The launches of Domino, and O at Home have been quite a success this year for Shelter. Now, I’ve heard that there’s a new magazine and website kicking off this Summer ’06 called “Kitchen” magazine, available at newstands and online. They’re now accepting resumes, if you’re interested!
I’ll let you know as soon as I spot the issue – hopefully they’ll feature some fun kitchen decor and appliances, too!
Although you may battle with what it means to be an adult, we all know that holding onto your black and brass torchiere lamp from college may not be in the best interest of your reputation. You may want to light up your life with something less circa 1985 and a little more circa N-O-W.
Want to part ways with your lighting, but you’re on a budget? Give the Nate Berkus line at Linens -n- Things a look or two. Lights from cutie decorator, Nate Berkus, are sure to turn you on. The white pierced ceramic table lamp has my vote for only $69.99, and the seeded glass table lamp for $49.99 ranks a close second.
Time to craigslist that lamp of yours!
(Photo: TOP: White Pierced Ceramic Lamp, $69.99. Photo from Linens -n- Things.)
Art fresh out of the UK, Puppy-licious is “modern wall candy for your space”. All paintings are acrylic on chunky canvas and original works of art. They’ll also accept commissions (maybe they’ll paint your pet?). The vibe is happy, funky, fun and 99% puppy love (I spotted a cat named Nancy in the mix). I dig the colors and think the close ups are very here + now. I like the “Gentlemen’s Collection” with the grey tone backgrounds. Benson is adorable.
How much is that doggy in the window? Their prices are listed here or you can email Puppy-Licious for a quote on any of the works you see on their website. They accept paypal, too.
Do you like them? Woof!
If you fancy cats more than pups, look for their new kitty-licious line – coming soon!
(Photos: TOP: Wilf painting. BELOW: Trio of paintings from the Gentlemen’s Collection + Wesley painting. All photos from Puppy-Licious.)
The Spring Garnet Hill catalog just arrived and I found some fresh finds to share with you. See what you think of my top 10 picks for Spring from Garnet Hill.
1) Vortex Quilt in blue, tangerine, pomegranate or avocado. $148-228
2) Zinnia 310 thread count sateen bedding + comforter cover. $28-125
3) Zinnia shower curtain $45
4) In a New York Minute percale sheets + comforter cover $25-95 (very cute for kids or guest bedroom.)
5) Pillow Bench in pink or green $125
6) Newport Gardens percale sheets + comforter cover $28-124
7) Button Bowl $24 (very cute for catching keys, rings, earrings, even a business card holder.)
8) Zinnia doormat $28
9) Hadley Pollet reversible belt $98 (I know, I’m always trying to sneak in something wearable into my design blog….)
10) Yo Yo shower curtain $48 + Yo Yo rugs $32
(Photos: TOP: Button Bowl. BOTTOM: Zinnia shower curtain, Hadley Pollet belt, Pillow Bench. All photos from Garnet Hill.)