Bodo Sperlein

When I was in Germany last year, I discovered Bodo Sperlein and blogged about them here. Smitten by their work, I was encouraged by an email I received today from Maguelone, a blogger in France, to check out their latest collections. Thanks, Maguelone! I instantly fell for this porcelain ring, designed by Bodo Sperlein for Lladro. Isn’t it absolute perfection? I love seeing something so fresh like this, I’d never seen anything quite like it before. And the lighting. Porcelain delicately formed into gorgeous blooms and placed on glass…. One word. Wow.

(images from bodo sperlein)

Posted by decor8 in ceramics, lighting on March 20, 2007

1. becky commented
    March 20th, 2007 at 8:27pm

Lladro has blown my mind this year! I used to put them about a half a step above Hummel and Precious Moments figures, but they’ve transformed themselves in a way as large as Swarovski crystals did a few years back.

2. SweetJen commented
    March 21st, 2007 at 2:37am

Those are just…beautiful, beautiful. Just looking at them makes me feel peaceful, oddly enough. Great finds!

3. Kate commented
    March 22nd, 2007 at 5:44pm

absolutely beautiful!

4. Lynn commented
    March 25th, 2007 at 9:47am

how much does that lamp with the butterflies cost? Its so beautiful. (I can’t find the price on the website). Thanks for posting such wonderful finds!

5. decor8 commented
    March 25th, 2007 at 3:44pm

Lynn – The light shown top right is called the Droplet and it is 1,000-Euros.

The light shown bottom left is the Capsule de Fleur and it’s 500- Euros.

Holly

6. Karen G commented
    March 29th, 2007 at 9:31pm

Hi!

I work for Lladro and am the Consumer Relations supervisor. If anyone is interested in more information on these products, please contact me at 1-800-634-9088
    Extension 477.