Etsy Faves

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

September 30, 2008

I love writing this weekly Etsy round up because it gives me (and I think you!) something to look forward to and it keeps me motivated to continue digging for pearls on Etsy. I often wonder if I’ll ever run out of sellers to spotlight in this column, though etsy spills over with one amazingly talented shop owner after another perhaps I’ll have enough to write about for a very long time. What a treasure trove! Ready to check out my top five picks for this week?

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

First up, Line Juhl Hansen, whom I mentioned only briefly yesterday in this post. After visiting her etsy shop this morning I found that she just listed a ton of beautiful original paintings so I had to write about her right away. This is your chance to own an original piece from Line. Her work really inspires me, but then again you know how much I love mixed media paintings so to you it’s no surprise that Line’s work pulls me in.

Etsy Take Five TuesdayEtsy Take Five Tuesday

Next is Mrs. French (first name not revealed which makes her more interesting I think), the author behind the beautiful blog called Bliss (that I found today via a comment left on decor8 (here) via Sarah at Serendipity). I’d not heard of Mrs. French before so it was nice to be introduced to her blog, thanks Sarah! Mrs. French is not only a blogger but a talented photographer as you can see above and has recently opened an etsy shop where she sells her radiant work… I am especially drawn to pink flowers lately even though it’s Fall and I guess I should be more keen on orange and yellow. I guess my heart is still trapped in summer dreams. I’m not yet willing to face the swiftly approaching months of winter so pink it is! And just look at that fantastic owl photograph – super!

Etsy Take Five TuesdayEtsy Take Five Tuesday
Anna Cote just wrote in to let us know that her 2009 calendar is now available for order in her etsy shop and that last year when I wrote about it she reminded met that it sold out… so I guess that means if you want one grab it while you can! Anna thanks for letting us know, and congrats on having your ’09 calendar ready in advance – smart girl!

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Salendro Design is a design studio based in Montreal that produces limited run products like these practical (and cute!) hooks. I just ordered a set for my hallway since I can use them for my keys. Love these little guys!

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Shesells is a darling little jewelry boutique with charming finds that happen to be very affordable and in tune with current trends – sparrows, owls, elephants – some of our favorites, right? I really like her sweet collection and think you will too. Tomorrow is October 1st, I think it’s time to start thinking about accessorizing for all of our cute Fall outfits! :) I’m digging purple, teal, and yellow this season, what colors are you absolutely loving right now for clothing?

(images linked to their sources above)

11 Comments

• Reply Erin September 30, 2008 at 7:03 pm

Thanks for the link to Mrs French – I just bought one of her lovely dahlia photos! Can’t wait for it to arrive – which will probably be a while since I live in Australia!

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente September 30, 2008 at 8:08 pm

So many great picks! Love Mrs. French and that calendar, those cutie pie hooks and that jewelry! Yippee! Oh, I am obsessed with gray, deep, deep purple, yellow and more gray! :)
    xo
    Melissa

Melissa de la Fuentes last blog post: Ellie

• Reply Heather September 30, 2008 at 10:43 pm

The fall hues have captured me…I’m loving burgundy with coral, olive with chartreuse and plum with saffron.

Heathers last blog post: it’s time for…

• Reply Liza September 30, 2008 at 10:59 pm

Yey Yey Yey mrs. french!! One of my favorite bloggers and one of my favorite blogs! I’m so excited for her! She was my shout out last week… the lovely blogger person who visits my little fledgling blog. Thank you Holly!

Lizas last blog post: Reality

• Reply Mona October 1, 2008 at 12:24 am

I just bought a necklace from Shesells. I look forward to your Etsy Take 5 every Tuesday to discover new shops!

• Reply Carrie October 1, 2008 at 12:37 am

I’m completely obsessed with anything in the teal/greenish blue/light blue family… so much so that the color is taking over my house!

You inspired me to do a calendar themed post, I had been trolling etsy for a new 09 calendar ever since the post about Camilla’s new one for 2009 and I came across so many that I loved!! Sticking with your love for owls theme, this is a really lovely one:

Carries last blog post: master bathroom…

• Reply Jerin October 1, 2008 at 11:39 am

What beautiful selections…I love them all!! Thanks so much for introducing me to Mrs French. Her photography is gorgeous!! Pink and turquoise are my favorite color combination…I just might have to treat myself to one of her photos!! Wonderful blog!!

Jerins last blog post: GLITZY LOCKETS – AMBER

• Reply Morgan October 1, 2008 at 12:05 pm

What great etsy finds! Thank you for introducing me to both Mrs. French and especially Line Juhl Hansen. Both have such amazing beautiful work!

Morgans last blog post: through 3D glasses print 8×8

• Reply Justine October 1, 2008 at 2:43 pm

mmm… copper, teal, dark plum, and ink blue!

• Reply alyssa October 1, 2008 at 9:16 pm

I’m in love with “shesells”. So many wonderful AND affordable finds—perfect for gift-giving. Thanks for the great picks! :)

• Reply jenna October 3, 2008 at 12:11 am

Thanks for sharing. I am totally digging BOLD colors for fall. Deep Blues, grays, magentas & teal YES…pretty much jewel tones! =) Love your blog, adding you to my fav’s!

jennas last blog post: Music