Decorator Shannon Fricke

Shannon Fricke wrote to me about her beautiful blog and as I scrolled down the page I found myself seeing many new things, then realizing why – Shannon is lives and works in Australia. Shannon is a decorator and I fully embrace her design philosophy, “I believe that the way you decorate your home can influence the way that you feel about your life and so I love to inspire people to create a home that suits their individuality”. Right on, Shannon!

I cannot figure out if these are windows to another room or mirrors.Then I thought if they are mirrors then this look is easy to duplicate with full length mirrors sold at any big box store. I don’t think I would have thought to arrange so many together on a single wall like this…

In addition to her blog, she has a lovely website containing a plethora of images that surely will inspire you this morning. Seems she makes regular television appearances, conducts decorating workshops, and has a series of books (that I want just when I thought I was all set with book purchases for the next few months). Here are some images from her blog so you are able to get a sense of the style Shannon gravitates towards, much like that of my own – laid back, natural meets bohemian with lots of natural elements in the mix. There is a cottage meets the sea feel with a dash of urban through in to make things feel a bit edgy.

Kids art offers an affordable (and cherished!) option for adorning the walls. A cute, perfectly placed, pastel yellow bike never hurts along with polished cement floors!

I’m so attracted to the look of a tiled back splash. Subway tiles, hand painted ethnic patterns from faraway lands, it’s all good.

Note: I don’t believe that these are rooms that Shannon has styled or anything but are sources of her own inspiration taken from various places that I found on her blog.

Thank you Shannon for sharing a glimpse of your world, I’ll be turning into your blog regularly now that is for sure!

(images from the blog of shannon fricke)

Posted by decor8 in blogs, designers on July 31, 2008

1. Linda from ::Surroundings:: commented
    July 31st, 2008 at 11:16am

The bedding is really fantastic. I think it must be windows in that room. If it were mirrors, wouldn’t the pendant light hanging in front be seen in the reflection?

Linda from ::Surroundings::s last blog post: The Uphostery Blog: Craftsman’s Eye

2. Tonic Home commented
    July 31st, 2008 at 11:30am

Really love that tiled backsplash!

3. Wendy commented
    July 31st, 2008 at 11:53am

I think they are mirrors based on the beams in the ceiling in the room vrs the way they are represented in what I think are mirrors. I did look at the pendant light and I am going to go with the idea that it just happens to fit perfectly with its won reflection in the mirror.

Holly you should ask Shannon if she knows.

4. shoppingsmycardio commented
    July 31st, 2008 at 12:23pm

holly, thank you so much for introducing us to such a fantastic designer – her taste is so closely aligned with my own, i’m sure she’ll become a new source of inspiration!

shoppingsmycardios last blog post: asked and answered: cool fanny packs?

5. le meli melo de val commented
    July 31st, 2008 at 1:22pm

Hello, It seems to me that there are windows, it seems to be an old factory / industrial building, you can have a look at more photographs on

le meli melo de vals last blog post: Trees blossoms- set of 5 photos

6. Linda from ::Surroundings:: commented
    July 31st, 2008 at 5:30pm

Great find le meli melo! Also, interesting that the image is reversed.

7. Julie commented
    August 1st, 2008 at 8:00am

Wow – that red floor is gutsy …and gorgeous!!

8. kit homes commented
    August 2nd, 2008 at 11:03am

Amazing pictures. Seems that the designer is quite inspired by life.

9. Therese commented
    August 3rd, 2008 at 6:12am

I remember seeing that wall with heart-cards in an issue of Living Etc. some time (years?) ago, and I think the story was that the couple living in the house got their friends to draw a card each at their wedding. Or if their friends surprised them by having drawn all these cards before the wedding. One way or the other – seems like a good idea, to have your friends each draw / paint a small piece of art on same-size canvases / pieces of cardboard, within the same theme and / or colour scheme!

10. Vivahomedecor commented
    August 28th, 2013 at 8:26am

I will take some clue from your blog from my new home decor. Quite impressive.

Trackbacks and Pingbacks

1. decor8 » Blog Archive » Get Real: Are Celeb Designers Sharing Enough?
  2. soonly «