Designers + Stylists

Meet Anne Wendlandt of Enna {Hannover}

October 16, 2007

Ready to be totally inspired? I recently mentioned Anne Wendlandt, also known as Enna, promising that if she allowed me to take photos of her new shop here in Hannover that I would share them with you. Well, I met the lovely Anne today and spent time with her visiting her shop/work studio and I walked away with a skip in my step because I felt so inspired by this young, talented artist.

Meet Anne Wendlandt of Enna {Hannover}This wall was painted by Anne to look like wallpaper, don’t you love it?
She used regular flat latex paint in her favorite colors and created a stencil by hand that she applied to the wall to repeat the pattern. Clever!

Meet Anne Wendlandt of Enna {Hannover}Meet Anne Wendlandt of Enna.

Meet Anne Wendlandt of Enna {Hannover} Her storefront, complete with a logo designed and made by Anne.

Anne is so nice and open, very easy to talk to and so excited about being a part of a design blog as she is just starting to explore the whole world of blogging and selling online so I’m just as thrilled to talk about her work here on decor8.

She has an etsy store, a DaWanda shop, and a store on her website. In addition to all of this, she creates many things by hand, she’s a talented illustrator, and a graphic designer along with a shop owner, so Anne is a busy lady. I’m so excited to share her store with you because there are so many little details and pretty things to tell you about. Would you like to know more? Okay, here’s a little tour.

Meet Anne Wendlandt of Enna {Hannover}Meet Anne Wendlandt of Enna {Hannover} She won this great “e” light on eBay Germany, isn’t it the best? Now I want one! I thought it was the cutest thing ever.

Meet Anne Wendlandt of Enna {Hannover} Here are some of her fabrics and the handmade rubber stamps she uses for her designs. She told me how to make handmade stamps, so I’m quite excited to give it a try. I may ask her if I can take a class with her, I’d love to learn a few things from her to apply as a hobby, there’s so many fun things to do to personalize your space.

Meet Anne Wendlandt of Enna {Hannover}Meet Anne Wendlandt of Enna {Hannover} She has a tree in the middle of her space, with her name carved into it. I thought this was a charming detail that I had to share with you.

Meet Anne Wendlandt of Enna {Hannover} A pillow designed by Miss Enna.

Meet Anne Wendlandt of Enna {Hannover}Meet Anne Wendlandt of Enna {Hannover}
What does Anne design? I guess a better question is, what doesn’t this girl do? :) She does so much. She crafts earrings out of polymer clay that she then hand paints, she designs postcards, pillows, shirts, hoodies, and onesies for baby, plates, iron-on patches, wrapping paper, softies, marketing materials for her business, her website, the signage on the window of her shop, the list goes on and on. She is inspired by so much, she certainly doesn’t want to limit herself to just one thing.

Meet Anne Wendlandt of Enna {Hannover}Meet Anne Wendlandt of Enna {Hannover} These are plates that she found at a second hand store, and after cleaning them up, she applied her illustrations to them and displays them as art in her shop. I asked if she’d consider selling them to me, so I’m awaiting her decision because she’d not been asked before. I encouraged her to consider creating more and selling them in her shop and online, I really think people would like to own these.

Meet Anne Wendlandt of Enna {Hannover}Meet Anne Wendlandt of Enna {Hannover}Meet Anne Wendlandt of Enna {Hannover}Meet Anne Wendlandt of Enna {Hannover}
She also sells items from etsy sellers that she loves and Japanese products, so this shop has lots of pretty things to look at and purchase. She’s expecting an order of goodies from Japan any day now, so I will have to return to Enna to see her new stock once it arrives, of course! Who can resist Japanese zakka cuteness?

Meet Anne Wendlandt of Enna {Hannover}Meet Anne Wendlandt of Enna {Hannover}
This is her new wrapping paper, don’t you love the pattern? This folksy style is really big right now, especially these Russian dolls called matryoshkas. They’ve been in all the magazines for the past 6 months, you can’t help but notice a trend here. Between Asian prints, African patterns, and folk-inspired patterns from Russia and Poland, there’s something for everyone this season. Oh, by the way, you can buy this wrapping paper from her for only $4 on etsy if you’d like. I grabbed a sheet today, I want to line my desk drawer with it. Here’s some of my loot from today…

Meet Anne Wendlandt of Enna {Hannover}
I hope you enjoyed this little shop tour today. For the locals, Enna is located in Hannover Linden at Deisterstra?e 68 and I really encourage you to see it in person.

(images by holly + thorsten becker for decor8)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Joyce October 16, 2007 at 6:37 pm

Holly — Your beautifully curated guides to Stockholm and Hannover have been linked here in the U.S. to an outbreak of wanderlust and uncontrolled luggage buying! I anxiously await your next delectable find! Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Anna at D16 October 16, 2007 at 6:50 pm

So fresh and lovely!

• Reply *******chocolatecanary********* October 16, 2007 at 7:21 pm

Just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate what you do and hope you are having a wonderful time. I have linked you on my blog, I hope you don’t mind…you are soooo fantastic! When I grow up I hope to be just like you!!!

• Reply Melissa October 16, 2007 at 8:52 pm

Thank you so much for all your wonderful posts on Stockholm, I am already scheming to get there myself someday soon! I completely agree with you about Anne and her work and I love her plates. I am going to get in touch with her and see if she would consider making some for my upcoming shop, they are so wonderful. Thank you for sharing all of this with us, it is so much fun to share the journey.

• Reply decor8 October 16, 2007 at 9:03 pm

oh melissa that is great, yes you have to talk to anne about your idea to add them to your shop as i think it would be so special to have someone carry them – they are lovely. i can totally see these fitting in so many environments, they have such a great vibe about them!

here is here email:
    enna [at] enna-online [dot] com

• Reply Steph October 16, 2007 at 9:15 pm

So beautiful! And I love etsy!

• Reply Anonymous October 16, 2007 at 10:34 pm

I would love to buy one of those plates!

• Reply Emma ::emmas designblogg:: October 16, 2007 at 10:37 pm

Wow, this store is so great! I’m so impressed with her fabulous style! Wish we had a space like this for our store…

• Reply Another Shade of Grey October 16, 2007 at 10:47 pm

Some great posts here Holly. Wow!

• Reply Friederike! October 17, 2007 at 5:39 am

dreaming of my own tiny shop, this post was a real inspiration. Thank you!

• Reply Lobster and swan October 17, 2007 at 6:22 am

beautiful shop, and I just love those plates!

• Reply Nathalie October 17, 2007 at 8:26 am

this shop is amazing, i love the painted trees on the wall,just makes me want to fly over just to visit the store, thanks for sharing !

• Reply Nathalie October 17, 2007 at 9:10 am

oh i just bought the wrapping paper! .. woo hoo .. it looks so cute ! i couldn’t resist, thank again Holly.

• Reply drey October 17, 2007 at 11:21 am

nice wrapping paper, makes great artwork for a little girl’s room :))

• Reply Kate October 17, 2007 at 12:20 pm

I love all the little details of this shop – the stenciled trees and the tree carved with an “emma” especially.

• Reply Uncle Beefy October 17, 2007 at 3:17 pm

Wow Holly! That is a seriously long post…and so sad when I came to the end! Honestly, I don’t know which I feel more inspired or lazy when I see all that Anne has done! I guess I can always cheer m’self up with a lil’ shopping, huh? Such great stuff you introduce to us all!

• Reply pbphoenix October 17, 2007 at 7:00 pm

I need a “p” light! Have you looked for your “h”, Holly? I couldn’t find anything on eBay.

• Reply lush October 19, 2007 at 1:59 pm

thanks for this little shop tour holly. love everything really, including the tree with her name carved on it…such a sweet touch, and the pillow with the log embroidered on it, and the “e” light (very cool!). oh and the wrapping paper too!

• Reply TokyoBunnie October 19, 2007 at 11:00 pm

WOW! Enna just ordered wall decals and coin purses from us, and there they are!! How exciting to get to see them in such an adorable shop. Thank you thank you thank you for taking all those great photos!!!!

• Reply selflesh | s. Rankin October 24, 2007 at 2:07 pm

I think you are right about the plates!
    They are so sweet.