I’m taking off for vacation next week but I’ll be back on Tuesday, May 27 after the Memorial Day holiday. I’ll leave you with some links today and I wish you a wonderful week ahead!
inspiration over at my 2nd blog called Haus Maus.
- Boston: South End Open Market kicks off this weekend on both Saturday and Sunday with tons of great vendors.
- Boston: SoWa Art Walk, where South End art studios open to the public, May 17-18.
- Brimfield, MA – The motherload of flea markets wraps up this weekend but there’s still time to scoop up the goods on May 17 & 18. Details here.
- Northhampton, MA: Paradise City Arts Festival, May 24-26.
- Chicago: Chicago Green Festival, May 17-18.
- NYC: Hable Construction Annual Spring Sample Sale, May 21-23. More information here.
- Beverly Hills, CA: Affaire in the Gardens Art Show, May 17-18. Meet Michelle Caplan along with many other great artists!
- Marisa’s informative podcast: Art & Money. All about earning the green stuff, licensing your work as an artist, and how to price what you do so that you can feel good about yourself and earn respect from your customers.
- I can’t stop looking at Little Doll Face.
- This is one of the best tutorials on how to make a repeat pattern that I’ve ever seen. Julia knocked the ball out of the park on this one.
- bient?t demain is a blog I recently discovered that I think you’ll fall in love with.
- On a fashion-related tip, our beloved Amelie, who is the lovely Audrey Tatou, is the new face for Chanel. Oh how extremely exciting because she is perfect. I read this on Vie Chaotique. Which got me to do some research and I discovered that Audrey will star as Coco Chanel in Coco avant Chanel, currently filming. By the way, has anyone seen Ensemble, c’est tout? I’m trying to find a copy to purchase…
new paper from Sandbergs Tyg & Tapet that is just so lovely…
- Haus Maus: A blog I just pulled together to focus more on my new apartment in Germany where I plan to live 5 months each year starting in August. Haus Maus is a very informal personal blog where I talk about my decorating and diy ideas for my new space. I also have lots of links on the blog for mostly Germany and Europe.
- Me@Real Simple: 10 Budget Bathroom Updates
- Me@Real Simple: Shower Curtain Round Up
- Me@Real Simple: 10 Entryway Updates
- A Few Good (Etsy) Men, a piece that I produced for Domino magazine, is now online.
And for those of you waiting for the big contest news, Amy Butler sent me most of the images of the lovely items that she plans to give to the winners of our upcoming inspiration board contest so I’ll post full details on May 27th. The prizes are lovely. The decor8/Amy Butler Contest will kick off on 5/27 and you’ll have 3 weeks to submit your inspiration board to me. This year I’m allowing both digital boards and handmade ones so more have a chance to participate.
See you on Monday, May 27th. Have a wonderful week!
(top image from wohn idee, bottom image from frida)