Etsy Faves

Etsy: Take Five Tuesdays

November 20, 2007

I thought it would be fun to write a new column each week called Etsy: Take Five Tuesdays to show you some of the etsy stores that I enjoy that haven’t received much blog attention yet. Since adding my Etsy ticker to the left column several months ago (I change my finds daily, even on weekends), I’ve been a little lazy when it comes to writing actual posts featuring Etsy artists. These talented artists enjoy seeing their products featured on blogs even more than a quick spot on a ticker, so starting today I’ll post Etsy: Take Five Tuesdays showcasing my 5 finds of the week in addition to the little ticker. :)

Etsy: Take Five TuesdaysPlonka by Dalinda from Norway, who is also a blogger. I have to order a few of her CD holders, much better than jewel cases and great for the random CDs laying on my desk that I refer to often for work. The fabrics she uses and the color palette is so very feminine – a nice change from the usual CD cases offered in music stores – red vinyl and black leather. Ugh. These would make great gifts.

Etsy: Take Five TuesdaysFlower Shop Press is from Australia and this etsy store owner creates pretty floral prints (and shoes!) in modern colors and my favorite, the white on gray pattern shown above, it’s really unexpected since most prints are on white or cream paper these days. I like this a lot.

Etsy: Take Five Tuesdays Wonting. One word: Darling. I’m wanting more. :) This etsy store owner even designed a Dunny figure for Kid Robot. If they’re good enough for Dunny, they’re good enough for me.

Etsy: Take Five TuesdaysTabitha Emma is another Aussie with sweet and innocent fashion illustrations celebrating the art of looking good while taking your afternoon tea. My favorite is I do like Tea.

Etsy: Take Five TuesdaysIn My Back Yard is a girl from New Zealand and she loves to create patches, pretty fleece things (like pins) and even a print or two. There’s nothing like shopping for one-of-a-kind handmade items at these prices!

(images from individual sellers listed above.)

8 Comments

• Reply Ghazala November 20, 2007 at 7:40 pm

i’m always so overwhelmed by the sheer number of great finds on etsy, so this is perfect for distinguishing a few…thank you!

• Reply Rachel November 20, 2007 at 7:46 pm

Great idea, Holly-etsy has so many great finds, but like the previous commenter says, it can be really overwhelming. Quite an ambitious task…you’ve got your work cut out for you!

• Reply Lobster and swan November 20, 2007 at 10:23 pm

you are so good at finding the best etsy stores!

• Reply Olga November 20, 2007 at 11:48 pm

Beautiful delicate prints and patterns. I love things from Etsy. There are amazing artists and designers there. Thanks for posting this stuff.

• Reply Heather November 21, 2007 at 12:32 am

I literally just found your blog today (and have no idea how, lol) but I love it. And LOVE the fact that you’re going to feature Etsy artists! I go on Etsy and there’s just so much stuff, it’s hard to look through all of the wonderful goodies on there. I love that you’re going to feature some here, so it’s just a quick mouse click to visit these ladies’ shops!

• Reply Lisa November 21, 2007 at 2:11 am

Love that you are going to share your etsy finds each week. I feel like I’ve been missing out on finding great etsy products because there is just so much to look through. Love your style and I’m sure I’ll love the artists you feature.

• Reply Delphine R2M November 21, 2007 at 12:57 pm

Really nice, do you know the french designer Zigouis? perhaps you should have a look here:

• Reply Anonymous November 27, 2007 at 11:51 am

C’est superbe !!! je vous mets dans mes liens !