Update 2/23: We need international swappers, US/Canadian side is now full and many await international friends to swap with. Email me if you’re interested. Thanks! :)
It’s time again for our reader swap! If you’d like to participate, read the following guidelines and email me asap at decor8blog AT yahoo DOT com.
1) NEEDED: 10 international (outside of North America) and 10 swappers from America/Canada.
2) 1 us/cad swapper will pair up with 1 int’l. I’ll pick the pair and send both of you the needed contact information. You arrange everything from there. If you’re in America, you can fit two magazines in a US Priority Int’l flat rate mailer for well under $8.
3) Once paired with a swapmate, you are responsible to complete the transaction via email. I’m not involved in this process.
4) Mail 2-3 magazines from your country to your swapmate. They will send the same number of magazines to you. Make sure you agree on a number before sending magazines out.
5) Issues must be new and current for this swap, issues need to be dated March or April.
6) Registration ends Thursday, March 1, 2007 at 5pm EST OR when 20 participants are registered.
7) I’m sure we’ll have more sign up on the us/cad side, so I will accept only the first 10 that email me. Let’s hope we get more than 10 international swappers, in which case, we may be able to include a few more from us/cad side and up the numbers. Let’s wait and see… Last time we had 40 participate.
8) Remember that mailing magazines outside of the US can be somewhat expensive, I recently sent 2 magazines to Australia via airmail and it was around $17 USD. My swapmate spent around $35 Australian to send magazines to me (although she included an 3rd magazine and a little frame as gift). If you want to swap, remember, you’ll need to pay for the shipping. Some people may not consider this when signing up… Although int’l flat rate mailers are available, and those save you a lot of money, so please visit your local post office for details.
9) Ask your swapmate if they have a preference, some of us already have access to International magazines here (and vice versa), so you should let your swapmate know your preference up front.
10) To register, please send me your full name, email, and mailing address to register. Commenting below is great, but you are not officially registered until you EMAIL me at decor8blog [at] yahoo [dot] com.
Please help spread the word on your blogs so we can obtain plenty of International swappers!
Are you a Brooklyn-based home accessories or jewelry designer? Read on…
BKLYN DESIGNS is coming May 11-13th, but did you know that they’re also looking for Brooklyn designers that are interested in participating in their NEW cash and carry market, BKLYN DESIGNS + Accessories Mart. Yup. This market will offer products made in Brooklyn, from home accessories to jewelry. Interested manufacturers and designers should visit their website for applications and deadline information. If you qualify, register el pronto, people!
Here’s a sneak peak of some designs that you can expect to see at this year’s show…
Paper Cloud of Cincinnati, Ohio is a family-owned business operated by husband and wife team that create journals, art, and pillows by hand. Lovely thought, isn’t it? Each item lovingly created by the designers and brought directly to you, via their online store. Items are priced at only $20-45, making this design that truly is within reach. Thank you Ariana for sharing your pretty things with all of us, we’re so glad to know of you of Paper Cloud!
(images from paper cloud)
Have you heard about the all new Trunkt? Dev Tandon just wrote to me and I had to get this up on the blog ASAP because I know so many of you will just love it. Trunkt works very hard to champion independent design entrepreneurs through both their brick and mortar location in NYC and online. With success in both areas, they decided to branch out and create the Trunkt LookBook.
The LookBook features the works of their members, all art and design entrepreneurs, who use this as a resource to tell the world about what they do. Membership is only $99/year and is open to all. The LookBook contains the profiles of designers, along with product shots, industry jobs, events, and many other cool features. Learn more about membership and features here.
Wow Dev, wonderful resource, thanks for sharing!
(image from trunkt)