Designers + Stylists

Decorator Shannon Fricke

July 31, 2008

Shannon Fricke wrote to me about her beautiful blog and as I scrolled down the page I found myself seeing many new things, then realizing why – Shannon is lives and works in Australia. Shannon is a decorator and I fully embrace her design philosophy, “I believe that the way you decorate your home can influence the way that you feel about your life and so I love to inspire people to create a home that suits their individuality”. Right on, Shannon!

Decorator Shannon FrickeI cannot figure out if these are windows to another room or mirrors.Then I thought if they are mirrors then this look is easy to duplicate with full length mirrors sold at any big box store. I don’t think I would have thought to arrange so many together on a single wall like this…

In addition to her blog, she has a lovely website containing a plethora of images that surely will inspire you this morning. Seems she makes regular television appearances, conducts decorating workshops, and has a series of books (that I want just when I thought I was all set with book purchases for the next few months). Here are some images from her blog so you are able to get a sense of the style Shannon gravitates towards, much like that of my own – laid back, natural meets bohemian with lots of natural elements in the mix. There is a cottage meets the sea feel with a dash of urban through in to make things feel a bit edgy.

Decorator Shannon Fricke Kids art offers an affordable (and cherished!) option for adorning the walls. A cute, perfectly placed, pastel yellow bike never hurts along with polished cement floors!

Decorator Shannon Fricke I’m so attracted to the look of a tiled back splash. Subway tiles, hand painted ethnic patterns from faraway lands, it’s all good.

Decorator Shannon Fricke

Note: I don’t believe that these are rooms that Shannon has styled or anything but are sources of her own inspiration taken from various places that I found on her blog.

Thank you Shannon for sharing a glimpse of your world, I’ll be turning into your blog regularly now that is for sure!

(images from the blog of shannon fricke)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Linda from ::Surroundings:: July 31, 2008 at 11:16 am

The bedding is really fantastic. I think it must be windows in that room. If it were mirrors, wouldn’t the pendant light hanging in front be seen in the reflection?

Linda from ::Surroundings::s last blog post: The Uphostery Blog: Craftsman’s Eye

• Reply Tonic Home July 31, 2008 at 11:30 am

Really love that tiled backsplash!

• Reply Wendy July 31, 2008 at 11:53 am

I think they are mirrors based on the beams in the ceiling in the room vrs the way they are represented in what I think are mirrors. I did look at the pendant light and I am going to go with the idea that it just happens to fit perfectly with its won reflection in the mirror.

Holly you should ask Shannon if she knows.

• Reply shoppingsmycardio July 31, 2008 at 12:23 pm

holly, thank you so much for introducing us to such a fantastic designer – her taste is so closely aligned with my own, i’m sure she’ll become a new source of inspiration!

shoppingsmycardios last blog post: asked and answered: cool fanny packs?

• Reply le meli melo de val July 31, 2008 at 1:22 pm

Hello, It seems to me that there are windows, it seems to be an old factory / industrial building, you can have a look at more photographs on

le meli melo de vals last blog post: Trees blossoms- set of 5 photos

• Reply Linda from ::Surroundings:: July 31, 2008 at 5:30 pm

Great find le meli melo! Also, interesting that the image is reversed.

• Reply Julie August 1, 2008 at 8:00 am

Wow – that red floor is gutsy …and gorgeous!!

• Reply kit homes August 2, 2008 at 11:03 am

Amazing pictures. Seems that the designer is quite inspired by life.

• Reply Therese August 3, 2008 at 6:12 am

I remember seeing that wall with heart-cards in an issue of Living Etc. some time (years?) ago, and I think the story was that the couple living in the house got their friends to draw a card each at their wedding. Or if their friends surprised them by having drawn all these cards before the wedding. One way or the other – seems like a good idea, to have your friends each draw / paint a small piece of art on same-size canvases / pieces of cardboard, within the same theme and / or colour scheme!

• Reply Vivahomedecor August 28, 2013 at 8:26 am

I will take some clue from your blog from my new home decor. Quite impressive.