Remember how I shared a bunch of inspiring ceramics last week? I have good news! I found yet another to share only this time you can buy everything you see (and more) with absolutely free shipping to anywhere in the world in my pop-up shop until May 31st. The ceramics of Anna Westerlund are simply amazing. I love how she mixes them with Liberty prints and patterns, too. I want everything in her collection which sounds so selfish but it’s true. These pieces fit the decor8 aesthetic perfectly!
In fact, I’ve ordered some pieces that should arrive next week. I can justify my order because I will use these pieces as props for my next book, which I just started working on to release next year, and since they are functional they’re not only objects of art for my glass cabinet but can be used and enjoyed. Feast your eyes on the hand work of ceramicist Anna Westerlund.
For more beautiful pieces and free shipping worldwide, visit the Anna Westerlund Pop Up shop here until May 31st.
(images: anna westerlund and sanda pagaimo)
I’ve always loved ceramics and have fond memories of working at a potter’s wheel quite regularly in my various art classes growing up. I can still feel the clay in my hands and remember pressing my thumbs and palms into it – that wet sloppy slurping, the smell, the anticipation of seeing the piece after it was sculpted, then placed to bake in the kiln, praying in silence that it wouldn’t crack or break altogether. Then the painting and glazing, waiting again, and finally your finished piece.
It’s a process that requires so much patience that you can say the art of making ceramics sculpts and fires your personality in addition to the forms made. Today I thought I’d round up some of my favorite pieces at the moment with hopes that you will discover something beautiful and inspirational. Here are 10 ceramics that I love right now.
2. Exclusive mugs made in California by Jujumade for Fine Life Co. I’d love these to drink my morning coffee from. A good mug makes a cup of coffee a special and relaxing time. I don’t enjoy the coffee the same from a cheap mug or some to-go cup.
3. Julia Paul Pottery – this is all just so beautifully formed, I really love it.
4. Rosenthal. A very classic German company that still produces such sweet pieces. I love visiting their outlet in Wolfsburg, I buy all of my vases there.
7. Butterly drawers – oh my! By Katherine Morling. You HAVE to visit her site. Unreal. I mean, seriously. You will die.
8. Astier de Villatte – still my favorite in the world, you can find them in the US all over but ABC Home has the most extensive selection I’ve seen stateside outside of Liberty London and of course, the Astier de Villatte shop in Paris (which I could move into). I dream of owning pieces by them. I only have a large wall fork and some glass candles and incense sticks. When I’m in Paris again, I have to visit the shop and splurge a little.
9. The Object Enthusiast ring dishes on Esty. Quirky and fun.
What are some of your favorite ceramics at the moment? Any favorites above that we share?