Arts + Crafts, Etsy Faves, Objects

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

September 8, 2009

Well what do you know… Etsy Take Five Tuesday is back! To kick things off, I’ve rounded up an eclectic mix featuring a few of my current favorite shops. Next week I’ll be back again with more and before you know, Miss Holly here will be back on schedule just like old times before I relocated. Feels good to get back into a routine again, I’ve missed it. I’ve decided that I won’t be writing much of a summary for my finds going forward since most of you don’t really read them anyway (most tell me you scan to see my finds and the shop name/link). Instead I’ll place links to all of the known spots online where you can find out more about the artist/maker and their work, including their etsy store link (well, of course). I hope you don’t mind and most importantly, that you find this slight modification to this column a bit more helpful. Okay, so are you ready for my picks? Here ya go…

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Emma Lamb: {etsy} {blog} {flickr}

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Brett Manning, aka Brettisagirl: {etsy} {website} {red bubble} {flickr} {blurb} {blog} {mysoti} {zazzle}

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Deer Face, Devon Smith: {etsy} {flickr} {blog}

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Beeb Design: {etsy} {blog}

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

HarBenger Duo: {etsy}

I hope that you enjoyed my mix this week! :) I’m loving them all and I can’t stop checking out those legs on that nightstand above — sweet.

(images linked to their sources above)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Stephanie Fizer September 8, 2009 at 4:20 pm

really gorgeous picks this time, Holly :) I’m really digging the illustrations from Brettisagirl, they are just amazing!

• Reply Pravina September 8, 2009 at 4:24 pm

hooray for take five tuesdays! i love those little dolls from beeb.
    .-= Pravina´s last blog ..PARA—Zippered pouch =-.

• Reply Rita Vindedzis September 8, 2009 at 4:29 pm

Yay!! Etsy Take Five Tuesdays is one of my faves from your blog. I really like the modification you’ve made. Eye candy and links. Perfect!!
    .-= Rita Vindedzis´s last blog ..Urban Inspirations =-.

• Reply Preeti September 8, 2009 at 4:32 pm

Love your pics and decor sense. Following all your blogs actually.:)
    .-= Preeti´s last blog ..Paneer Kali Mirch =-.

• Reply Tricia McKellar September 8, 2009 at 4:39 pm

I love Emma Lamb’s crochet! So fresh yet familiar… :)
    .-= Tricia McKellar´s last blog ..Many and One (Birds), 5×5 Fine Art Photograph by Tricia McKellar, Modern Photograph with Vintage Look =-.

• Reply Jennifer September 8, 2009 at 4:42 pm

I love the work done by the HarBenger Duo and that’s so awesome that they are in Houston!!
    .-= Jennifer´s last blog ..Chie Mihara Kubik =-.

• Reply pamela davis September 8, 2009 at 4:55 pm

Great picks! I especially love the Emma Lamb stuff. As a crocheter myself I love to see the work other people are doing. Thanks for sharing!
    .-= pamela davis´s last blog ..Northern Lights Brooch =-.

• Reply Juliet September 8, 2009 at 5:13 pm

Holly, I like the new format. Ought to simplify things for you, too!
    .-= Juliet´s last blog ..Can’t Wait For Fall =-.

• Reply Cheryl September 8, 2009 at 5:35 pm

you need to do what you need to do to maintain your enthusiasm for your work, Holly — breaking from the routine can create sparks elsewhere.

• Reply nan lawson September 8, 2009 at 5:35 pm

i missed this so much! thanks for introducing me to some wonderful artists!
    .-= nan lawson´s last blog ..Venice Beach VW Bus – Pen and Ink Illustration – 8 x 10 – Print =-.

• Reply Shanon September 8, 2009 at 5:43 pm

Really great finds Holly! I’ve missed these, so I’m looking forward to them once more. =)
    .-= Shanon´s last blog ..{Prize} =-.

• Reply Pixel Wild Child September 8, 2009 at 5:58 pm

Great collection! I especially like the work of the two illustrators and the dolls, they are su cute!
    .-= Pixel Wild Child´s last blog ..Having a Bad Hair Day? Make the most out it! ;O) =-.

• Reply Karen September 8, 2009 at 6:10 pm

I love the cushions! They’re like giant hacky sacks =)
    .-= Karen´s last blog ..Fall Fashion Extravaganza =-.

• Reply laura trevey September 8, 2009 at 6:12 pm

lovely sleek furniture…
    .-= laura trevey´s last blog ..Bold Lip Color =-.

• Reply Heidi Alamanda September 8, 2009 at 6:32 pm

I love your picks. I love the illustration. So beautiful.
    The crochet is gorgeous.
    .-= Heidi Alamanda´s last blog ..Is this eucalyptus? =-.

• Reply Natascha September 8, 2009 at 6:33 pm

Great post. I especially like the items from HarBerger. The pieces are great!
    .-= Natascha´s last blog ..Romantic yet funky loft – As seen on Apartment Therapy =-.

• Reply Diana September 8, 2009 at 6:47 pm

Fantastic picks – you’ve sure come back to this series with a bang! I did like hearing a little about why you picked the artists but this is fab too. Very simple and the pictures do speak for themselves!
    .-= Diana´s last blog ..Playing with Adjustment Layers =-.

• Reply Deanna September 8, 2009 at 8:16 pm

How I’ve missed Take 5 Tuesdays! Great selection as always! :)
    .-= Deanna´s last blog .."Blueberries for Breakfast" 20 x 30 =-.

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente September 8, 2009 at 9:00 pm

SO in love with Emma lamb’s work and thank you for the intro to deer face and harbenger duo….just wonderful! Thanks hun!
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Cheap & Chic: inspired by art on etsy =-.

• Reply Jacqueline September 8, 2009 at 9:07 pm

These are such gorgeous shop! I adore Brettisagirl’s art work! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!
    .-= Jacqueline´s last blog ..i heart mail. yes i do. =-.

• Reply lindsay September 8, 2009 at 9:33 pm

What a talented group this week! Digging the new format too.
    .-= lindsay´s last blog ..The Mini Me. =-.

• Reply EB Finds September 8, 2009 at 9:46 pm

The treasures that Etsy holds never cease to amaze me!
    .-= EB Finds´s last blog ..Wiggin’ Out =-.

• Reply Myriam September 8, 2009 at 10:05 pm

I have never been more impressed with crochet before. Ella Lamb looks to be one I will follow for sure! Like Tricia commented, something so familiar about her work. Thanks for sharing!
    .-= Myriam´s last blog ..Accent with Linen Napkins =-.

• Reply Sarah September 8, 2009 at 10:32 pm

Just curious- I’m dying to find a lovely design magazine to subscribe to, are there any you’re loving at the moment?
    .-= Sarah´s last blog ..Last Peek. =-.

• Reply decor8 September 9, 2009 at 2:56 am

Sarah – Here is my reading list:

Australia – Real Living, Inside Out, Notebook, Frankie
      Germany – Living & More, Living At Home, Luna (kids)
      The Netherlands – 1001 Wohnideen
      England – LivingEtc, Elle Decoration, Selvedge

And then there are some from Sweden and Denmark that I read at times. Also Milk (for kids) in France. :)

• Reply Cristin September 8, 2009 at 11:56 pm

Great post! love the dolls and furniture.

.-= Cristin´s last blog ..Parlor Design – Exquisite Transitional NYC Townhouse =-.

• Reply juliette September 9, 2009 at 1:37 am

I’m loving the furniture feature! Please do more – I think this is so interesting and something people often forget they can find on Etsy.

btw- i read the summaries and liked them =) But I do think this will help you zip along a little more!
    .-= juliette´s last blog ..Another tutu lamp spotting! =-.

• Reply steph September 9, 2009 at 2:20 am

I’m so excited to see Devons art on here! i love your blog and have a lot of Devons work already, its so cool to see someone from my tiny part of the world featured on such an amazing blog!!

• Reply emma lamb September 9, 2009 at 2:21 am

oh my, thank you so much Holly!
    i admire all your blogs very much and i’m almost giddy with excitement to see that you’ve picked out my ‘granny chic’ goodies for this post today… :)
    i’m loving your other selections too, especially HarBenger Duo’s furniture pieces… as you said the nightstand is especially sweet!
    have a fabulous day,
    .-= emma lamb´s last blog ..colour your monday happy… =-.

• Reply Bess September 9, 2009 at 3:19 am

Hi Holly,

I just wanted to say thanks so much for featuring my shop today, what an amazing surprise!! I’m a big fan of decor8 and am always inspired by your posts, so it really does mean a lot to me to see my dolls on here, very exciting!! Bess x
    .-= Bess´s last blog ..Flying The Flag =-.

• Reply Petra :-) September 9, 2009 at 3:35 am

*love Emma Lamb´s work :-) very cool especially the pillows!
    .-= Petra :-)´s last blog the fashion show :-) =-.

• Reply samiya September 9, 2009 at 5:35 am

absolutely love the brettisagirl photos.. they are gorgeous.. :)
    .-= samiya´s last blog ..Welcome Home =-.

• Reply Carrie @ CarrieCan September 9, 2009 at 6:20 am

Some great finds Holly but I especially love the last one, the furniture. It’s both elegant and simple at the same time. I’m just a bit worried to hop over to Etsy to see how much it costs ;-)
    .-= Carrie @ CarrieCan´s last blog ..Modern wisdoms =-.

• Reply sarah September 9, 2009 at 8:19 am

Thank you! I will start investigating those :)
    .-= sarah´s last blog ..Last Peek. =-.

• Reply Inga September 9, 2009 at 8:52 am

Glad Etsy Tuesdays are back, it’s one of my favourites! I actually liked your opinion about the artists and their work very much, but images speak for themselves as well, so I’ll survive :p

• Reply Juana September 9, 2009 at 8:53 am

The illustrations are just gorgeous. Great that we have etsy to allow us to acquire a piece of those talents! :) I still get amazed with the wonderful things you find in etsy!

• Reply Petergaye S. Kisielewicz September 9, 2009 at 10:37 am

Love the illustration . Love the mix.
    .-= Petergaye S. Kisielewicz´s last blog ..Bailey Doesn’t Bark =-.

• Reply LethaColleen September 9, 2009 at 2:53 pm

I loved all of these — especially Emma’s work — all so beautiful and inspiring!
    .-= LethaColleen´s last blog ..…and another thing! =-.

• Reply Kate September 9, 2009 at 2:53 pm

I am really curious about this whole doll trend going on. All of a sudden I am seeing these dolls and doll-like illustrations all over the place… and by place I mean Etsy and the blogosphere. Dolls everywhere! I wonder why so many are suddenly being drawn to them? Maybe they are taking over? hehe

• Reply sara September 9, 2009 at 5:20 pm

The textures in Brettisagirl’s sketches are amazing! Hair is one of the most maddening things to draw…
    .-= sara´s last blog ..minutae madness. =-.

• Reply Devon September 9, 2009 at 8:19 pm

Thanks so much for featuring my store/art! I’m always so inspired by your blog so it’s a real honor, and was a fantastic surprise to wake up to.

• Reply Afi September 9, 2009 at 9:33 pm

They are all wonderful! I especially love the crochet shop! I don’t know how to crochet and I’m impressed whenever I see someone is so good at it :)
    .-= Afi´s last blog ..My little garden =-.

• Reply Zarnigar September 10, 2009 at 3:11 am

really nice collection …… m really impressed with your furniture pieces flawless paintings and mind blowing doollls…….. such an awesome collection …………

• Reply Manuela September 10, 2009 at 5:53 am

What a grea selection! Thanks for sharing them!
    .-= Manuela´s last blog ..Bambù n°5 =-.

• Reply pouch September 10, 2009 at 10:29 am

wonderful selection, I particularly like the Emma Lamb’s work, not least because she’s from the UK. I new favourite shop for sure!

• Reply MissMomo September 11, 2009 at 4:18 am

I love Emma Lamb’s crochet too !!!!
    .-= MissMomo´s last blog ..Tinytoadstool + MisakoMimoko =-.

• Reply Tif September 11, 2009 at 7:50 pm

how fabulous to see emma lamb’s crocheted goodness on your etsy-take-five-tuesday feature…
    being the proud ‘granny chic’ owner of several items she has beautifully crafted, it does not suprise me to see her on decor8 :)
    what a great selection of etsy talent!
    .-= Tif´s last blog ..a crafting epiphany… =-.

• Reply Caitlin September 12, 2009 at 9:28 pm

Hi Holly! I love your Etsy picks this week. I have a vague memory of a post you did of your favorite Etsy shops for getting crafts supplies, ribbons, etc. I can’t find it in the archives, though. Did I totally make that up? If not, do you happen to know which post that was? Thanks!

.-= Caitlin´s last blog ..A Quotation and a Poem =-.

• Reply Penny Patten September 13, 2009 at 7:19 pm

Really like the drawings from Brettisagirl, The dolls by Beeb , and Deer Face.
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..Chook’s (Aussie for Chickens) =-.

• Reply The Print Tree October 7, 2009 at 3:38 pm

Absolutely love the furniture by HarBenger Duo fab picks!