quotes from influential designers. The inclusion of lived-in houses is what really helps to ground this book and put it on another level – instead of your typical showroom pictures it emphasizes what you can actually achieve for your own home.”
Life@Home magazine, “This is a book that you will return to time after time, depending on your particular need or mood. The subtitle is not hyperbole: there really are 1,000 ideas, way too much to absorb in one sitting.”
Anita Kaushal, “The book is full of Holly’s favorite homes/styles and I know these will resonate with you.”
Annette Joseph, “One of my favorite blogs Decor8 has published a book!
Sis Boom, “Talented and loved-by-all blogger, Holly Becker, has just announced her new book, DECORATE, and we couldn’t be happier and more excited for her! We have always admired Holly’s creative words and visuals on her beautiful blog, Decor8. Holly is not only inspiring but also supportive of all her fellow designers and crafters. She constantly leaves little gems of advice on twitter, which we all benefit from, and the eye candy she blesses us with daily is the fuel that keeps our decor motivation pumping!”
Everything in 3′s, “I love the interior photographed on the cover with its rustic elements, contrasting color and simple design.”
Making It Lovely, “She and co-author Joanna Copestick, along with photographer Debi Treloar, have created a beautiful book on decorating that is equal parts inspiring and informative.”
More reviews from around the web, in print, etc…
- Helt Enkelt
- San Francisco Gate
- May, Hearth and Made
- Lovely Sweet William
- Nicoletter (review in German)
- Trendenser (review in Swedish)
- Inspirations By Ivy
- Saidos da Concha (review in Portuguese)
- Vicente Wolf
- By Fryd
- Gg Notes on a Journey
- Melissa Loves
- A Certain Simplicity
- A Life Unrehearsed
- Art Love Joy
- Arianna Interiors
- Arianna Interiors
- Arianna Interiors
- Journey Seeds
- The Happy Home Blog
- IDA Interior Lifestyle
- August Empress
- Paper and Cloth
- All About The Pretty
- Decor Happy
- Birch & Bird
- Birch & Bird
- A Pretty Book
- Creamy Life
- My Fine Garden
- A Diary of Lovely
- Kris At Large
- Create Girl
- Living In
- Secrets of a Butterfly
- Patchwork Harmony
- Celebrate Life Everyday
- Anne Kelle
- This Home Sweet Home
- Love Making It
- Irideeen (review in Dutch)
- Chocolate Creative
- Mrs A In The Cove
- The Fancy Farmgirl
- Apple Turnover
- Little Doll Face
- Strikk Handknits
- Tiges Weince
- Bright Bazaar
- Shoe String Splendour
- Chronicle Books announces the book tour!
- The Collection Event Studio
- Shop Sweet Things
- Daily Candy
- Simplified Bee
- Interior Design It Yourself
Book Tour Reviews
- My Fine Garden – Review of Decorate event at Anthropologie in St. Louis Park, Minnesota.
- Apartment Therapy – Review of Decorate event at Anthropologie in Boston.
- Making it Lovely – Review of Decorate event at Anthropologie in Chicago.
- Sulu – Review of Decorate event at Anthropologie in Chicago.
- Bella Visione – Review of Decorate event at Anthropologie in St. Louis Park, Minnesota.
- Everything in 3s – Review of Decorate event at Anthropologie in Boston.
- Create Girl – Review of Decorate event at Anthropologie in Boston.
- Monica Lee Studios – Review of Decorate event at Anthropologie in Boston.
- Cindy Lindgren reviews Decorate event at Anthropologie in St. Louis Park, Minnesota.
- One of a Kind Boutique – Review of Decorate event at Anthropologie in London.
- JuJuBelles – Write up about The Creative Connection with a mention about meeting me at the Decorate Book Signing.
- The Borrowed Abode – Reviews Decorate event at Anthropologie in LA.
- The Desha Show – Reviews Decorate event at Anthropologie in Boston.
- New Light Redesign – Review of Decorate event at Anthropologie in Boston.
- Country Boy, City Belle – Reviews Decorate event at Anthropologie NYC.
- Gorgeous and Fun – Reviews Decorate event at Anthropologie in Boston.
- Domestikated Life – Reviews Decorate event in Boston.
- Mirror Mirror – Reviews Decorate event in San Francisco.
- GG Notes on a Journey – Reviews Chicago Decorate event at Anthropologie.
- Design Vignettes – Reviews Decorate event in Boston.
- Redesign – Reviews Decorate event in San Francisco.
- This Love Forever – Review of Decorate event in Philadelphia.
- Discover Paper – Review of Decorate event in LA.
- Mr. Goodwill Hunting – Review of Decorate event in NYC.
- Modern Eve – Review of Decorate event in San Francisco.
- Pink Olive – Review of Decorate event in NYC.
- AphroChic – Review of Decorate event in Philadelphia.
- Shop Sweet Things – Review of Decorate event in San Francisco.
- Sweet Tooth – Review of Decorate event in San Francisco.
- The New England Southerner – Review of Decorate event in Boston.
- La La Lovely – Review of Decorate event in Chicago.
Reviews in other languages:
If you own a copy of Decorate please leave feedback on the web, whether it be Amazon or another store – it really makes a difference. Thank you so much!