Loftlife Magazine

I came across this jaw dropper of a loft today on Loftlife magazine and nearly died. Badda bing! Can you imagine living like this? Sheesh.

This is the loft space of interior designer Andrew Flesher who loves to mix in antiques and vintage finds into his contemporary in Minneapolis. Soaring 13-foot-high ceilings, white concrete floors and an entirely open floor plan, his traditional upholstered pieces look beautiful combines with his vintage treasures. Gorgeous. See more here.

(images by Gunkelman Flesher)

Posted by decor8 in design, inspiration on February 12, 2009

1. doreen commented
    February 12th, 2009 at 12:33pm

A beautiful mix, thanks for sharing. What really makes this space lovely, I think, is the abundance of light. A luxury!

2. laurie of liquid paper commented
    February 12th, 2009 at 12:43pm

oh holly! you hit it out of the park for me today. this loft is so inspiring! and it’s in the midwest, as am i, which makes me so happy. i’ve been in such a decorating rut lately. i was so pathetic i even posted about it yesterday saying that maybe i needed to ask you to do one of your “This person needs our help” posts about my living room — it is such a tough space. (i would still love to do that but i am feeling better today thanks to you.) thanks so much! xo

laurie of liquid papers last blog post: what i should have done yesterday

3. The Rural Modernist commented
    February 12th, 2009 at 1:06pm

Mmm, white floors. I could do it if I had a full time maid.

The Rural Modernists last blog post: Decorating with Morrissey

4. Jason Thompson commented
    February 12th, 2009 at 1:13pm

Sheesh. So beautiful and clean. The kind of space you want to invite friends to every night. And morning.

5. Cathe commented
    February 12th, 2009 at 1:16pm

Absolutely amazing loft! I dream of a loft space someday, but for right now I’ll have to be content with being an urbanite stuck in surburbia.

Cathes last blog post: {News & Events} Going Up!

6. Leslie commented
    February 12th, 2009 at 2:01pm

Huuuummmmm!
    I love the clean and uncomplicated look! The jute / linen colored sofa is so chic! The 2 raffis end tables, my daughter has a pair as her end tables in her bedroom. They bring a natural feel into a room.
    lamaisonfou blog

7. Nadine commented
    February 12th, 2009 at 2:03pm

pretty neat for such a lofty living room. Those antiques just fit in perfectly!

8. hc commented
    February 12th, 2009 at 2:07pm

handsome seats

9. shells commented
    February 12th, 2009 at 2:08pm

oh wow! i LOVE this!! …Not pictured but that giant etched mirror in the loft is beyond gorgeous. Hooray for Minneapolis showing off some great design! :)

shellss last blog post: Always Remember – $23.00

10. Liza commented
    February 12th, 2009 at 2:22pm

I love this place. I just takes such a fine eye to put together antiques with contemporary, concrete floor, light filled loft, doesn’t it? I’m also excited because Loftlife is new to me, too. (Is that embarrassing to admit?)

Lizas last blog post: Hello

11. Diana commented
    February 12th, 2009 at 2:25pm

WOW – I love those shelves. And I find it fascinating how the white upholstery of the chairs disappears against the background – leaving the graphic lines of the frame.

Dianas last blog post: Instinct Experiment

12. Terri commented
    February 12th, 2009 at 3:21pm

I agree- what a stunning, clean and crisp space – the traditional furniture looks lovely!

Terris last blog post: Parish-Hadley: Observations

13. Debbie commented
    February 12th, 2009 at 3:34pm

gorgeous! working in my basement studio today – then click on this! Oh the light!! the glorious light!

Debbies last blog post: Its a Shore Thing – daily painting,beach scene

14. Rachel B. commented
    February 12th, 2009 at 3:43pm

Seriously I imagine living like this on a daily basis. Alas, I will have to live vicariously.

Rachel B.s last blog post: More nature inspired jewelry!

15. Lexy commented
    February 12th, 2009 at 3:51pm

This is the kind of space that I envision for my “one day” art studio that we will be adding as a second floor of our house. I love grey and white so I especially love the third photo, but I’m not too sure those floors would be too safe with me (or my dog)!

Lexys last blog post: Giveaway!

16. Nancy of Homeworks3 commented
    February 12th, 2009 at 3:58pm

I have begun to want to turn everything in my home to white, white, white!
    Not all that practical for a busy household, but I can still dream…….

Nancy of Homeworks3s last blog post: The Peace Keeper

17. david commented
    February 12th, 2009 at 5:23pm

incredible room! love the way the shelves are arranged. not an easy thing to do….

allthe best!
    david
    los angeles

davids last blog post:

18. belinda commented
    February 12th, 2009 at 6:59pm

ooh how heavenly for child-free people. am picturing my son doing the big run and slide in his socks (and, inevitably on his bottom!) along that shiny floor! love the mix of furniture though

belindas last blog post: Share the love this Valentine’s Day

19. Lindsay commented
    February 12th, 2009 at 8:10pm

So much of what comes out of Minneapolis is edgy and surprising. Quite apart from Prince. The antiques look so much less stodgy against that white floor. As for the care of white floors, my two bits: white’s not nearly as hard to take care of as people think. Way easier than very dark floors, which seriously show the dust and mud. White’s great as long as you get a really washable finish or material. I once painted my kitchen linoleum white, with plain old floor paint, and it was a cinch to wipe up.

Lindsays last blog post: Afghan war rugs – where are the red rugs?

20. 315thomas commented
    February 12th, 2009 at 9:43pm

those floors… gorgeous, but i hope they like cleaning!

315thomass last blog post: shop ruche

21. Edwina commented
    February 13th, 2009 at 12:37pm

Oh my god !! This is truly the most beauiful interior , i have ever seen , it just takes my breath away !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. fabframes commented
    February 13th, 2009 at 4:19pm

Awesome!!! I love the mix of traditional and Modern elements; it’s such a refined look!

fabframess last blog post: Cincinnati Panoramas by James Blakeway

23. sarah commented
    February 16th, 2009 at 1:07am

As a furniture designer/engineer working for Andrew on projects here in Minneapolis (years ago), I have to say that this space WAS lovely. He no longer lives there but has move on to an even more gorgeous space!

Here’s the link to an old article about his “new” home.

24. Colleen commented
    February 18th, 2009 at 2:21pm

I agree with Sarah that his new place is very nice (got to visit it in person). Interesting to see which pieces he kept and how they look fresh with new pieces (the wire sculptures on the big bookshelves are now mounted on the wall above the fireplace). Remember that as a bachelor those white floors were probably less a maintenance concern than if he had kids running around all the time.
    Love his work, and am always proud to see (contemporary) Minneapolis designers getting national press. Thanks for sharing this Holly!
    Check out his neighbor’s home that he designed featured in the May 2008 issue of Traditional Home. Great mix of antique and contemporary with a softer color palette.