I really enjoyed the first installation of 8 Things I Found This Past Weekend so I decided to do another and maybe I’ll continue with these because I love sharing bits of the precious, unique, interesting and/or simply cool stuff that I discover. Plus, I love to shop for myself, my family and friends which means I come across a lot of good stuff in my pursuit of cute. Here are 8 things that made me smile, I hope they do the same for you.
1. iPAD SLEEVE. Finally! I found the perfect soft gold leather sleeve for my iPad and a big bonus, it has an interiors scene on the inside. I purchased it at Raumformplan in Hannover, it’s a Dutch brand called Keecie. I’ve also ordered this in minty dusty green from the Keecie web shop today to pop in my handbag to hold my iPhone 6 Plus – it’s the perfect size.
2. GIFT BAGS + TAGS. I bought these from Ferm Living for gift giving – a nice change from the typical gift bags with ribbon handles. I love the geometric tags and stickers too.
3. COOKBOOK. Karen Mordechai, whom I’ve met in person several times (she is as lovely as you’d expect!) wrote her debut book, Sunday Suppers, named after the supper club she started that sells out each time she throws one in her super bombastic Brooklyn studio. This woman is a dynamo. This cookbook is gorgeous. A big thanks to her literary agent for passing a copy along to me.
6. MINI SUITCASE. I just had to have this little hedgehog suitcase for Aidan’s room. We have these critters running around outside, you’ll find them in gardens and in the forest behind my house, and I just adore them. This was also from the Hannover shop, Goldfisch, but the label inside traces its origins to the Dot Com Gift Shop.
7. BABY BOOTS. After spending way too much money on handmade leather shoes for my crawling baby boy, I decided that it was just plan frivolous spending to spend so much money on shoes for a child that doesn’t even walk. Since we still take him to the sandbox in the playground, and for long stroller rides each day, his little feet still need protecting from the elements. I found these beige boots at our local H&M and fell in love with not only the low price but how adorbable they look on his tiny legs with his leggings tucked into them. It is way more fun than I imagined to dress a little boy.
8. WALLPAPER. This golden pineapple wallpaper, Pina Sola, by Aimee Wilder is being installed in my entryway AS I TYPE THIS. I can’t WAIT to show you guys the before and after. You can follow the progress on my Instagram account @decor8. My current entry way does not say WELCOME, it says GO AWAY. That had to change. Why not use an emblem of hospitality, and something that connects me to my southern heritage – the pineapple?
Hope you enjoyed my finds! Spot anything you love?
(images: holly becker for decor8)
There are often so many things that I do or see during the weekend that never make it to my blog or even to Instagram. I often wonder why don’t I share on decor8 as freely as I once did, why do I think everything needs it’s own post and tons of hours devoted to pulling together a review? When I got started as a blogger 9 years ago, I blogged so frequently and my recipe was usually that I’d produce a few big stories each week, a few mid-size ones, and then a bunch of quickies here and there. While everyone else is talking about slow blogging at the moment, I just want to go my own way and blog more frequently and share what I see, but not necessarily make every post one that took me a day to pull together. So in honor of the blogger I once was, who I now want to become again, I’m going to blog daily and just follow my heart. Not every post will be something major, but at least I can use this space to do what I do best – spotlight all of the things that I love and to do it freely and somewhat easily.
Here are 8 lovely things that I found this weekend:
1. Me&Mats jewelry. I was sent a beautiful necklace, Mister Grey, as a gift and wore it with my new oversized beige cashmere sweater, a pair of jeans and my new boots with neon indigo blue trim. I felt like a million bucks in this necklace. I truly love it.
2. A stack of Anthology magazines that I was missing in my collection. Gosh I love this magazine so much.
3. These fun little Hoptimist figures from Concept Room are finally unpacked and ready to put somewhere in my home. They are so sweet and bouncy. One is definitely going into the baby’s room for his shelf (the ones he cannot reach yet!).
5. My quilt is finished! I’ve been working on this quilt for an embarrassingly long time. I decided to send it out to be quilted after I put it all together and it came back looking gorgeous. I’m so happy because this was a lot of work. Now I want to make more. Thank you Brigitte, you did a gorgeous job!
6. I’m prepping a “foodie” shoot for the decor8 shop. Here you can see some of the things I’ll soon feature above like the gorgeous serving board is from Arayna Jensen, the print from Colour Moon and these gorgeous linen napkins from Celina Mancurti that are to die for. I’m so proud that I stock handmade products that are made so beautifully.
8. Flipping through Milk Decoration magazine, given to me by my friend who just returned from France. I’m so glad this was part of my weekend. So inspiring.
And finally, because I haven’t blogged about him in so long… Here is my little Aidan with his daddy. He turned 8 months old on October 9th. He is such a darling boy. He started crawling at 6 months and is standing too but hasn’t walked on his own yet – we’re thinking he’ll start walking at 10 months. He’s so close!!!
So those are 8 things that I found this weekend. I hope you had a nice weekend and found some good stuff too. – Holly
(images: holly becker for decor8)
I love it when my favorite design gurus talk about what they’re loving for the season! It’s fun to peek into someone else’s shopping bag when you admire their style so much. Would you like to see my 12 favorites for Fall from Anthropologie? I don’t get to their stores much these days – they don’t have any in Germany and up until now they were only in England (but soon to open in Paris), so unless I travel there I’m rarely able to play in their fashion and interiors wonderland for adults. I do shop them online though since they have a German store, but it’s not the same as being immersed in that lush brocante chic experience that is Anthro. Oh well, I’m due a London visit soon anyway. Until then, here is my shopping list for the months ahead…
Spot any new faves?
Gold foil is so hot right now, have you noticed? And bold contrasts too, like black and white stripes. And don’t get me started on totes with upbeat girl power phrases. I think every now and then we need to treat ourselves so with back to school here and with lots of us taking online classes or who know teens going back to high school or have college pals heading back in, etc. I found 5 things that you may like for yourself or to give as a gift. These are all handmade, high quality and decor8 tested and approved from Great.ly makers that fit MY version of what back to school means to me at the moment – a hint of glam!
1. 13″ Macbook case in black white stripe Japanese canvas by Hanelca/Aya Kawaura 2. Gold Foil lip print by Becky Lord 3. Gold anchor note cards by Taylor Henderson. 4. Swiss dot patterned gold foil pencils by Splendid Supply Co. 5. Stay Awesome tote bag custom made for decor8 readers by Toodles Noodles.
Aren’t these handmade items just the best? Which ones do you like the best?
Please note: All products in this post are decor8 tested and approved.
(images: holly becker)