Color Me Pretty

Hello friends, it’s Leslie again with Color Me Pretty and this time I am focusing on pinks, melons, black, white and a touch of gold because its summery and the black adds a little drama don’t you think? I also wanted to incorporate some Moroccan patterns, I know they are everywhere but I cannot seem to get enough of them! It was fun to use this palette and combine it with a touch of Morocco. I do hope you enjoy this little exploration.

Color Me Pretty

Color Me Pretty

Color Me Pretty

Color Me Pretty

Color Me Pretty

Color Me Pretty

Color Me Pretty

Color Me Pretty

Ideas on using these colors at home:

Used sparingly pinks and melons can add a delicious hint of femininity to your home, like a small bouquet of roses in the corner of a room or a white bowl of peaches waiting to be eaten. I use a weathered Moroccan tiled table on the patio that is the softest shade of peachy melon, it’s warm muted glow of color is really pretty. However, if you are brave and love pinks go for it! Layered patterns of bright pinks and juicy melon tones are fabulous for personalities that can pull it off, especially when mixed with a touch of black and gold. Of course a little white also helps all these colors pop! As well, if you are drawn to a certain culture’s design motifs by all means try to find ways to incorporate them into you home. This could be done by simply framing pieces of patterned fabric or paper, or by creating a little mood board to hang with patterned bits from a far away land, little hints like this can go a long way in creating a unique and inspiring space for you. -Leslie

(images: leslie shewring)

Posted by decor8 in Color Inspiration, Color Me Pretty, guest bloggers on August 17, 2009

1. Marianna Mills commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 6:50pm

It’s so beautiful Holly! Like a dream!
    I love working with pink organza in different shades!
    I will send you on Twitter the link one of my favorite piece.
    xo
    Marianna

PS.I love those roses, you have bought a couple of days ago! Gorgeous!
    .-= Marianna Mills´s last blog ..Step by Step Recipe – Cherry Pie =-.

2. katherine quinn commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 6:53pm

These beautiful colours remind me that spring is just around the corner…
    .-= katherine quinn´s last blog ..he laughs at my dreams… =-.

3. decor8 commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 6:53pm

Yes Marianna – Leslie did a beautiful job taking these photos and writing this post — I’m so pleased that you’ve enjoyed it today. Leslie is back every two weeks with more color inspiration so stay tuned!

4. Lana Kole commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 6:57pm

Pink is love! I’m currently freshening up my home and studio decor and my color palette is sooo yummy! I chose shades of dark and light pink, light blue and vibrant turquoise, with a bit of chocolate brown and gold. Really pretty!

5. Jennifer commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 6:57pm

Love all the pink! Gorgeous photos!

xoxo
    .-= Jennifer´s last blog ..Big Daddy Pants! =-.

6. Heather- Gathering Spriggs commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 6:59pm

Leslie, You keep outdoing yourself. This is my favorite color collage so far. I have a special place in my heart for soft pinks and melons and a touch of morocco, divine!
    .-= Heather- Gathering Spriggs´s last blog ..Creamy Dreamy Retreats =-.

7. La Alicia commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 7:03pm

gorgeous, nice job!
    .-= La Alicia´s last blog ..The Free Art Project on Indie Fixx =-.

8. Marianna Mills commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 7:03pm

I just read it again on Twitter what have you wrote Holly, about Leslie wrote this post. That’s why I come back here and to say sorry to Leslie and you Holly :)
    It’s a bit late and I am half a sleep :)
    Looking forward to next time to read and see Leslie color inspiration.
    xo
    Marianna
    .-= Marianna Mills´s last blog ..Step by Step Recipe – Cherry Pie =-.

9. Shanon commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 7:03pm

Holly and Leslie, I’ll repeat what I wrote on Holly’s Flickr:
    “How Leslie is not already a stylist/photographer for Martha Stewart Living or something similar, I do not know. =)”

Leslie, you have such an ease for taking these shots, they are wonderful merchandising/product shots, which are simply just hard to do for most of us. You are compiling a portfolio to die for. Seriously love it.

Holly, I look forward to this every week. Thanks for spotlighting Leslie’s awesome talent!
    .-= Shanon´s last blog ..Call me Vain =-.

10. Viv commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 7:06pm

Beautiful pictures, such a romantic feeling, I love coming here for inspiration, Thank you so much for the post!
    .-= Viv´s last blog ..vivikas hair clip =-.

11. Novi commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 7:12pm

The pairing of pink with Moroccan details is unique and very inspiring Leslie! Your photographs are so beautiful. Thanks for suggesting on how to add cultural patterns into our homes, love your ideas. Thank you for posting!
    .-= Novi´s last blog ..Richmond Olympic Oval =-.

12. shawn angela commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 7:19pm

I Love the subtly different shades of pink……All of these are stunning arrangements.I’m a huge fan of anything moroccan and this was an ingenious take on a moroccan theme which (to my knowledge) rarely uses pinks in these shades.
    Lovely!
    .-= shawn angela´s last blog ..The Collector’s Eye =-.

13. Petergaye Kisielewicz/yahgie commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 7:26pm

I love the color palette you selected very good. Thanks for sharing.
    .-= Petergaye Kisielewicz/yahgie´s last blog ..Shopping for your home on a budget =-.

14. Caitlin commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 7:27pm

Oh wow, these photos are incredible! The colours are so surprising and stunning together. Love all of this, especially the black and white cameos on the pink!
    .-= Caitlin´s last blog ..Testing out my Holga =-.

15. cassandra @ cocokelley commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 7:29pm

incredibly gorgeous! i am loving the drama of black or dark navy with pinks and corals right now, and this captured it so perfectly – the patterns are stunning! the addition of a moroccan influence just made it all the more perfect!
    .-= cassandra @ cocokelley´s last blog ..On Vacation With… Urban Sardines! =-.

16. megan commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 7:32pm

I really love the combination of the pink and orange/peach tones together. I would love to incorporate those colours into my home somewhere. Thanks for the inspiration.
    .-= megan´s last blog ..De De Ce Showrooms =-.

17. isla commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 7:38pm

Oh my gosh, this is just absolutely beautiful!
    .-= isla´s last blog ..Beach Bath =-.

18. Liss (daydreamlily) commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 7:38pm

so so beautiful! I love pink. Cant wait for spring to arrive!
    .-= Liss (daydreamlily)´s last blog ..It’s a beautiful day =-.

19. Jenn commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 7:39pm

Gorgeous! Where do you find all these beautiful things to photograph?
    .-= Jenn´s last blog ..Button Ts =-.

20. belledame commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 7:44pm

fantastic post. i can’t commit to such a light color scheme, but i do love pink, orange and Moroccan. a lot. these are fantastic inspiration for a changeover.

21. rachel denbow commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 8:04pm

Lovely colors and great suggestions for using them at home!
    .-= rachel denbow´s last blog ..More Granny Chic That I’m Loving =-.

22. Emma commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 8:12pm

Holly this is AWESOME! I love the patterns the most-est! Inspiration to say the least…swooooon
    .-= Emma´s last blog ..{ Rainy Day Sunday } =-.

23. pam commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 8:13pm

why do people who write in journals have the best handwriting? And I have the little glasses. I first saw them at TJ Maxx – a set of 6 for $24. Then I saw them at anthropologie for $8 per glass. Straight back to TJMaxx I went. They are fun little glasses.
    .-= pam´s last blog ..amy butler statements in blue =-.

24. robin commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 8:13pm

gorgeous!
    .-= robin´s last blog ..Wiiiiiiiiiii! =-.

25. Cicada Studio commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 8:16pm

… as always… stunning.
    .-= Cicada Studio´s last blog ..New Item In Shop | Forsythia Yardage =-.

26. Lindsey @ a GreatFull day commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 8:26pm

Oh, I love pink. These photos are just gorgeous! Great job Leslie!

{ Lindsey }
    .-= Lindsey @ a GreatFull day´s last blog ..How’s the Weather =-.

27. The Office Stylist commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 8:39pm

Lovely!
    .-= The Office Stylist´s last blog ..File Folder Holder-Keep it together! =-.

28. apparentlyjessy commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 8:45pm

So much beauty and inspiration in these photos!

29. Cindy commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 9:20pm

Beautiful! I love the bowl of peaches with the black & white cloth.
    .-= Cindy´s last blog ..Sole Mates – Hot Date =-.

30. Jaimee commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 9:21pm

Just lovely!
    .-= Jaimee´s last blog ..Mosaic Monday =-.

31. Vanille commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 10:13pm

Gorgeous pictures and so inspiring !
    .-= Vanille´s last blog ..Dans le Jardin =-.

32. Brooke H commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 10:19pm

Such a beautiful palette! In my apartment I have a few touches of pink and gold, but I’m thinking I should max it out, its so fresh, feminine and bright. Thank you for sharing, also the photography is so lovely!
    .-= Brooke H´s last blog ..iPhone app =-.

33. cara commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 10:51pm

goodness this is gorgeous. seriously. thanks for sharing these pretties!!
    .-= cara´s last blog ..Fashion photos =-.

34. Diane commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 11:10pm

This post is so beautiful and inspiring. Thanks for sharing Leslie!

35. Jessica commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 11:25pm

Oh how I love those postage stamps.
    Oh how they stir my wanderlust.
    .-= Jessica´s last blog ..Pinkness =-.

36. Kiran commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 11:45pm

I love the color choices Leslie :) You are right about the subtle use of pinks around the house. Hubby might feel overwhelmed :)
    .-= Kiran´s last blog ..Happy Independence India! =-.

37. amanda commented
    August 18th, 2009 at 12:30am

This is such a beautiful post! Makes me want to surround myself with pink and/or melon and only knit/sew with pink and/or melon :) Thanks!
    .-= amanda´s last blog ..progress on my english paper piecing =-.

38. Patia commented
    August 18th, 2009 at 12:42am

Very very pretty!
    .-= Patia´s last blog ..Gone Fishin’ =-.

39. Beach Vintage commented
    August 18th, 2009 at 12:47am

Oh you have stolen my heart with this post.
    .-= Beach Vintage´s last blog ..Stone Cottage Inspiration =-.

40. vicki (simply hue) commented
    August 18th, 2009 at 1:04am

Leslile, you have such an amazing talent! Really beautiful post…..again! I look forward to seeing all the creative ideas you come up with. I never would have thought of combining Moroccan design with pink but it’s really elegant. Great job!
    .-= vicki (simply hue)´s last blog ..Calling All Designers! =-.

41. Tamstyles commented
    August 18th, 2009 at 1:24am

what a pretty post.

42. Julie Cove commented
    August 18th, 2009 at 1:34am

Leslie, the Moroccan look here really makes me want to travel – or just have a Moroccan dinner party! A home is much more interesting when an injection of cultural variety is incorporated. I always say that “your home should have many stories to tell based on the many goodies found and collected thru travel”.
    Holly, you’ve found a gem of a guest blogger! Hope she’s here to stay for a long while!
    Julie
    .-= Julie Cove´s last blog ..Thymes Essentials =-.

43. Kylie @ All Things Lovely commented
    August 18th, 2009 at 3:06am

One of my favourite colour combinations! So pretty and feminine, I could look at these pictures all day. Thanks so much. :)
    .-= Kylie @ All Things Lovely´s last blog ..Anna Spiro Portfolio – Absolutely Beautiful Things =-.

44. Jessie commented
    August 18th, 2009 at 3:24am

beautiful!!!! :)
    .-= Jessie´s last blog ..Make it Monday: Patchwork Button Pouch =-.

45. Iva commented
    August 18th, 2009 at 3:49am

this is seriously the cutest post ever! I how delicate and feminine everything looks, so so pretty :)
    .-= Iva´s last blog ..Lovely Apartments =-.

46. Lovely_Sunflower commented
    August 18th, 2009 at 5:15am

These pictures are absolutely gorgeous! Thanks, Leslie, for sharing this beauty!

47. cindy commented
    August 18th, 2009 at 6:29am

i love the pink and melon combinations in the soft tones. so pretty.
    .-= cindy´s last blog ..pics : film from the country =-.

48. melissa deakin commented
    August 18th, 2009 at 7:08am

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.
    You are just spectacular, Leslie.
    These images are just amazing.
    I love them all.
    Such a beautiful color combination.
    Great things are ahead for you, Leslie.
    You are so talented!
    .-= melissa deakin´s last blog ..It’s Monday morning… =-.

49. Sandy commented
    August 18th, 2009 at 7:45am

Leslie, I LOVE your photos. They are so pretty, they make me feel all girlie!

50. Liz @ It's Great To Be Home commented
    August 18th, 2009 at 8:17am

Oh my gosh, I am so in love with these photographs – so beautiful!!
    .-= Liz @ It’s Great To Be Home´s last blog ..Blog Party: Inspiration Tuesday!! =-.

51. Laura Gaskill commented
    August 18th, 2009 at 8:27am

So inspiring!! I love the very first photo so, so much, Leslie!! And I do have a bit of an obsession with pink, so this post has me drooling all over my keyboard. I love the pink and melon together with your gorgeous, exotic silver pieces (I want that teapot! And that tray!) – oh, and the flowers! Sigh.
    .-= Laura Gaskill´s last blog ..New DecorMaison Wallpaper {And A Teensy Little Break} =-.

52. Kathi @ allthingswhite commented
    August 18th, 2009 at 10:07am

Oh, this is so lovely ! I am so inspired that I will use beautiful pink ribbon on all of the packages I ship out today. Thanks you for a beautiful start to the day !!!

53. Nuit commented
    August 18th, 2009 at 10:10am

What a lovely inspiration board, I must admit this Moroccan patterns and accents PLUS PINK, are a combination I would not have thought of myself, very unique and creative… and WOW… I just love the outcome!.
    .-= Nuit´s last blog ..Designed by: Mary Barber Fray =-.

54. Mrs. M commented
    August 18th, 2009 at 10:17am

another fabulous post Leslie!
    I’m not typically a pink person, but WOW! and the Moroccan patterns are just gorgeous!! keep ‘em coming :)

55. decor8 commented
    August 18th, 2009 at 10:56am

I agree with you all – Leslie is such a talent and I’m so thrilled to work with her. Now to convince her to open an Etsy shop and sell her photos as postcards and prints – can you imagine owning some of these and framing them? I sure can!

56. Garnet commented
    August 18th, 2009 at 11:04am

Love these color posts! Looking forward to more!
    .-= Garnet´s last blog ..I drew the Ace of Wands this morning as my card of the day. I… =-.

57. novelista barista commented
    August 18th, 2009 at 11:06am

oooo i loveee those :)
    .-= novelista barista´s last blog ..Re-Interview Today =-.

58. Design Healing commented
    August 18th, 2009 at 11:50am

Ohhhhh! Love, love, love all of it! I can’t verbalize enough lovely things to say about it.
    .-= Design Healing´s last blog ..My New Designs for Lenox =-.

59. Flavia commented
    August 18th, 2009 at 12:08pm

Absolutely stunning! The combination reminds me of my wedding colors, peachy-pink and dark navy – it’s a somewhat unexpected combination that works so well together! Beautiful job, Leslie.
    .-= Flavia´s last blog ..We Got a Puppy! =-.

60. fresh365 commented
    August 18th, 2009 at 3:05pm

My favorite colors! Love that first shot w/the notebook. Great styling Leslie!

61. leslie commented
    August 18th, 2009 at 11:32pm

Oh my goodness…
    I am totally moved by all this wonderful support. Thank you so so so much! I am speechless…
    .-= leslie´s last blog ..Summer on the Patio =-.

62. Penny Patten commented
    August 19th, 2009 at 8:02am

Oh this is wonderful! Love the color scheme, hopfully I can find ways to incorporate into a room in my home. Thank You for sharing such lovely photo’s as well as ideas!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..So our Chicken Coop is complete! =-.

63. Patricia Shea commented
    August 19th, 2009 at 10:17am

Pink is my favourite colour and I am looking at heaven through rose coloured glasses when I look at this breathtaking post…if I had my druthers my house would pink from top to bottom, walls, ceilings and floors included, not in a Peptobismol way but just like these photos…dreamy, creamy, classy, delicious. Thanks so much for the divine inspiration!!
    .-= Patricia Shea´s last blog ..Buttermilk scones from nearly all Maine ingredients =-.

64. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    August 19th, 2009 at 11:01am

Gosh…these are just crazy beautiful! I adore the colors but, your styling, creativity and talent are just jaw drop inducing! :) Thank you hun!
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..It’s my bag, baby! =-.

65. Miss B. commented
    August 19th, 2009 at 4:01pm

Leslie perfection as usual!
    .-= Miss B.´s last blog ..RAE DUNN =-.

66. Simran commented
    August 20th, 2009 at 10:44am

Absolutely amazing Leslie. I love the black! All the colours in fact! This one is my favourite yet!

67. pam commented
    August 20th, 2009 at 3:17pm

these colors and images just make me smile! so so pretty. pam
    .-= pam´s last blog ..dream house =-.

68. The Perfect Palette commented
    August 22nd, 2009 at 7:54am

SUCH pretty palette! The perfect palette if you ask me :)
    .-= The Perfect Palette´s last blog ..A Rustic Dockside Ceremony: Navy Blue & Chocolate Brown =-.

69. Carrie commented
    September 2nd, 2009 at 4:44pm

Simply gorgeous. I wish I could see the full image all at once on my screen. Perhaps it is just my computer. Carrie

70. Leigha commented
    July 2nd, 2010 at 4:22pm

Ah, sweet Morocco. I am currently coveting all things Morocco.
    Leigha´s last blog post ..Ah- Alessandra