PANTONE Fashion Color Report ’07

Do you like to keep up with current color trends? Visit PANTONE to download their color reports for fall fashion ’07. It’s an exciting preview of the colors we’re likely to see hit stores in the months ahead. Let’s see how many of them spill over into interiors… Here’s what the big guns are predicting next season, ?Complex and exotic describe the intriguingly unusual and inviting color palette for fall ?07. The traditional neutral shades expected for autumn have been replaced this season with rich, nuanced hues, offering more opportunity for creativity with interesting and unexpected color combinations.”

“Spicy Chili Pepper and exotic Lemon Curry stimulate the taste buds, entice the senses and enliven any wardrobe.”

“Purple Wine, the ultimate expression of creativity, marries purple and wine, broadening the appeal of purple for fashion. The violet undertones of Dusk give gray a whole new dimension, making this fall?s neutral much more desirable.”

“Carafe, a deep, espresso brown, adds contrast to the palette, providing a rich alternative to the usual black or charcoal. Sumptuous Cashmere Rose is not only the perfect complement to any of fall?s colors, but also flatters any complexion.”

“Many seasons have paid homage to nature, and fall ?07 is no exception. Shale Green takes the shade in a murky, blue/gray direction, while foliage-inspired Green Moss goes to the yellow side.”

“Earthy Burnt Ochre is this autumn?s orange and sophisticated Stargazer continues the trend of turquoise, but with a deeper intensity.?

(images from pantone)

Posted by decor8 in Color Inspiration on July 06, 2007

1. Gypsy Purple commented
    July 6th, 2007 at 4:31pm

I just loved this post!!!!!

2. mj commented
    July 6th, 2007 at 4:34pm

the color i just painted in my living room is an awful lot like that stargazer. hopefully that means i’m ahead of the time and it will look current longer!

3. Andy Mathis commented
    July 6th, 2007 at 5:43pm

Hi Holly-
    Is it true that colors seen in fashion one year are the trend colors in home interiors the next?

4. decor8 commented
    July 6th, 2007 at 5:57pm

Andy, that’s what they say! But since these colors are laid out well in advance nowadays, it’s hard to predict. When I was shopping for clothes in Germany last autumn ’06, every single color shown in this palette was already in stores over there. I have about 10 items hanging in my closet to prove it. Especially the greens, pinks, and violets. With ethnic prints and patterns being so huge right now, I see them going into the fall in deeper tones (now it’s soft blues, hot pinks, lime, lemon but for fall, we could see them toned down to deeper hues). I think it’s really fun to watch and see…

But no matter how you call it, plum is always a fall color, and so is ochre and brown, so you can count on seeing these colors in interiors next season.

5. Angelia commented
    July 6th, 2007 at 7:01pm

When I was painting silk for fashion designers years ago, we were always using European Magazines (much harder to find back then, here in VA)for sources, because the designers there were usually about a year ahead of US designers.
    A

6. designdesign commented
    July 6th, 2007 at 8:10pm

trends are fun to watch, but when it comes to your own personal style in fashion and in decor, what really matters is what works for you.

7. Sarah Jayne commented
    July 7th, 2007 at 2:07pm

Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy looking at your blog – it’s really inspirational. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and finds.

8. sandman_gr commented
    July 9th, 2007 at 10:05am

Love these! As a former fashion designer, these sketches make me nostalgic! I must sketch some soon!!!
    That green moss one (the lighter shade) will be my living room wall color – combined with an orange wall and olive green & orange accents in accessories. The Stargazer in a brighter shade will be my bathroom wall color!

9. Kelly commented
    July 10th, 2007 at 8:39pm

oh – this is so fun! that dusk color as a neutral is inspiring . . .

10. Madison commented
    July 18th, 2007 at 4:00pm

Thank you for the wonderful pics and now I’m going to have to redo my bedroom!!! Love it! Some of this so simple, but I would never have thought of them had it not been for this blog!

Madison