Designers + Stylists

Molly Sims SoHo Loft and Fuse ID

October 16, 2007

Kishani Perera and I have exchanged quite a few emails lately and I’m so excited to share her work now with all of you. This is her latest project, a loft for Molly Sims in New York City. Impressive!

Molly Sims SoHo Loft and Fuse IDAs lead designer of Fuse ID, a Beverly Hills based interior design firm, Kishani has worked with celebrities like Ben Stiller, Molly Sims, Kate Bosworth, and many others.

Molly Sims SoHo Loft and Fuse ID Molly Sims

She recently completed a project in NYC featured on the Fall/Winter ’07 cover of InStyle Home, the SoHo loft of American actress/model Molly Sims that was shopped completely via Parisian flea markets and eBay! I’m so happy that Kishani sent over before and after photos of this project, so sit back and check it out.

Molly Sims SoHo Loft and Fuse ID Before

Molly Sims SoHo Loft and Fuse ID After

Molly Sims SoHo Loft and Fuse ID Before

Molly Sims SoHo Loft and Fuse ID After

Molly Sims SoHo Loft and Fuse ID Before

Molly Sims SoHo Loft and Fuse IDAfter

Molly Sims SoHo Loft and Fuse ID More views…

If you have any questions for her, please comment at the bottom of this post and I’m sure she’ll follow up.

(images provides by fuse-id.)

You Might Also Like

• Reply julieann October 15, 2007 at 8:25 pm

thanks for the inside scoop, I read this over the weekend and love Kishani’s design! I am completely in love with Matthew Heller’s artwork and went directly to his website! Great work!

• Reply JHAYNE October 15, 2007 at 8:44 pm

simply beautiful work, kishani! i’d love to know more about the art in the last image (also love the soft grey couch and striped chairs. . .this one’s definitely going in my inspiration files!)

• Reply priya October 15, 2007 at 9:17 pm

Oh my gosh. I am so in love. I am in the process of doing my bedroom in grey and pink. Such great inspiration!

Kishani, you’re awesome!

• Reply Bueller October 15, 2007 at 9:21 pm

Great photos. I love all the greys and the sophisticated glamor. Just amazing! Thank you so much for sharing.

• Reply kishani October 16, 2007 at 1:28 am

hi guys! thanks for the compliments!! so glad you like the photos! jhayne, in response to your inquiry, the artist who did the piece of art above the sofa is matthew heller, he’s pretty amazing, and one of my, (and molly’s), favorites for sure! his site is

• Reply gigi October 16, 2007 at 3:33 am

every room is stunning, rich and warm — absolutely gorgeous.

• Reply designgirl October 16, 2007 at 3:45 am

nothing shows transformation like before and afters….these are gorgeous – she did a great job!

• Reply Lobster and swan October 16, 2007 at 7:41 am

• Reply homedaisy October 16, 2007 at 12:27 pm

are the chandeliers antiques? where can we get such beautiful lighting? everything is perfect. i am jealous in love. :)

• Reply Spoon&Tamago October 16, 2007 at 2:56 pm

wow, these designs are fantastic on so many levels! shopping on e-bay huh? What a neat idea.

I especially love the cover shot. Those chairs with the oval back are amazing. Any information on them would be greatly appreciated!

• Reply michelle October 16, 2007 at 3:21 pm

Wow, I LOVE that there are before and after shots, that helps so much to see what amazing progress was made, but also, how beautiful it is.

• Reply Anonymous October 16, 2007 at 3:38 pm

I loved! At the last picture, this is a lyric from some song on the wall?

• Reply decor8 October 16, 2007 at 4:07 pm

Yes Anon, it’s “Heaven” by Bryan Adams, a song I loved so I knew it the second I saw it and thought it was interesting that Molly Sims selected that and now I’m wondering why… But we’re the same age, so I’m guessing it touched her or brings her back to a certain time period as it does to me in the skating rink chasing all the boys. :)

• Reply kishani October 16, 2007 at 7:44 pm

hi again!

to answer a few questions, homedaisy, yes all the chandeliers are antique, we found them at the parisian flea markets and had them shipped to ny, totally worth it! i found a smaller scaled, similar chandelier to the one in the blue room here-

spoon&tamago, the round back chairs we also parisian flea market finds, (we had a blast there!!) but i found similar ones at brocade home

• Reply LallaLydia October 17, 2007 at 4:38 am

I love it! What a difference…it’s comfortable yet still chic; I think that’s due to the mostly metallics palette. I especially dig the large mirror in the dining room.

• Reply Anonymous October 17, 2007 at 9:04 am

Everything looks exquisite… wow ! :)

I’ve got a buyer’s guide question: where does the grey velvet sofa come from??? It looks gorgeous and I’ve been to every furniture (or almost:) in Paris but nothing comes even close !! This is a mayday call :)

• Reply Anonymous October 17, 2007 at 1:42 pm

First of all, this is one of the most gorgeous homes I have ever seen!All of Molly’s homes have always looked amazing!Where did the fabric for the grey sofa come from?

• Reply Anonymous October 18, 2007 at 4:26 am

I Love the Lyric artwork, where can I get it?

• Reply kishani October 18, 2007 at 6:57 am

hiya! so the grey velvet sofa was in fact purchased from the paris flea market, but when we bought it, it was upholstered in a shiny, gross, green leather! i had it reupholstered in a lee jofa velvet called spectrum velvet, colorway taupe.

• Reply gilda November 14, 2007 at 8:59 am

i just moved to new york and have been scouring everywhere for furniture too. i don’t have a celebrity account, obviously, so it’s hard to look for something i can afford. that apartment is soooo gorgeous!!! i love it.

• Reply donnab March 28, 2014 at 2:20 am

I love the ‘Heaven’ board – although the first time I saw it in a magazine article I thought it said Molly Sims found it at a flea market in Paris and it was a headboard for a bed.
    either way I’d love to have one. where can I find this to?