Hello everyone! It’s time for Etsy Take Five Tuesday… are you ready? First let me say that I’ve been a busy beaver over the past few days with my e-class that kicked off yesterday and today a mountain of paperwork to do in addition to an open house to go to as we’re still on the prowl for a new place to live. It’s been one thing after another, I feel like a little hamster in a wheel! Oh wait, I’m a busy beaver… well you catch my drift. :) I’m so glad to finally sit down before I start recording my podcast for tomorrow’s class to talk to you and let you know that I’ve been thinking about you. How are you doing? Good? Bad? Just okay? Blah? I’ve been feeling a lot of chaos and nervous energy around me lately, especially online, people seem to be a bit unfocused and even uninspired and I want to tell you straight up that it’s the beginning of a new year, this is common and shall pass. Now let’s look at some beauty, shall we? These etsy stores have been on my radar over the past week or so, some you may know already, others not but all are equally beautiful and lovely to look upon. I hope that you enjoy my picks!
F2 Images has some of the best prints for the home, I love this photo featuring so many designs featuring insects… Aren’t they the best? Talk about an amazing product shot, this makes me want to own them all!
Next up is Claudia Pearson in Brooklyn who is an illustrator with an impressive portfolio – her work has been published in the New York Times, The New Yorker, Elle, Communication Arts and more, including books. In her shop she carries colorful prints and cards, the pink row houses are a personal fave because they are so very American to me even though they originate in England, and I love them because they remind me of some of my favorite neighborhoods in America. And funny thing is, I appreciate them even more now that I’m on new soil abroad because I no longer have exposure to them in Germany and things are always easier to see when you step back vs. when you look at them under a microscope.
Now let’s look at Nut and Bee in New Zealand. Oh my, the cuteness just kills me here! I love the bubble tea print, the tea looks so happy and that is nice because who wants to drink sad tea? It makes me miss going into Boston’s Chinatown for my monthly bubble tea boost. We have it here as well, but only in the summer months so I’m starting to crave it even though I have to wait until May. Nut and Bee has stickers, notepads, cards and prints along with other paper goods like sticky notes. Very sweet!
Cynthia Vardhan is a successful potter in Ohio with a degree in fine arts and a beautiful body of work that will have you swooning. Such talent! Her work is available in fine boutiques across America in addition to shows that she participates in and of course, her etsy shop.
Stuart Kolakovic is one to watch. He lives in Staffordshire, England and has some of the best work, the most unique, that I’ve seen in a while. Looks like he is closing up his etsy shop soon to reopen on his own website, so definitely check him out on etsy while you can. Great stuff.
See anything you like? I know, I know… it’s all good. :)
(images linked to their sources above)
How’s everyone doing out there today? I hope you’re well and getting back into the rhythm of things. I’ve been having a hard time motivating myself this week to be honest. I feel a bit sluggish! I went out for a long walk again and landed in the art shop run by the cutest little couple and ended up buying some origami papers so I can make some more paper cut outs. The walk helped me to feel more balanced, though it’s been tough getting back into the normal routine of things again. So! It’s been a few weeks since the last Etsy Take Five Tuesday so how about we get this party started already!? Today I have some lovely jewelry to share from Iceland along with quirky cute silk-screened goods, crafty handmade things, paper goods and
Soap Studiooos designs fun silk-screened pillows — my favorites: the chair back cushions, so modern and unique!
Home Spun Ireland is another new favorite shop of mine featuring mixed media and textile art by artist Jessamyn Sommers in Cork. Can you handle the sweetness?
FINERI is the Icelandic word for all things pretty, lovely and nice and that is exactly what this jewelry shop contains – precious things by designer Ina in Reykjavik who also happens to write an inspirational blog, too.
I like the pretty pastel paper goods from Letter C Design, which reminds me, I really need a day planner!
Nora Jane in North Carolina makes rubber stamps and cushions, both are two things in which I personally enjoy having lots of! :)
(images: linked to their source above)
I skipped Etsy Take Five Tuesday this week intentionally — I want to share the decor8 gift guide instead that I created from the heart, filled with handmade finds on Etsy to fill your shopping cart with… Today we will enjoy several shops with many lovely things that I’ve carefully selected. Some of these sellers are ones that I’ve featured before, others not, but regardless you are sure to find some pretty things. I hope that you enjoy my selection, this took hours to pull together so if you like this round up please let me know so I can feel motivated to invest the time in pulling together more shopping round ups in 2010. :)
1. Be Still Shop mosaic linen cushion cover $56, 2. Sandra Suy Flora print $35, 3. Segment earrings by Lila Ruby King $18, 4. Pretty Little Thieves Not Quite Sure print $15, 5. My Wire Empire Houndstooth Chair print $12, 6. Ice Cream original pen drawing by The State of Things $120 and 7. Maramiki kitchen towels set of 3 $45.
1. Lizzy Stewart Russian card $3, 2. Shelly Klein pug pillow $98, 3. Stockton veggie print $12, 4. Septembear Together print $15, 5. Me Plus Molly petite purse $27, 6. Crafty Folk Beatrix brooch $35, 7. Wooden deer brooch by Enna $15 and 8. Irena Sophia Girl with a Fan print $20.
1. Sycamore Street Press La vie en rose letterpress print $30, 2. Amy Blackwell Portrait of a Badger print $18, 3. Slightly Grumpy original watercolor painting by Poppo Portraits $50 and 4. Little Love Blue mushroom $15.
1. Love Petit Zakka Japan stripes tape $15, 2. mud puppy vase $26, 3. Bec Winnel Statue of Eve print $25, 4. Oh Hello Friend hair pins $5, 5. Sooooound Motherhood print $30, 6. The Paper Apartment We Grew Together print $36, 7. Wren Handmade crochet necklace $65, 8. White Square teacup brooch $10, 9. wiyomu doily necklace $42 and 10. Naomi Murrell love necklace $40.
1. Paper Zoo Designs Doe print $28, 2. Vintage Jane green/blue stool $22, 3. Vlas Store my dreams journal $18, 4. Gemma Bear cat mart print $12, 5. Joanna Rutter little vixen fox necklace $80, 6. Under The Stairs Studio 3-D folding card $4, 7. Charmaine Olivia carnival print $20, 8. Tuesday Morning Love Is Spoke Here print $20, 9. Wren Handmade fabric flower hair clips $10 and 10. Pepperminte Bobby print $20.
1. Sarah Lucretia print $13, 2. Dozi 2010 pocket planners $11.50, 3. Miss Natalie apple box with lid $30, 4. Little Black Rabbit clutch $65, 5. Spoons I print by Amy Karol $18 and 6. The Vamoose pompom necklace $62.
Bonus item not shown: Vintage truck toy box from Ethanollie $49. Darling!
What are your favorites?
(images linked to their sources above)
It’s Etsy Take Five Tuesday time! Are you ready to see what’s on the radar this week? Lots of crafty gorgeousness, that’s what. I’ve even thrown in some fancy leggings and some chubby birds. :) Enjoy!
Pulsatilla has a fine selection of gorgeous prints inspired by some of her favorite animals set against modern patterns.
I’ve shared Miss Dottie Angel with you before but it’s been awhile, and you may not have been a decor8 reader when I last talked about her handmade wares so here you go… meet Dottie Angel and her retrofabulousness.
I have this real obsession with tights and leggings lately… especially patterned ones with pretty shoes and so when I was looking for some over on Etsy I was surprised to find Norwegian Wood — such lovely leggings + things! And by the way, aren’t her black heels fierce?
Oh my darling, oh my darling, oh my Darling Clementine! You’re not lost or gone forever, such pretty papers, Clementine!
Step right up folks! Pick a bird, any bird, and Ashley Anna Brown will custom make it for you! I love this idea… she invites you to look at her Flickr stream to get an idea of the bird colors and details that she has created in the past… Tweet!
(images linked to their sources above)