Q. How exactly does this e-course work?
A. The class is held via a self-paced password protected e-course site and forum. You can log in anytime you would like – day or night – to access materials. Lessons, videos and podcasts will be posted on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays by 12:00 PM EST (Eastern Standard Time). In addition to helpful information you can expect fun, no-pressure assignments (complete them only if you want to) and a weekly podcast that you can download or listen to directly on the site. There will be a forum where you can interact with Holly, our dedicated technical support administrator, Thorsten, and fellow students. Again, you can log into the e-course anytime you like, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, to participate.
Q. How long is this course and what are the dates?
A. The course will run for four weeks. The e-course site and forum will remain open to you for four additional weeks at the end of the class so that you may revisit materials and connect with fellow classmates in the forum.
Q. What do I need for this class?
A. Here are some things you should have before class begins:
* A blog! If you don’t, please start one during class so you can apply what you’re learning as you go because you’ll benefit the most through applying what you learn right away. This class does not cover topics like choosing a blogging platform or how to publish a post, those are basic skills that you can learn quickly on your own through your blogging platform FAQ section or through the many books about blogging basics out there.
* Knowledge of blogging terms like “posting”, “uploading photos”, “links”, “URL” etc.
* A camera: OPTIONAL but helpful (digital, point-and-shoot is fine, nothing fancy) – any type of camera is fine though, as long as you can upload photos.
* A Flickr.com account (it’s free, just sign up and you’re in!)
* A pen and a journal for note taking
Q. Will this class guarantee my success as a blogger?
A. Consider this: Will a personal trainer guarantee your success? No. Only by showing up and putting in the time and work will you be able to see your progress. The same applies to this class. We will provide plenty of tools but your success depends on you putting those them to good use. We are eager to provide the guidance and information you need to author a blog that you’re proud of. Please refer to our student testimonials if you’d like to see what others are saying about BYW.
Q: After I sign-up, when will I receive my login credentials?
A. Student login credentials will be emailed to all registered participants to the email address that you used to pay for the class via Paypal on March 1, 2013.
NOTE: To see what new content will be featured in this class, please refer to the Course Outline.
Q: Do you issue refunds or transfers if I enroll but decide to drop out?
A. No. Due to the nature of this class we cannot issue refunds or transfers. Once you have paid for any of our classes you have committed to sticking with it so please keep this in mind when you click ENROLL!