decor8 & Dawanda Event in Berlin: September 20th

I’m so excited to announce this as I approached Dawanda some time ago with hopes they’d help me plan a fun blogger event in Berlin this year. And it’s planned! We’re ready to invite all who’d like to attend so if you plan on being in Berlin this month, please mark your calendars for a free fun event I’m hosting along with Dawanda in a few short weeks.

On September 20th we will hold a special workshop called ?Make it! Shop it! Blog it!? for artists and designers to get together and mingle, learn from guest speakers (including yours truly) all about how to build your business through blogging. When I finish speaking, I’ll stay to answer any questions from the audience that you may have about how to use your blog to maximize your small business as an artist or designer. If you do not have a small business, you just may walk away inspired to build one when I am finished because believe me, I have a lot to say on this subject!

Note: This event is bilingual! I’m speaking in English and Nicole will be speaking in German. No translator will be present!

During the event, we’ll supply complementary “Kaffee & Kuchen” (coffee and cake, well really cupcakes from an American bake shop, Cupcake Berlin, that we’ve asked to cater for us) and then later in the day, our second special guest speaker (after me) is Luziapimpinella (Nicole), a DaWanda shop based in Germany which is not only a very successful DaWanda shop, but a popular German blog too. She’ll share her first hand experience as a blogger and shop owner.

Of course we plan to do more than talk. Play time is part of the fun! We’ll holding a screenprinting demonstration from both Smil and Bloodbunny who willl share screenprinting tips, help you print something of your very own, and you can leave with your very own creation. Materials will be provided, but only a limited number can participate so this is on a “first come first serve” basis (see schedule posted below and show up for this session a little a head of time to be included).

Here are the details and schedule:

Date: Saturday, September 20th 2008
Location:o3 Berlin – Oderbergerstr.3, 10435 Berlin. (M1 stop Eberswalder U Bahn / Schwedter Str)

12 pm – Doors open – Bring your business cards and make new friends!
1 pm – Holly?s talk and Q & A session
3 pm – Nicole?s talk and Q & A session
5 pm Screenprinting workshop
6:30 We all go home inspired!

Spaces are limited so please RSVP if you would like to come! elizabeth {at} dawanda {dot} com

Thank you Enna for creating the beautiful art work for our Make it! Shop it! Blog it! postcards.

Hope to see you there. :)

(image from enna)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts, blogs, events + markets, small business, travel on September 04, 2008

1. mandy commented
    September 4th, 2008 at 3:44pm

is it possible to come, even if i’m not an artist, yet? i live nearby and would love to come. just to hear how to start a buisness…

2. decor8 commented
    September 4th, 2008 at 4:08pm

YES Mandy! You are more than welcome to attend. It’s for all who are simply interested in blogging, crafts, shopping, small business… You certainly do not have to have a shop or be an artist to attend, just interested in meeting up with other creative types. :)

3. Jesse commented
    September 4th, 2008 at 5:04pm

Ooooh, I can?t wait :)))
    Just send off the email…yeyyy.

Jesses last blog post: "Songs that make me happy (wednes)day" Part 11

4. Tracey commented
    September 4th, 2008 at 5:42pm

Oh- I wish I could make it, but will not be travelling to Germany until Thanksgiving time. Sounds like fun and informative…

5. julieann commented
    September 4th, 2008 at 6:30pm

oh how I wish I was in Berlin! Is there a way for you to record or maybe blog about your talk?! I think many of us would find the information helpful! Please share : )

6. All Things Lovely commented
    September 4th, 2008 at 7:21pm

I’m so disappointed I’m on the other side of the world, this sounds like a fabulous idea!

7. claudine hellmuth commented
    September 4th, 2008 at 9:17pm

I am so jealous! I wish I was in Berlin so I could attend! Any thoughts of doing an online version??

8. magikquilter commented
    September 4th, 2008 at 11:20pm

Sounds like just the sort of thing we could use in Sydney or Melbourne. Good luck with the preparations.

magikquilters last blog post: An Imaginative Experience by Mary Wesley

9. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    September 5th, 2008 at 12:57am

*sigh* This sounds SO fun! I sure wish I could go, what an adorable postcard Enna made! Congratulations Holly!
    xo
    Melissa

Melissa de la Fuentes last blog post: Ellie

10. decor8 commented
    September 5th, 2008 at 1:55am

Really great suggestion Claudine and Julieann! Let me think about it and see. Perhaps I can do a podcast? Hmmm…

11. eva commented
    September 5th, 2008 at 2:32am

I have to see if i can manage to come over (I`m in Frankfurt). Sounds like lot of fun! And I have never been to Berlin, so it would be nice finally to see the city :)
    Thank You for inviting!

evas last blog post: I just wanted to cry………

12. daniela o commented
    September 5th, 2008 at 5:53am

yay, i always read about this kind of thing happening everywhere else but here! im so glad somebody thought of doing this

13. Cris Paz commented
    September 5th, 2008 at 7:44am

Yes!!!!! Online version!!!!
    Please

14. Anna commented
    September 5th, 2008 at 9:45am

Oh my god! This is absolutly awesome! Already on the list!
    Enjoy Amsterdam!
    Anna

Annas last blog post: The Making of September

15. doreen commented
    September 5th, 2008 at 10:32am

I agree with Julianne — I would love to hear your talk — please share! And do you have any plans to do one of these events in the US?

16. Gila commented
    September 6th, 2008 at 7:24am

Okay, this will kill me and be extremely exhausting – but count me in. Sent my mail to Elisabeth already…

Will take the 7am bus from Hamburg, then back by bus at 7p.m. Just don’t expect me to be well-preserved when getting off that 3 hour bus. :)

17. steffi commented
    September 6th, 2008 at 7:32am

I’m really looking forward to it! We’ll spend the weekend near Berlin at my son’s godmother and I’m so happy to have the chance of meeting the person “in real” whose blog I’ve read even before I knew of DaWanda. Though I’m no trained translator I offer my help “to get the meaning across”.
    :-)))
    Steffi

steffis last blog post: It?s been a loooong time since?/ Es ist schon laaaange her?

18. Anke commented
    September 6th, 2008 at 11:34am

This is right around the corner from my home! Finally a crafty blogger meet I can actually attend!

Ankes last blog post: BestLite

19. preppylittledress commented
    September 6th, 2008 at 4:18pm

the cartoon is hilarious, so true – especially now with the blogging world! i find myself doing it now all the time! too cute!!!!

preppylittledresss last blog post: baklava, giada and candice – oh my!

20. paris welton commented
    September 8th, 2008 at 4:26am

Sounds wonderful – please can i reserve 2 places?

21. Gila commented
    September 8th, 2008 at 8:12am

Unfortunately, it looks like I am not welcome due to my critical comments about Dawanda in the past. I bitch just as much about Etsy, but hey. :)

Have fun – Holly, I hope we will eventually meet in Hamburg!

22. posh commented
    September 8th, 2008 at 4:12pm

please do post at least a transcript of the conferences! and lots of pics!
    great idea, btw! have fun!

23. Andy Mathis commented
    September 8th, 2008 at 11:57pm

that’s unfortunate Gila.

Sites like Dawanda and Etsy should understand that critical comments can be a good thing and should be used to improve the site or functionality of the site.

Companies pay focus groups for feedback. As long as it’s constructive, they should listen.

Andy Mathiss last blog post: A Portrait of Jack

24. decor8 commented
    September 9th, 2008 at 5:23am

Gila – Can I ask please what you are referencing because this event is 50% mine (it was my idea to host it) and you are MORE THAN WELCOME to attend. Please come! I am personally inviting you and since it’s partially my event I have that right. My talk is at 1pm, you can come around then to meet me and we can have coffee and cupcakes together after I’m finished speaking. :)

Holly

25. eliana commented
    September 9th, 2008 at 4:28pm

WoW !!!! I coudnt believe when i have read this great new in Decor8!!
    I hope so much i can take part of this Event , it is so important to me, then I am in the beginning to put my ideas im practice and its for me a big motivation !!!
    Million thanks Holly to be in Berlin, thanks everybody organize it !!!

26. abbey commented
    September 11th, 2008 at 1:35am

Holly,
    It honestly astounds me how much of a wonderful and giving person you are to the design and craft community.
    You continue to be an inspiration and hopefully all the lucky people at the workshop in Berlin have a great time and learn heaps.
    You should definatly come to Australia one day soon as I know you will be warmly recieved!
    All the best with your workshop.
    Abbey :)

27. Kimberly commented
    September 16th, 2008 at 1:20am

Hi! I would love to come-is there a spot available still?? Thanks, Kimberly

Kimberlys last blog post: Remember me?

28. vica commented
    September 17th, 2008 at 3:20pm

Hi! I would like very much to attend this event :) Is it there by any chance a free place ? Hope to meet you there, as I am reading your blog and I enjoy your ideas…

Vica

vicas last blog post: The Perfect Place

29. Kenyon commented
    November 27th, 2008 at 11:58am

Grant you just made yourself something to do with it,

30. Nimbus commented
    November 27th, 2008 at 3:23pm

A good site, good short contents of the good work. Congratulations !,

Trackbacks and Pingbacks