The Home of Talented Emma Cassi

My friend Kat just wrote in to suggest that I feature French stylist and jewelery designer Emma Cassi. I’d not heard of her before but the interior of her home blew me away this morning. I’m smitten. The casual elegance, the soft color palette, all of the texture and natural light… Thanks Kat!

This really inspires me because I am about to embark on furnishing a one-bedroom apartment from scratch and though I have plans laid out, seeing interiors such as Emma’s goes a long way right now since I’m eager to get started on my own place.

With so many of the same elements already in place that I hope to put into my own home, Emma’s space gives me a huge dose of enthusiasm and hopefully the same will be for you as well. What a glorious space, Emma — You possess a style that clearly extends beyond what is considered mainstream decorating and I love it.

Don’t miss her beaded jewelry collection — it’s as exquisite as her home. And don’t miss her professional portfolio, lovely.

UPDATE: Aug. 4th@ 10:18 PM EST. My bloggy friend Irene from Bloesem wrote in to let us all know that she has an interview with Emma Cassi on the BKids blog. You can read it here (I’m on my way over myself.) Thanks so much, Irene!

(images from emma cassi)

Posted by decor8 in Home Tours, inspiration on August 04, 2008

1. inga commented
    August 4th, 2008 at 12:40pm

Your new site is beautiful!
    I really like Emma’s home. It does look comfortable and cozy. It really looks “lived in” and not like a model home. Lovely.

2. Kara commented
    August 4th, 2008 at 1:00pm

Some people have all the talent! What a beautiful, eclectic room. It gives me such inspiration.

3. Marilyn commented
    August 4th, 2008 at 1:11pm

These are gorgeous photos. I was also checking out her jewelry and the beadwork is amazing!

Marilyns last blog post: New at Pulp Sushi

4. Michele commented
    August 4th, 2008 at 1:38pm

Hello Holly,

I’m so in love with your new extremely high tech site that I can’t seem to stay away from it :)

This post is my favorite kind of decor. I don’t even know what you call it. Love that adorable kitchen :) wish I had one like it.

Great post,
    michele

5. yvonne commented
    August 4th, 2008 at 1:45pm

I love her bed — looks so soothing! I never even considered those colors for a bed, but I’m in love with it. Any ideas on where I could find a blanket like that black & tan flowered one online? Thanks!

6. Jennifer commented
    August 4th, 2008 at 2:11pm

you know, i’m becoming addicted to your blog!

anyway, this is so weird b/c i’m in the process of redoing my studio/office. i just painted it a pretty light grey and now i’m onto the redecorating (on a budget so i’m looking for shortcuts, tricks and reusing a lot of my currrent things). emma’s style is exactly (well similar, really) to the look i’m going for – i’m happy you’ve posted these photos! thanks!

Jennifers last blog post: Many Thanks and a Few Words

7. porter commented
    August 4th, 2008 at 2:48pm

Just love that old trunk!! It’s fabulous!!

porters last blog post:

8. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    August 4th, 2008 at 2:52pm

Wow….I just love her beautiful, serene home with such personal detail everywhere. Lovely, just like her gorgeous jewelry that I have been a big fan of for awhile now.
    xo
    Melissa

9. Amanda commented
    August 4th, 2008 at 2:56pm

Now more than ever, I wish I had a mantel.

Amandas last blog post: Hair salon + time machine

10. Nice-Etc commented
    August 4th, 2008 at 4:17pm

Hey Holly.. this is a lovely home! I could get cozy there.. :)
    I have a sort of a random question..are the xmas lights hanging in her home any different than normal xmas lights? Just that they have a white cord? I’ve always wondered this..it’s probably just the way they are photographed.. But I have heard the term “twinkle lights” before and wondered if they are softer, more delicate than xmas lights. Maybe some are mini lights? Just curious as I love them but the xmas lights I’ve had never seem to be as magical as in photographs..

-Caitlin

11. decor8 commented
    August 4th, 2008 at 4:25pm

Hi Caitlin – I always refer to them as twinkle lights as, to me, xmas lights are multicolored and the cord is most commonly green. You can find lights now though that have clear bulbs with white cords in many shops around xmas here in the states which is when i purchase mine as they are hard to find during the rest of the year. I think in Germany perhaps they have these lights more frequently, I see them in random interiors magazines and at habitat….
    Does this kind of answer your question?

12. Nice-Etc commented
    August 4th, 2008 at 5:14pm

Yeah, so I guess they are just the same..that’s what I wasn’t sure of I suppose, if decor shops, etc were selling their own more delicate versions of white lights. Thanks! They are always so pretty..

Nice-Etcs last blog post:

13. Leo commented
    August 4th, 2008 at 5:22pm

Where’d Becky go with the Design Star post?

14. Alexis commented
    August 4th, 2008 at 5:29pm

Ooh! I want to move right in there!

Alexiss last blog post: India’s Party

15. Desiree Fawn commented
    August 4th, 2008 at 5:57pm

I love the little animals all set up in front of the fire place. Fantastic.

Desiree Fawns last blog post: quiche-tata.

16. JENNIFER RAMOS commented
    August 4th, 2008 at 6:02pm

Hello Holly, Totally cute place! Oddly enough I just bought some Holiday lights to place into my office….love it!!

Hope your having a good week!

Jen Ramos
    ‘100% Recycled DESIGNER Cards & More’
    madebygirl.blogspot.com

17. decor8 commented
    August 4th, 2008 at 6:21pm

Leo: No clue. She sends me her posts on Sunday night but I haven’t heard from her yet and I emailed her just before lunch… I am worried but I’m sure she is okay and that something happened that took her away from the computer for the day. When she sends me her post I will definitely post it. If I don’t hear from her before tomorrow noon I’ll post something myself (but I didn’t watch the show — at least you can all chat).

Holly

18. Heidi commented
    August 4th, 2008 at 6:42pm

Wow- I love the colors in these photos. I am redecorating/renovating my home in the coming year and these colors are what I want to go for. I love the warmth and then the popping accent colors… inspiration!

Heidis last blog post: she up and got married

19. belinda commented
    August 4th, 2008 at 7:16pm

love this house – we just featured it in Real Living after I spotted it somewhere on the web. The wallpaper bedhead is my fave! x

belindas last blog post: eye candy: random collection of pics to cheer up your monday

20. Design for Mankind commented
    August 4th, 2008 at 7:22pm

Oooh, thanks for sharing these Holly! I 100% agree— simply lovely. I’m always so inspired by interiors that appear to be super functional, as this does!

Thanks for your sweet comment, by the way!

Design for Mankinds last blog post: mankind mag: issue two.

21. decor8 commented
    August 4th, 2008 at 9:55pm

Oh Michele/ CraftyCameleon: Thank you for posting a comment, it’s really nice to hear from you!

Erin: Of course, and I mean it — Get a magazine girl, don’t work for them you are far too talented to simply write when you can influence people like you do both through text and imagery. Have any rich friends to back ya?

Belinda: SO nice to see you here. Did you get my email? I think we should move forward and schedule things for end of October — beautiful time in Germany and all of my furniture will be in by then (fingers and toes crossed).

22. puglyfeet commented
    August 4th, 2008 at 10:34pm

Oh! Her faux fireplace made me smile. It adds charm to that room.

23. Alli Coate commented
    August 4th, 2008 at 10:38pm

Oh I love this. These photos are so wonderfully inspiring, thanks for sharing!

Alli Coates last blog post: Project Profile- Edafedd logo

24. minutestar commented
    August 4th, 2008 at 11:29pm

the old suitcase as a coffee table is just too adorableeeeeee

minutestars last blog post: I love..

25. pipee commented
    August 5th, 2008 at 12:48am

I love this…the white, the splashes of colour! It’s so effortless and chic. Jealous foaming at the mouth, haha!

26. belinda commented
    August 5th, 2008 at 3:03am

hey holly – no i didn’t get an email. was going to wait till you’d settled in before I bugged you. i figured you’d be just a tiny bit busy at the moment to chat about it! hehe I’ll send you another one in case address was wrong. x

27. rochambeau commented
    August 5th, 2008 at 7:17am

Emma’s world is soft, elegant and peaceful.
    Thank you for sharing!
    Constance

rochambeaus last blog post: Royal Confections

28. LayersofMeaning commented
    August 5th, 2008 at 9:38am

absolutely lovely!

LayersofMeanings last blog post: Check it out: Ban.do

29. clara commented
    August 5th, 2008 at 11:28am

Hi Holly, I’m glad you posted Emma’s gorgeous home, which was featured on the Aug 08 issue of Real Living (Aust) magazine. The bedhead is wallpaper (from Cath Kidston) cut to shape and pasted on the wall!

claras last blog post: NO good

30. decor8 commented
    August 5th, 2008 at 11:35am

Hi Clara! I have to get my hands on that Real Living magazine issue now. I love Aussie interiors (and fashion) magazines and wish I could buy them here as easily as I can UK ones. I think it’s all about supply and demand so we should all walk into our local bookstore and tell them to start carrying Real Living & Frankie! :)

31. Recruiting Services commented
    August 6th, 2008 at 5:22pm

I love the look you went for in one of the rooms. The look that you didnt even try to decorate this room, i guess the “just living” decor…. it looks really good!

32. Design'em commented
    August 7th, 2008 at 11:08am

Her home is fabulous! I love her eclectic mix of found objects and collections, and I absolutely love the empty frames for that touch of mystery and intrigue.

Any idea how she made that “faux fireplace” mantle? I have a wall that would look perfect with that. Any ideas how to create that the way Emma has? Is that molding?

Thanks!

33. Kat commented
    August 8th, 2008 at 1:40pm

hi Holly,so pleased to see that you liked Emma Cassi’s home and jewellery as much as i thought you would ( : Kat xx

Kats last blog post: Olympics 2008 ‘one world one dream’

Trackbacks and Pingbacks

1. What Style IS This? at Design Strategies
  2. Emma Cassi @home « Wohnbedarf
  3. Casas que inspiran: Un recorrido por la casa de Emma Cassi
  4. Casas que inspiran: La casa de Emma Cassi (?ltima entrega)