Objects, Rooms

Hable Construction at Pottery Barn Kids

May 29, 2008

Did you know that this chair and ottoman can be found at Pottery Barn Kids in these lovely Hable Construction prints? It may be for the nursery (it rocks, literally) but I still love it. Wouldn’t you like to see Pottery Barn expand to include benches, shower curtains, sofas and dining room seating using Hable fabrics?

Hable Construction at Pottery Barn Kids
I have a soft spot for this chair, it looks so cozy! My husband thinks we already have enough seating in our home (I have this thing for chairs you see) and I have no children to justify purchasing it for evening lullabies. I could easily turn my home into a sea of art, pillows, stationery, and chairs so he has a point. So let’s look at the ottoman as a second option. I would like it in sky blue beads for instance. It would look so nice in a living room topped with a white lacquered tray, a few design books and a vase filled with peonies.

(image from pottery barn kids)

8 Comments

• Reply Anonymous May 29, 2008 at 2:23 am

wow, this fabric is all over the place.

• Reply Benita May 29, 2008 at 6:29 am

I looooove that chair too, have torn that page from the catalog and filed it amongst my faves. Too bad I cant get it over here… The bottom green fabric would have been my choice. Or white…

• Reply Pencils May 29, 2008 at 9:57 am

I looked at that chair when I was recently shopping for a rocking chair for my baby, but with the Hable fabric it was way out of my budget at almost $2K. They’re quite comfortable, though. I fell in love with the loveseat style with a yellow dot slipcover at a Pottery Barn outlet, but even at the outlet it was $1500. We ended up with an ecru microfiber Nurseryworks rocker.

• Reply Mischa May 29, 2008 at 1:52 pm

I love Hable, but I had no idea they were pairing up with Pottery Barn. How neat!

• Reply Nathalie May 29, 2008 at 7:09 pm

oh yeah …i looove hable construction !

• Reply Lola May 31, 2008 at 4:19 pm

OMG i totally love the whole pink and green look! check out my blog! http://www.lolasglassslipper.blogspot.com

MWA!

• Reply Susan Broomhead October 22, 2008 at 1:14 pm

Hi- Do you still want the hable Contruction fabric in bead-sky blue like you mentioned in your blog. I know where to get it for $15.00 yard. Maybe in return you could get my site in one of your mags that you have contact with..I am trying to get my site out there more than just my 500 stores I sell to. Let me know and I will get it for you.
    Susan Broomhead-mother of 3 girls in RI

• Reply neodesign December 9, 2009 at 12:39 am

thanks for letting us know where to get this, i think buying different sets of slipcovers is a easy way to change the looking of your sofa/chair
    .-= neodesign´s last blog ..What to Display Behind the Sofa =-.