I posted about this once already but today, October 26th, is the LAST DAY that you can enter to win this gorgeous gift box valued at $500.00 USD with things inside that I hand-picked. You simply MUST enter!
Inside you will find…
- Signed ADVANCE copy of my new book Decorate Workshop
- Signed copy of my first book Decorate
- Au Revoir Simone –The Bird of Music CD
- ASOS Moustache Face Expander Watch
- Limited edition print, Upside Down by Jennifer Davis
- Rifle Paper Co. Botanicals Garlands
- Jonathan Adler Utopia Williamsburg Vase
- Liberty Floral Notebook Set
- Liberty Floral Notecards
- Ceramic Flower Pins
- Voluspa Cut Glass Jar & Candle
- Squirreled Away Tape Dispenser
- Globe Trotter Calendar
- Pretty Paper Parties by author & blogger Vana Chupp
- West Elm Stone House Doorstop
Valid only for U.S. Residents (per the request of Chronicle Books who is the official sponsor of this contest.)
** DEADLINE: OCTOBER 26, 2012 midnight **
Sorry, the contest is now closed.
Good luck everyone!
I am SO EXCITED to announce this super duper giveaway sponsored by my publisher, Chronicle Books! They are giving one of you an opportunity to win this incredible box of loot. I picked every single thing out by hand and they’re shown and listed below – a $500 value, too! Oh my!
When Chronicle asked that I go shopping for a giveaway, I was beyond happy to say yes so I gathered some of my favorite things and this gift box is the result. I thought that since I’m in my work studio the most, and that I am always super inspired when I’m working in this space, that I would give someone all of my favorite things that I think everyone should have around them as they’re blogging, reading blogs, working, crafting, making, etc. In my upcoming book, Decorate Workshop, I share my studio space and how I planned it out from the initial mood board to the “after” photos, so I wanted the gift box to also relate to the book so why not include things that I use and love at home?
So dear friends, here are a few of my favorite things from shops that I love like Anthropologie, West Elm, Jonathan Adler, Chronicle Books + More! The best part is, every single item will be included in your super special gift box if you win – Winner takes ALL!
- How I wish to inspire others: Signed ADVANCE copy of my new book Decorate Workshop
- What’s on my bookshelf: Signed copy of my first book Decorate
- Music that I blog and work by: Au Revoir Simone –The Bird of Music CD
- Why I’m always (cough, cough) on time: ASOS Moustache Face Expander Watch
- For decorating my walls: Limited edition print, Upside Down, from my favorite American artist, Jennifer Davis
- Where pretty flowers on my desk go: Jonathan Adler Utopia Williamsburg Vase
- Where I write my dreams & goals: Liberty Floral Notebook Set
- How I stay in touch with those I love: Liberty Floral Notecards
- What I use to pin things onto my mood board: Ceramic Flower Pins
- This glows on my desk, particularly on gray days: Voluspa Cut Glass Jar & Candle
- I’m obsessed with washi tape so this holder is a favorite: Squirreled Away Tape Dispenser
- This is how I remember what day it is because I’d forget otherwise: Globe Trotter Calendar
- I tell everyone to buy this if they need help decorating for parties: Pretty Paper Parties by author & blogger Vana Chupp
- It’s important to open new doors and to love your home and so I had to have this: Stone House Doorstop
Thank you so much – I can’t wait to see who wins! If it’s you, please let me know by sending me a photo of you with your loot or something, that would be sooo cool to see all of my favorite things in your home or office.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
Remember: ENTER HERE (not on my blog!) – Thank you!
And thank you so much Chronicle Books and especially to my wonderful publicist, Lorraine!
I HAVE CLOSED COMMENTS ON THIS POST TO AVOID CONFUSION AS TO WHERE TO ENTER, please enter here: http://budurl.com/Decor8Giveaway
(images: linked to their sources above.)
Hello friends! How are you doing today? Have you had a nice week? I’ve been busy but am doing well. I wrote a foreword for a new book coming out in the Spring, Happy Home: Everyday Magic for a Colorful Life by Charlotte Hedeman Gueniau, and I started working on the curriculum with my friend Steffi for a weekend workshop that we will have in my home studio space in December on the 8th and 9th in Hannover, Germany. AND WE NEED A NAME FOR IT! Help us, bloggers!
Can you help? I thought it would be fun to ask readers for a name. The workshop will be for those looking for inspiration and ideas for their blogs with a focus on beginning a new year with confidence, creativity and joy. I am teaming up with journalist and blogger, Steffi Luxat, from Ohhh Mhhh and together, we will lead you on an inspirational journey – we’ll visit some of my favorite places for inspiration locally, we’ll hang out in my home talking, sharing and eating, and we’ll do a little shopping together, too. It’s going to be all about love, joy, happiness, creativity, courage and finding your style and voice and then, communicating it with passion. What do you think, any names for this workshop pop into mind?
I tell you what, if we choose your name for my workshop, I’ll personally sign and send a copy of Decorate Workshop, my upcoming book, to you! It will be my gift to thank you for helping us finding a great day for our special retreat.
I will post registration details soon on this page – but if you want to come, please email me right away so I can reserve a ticket for you since we can only fit 14 people max and the workshop is for two days so you have to be available on December 8 & 9 for both full days. You can contact me if you are interested: holly at decor8blog.com.
In addition to planning our inspirational workshop for bloggers, I’ve been working on writing all of the lessons for my Blogging Your Way Boot Camp e-course that kicks off on Monday, October 8th. Students logged in today and are getting settled in, which is so exciting because I love the energy in our virtual classroom. In this class, I have guest teachers Jeanette Lunde from By Fryd and Nicole Balch from Making It Lovely and together, we will set your blogging hearts on fire! The focus is to get in good blogging shape so when 2013 rolls around, you can face a new year of blogging your way with confidence and courage, style and finesse. It’s my last online class for this year, though I’ll teach again in March/April online, but no two classes are identical so if you want to take Boot Camp, please click here to register because we only have a few seats left and will close registration on Sunday night, October 7th.
Okay so back to our blogging retreat in December – any ideas for a cute name anyone!? If we pick your name, you win a copy of Decorate Workshop and for some reason, if more than one of you have the same great name, we’ll pick the first person who commented with the idea to be fair, okay? Thank you all soooo much! Contest Ends October 10th!
(image: holly becker)
Hi Everyone, It is Leslie here with a little announcement for decor8 readers living in Germany, Switzerland and Austria. I am participating in a gift giving contest on the German Etsy blog today. Please help me select an Etsy gift for my step daughter Caitlin Sheehan from Admiral and Tea. You have until midnight (Central European Time) tonight to post your gift suggestion and then I will pick one gift that best suits her from your entries.
The winner of the day will be announced tomorrow. The competition runs for 3 weeks (Dec. 5-23), so at the end there will be 15 people whom Etsy will raffle off a 3 day trip to Brooklyn, NY (including visiting the Etsy office). The winner of the trip will be announced on Dec. 24th – fun! You can participate here and I can’t wait to see what you can help me find for Caitlin! xo, Leslie
(images: caitlin sheehan)