Spencer Moy contacted me this morning about his stylish collection of photocuffs. I try to keep the blog focused on home design and paper goods, but by golly, these cuffs are so sweet, I had to at least mention them. Plus, they provide you with a whole new way to showcase your favorite photos without some cheesy t-shirt with your cat on the front. These cuffs are understated (which I like), versatile and something that a design geek like you could possibly put to good use. Here’s a tiny tidbit about SMOY and the website. See what you think.
SMOY is derived from the designer?s first initial last name ? Spencer Moy. Spencer Moy is an industrial designer living and working in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. After graduating from Carnegie Mellon University, Spencer wanted to work internationally and landed job in Tokyo, Japan. After two and a half years abroad, Spencer returned to his native city ? New York. The idea of the Smoy PhotoCuff was hovering the back of his head since leaving Japan. Tired of freelancing and temping, Spencer brought the idea off the shelf and into reality.
Cuff me, baby!
(photo and company bio text from SMOY)
I’m totally feeling these new arrivals from snow + graham at luxe paperie. Although this perky wrapping paper is the last thing I need, that’s never stopped me from throwing down the debit card and cha-chinging my way into paper heaven. These patterns make me feel bubbly, happy…the perfect way to feel on a Friday. It’s weekend time everyone, time to unwind, relax, refresh. What are you planning to do this weekend?
Here are my goals:
* Go on a date with my husband. Yes, that would be nice. :)
* Clean out my atrocious walk in closet. Donate stuff to charity. Figure out a new way to display my vintage hat collection. I have a bit too much happening in that closet between clothes, books, handbags, hats, books, boots, jewelry… yup. Organize!
* Grocery shop for only whole foods – veggies and fruit. Some sushi. Must buy fresh squeezed OJ.
* Go swimming and do a couple hours of cardio at the gym. Current upper arms do not support current choice of flirty spring dresses.
* Step away from the computer and get a life. I think a truly balanced person gives themselves time to recharge. There’s no race going on out there that I personally need to run 7 days a week.
* Get outside! It’s going to be in the high 50s to low 60s here this weekend, so we’ll go play tennis and do some hiking on the local trails.
What are your plans this weekend? It helps to actually make them so that your weekend doesn’t slip away from you. I’m interested in knowing what you are all up to, and yes, I will hold you to your plans because when Monday morning rolls around, I’ll expect a full report! :)
(photos from luxe paperie)
Do you love modern art, but purchasing something from a gallery would put you back, say 5 rent checks and an eviction notice? Good news for that lonely wall over your sofa without sacrificing your great landlord/tenant relationship. Check out the new Vencka Series from Australian artist Campbell Laird. Prices range between $300-695 and are available online at 2Modern. Here’s additional information from their website:
Each piece is individually printed on 20ml artist’s cotton canvas or 310gsm watercolor paper, using pigment based inks of the highest quality, the archival rating for these giclee prints exceeds 150 years. They are part of a limited edition of 125 and are proofed, signed and numbered by Campbell. A certificate of authenticity is included identifying the piece with the name, the edition number and date of publication.
(photos from 2Modern)
Boston Kate mentioned this amazing site called Crispina Fuchsia, Inc. – and I’m jumping in my seat about it because it’s local (in Massachusetts) and it’s a felt lovers paradise of beautiful things! I’m on the run, so I don’t have much time to elaborate, but why don’t you just check it out and see what you think and report back to me… The stuff looks amazingly yummy! For the locals, they sell in a lot of stores around here, however you can view all of their collections in Lenox, MA at their store. Road trip!
(photos from crispina fuchsia inc.)