I was thrilled and honored when nearly 1,200 decor8 readers entered to win a signed copy of my new book, Decorate (UK version)! A big hug and a mighty thank you to everyone for participating. As promised, there are 3 winners and I’d like to share those names with you now. You will be contacted today with a request for your complete mailing address so that your book can be sent. Please allow up to a few weeks for it to arrive, depending on where you live.
T H E W I N N E R S A R E
#1006, Krystal Schroder
#11, Jorissa van Ginkel
Many, many thanks for entering this contest — for those who didn’t win, here is a list of many large retailers worldwide who stock the book, however lots of smaller shops carry it too. I am waiting for Chronicle, Murdoch and Jacqui Small Publishing to send me lists of where it is sold so I can give all of the shops a huge shout out on decor8 so when I have those lists I will share the stocklist with you. If you want a signed copy, Liberty online carries a few and Selfridges in London (in their book section on the lower floor has a few left) along with both London Anthropologie locations who carry signed copies for a limited period so visit their stores in London for those.
I appreciate all of your love and support regarding my first book, this was a huge step for me but the love and support in this community has been overwhelming and delightful — you’ve made it such a special time of my life and a great way to always remember this blogging era as I refer to this period when we are all online, blogging, connecting and meeting up. Who knows where blogs will be in twenty years, but personally this book will forever mark this time period as I’m sure it will for you as well. When you author a blog, so much is read and enjoyed but then forever stored in the archives — I have thousands of posts that some of you may never find as they are buried and long forgotten. That is why this book is such a special collection of my thoughts, tips, Joanna’s ideas, Debi’s gorgeous images that I love — and it’s all in one place so that others who like decor8 can have a little slice of it in book form.
Oh I have to thank you — I sooooo appreciate the many reviews that you are leaving on your blogs, amazon, other websites, etc. about Decorate — I’m linking all of them on the Decorate fan page on Facebook but if I’ve not seen or linked yours there yet, please run over and link it on that page and also on the decor8 fan page so everyone can see what you wrote!
And again — a big warm congratulations to Krystal, Krissy and Jorissa! I hope that you will enjoy your signed copy of Decorate from me to you. It is the UK version, so it will be in British English with the cover showing designer/writer Rita Konig’s New York City living room with her gorgeous sofa (shown in photos above). I hope that you enjoy it!
(images: holly becker for decor8)
(image: holly becker)
Hello friends! My UK publisher, Jacqui Small, is giving away three signed copies of the UK version (blue cover and end papers with quotes with writer/designer Rita Konig’s living room) of Decorate and I am hosting the contest right here on decor8 to give all of my lovely readers a change to win. This hardbound book has nearly 300 pages and is packed with 1,000 ideas and loads of inspiration from creatives worldwide, including some of my blog colleagues, along with gorgeous photography by the one and only Debi Treloar. The photos are so light and bright — and I’m sure you’ll really love it if you’re a fan of decor8 as so much of my design aesthetic is part of of this book. I also included a massive directory in the back containing years worth of blogging research to point you to the best of the best when it comes to interiors accessories, art, design, furniture, I even composed a must-read list pointing you to some of my favorite blogs.
This comment to win contest is open to all but you may only enter once and to qualify, you must leave a comment that links to your blog or email so that I can find you in case you win. Please answer this question below in the comments section, only once, along with your first name, city and country. The question is: What would you love to see/read more about on decor8 in the future?
Remember: One entry per person, answer the question I’ve asked about, leave your name, city, country and your answer in the comments section, and good luck!
Winners will be selected at random using random.org and announced on Tuesday, April 26th! Winners will win one copy of Decorate (UK version) signed by me, shipped by Jacqui Small Publishing.
Contest closes at midnight GMT+1 time on April 25, 2011.
(images: Holly Becker for decor8)
I’d like to thank all who entered the decor8/Pottery Barn $100 Gift Card Contest! With 1,605 entries collected in less than one week (wow!), the only way to choose winners fair and square was to use Random.org and so here are the 5 winners — each will receive a $100 gift card to be used at Pottery Barn.
Drum roll please…
Winners who will receive a $100 Pottery Barn gift card are:
- #991 Cary, Atlanta, GA
- #608 Nicole, Savannah, GA
- #372 Kate, Boston, MA
- #24, Susan, Orlando, FL
- #1289, Lisa, Austin, TX
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S
If your name appears above, I will be contacting you for your complete name and mailing address today. Please reply to my email to claim your prize by April 29th. If I do not hear from you by then, another winner will be selected at random in your place and contacted and you will not be awarded with your gift card — so please reply asap! I’d like to thank ALL who participated in this giveaway, and a special thanks to Pottery Barn for making this all happen!
(image: pottery barn)
Spring is here and I don’t know about you, but I’m in the mood to do a little shopping! Are you ready to win a $100 gift card from Pottery Barn? I’ve teamed up with Pottery Barn to host a special Spring contest and hope that you’ll participate because we have FIVE $100 gift cards to giveaway! The details are below so please read them carefully because your entry may not qualify unless you follow them closely. Thank you!
- Prize: $100 Gift Card from Pottery Barn to use on anything in stock, including sale items! If you’ve been saving up for a big ticket item, you can also apply your gift card to something valued at over $100.
- Winners: FIVE
- To Qualify: No anonymous entries will be accepted. If you live outside of the US, you must have a US address for Pottery Barn to ship your gift card to as they won’t deliver to you otherwise. If you do not have a US address, you cannot enter this contest (sorry, it’s just how they roll). One entry per household. If you’ve won a decor8 contest in the past 12 months you are ineligible.
- Entry Details: Comment on this post below using your valid email address as that is the email I will use to contact you if you win. Don’t worry, it will not be published in your actual comment, only I can see it. In the body of the comment you must list your first name, city, state, and then add what you’d like to use the gift card on from Pottery Barn if you win (up to 3 items). Please include a link to the product/s but do not post the link without first converting it into a tinyurl.com link to shorten it. All links must work, so please double check them. If you do not include a tinyurl link your entry is not valid.
- Giveaway Ends: Enter between now and Monday, April 19, 2010 at 5:00 p.m. EST.
- Special Notes: Winners will be selected using Random.org. All who read this blog are eligible ONLY if you have a US shipping address since your card will be delivered via first-class mail. Gift cards can be redeemed at any Pottery Barn®, pottery barn kids®, PBteen®, West Elm®, Williams-Sonoma®, or Williams-Sonoma Home® stores, online, in-store or by phone.
Ready? Set? Go! Remember one entry per household!
(images: pottery barn)