Glass Cabinets by Lindebjerg Design

Can we talk about glass cabinets for a moment because I found some online that I have to share with you. I have two glass “Vitrines” but I’m thinking to sell one because the glass goes only halfway up with the bottom being solid wood. I’m thinking to swap it out for one with only glass like these from Lindebjerg Design in Denmark. My favorites are below shown in gray and the other is a shorter version in black for mounting to a wall. I would love to have a mountable glass vitrine like that in black (or white) for my kitchen wall, wouldn’t you? It would be gorgeous to display tea cups, tea tins, and spices inside, wouldn’t it?

Lindebjerg Design

Lindebjerg Design

Lindebjerg Design

These would be equally stunning in a bathroom with a clawfoot tub and a black and white tile floor or old wooden floors aged beautifully OR maybe even white or black penny tiles. Isn’t it fun to dream about the perfect bathroom? I could get lost in bathroom design. I want to ultimately own a home so I can make my interior dreams see the light of day but for now, I have to work with what I have in my rental apartment and that usually means buying what can be removed easily upon moving. So, back to cabinets!

Lindebjerg Design

Lindebjerg Design

Lindebjerg Design

Don’t you just love these cabinets though? I know they are very classic but they fit in a range of interiors whether you are into country, retro, modern, farmhouse, boho, or anything really – they are as versatile as jeans or a white t-shirt. I also like that they keep cherished possessions away from little fingers, animal hair, dust and curious vistors who may be tempted to touch what you may not really want them to handle due to expense, delicacy or simply how special they are. Some designers swear that we shouldn’t care about this – that we don’t live in a museum – and while I agree I do think precious and sentimental things need a spot, especially if you don’t want to hide them away – a cabinet in glass works great. If you have objects from Jonathan Adler, West Elm or Target on your shelf, you may not feel a need to overly protect them because they’re meant to be enjoyed and handled since they are not considered rare or precious. My husband collects rare and collectible books, delicate hand-painted boxes and other special one-of-a-kind collectibles from all over the world that date back a few centuries and those go into our glass cabinet from France. It’s nice to have a few corners in our home that feel extra special, why not?

Aren’t these gorgeous? Would you like something like this in your home and if so, what would you display inside?

(images: Lindebjerg Design)

Posted by decor8 in furniture on February 26, 2013

1. Studio Krishka commented
    February 26th, 2013 at 7:47pm

oh, I love them! I love that rustic look, but also a modern vibe that they have. As you sad, I’ve also have no problem imagine them in every space, modern or oldish.
    Studio Krishka´s last blog post ..Barbara’s work

2. janika R commented
    February 26th, 2013 at 7:56pm

I would love to have one in my home.. and I would display crockery or my Kid’s artwork there…
    janika R´s last blog post ..Easy Flower Making…

3. caitlin commented
    February 26th, 2013 at 8:04pm

I would absolutely love these in my home! I have several glass cabinets already that my son uses to store and display a large vintage lightbulb collection. When they’re stored this way it requires less dusting, which is nice for the person doing the dusting in this house, ahem (me).

4. Mary Lawson commented
    February 26th, 2013 at 8:14pm

I love the styling of the last photo. It’s so classy. Black, white, and gray together in a room are a favorite of mine. Those are cute, and versatile. I could also see them repainted in a color that pops. They are very nicely designed.
    Mary Lawson´s last blog post ..Pineberry Notepad by studiopop

5. Valentina commented
    February 26th, 2013 at 8:55pm

Would love to own one of these, they are perfect for displaying things (in my case mostly ceramics) that we love and charish. i particulary like the one that you can mount to a wall so it would be safe enough from my boys little sticky fingers.

6. April Louise commented
    February 26th, 2013 at 10:35pm

These are really nice glass cabinets and they are decent sizes too. But they look quite a nuisance to keep clean.
    April Louise´s last blog post ..Anna Parkina’s Collages

7. Kate commented
    February 27th, 2013 at 1:18am

I love this. I would pick a color palette and collect a select few simple, beautiful things that fit with the palette. Books, jars, etc.
    Kate´s last blog post ..For the 90s

8. Bettina commented
    February 27th, 2013 at 4:02am

If I had the space I would love one of those! I have actually already spotted my favourite one at an antique centre in Sydney. It is an old French armoire with glass doors and it is huge!
    I would display my treasured things, like my stone collection, my stone hearts, feathers, little glass objects and old books.
    Bettina´s last blog post ..10 Fabulous Finds from lifeinstyle

9. tinajo commented
    February 27th, 2013 at 8:39am

Wow, these are truly beautiful – I´d love them all! :-)
    tinajo´s last blog post ..Growing up Emanuel

10. Holly (Love,Thomas) commented
    February 27th, 2013 at 11:48am

Oh, that first one is stunning, and would look gorge in your home, Holly. I vote yes, yes and yes! I would fill the shelves with books (your collection is big enough to spread around), vase or ceramic collections, artworks and meaningful trinkets, just has they have been displayed here.
    Holly (Love,Thomas)´s last blog post ..Friday project: My home office makeover

11. Michelle commented
    February 27th, 2013 at 1:19pm

These are really pretty and so simple. I would use them to display pretty wine glasses and pieces of cristal. Although I agree April Louise – I’d worry about keeping them looking shiny and clean all the time!
    Michelle´s last blog post ..Featured: House Beautiful’s Sites We Love

12. Tracy A. commented
    February 27th, 2013 at 1:28pm

Oh – I love these. I would display all of my seashore treasures!
    Tracy A.´s last blog post ..“I must have flowers, always, and always.” ~ Claude Monet

13. Molly {Dreams in HD} commented
    February 27th, 2013 at 2:23pm

wow, these are so gorgeous! i would love to have one of these in my apartment and fill it with a mix of my antique treasures and favorite books :)
    Molly {Dreams in HD}´s last blog post ..Blackberry Farm

14. Elizabeth McKnight commented
    February 27th, 2013 at 3:01pm

OMG, the statues in the 2nd and 3rd pictures, I have to have!!!! I love them :)

15. Lauren commented
    February 27th, 2013 at 3:23pm

I would fill them with beautiful books or neatly folded stacks of colorful fabric :)
    Lauren´s last blog post ..the best parts of the weekend

16. Kim L. commented
    February 27th, 2013 at 3:57pm

I want all of them! They’re all so gorgeous. I would display my figurines, crystal, and pretty china if I had a cabinet.

17. Ali Stevens commented
    February 27th, 2013 at 4:32pm

Nice pieces, being the geek that I am I would most definitely use the black one to display some of my figurines, it would look fantastic!

18. Brittni commented
    February 27th, 2013 at 5:26pm

These cabinets are gorgeous. And the photos are so amazing.
    Brittni´s last blog post ..Make This: Metallic Egg Art Easter DIY

19. Rebecca @ beautiful square feet commented
    February 28th, 2013 at 12:10am

I love these so much. Think my favourite picture is the one with the white cabinets and the ampersand. I’d have any of them in my house. Anywhere. Funny you should write about glass cabinets, as I just bought this one on eBay http://beautifulsquarefeet.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/bathroom-cabinet-finally.html I wasn’t going to paint it, but your beautiful pictures have got me thinking now!
    Rebecca @ beautiful square feet´s last blog post ..Lovely new curtains in the living room.

20. Ian Ace commented
    March 4th, 2013 at 8:41pm

Simple yet elegant, that’s the best I can describe these cabinets.
    Ian Ace´s last blog post ..Lamps that could turn your room into a dreamlike space

21. anordinarywoman commented
    March 29th, 2013 at 5:17am

Great cabinets that fits in everywhere, no matter style. Dane’s has always had an eye for aesthetic design. Thanks for sharing :)
    anordinarywoman´s last blog post ..Easter inspiration / 259