Inspiration

Random Room Inspiration

February 26, 2008

I’m busy working on a project all day, so I’m leaving you with a bit of random room inspiration for you to enjoy. I’ll be back later today with Etsy Take Five Tuesdays so stay tuned!

Random Room Inspiration White living room with a pretty Indian theme from LivingEtc. The mother of pearl inlaid mirror is amazing, as is the garland.

Random Room Inspiration Top images and bottom left from the portfolio of Sasa Antic, a stylist from Sweden, discovered via Emmas designblogg. Bottom right image is from Domino magazine — I love the idea of wallpaper in the closet! Photos taken by Louise Billgert and Ann Lindberg.

Random Room Inspiration This Andy Warhol Queen Elizabeth II vintage poster (reproduction here in red) sets the stage for a playful decor. From LivingEtc, of course.

Random Room Inspiration I love seeing how people arrange their things. All photos from Sasa Antic, taken by Louise Billgert and Ann Lindberg, except top right image which I found via Real Living magazine in Australia. (thanks Belinda!)

Random Room Inspiration Who says a black leather sofa can’t be chic? Thanks Livingetc for giving us a new perspective. I also like the added touch of letters in a glass storage box on the coffee table. So special!

Random Room Inspiration A colorful inspiration board from Sasa Antic. Taken by Louise Billgert and Ann Lindberg.
Random Room InspirationWhimsical kitchen decor styled by Sasa Antic. Taken by Louise Billgert and Ann Lindberg.

Random Room Inspiration A tour of Laura Turner Seydel‘s Atlanta home over at Domino online, tour the entire pad here.

Random Room Inspiration And finally a stylish minty green kitchen arranged by Sasa Antic, taken by Louise Billgert and Ann Lindberg. I love the idea of having no overhead cabinets like this and I like the tabletop, it looks like a black/white pattern on a wood table doesn’t it? Maybe a DIY job?

(images linked to source above)

13 Comments

• Reply seldom seen February 26, 2008 at 8:48 pm

Argh, my eyes! So much design goodness they don’t know where to look first! There’s so much personality in these rooms. And isn’t Living Etc fantastic? That last week before it hits my doormat seems so long.

• Reply belinda graham February 26, 2008 at 9:23 pm

It’s ours! It’s ours! The top right pic is from a Christmas lunch Real Living magazine (www.reallivingmag.com.au – shameless advertising) put on for its supporters last year. It must have been taken off the editor’s blog – http://www.reallivingmagazine.blogspot.com. Great bunch of inspiration, thanks

• Reply Jude February 26, 2008 at 9:26 pm

So much loveliness (looking for proper adjectives again)! What did you think about Linda Aldredge’s treehouse also featured in Domino? This is when I feel like a complete eco-poser as I don’t know that I’d be brave enough to give up all my ‘stuff’ and downsize to that extent. ?

• Reply Zsuzsi ?s Anna February 26, 2008 at 10:27 pm

Wow! Great stuff, as always. The Sasa Antic selves look like an ISPy book for me. So much fun!

• Reply malo February 26, 2008 at 10:51 pm

What a fantastic collection of pictures. Thanks!
    About the last one, I know (I belive everything I read) its a DIY job (if DIY is Do It Yourself?) because the apartment was featured in a magasin a year ago or so. Its oilcloth, the pattern is by swedish 10gruppen http://www.tiogruppen.com

• Reply Kate F. February 26, 2008 at 11:03 pm

Jude- Don’t be too hard on yourself! I’ll go back and check but I think the article said that treehouse was a weekend place–she doesn’t live there all the time!

Re. the no-top-cabinets kitchen, we didn’t put any upper cabinets in ours, in part because we didn’t need the storage and in part because I think our walls would dissolve if we tried. But I also liked the idea of putting up open shelving and having an airy feel in our small kitchen. So far I haven’t figured out how to put up shelves without the same level of wall-dissolving as cabinets would have caused, but one day….

• Reply Melissa Lewis February 27, 2008 at 12:04 am

oh yes, that is great inspiration. Love the whimsical kitchen especially.

The no upper cabinets thing is really popular now. It’s very cottage chic!

• Reply Ashley L. February 27, 2008 at 2:09 am

great post as always! this one is especially full of inspiring rooms! thank you for sharing! :)

• Reply stay beautiful February 27, 2008 at 3:25 am

i LOVE the what will call ‘cottage style’ cabinets!.. i call them that because.. you guessed it.. same style at our little cottage.. beautiful colours.. thinking back i hink ours have been at least 5 colours now since i can remember

• Reply decor8 February 27, 2008 at 5:31 am

Belinda thank you so much!

Jude I relate completely, but like Kate f. said, go easy on yourself. Not everyone has the time, resources and CASH to live 100% eco. I eat organic and use my own cloth shopping bags and that is hard enough sometimes!!

• Reply tapestryproductions February 27, 2008 at 7:36 am

Loved the glass box with letters. My now husband and I wrote for two years while living in different countries. I have always wanted to find something lovely to do with the bundle of letters I have. Does anyone know where the box is from?

Thanks

• Reply Abbey Goes Design Scouting February 28, 2008 at 4:58 am

lovely lovely lovely as always!

• Reply saskia! August 26, 2009 at 12:50 pm

wauw! i really really like it. im from the netherlands, and i don’t speak english very wel ghege. but, it’s really nice. like and love, xx
    .-= saskia!´s last blog ..FANCY =-.