Our current four online classes include, Blogging Your Way (Beginner), Blogging Your Way 2.0 (Intermediate & Advanced), Blogging Your Way: Boot Camp (All Levels: Intensive: 45+ Lessons) and Blogging Your Way: Blog Boss (All Levels: Less Intensive: 32 Lessons) will give you the tools that you need to blog your best.
All of our courses teach a very creative, personal approach to blogging that you just won’t find in other classes since most blogging workshops focus on mostly boring tech stuff (how to set up a blog, SEO, blog platforms, etc.) – All topics that you can EASILY learn on a myriad of blogs, books and websites. There are lots of ways to learn about blogging but our approach is to pull together successful bloggers who make a living primarily through their blogs and let THEM teach YOU their secrets. Our teachers aren’t learning how to grow their blog or just getting started – we have years of experience, large audiences and are frequently featured in the press. We take this whole blogging thing seriously and teach our students how WE do it in a fun, supportive and encouraging way.
Our e-courses guide you as you begin to get in touch with why you want to blog, how social media REALLY works what makes a blog a “success” and how to use your blog as a catalyst to create your best life. In fact, using your blog as a catalyst to live your best life is at the very core of what we teach. Packed with hundreds of helpful tips, feedback, visuals, inspiration and ideas, BYW will guide you on your blogging journey every step of the way. Each self-paced password protected e-course and forum puts you in touch with students worldwide in a supportive environment amongst friends.
Duration: All of our classes run for 4 weeks and then we add an additional 4 weeks to your class time so that you can continue to network in the forums, access all materials and catch up if you need to.
CURRENTLY ENROLLING: This class is currently sold out. Blog Boss with Holly Becker from decor8 and co-teachers Stefanie Luxat from Ohhh Mhhhh and Irene Hoofs from Bloesem and Bloesem Kids. Your class will also have a dedicated tech support specialist, Thorsten Becker, who will help you learn how to use our class site and forum easily. He will also teach a few lessons on business management for bloggers since he is the Business Manager for decor8, LLC and knows all the ins and outs about the business of blogging. Learn more about your teachers here.
Fee: $129 USD
Duration: 4 weeks – March 1-29, 2013 (with 4 bonus weeks at the end for extra forum and class time until April 26th.)
ENROLL HERE Note: Your login information will be sent to you the day that class opens on Friday, March 1, 2013.
NOTE: Blog Boss is for those who know the basics of how blogging works (how to write a post, how to publish a post, how to add images to your posts, how to comment, etc.) but want to dig deeper into how to really think about blogging in a whole new way in order to enjoy it more, reach a broader audience and for personal growth and business success.
If you know nothing about blogging this class is not for you. You need to understand how blogging works and it would be great if you set up a blog before March 1st or during class so that you can get more out of the lessons.
BLOG BOSS Topics Include:
* BLOGGING FOR BUSINESS: From taxes to business etiquette and business planning for your blog
* HOW TO be the EDITOR IN CHIEF of your blog – Taking a magazine approach to content
* TEAMING UP with others and how this can work for YOU
* WORKING FROM HOME – pros and cons and how we do it
* HOW TO Analyze and Critique YOUR BLOG like a magazine staff does
* HOW NOT to be a copycat – WAYS to DEVELOP FRESH ideas that NO ONE ELSE has
* HOW TO deal with copycats, content theft, and other naughty people
* HOW TO FIND AN ANGLE (even if you are on the road with 100 bloggers): 5 story ideas that WORK
* PINTEREST tips and tricks
* BLOGGING TRENDS that we predict
* HOSTING 101: Meet ups, events, workshops and more!
* Overcoming BLOG ENVY
* Work Life Balance as a mom, wife, etc.
* The importance of PLANNING
* SMALL INVESTMENTS that can make a BIG difference
* STAYING TRUE to your style
* Learn how to FOCUS on what you CAN achieve
* BLOG Etiquette online and how to deal with people who have none!
* Going from Blogger to Book Author
* The Importance of your BIO
* WHAT EVERY Blog needs on their main page
* Blog Case Studies: Blogs That Rock and WHY
* Either have a blog or intend to start one during this class
* You know how to blog (e.g. posting, uploading images, tags, etc.)
* At least 3 hours a week to read through materials and participate in forum discussions with your teachers and fellow students.
Ready to get started? Do you have questions? If so, please refer to the FAQ page.