mocchi mocchi

I spotted these postcards online at mocchimocchi and couldn’t resist posting them, aren’t they beautiful? I have no idea how to purchase these, the website is in Japanese, but I do have their email address if you’re interested in contacting them, sazi[at]mocchimocchi[dot]com.

Lots of elegant strokes… Birds, florals, terrific colors, and I especially love the raw edges and the pale cool tones with sharp black and warm orange.

[June 22 update: Email just arrived from mocchi mocchi in Japan. Check out the comments section below to read it.]

(images from mocchimocchi)

Posted by decor8 in shopping, travel on June 19, 2006

1. Anonymous commented
    June 20th, 2006 at 12:07am

Great find Holly! I emailed them, but please let me know if you find out a way to purchase them.

2. rena commented
    June 20th, 2006 at 5:43am

my neighbor store, Nest, carries them :) see nestbrand.com

3. decor8 commented
    June 21st, 2006 at 2:20am

thanks rena!! if i get any more info, i’ll let everyone know!

holly

4. Lindsey commented
    June 21st, 2006 at 2:48am

I was going to post about how you can buy them at Nest, an amazing store in Park Slope, Brooklyn, but I see I was beaten to it!

I have bought half a dozen different designs over the last year (for $7 each). I bought some light wood ikea frames (8″x11″-ish) and some white mats (the prints are 4″x6″) and hung them as a set on my bedroom wall. People always ask about them, and I think they look great – like original art, at a fraction of the price.

5. decor8 commented
    June 22nd, 2006 at 4:43am

An email came in tonight from mocchi mocchi:

Hello,Holly

Nice to meet you it is Sachiko Mochizuki who is acting as mocchi
    mocchi. Your Decor8 blog was seen, and mail from the customer of wanting the
    postcard came. Thank you for introducing it. A lot of wonderful works are published in your Blog.

Our card is sold in the shop named NEST in Brooklyn in New York in the
    United States now. It wants to enjoy our work and to get it, to act on the customer from
    foreign countries.

In an introductory thing, meeting the customer thinks that I am glad
    the thing that is. Thank you.

Then, it will ask suitably in the future.

Sachiko Mochizuki