Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Well what do you know… Etsy Take Five Tuesday is back! To kick things off, I’ve rounded up an eclectic mix featuring a few of my current favorite shops. Next week I’ll be back again with more and before you know, Miss Holly here will be back on schedule just like old times before I relocated. Feels good to get back into a routine again, I’ve missed it. I’ve decided that I won’t be writing much of a summary for my finds going forward since most of you don’t really read them anyway (most tell me you scan to see my finds and the shop name/link). Instead I’ll place links to all of the known spots online where you can find out more about the artist/maker and their work, including their etsy store link (well, of course). I hope you don’t mind and most importantly, that you find this slight modification to this column a bit more helpful. Okay, so are you ready for my picks? Here ya go…

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Emma Lamb: {etsy} {blog} {flickr}

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Brett Manning, aka Brettisagirl: {etsy} {website} {red bubble} {flickr} {blurb} {blog} {mysoti} {zazzle}

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Deer Face, Devon Smith: {etsy} {flickr} {blog}

Etsy Take Five Tuesdays

Beeb Design: {etsy} {blog}

Etsy Take Five Tuesdays

HarBenger Duo: {etsy}

I hope that you enjoyed my mix this week! :) I’m loving them all and I can’t stop checking out those legs on that nightstand above — sweet.

(images linked to their sources above)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts, etsy, furniture on September 08, 2009

1. Stephanie Fizer commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 4:20pm

really gorgeous picks this time, Holly :) I’m really digging the illustrations from Brettisagirl, they are just amazing!

2. Pravina commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 4:24pm

hooray for take five tuesdays! i love those little dolls from beeb.
    .-= Pravina´s last blog ..PARA—Zippered pouch =-.

3. Rita Vindedzis commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 4:29pm

Yay!! Etsy Take Five Tuesdays is one of my faves from your blog. I really like the modification you’ve made. Eye candy and links. Perfect!!
    .-= Rita Vindedzis´s last blog ..Urban Inspirations =-.

4. Preeti commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 4:32pm

Love your pics and decor sense. Following all your blogs actually.:)
    .-= Preeti´s last blog ..Paneer Kali Mirch =-.

5. Tricia McKellar commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 4:39pm

I love Emma Lamb’s crochet! So fresh yet familiar… :)
    .-= Tricia McKellar´s last blog ..Many and One (Birds), 5×5 Fine Art Photograph by Tricia McKellar, Modern Photograph with Vintage Look =-.

6. Jennifer commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 4:42pm

I love the work done by the HarBenger Duo and that’s so awesome that they are in Houston!!
    .-= Jennifer´s last blog ..Chie Mihara Kubik =-.

7. pamela davis commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 4:55pm

Great picks! I especially love the Emma Lamb stuff. As a crocheter myself I love to see the work other people are doing. Thanks for sharing!
    .-= pamela davis´s last blog ..Northern Lights Brooch =-.

8. Juliet commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 5:13pm

Holly, I like the new format. Ought to simplify things for you, too!
    .-= Juliet´s last blog ..Can’t Wait For Fall =-.

9. Cheryl commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 5:35pm

you need to do what you need to do to maintain your enthusiasm for your work, Holly — breaking from the routine can create sparks elsewhere.

10. nan lawson commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 5:35pm

i missed this so much! thanks for introducing me to some wonderful artists!
    .-= nan lawson´s last blog ..Venice Beach VW Bus – Pen and Ink Illustration – 8 x 10 – Print =-.

11. Shanon commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 5:43pm

Really great finds Holly! I’ve missed these, so I’m looking forward to them once more. =)
    .-= Shanon´s last blog ..{Prize} =-.

12. Pixel Wild Child commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 5:58pm

Great collection! I especially like the work of the two illustrators and the dolls, they are su cute!
    .-= Pixel Wild Child´s last blog ..Having a Bad Hair Day? Make the most out it! ;O) =-.

13. Karen commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 6:10pm

I love the cushions! They’re like giant hacky sacks =)
    .-= Karen´s last blog ..Fall Fashion Extravaganza =-.

14. laura trevey commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 6:12pm

lovely sleek furniture…
    .-= laura trevey´s last blog ..Bold Lip Color =-.

15. Heidi Alamanda commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 6:32pm

I love your picks. I love the illustration. So beautiful.
    The crochet is gorgeous.
    .-= Heidi Alamanda´s last blog ..Is this eucalyptus? =-.

16. Natascha commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 6:33pm

Great post. I especially like the items from HarBerger. The pieces are great!
    .-= Natascha´s last blog ..Romantic yet funky loft – As seen on Apartment Therapy =-.

17. Diana commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 6:47pm

Fantastic picks – you’ve sure come back to this series with a bang! I did like hearing a little about why you picked the artists but this is fab too. Very simple and the pictures do speak for themselves!
    .-= Diana´s last blog ..Playing with Adjustment Layers =-.

18. Deanna commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 8:16pm

How I’ve missed Take 5 Tuesdays! Great selection as always! :)
    .-= Deanna´s last blog .."Blueberries for Breakfast" 20 x 30 =-.

19. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 9:00pm

SO in love with Emma lamb’s work and thank you for the intro to deer face and harbenger duo….just wonderful! Thanks hun!
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Cheap & Chic: inspired by art on etsy =-.

20. Jacqueline commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 9:07pm

These are such gorgeous shop! I adore Brettisagirl’s art work! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!
    .-= Jacqueline´s last blog ..i heart mail. yes i do. =-.

21. lindsay commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 9:33pm

What a talented group this week! Digging the new format too.
    .-= lindsay´s last blog ..The Mini Me. =-.

22. EB Finds commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 9:46pm

The treasures that Etsy holds never cease to amaze me!
    .-= EB Finds´s last blog ..Wiggin’ Out =-.

23. Myriam commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 10:05pm

I have never been more impressed with crochet before. Ella Lamb looks to be one I will follow for sure! Like Tricia commented, something so familiar about her work. Thanks for sharing!
    .-= Myriam´s last blog ..Accent with Linen Napkins =-.

24. Sarah commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 10:32pm

Lovely!

Just curious- I’m dying to find a lovely design magazine to subscribe to, are there any you’re loving at the moment?
    .-= Sarah´s last blog ..Last Peek. =-.

25. Cristin commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 11:56pm

Great post! love the dolls and furniture.

xo,
    cristin
    .-= Cristin´s last blog ..Parlor Design – Exquisite Transitional NYC Townhouse =-.

26. juliette commented
    September 9th, 2009 at 1:37am

I’m loving the furniture feature! Please do more – I think this is so interesting and something people often forget they can find on Etsy.

btw- i read the summaries and liked them =) But I do think this will help you zip along a little more!
    .-= juliette´s last blog ..Another tutu lamp spotting! =-.

27. steph commented
    September 9th, 2009 at 2:20am

I’m so excited to see Devons art on here! i love your blog and have a lot of Devons work already, its so cool to see someone from my tiny part of the world featured on such an amazing blog!!

28. emma lamb commented
    September 9th, 2009 at 2:21am

oh my, thank you so much Holly!
    i admire all your blogs very much and i’m almost giddy with excitement to see that you’ve picked out my ‘granny chic’ goodies for this post today… :)
    i’m loving your other selections too, especially HarBenger Duo’s furniture pieces… as you said the nightstand is especially sweet!
    have a fabulous day,
    emma
    x
    .-= emma lamb´s last blog ..colour your monday happy… =-.

29. decor8 commented
    September 9th, 2009 at 2:56am

Sarah – Here is my reading list:

Australia – Real Living, Inside Out, Notebook, Frankie
    Germany – Living & More, Living At Home, Luna (kids)
    The Netherlands – 1001 Wohnideen
    England – LivingEtc, Elle Decoration, Selvedge

And then there are some from Sweden and Denmark that I read at times. Also Milk (for kids) in France. :)

30. Bess commented
    September 9th, 2009 at 3:19am

Hi Holly,

I just wanted to say thanks so much for featuring my shop today, what an amazing surprise!! I’m a big fan of decor8 and am always inspired by your posts, so it really does mean a lot to me to see my dolls on here, very exciting!! Bess x
    .-= Bess´s last blog ..Flying The Flag =-.

31. Petra :-) commented
    September 9th, 2009 at 3:35am

*love Emma Lamb´s work :-) very cool especially the pillows!
    .-= Petra :-)´s last blog ..today: the fashion show :-) =-.

32. samiya commented
    September 9th, 2009 at 5:35am

absolutely love the brettisagirl photos.. they are gorgeous.. :)
    .-= samiya´s last blog ..Welcome Home =-.

33. Carrie @ CarrieCan commented
    September 9th, 2009 at 6:20am

Some great finds Holly but I especially love the last one, the furniture. It’s both elegant and simple at the same time. I’m just a bit worried to hop over to Etsy to see how much it costs ;-)
    .-= Carrie @ CarrieCan´s last blog ..Modern wisdoms =-.

34. sarah commented
    September 9th, 2009 at 8:19am

Thank you! I will start investigating those :)
    .-= sarah´s last blog ..Last Peek. =-.

35. Inga commented
    September 9th, 2009 at 8:52am

Glad Etsy Tuesdays are back, it’s one of my favourites! I actually liked your opinion about the artists and their work very much, but images speak for themselves as well, so I’ll survive :p

36. Juana commented
    September 9th, 2009 at 8:53am

The illustrations are just gorgeous. Great that we have etsy to allow us to acquire a piece of those talents! :) I still get amazed with the wonderful things you find in etsy!

37. Petergaye S. Kisielewicz commented
    September 9th, 2009 at 10:37am

Love the illustration . Love the mix.
    .-= Petergaye S. Kisielewicz´s last blog ..Bailey Doesn’t Bark =-.

38. LethaColleen commented
    September 9th, 2009 at 2:53pm

I loved all of these — especially Emma’s work — all so beautiful and inspiring!
    .-= LethaColleen´s last blog ..…and another thing! =-.

39. Kate commented
    September 9th, 2009 at 2:53pm

I am really curious about this whole doll trend going on. All of a sudden I am seeing these dolls and doll-like illustrations all over the place… and by place I mean Etsy and the blogosphere. Dolls everywhere! I wonder why so many are suddenly being drawn to them? Maybe they are taking over? hehe

40. sara commented
    September 9th, 2009 at 5:20pm

The textures in Brettisagirl’s sketches are amazing! Hair is one of the most maddening things to draw…
    .-= sara´s last blog ..minutae madness. =-.

41. Devon commented
    September 9th, 2009 at 8:19pm

Thanks so much for featuring my store/art! I’m always so inspired by your blog so it’s a real honor, and was a fantastic surprise to wake up to.

xx

42. Afi commented
    September 9th, 2009 at 9:33pm

They are all wonderful! I especially love the crochet shop! I don’t know how to crochet and I’m impressed whenever I see someone is so good at it :)
    .-= Afi´s last blog ..My little garden =-.

43. Zarnigar commented
    September 10th, 2009 at 3:11am

really nice collection …… m really impressed with your furniture pieces flawless paintings and mind blowing doollls…….. such an awesome collection …………

44. Manuela commented
    September 10th, 2009 at 5:53am

What a grea selection! Thanks for sharing them!
    .-= Manuela´s last blog ..Bambù n°5 =-.

45. pouch commented
    September 10th, 2009 at 10:29am

wonderful selection, I particularly like the Emma Lamb’s work, not least because she’s from the UK. I new favourite shop for sure!

46. MissMomo commented
    September 11th, 2009 at 4:18am

I love Emma Lamb’s crochet too !!!!
    .-= MissMomo´s last blog ..Tinytoadstool + MisakoMimoko =-.

47. Tif commented
    September 11th, 2009 at 7:50pm

how fabulous to see emma lamb’s crocheted goodness on your etsy-take-five-tuesday feature…
    being the proud ‘granny chic’ owner of several items she has beautifully crafted, it does not suprise me to see her on decor8 :)
    what a great selection of etsy talent!
    .-= Tif´s last blog ..a crafting epiphany… =-.

48. Caitlin commented
    September 12th, 2009 at 9:28pm

Hi Holly! I love your Etsy picks this week. I have a vague memory of a post you did of your favorite Etsy shops for getting crafts supplies, ribbons, etc. I can’t find it in the archives, though. Did I totally make that up? If not, do you happen to know which post that was? Thanks!

Caitlin
    .-= Caitlin´s last blog ..A Quotation and a Poem =-.

49. Penny Patten commented
    September 13th, 2009 at 7:19pm

Really like the drawings from Brettisagirl, The dolls by Beeb , and Deer Face.
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..Chook’s (Aussie for Chickens) =-.

50. The Print Tree commented
    October 7th, 2009 at 3:38pm

Absolutely love the furniture by HarBenger Duo fab picks!
    Susan