Bloggers

Shabby Chic Couture Blog

November 24, 2008

I just posted the new blog of the week but it’s one you may not expect: Rachel Ashwell! Yes, she now authors a blog and I’m so glad that she does because it is simply lovely. Care to take a peek?

Shabby Chic Couture Blog

You may know Rachel from her brand Shabby Chic based in southern California. I had the honor of meeting Rachel in 2005 and she is a great lady, very humble, charming, and she has a warm and sweet spirit. Here are some images from her blog that I fell in love with this morning… The perfect way to begin the week for me.

Shabby Chic Couture Blog I love this photo. The floors, the room, a faded rug, the pretty vent cover on the wall, the chandelier, the table… Okay everything. But what I love most is a raw space like this. So many options. This makes my heart swell…

Shabby Chic Couture Blog This dining room is so pretty, but a bit ornate for my taste. I’d remove the wall sconces and that large ornate mirror, but the chandelier would stay though I’d hang it a bit lower. I’d also paint the ceiling pale blue. I’d have to add flowers to the table and of course my Turkish teapot… But I still really like this room! The lighting is just great, makes me long to live in southern California or someplace where the lighting is always perfect. :)

Shabby Chic Couture Blog These are photos of some of the Shabby Chic retail stores, I’ve only been to two: the flagship store in Santa Monica, CA (my favorite) and her new shop in Natick, MA just outside of Boston. They are absolutely transporting, you should try to visit one sometime.

Shabby Chic Couture Blog Here are some clippings of vintage wallpaper that Rachel is currently drawing her inspiration from. Most of us find bits and bobbins from the past, connect to them, and translate what we see into something modern with a twist – our personal style – making them fresh and new again. You don’t always have to reinvent the wheel!

Shabby Chic Couture Blog

I had the opportunity to interview Rachel for decor8, you can read our chat here if you’d like. Browsing her blog this morning, I noticed the web-famous Keep Calm and Carry On posters in her shop (wow!) and I spotted some more good things in her newly designed web shop, would you like to see them?

Shabby Chic Couture Blog
Candles from Voluspa that smell like a little piece of heaven, stamped leather card holders (my favorite find), a crown doormat so everyone knows you are the queen of your castle, and a gorgeous union jack wall hanging in fabrics from Shabby Chic.

Shabby Chic Couture Blog

Very feminine throw pillows. (not shown but worth a click: Milly curtains)

Shabby Chic Couture Blog

A delicious gold bordered calendar. This is super pretty!

Psst: You can purchase these things so matter where you live because Shabby Chic ships worldwide!

Welcome to blogland Rachel and everyone else please go see what Rachel is up to, I’m sure you’ll find some of her inspirations most interesting and of course, beautiful!

(images from shabby chic)

16 Comments

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente November 24, 2008 at 10:28 am

SO many beautiful images and so happy she is blogging! Cannot wait to check it out! Have a wonderful Monday sweetie! I hope you had so much fun over the weekend, sounds like you had alot of great things planned!
    xo
    Melis

• Reply Living Sexy Now November 24, 2008 at 11:17 am

Gorgeous stuff! I have to agree with you about the dining room. I’d introduce a little color as well and that mirror would have to go but the concept overall is lovely.

Living Sexy Nows last blog post: Trench Coats: This Fall?s Must Have Piece

• Reply Gina November 24, 2008 at 2:01 pm

I love Shabby Chic! Thanks so much for sharing. :-)

• Reply Kristan November 24, 2008 at 2:41 pm

Haha, I love that “Keep calm and carry on” sign!

Kristans last blog post: I?ve been rapping for about seventeen years okay

• Reply Renata November 24, 2008 at 5:28 pm

Holly,
    These are some great pictures. I really love how clean and well streamlined the rooms are (not fit for my 4yr old little lady and 2yr old little man). I’m not afraid of color but do love the shabby chic look. Victorian styles are to die for but I can never seem to incorporate it with my passion for vibrant colors.

• Reply Jeanette November 24, 2008 at 5:33 pm

I just love that calender!

Jeanettes last blog post: MATCH BOX

• Reply perfect bound November 24, 2008 at 6:33 pm

Rachel is such a pioneer. I love how she isn’t afraid to use shabby objects in her work. She really stretches her mind around good design that will stand the test of time. Brilliant!

perfect bounds last blog post: it’s snowing!

• Reply Heidi Jo November 24, 2008 at 7:49 pm

ooooo- what a treasure! My mom will love this. She adores shabby chic. Thanks for sharing!

Heidi Jos last blog post: my treasured EMBROIDERED ANIMAL ALPHABET

• Reply Inga November 25, 2008 at 5:35 am

So many nice stuff. I love her style. Thanks for sharing.

• Reply Sarah November 25, 2008 at 5:59 am

Gorgeous post. I love the Shabby Chic style.

• Reply Madelyn @ Southern Weddings November 25, 2008 at 12:52 pm

Fabulous! I love all of these images! They are so inspiring! I love the shabby chic look! Fantastic!

Madelyn @ Southern Weddingss last blog post: Southern Grace + Giveaway: Carrot & Stick Press

• Reply Angelia November 25, 2008 at 2:58 pm

Thanks for the Shabby Chic info, I used to love her television show on “E”.

Angelias last blog post: Creative Business

• Reply Lucy Atkinson November 27, 2008 at 9:42 pm

Haha! I’d love to live somewhere where the lighting is always perfect too.

I’m sure every photographer on the planet would, also …

Perhaps you could try the North or South Pole … or alternate between the two … don’t they have days that last for several months there? And when one is in darkness, the other is in light?

• Reply Lucy Atkinson November 27, 2008 at 9:46 pm

Whoa! I love the Keep Calm poster too, but just looked at the price …

$295? That’s why they tell you to keep calm!

Lucy Atkinsons last blog post: Pewter, That Stinks!

• Reply Melissa Lewis - Off The Wall December 14, 2008 at 1:24 am

Yea! Can’t believe she had a blog this whole time and I didn’t know. Definitely a good one!

• Reply Shelene Lammie April 8, 2010 at 3:08 pm

lovely room. Where did you get your chair cushions from?