Molly Sims SoHo Loft and Fuse ID

Kishani Perera and I have exchanged quite a few emails lately and I’m so excited to share her work now with all of you. This is her latest project, a loft for Molly Sims in New York City. Impressive!

As lead designer of Fuse ID, a Beverly Hills based interior design firm, Kishani has worked with celebrities like Ben Stiller, Molly Sims, Kate Bosworth, and many others.

Molly Sims

She recently completed a project in NYC featured on the Fall/Winter ’07 cover of InStyle Home, the SoHo loft of American actress/model Molly Sims that was shopped completely via Parisian flea markets and eBay! I’m so happy that Kishani sent over before and after photos of this project, so sit back and check it out.

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

More views…

If you have any questions for her, please comment at the bottom of this post and I’m sure she’ll follow up.

(images provides by fuse-id.)

Posted by decor8 in designers on October 16, 2007

1. julieann commented
    October 15th, 2007 at 8:25pm

Holly
    thanks for the inside scoop, I read this over the weekend and love Kishani’s design! I am completely in love with Matthew Heller’s artwork and went directly to his website! Great work!
    Julieann

2. JHAYNE commented
    October 15th, 2007 at 8:44pm

simply beautiful work, kishani! i’d love to know more about the art in the last image (also love the soft grey couch and striped chairs. . .this one’s definitely going in my inspiration files!)

3. priya commented
    October 15th, 2007 at 9:17pm

Oh my gosh. I am so in love. I am in the process of doing my bedroom in grey and pink. Such great inspiration!

Kishani, you’re awesome!

4. Bueller commented
    October 15th, 2007 at 9:21pm

Great photos. I love all the greys and the sophisticated glamor. Just amazing! Thank you so much for sharing.

5. kishani commented
    October 16th, 2007 at 1:28am

hi guys! thanks for the compliments!! so glad you like the photos! jhayne, in response to your inquiry, the artist who did the piece of art above the sofa is matthew heller, he’s pretty amazing, and one of my, (and molly’s), favorites for sure! his site is http://matthewheller.com

6. gigi commented
    October 16th, 2007 at 3:33am

every room is stunning, rich and warm — absolutely gorgeous.

7. designgirl commented
    October 16th, 2007 at 3:45am

nothing shows transformation like before and afters….these are gorgeous – she did a great job!

8. Lobster and swan commented
    October 16th, 2007 at 7:41am

amazing!

9. homedaisy commented
    October 16th, 2007 at 12:27pm

are the chandeliers antiques? where can we get such beautiful lighting? everything is perfect. i am jealous in love. :)

10. Spoon&Tamago commented
    October 16th, 2007 at 2:56pm

wow, these designs are fantastic on so many levels! shopping on e-bay huh? What a neat idea.

I especially love the cover shot. Those chairs with the oval back are amazing. Any information on them would be greatly appreciated!

11. michelle commented
    October 16th, 2007 at 3:21pm

Wow, I LOVE that there are before and after shots, that helps so much to see what amazing progress was made, but also, how beautiful it is.

12. Anonymous commented
    October 16th, 2007 at 3:38pm

I loved! At the last picture, this is a lyric from some song on the wall?

13. decor8 commented
    October 16th, 2007 at 4:07pm

Yes Anon, it’s “Heaven” by Bryan Adams, a song I loved so I knew it the second I saw it and thought it was interesting that Molly Sims selected that and now I’m wondering why… But we’re the same age, so I’m guessing it touched her or brings her back to a certain time period as it does to me in the skating rink chasing all the boys. :)

14. kishani commented
    October 16th, 2007 at 7:44pm

hi again!

to answer a few questions, homedaisy, yes all the chandeliers are antique, we found them at the parisian flea markets and had them shipped to ny, totally worth it! i found a smaller scaled, similar chandelier to the one in the blue room here-

spoon&tamago, the round back chairs we also parisian flea market finds, (we had a blast there!!) but i found similar ones at brocade home

15. LallaLydia commented
    October 17th, 2007 at 4:38am

I love it! What a difference…it’s comfortable yet still chic; I think that’s due to the mostly metallics palette. I especially dig the large mirror in the dining room.

16. Anonymous commented
    October 17th, 2007 at 9:04am

Everything looks exquisite… wow ! :)

I’ve got a buyer’s guide question: where does the grey velvet sofa come from??? It looks gorgeous and I’ve been to every furniture (or almost:) in Paris but nothing comes even close !! This is a mayday call :)

thanks
    El?sabet

17. Anonymous commented
    October 17th, 2007 at 1:42pm

First of all, this is one of the most gorgeous homes I have ever seen!All of Molly’s homes have always looked amazing!Where did the fabric for the grey sofa come from?

18. Anonymous commented
    October 18th, 2007 at 4:26am

I Love the Lyric artwork, where can I get it?

19. kishani commented
    October 18th, 2007 at 6:57am

hiya! so the grey velvet sofa was in fact purchased from the paris flea market, but when we bought it, it was upholstered in a shiny, gross, green leather! i had it reupholstered in a lee jofa velvet called spectrum velvet, colorway taupe.

20. gilda commented
    November 14th, 2007 at 8:59am

i just moved to new york and have been scouring everywhere for furniture too. i don’t have a celebrity account, obviously, so it’s hard to look for something i can afford. that apartment is soooo gorgeous!!! i love it.

21. donnab commented
    March 28th, 2014 at 2:20am

I love the ‘Heaven’ board – although the first time I saw it in a magazine article I thought it said Molly Sims found it at a flea market in Paris and it was a headboard for a bed.
    either way I’d love to have one. where can I find this to?