Tiny Paris Apartment

Would you like to tour a sweet little apartment in Paris with me today? No you say? Yeah, right. I know you, I had you hooked at tour. Or was it Paris? :) Either way, let’s go visit the city of lights, or in this case, the apartment of lights… Elodie, who authors the sweet blog la mechante, invited me to share photos her home here today and I couldn’t refuse as I think it’s darling and a total inspiration for those living in a small space (like me!). Elodie is a designer/interior architect and a photographer and lives in a 26m² flat, which is roughly 279 square feet – yeah, that’s little living!

Tiny Paris Apartment

Tiny Paris Apartment

Tiny Paris Apartment

Tiny Paris Apartment

Tiny Paris Apartment

Look at all of her books and nooks, this place is packed with stuff but so cozy and charming though a minimalist may go a bit bonkers with all this stuff around. But Elodie likes it quite a bit and has made her life in this place surrounded by the things that she loves and with what inspires her to life a happy life. And that’s the point: we should live however we’d like just so long as it supports us personally.

This is but a glimpse of her magical world, to see more click here (including her kitchenette). Thank you so much Elodie for sharing your home with us today!

(images: elodie at la mechante)

Posted by decor8 in Home Tours on October 27, 2009

1. Laura Evans commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 6:54am

The apartment is gorgeous … my husband would hate it but i would love it! I love the books, the lights the everything!
    .-= Laura Evans´s last blog ..tree trunk – 8×8 original fine art photographic print =-.

2. Christine commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 7:06am

Oh wow, she did a great job with a tiny little space. Love the twinkly lights

3. lulubrownskin commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 7:19am

Oh this is pure Interiors LOVE – I absolutely adore creative people – it is so SO so inspiring!

4. Passementerie commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 7:32am

I love the bed nook & the details like the floral Thermos are adorable. Not sure I could share such a small space with 2 cats though!
    .-= Passementerie´s last blog ..Autumn Adornments =-.

5. Carolyn commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 7:32am

This place is so adorable; I, too, live in a small Parisian apartment, and trust me, it doesn’t look nearly as cozy as this. Elodie, it’s beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

6. Rosa commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 7:39am

How lovely, it’s so great to see the most tiny and cute apartments! Love the creativity of the owners…

Love,
    Rosa

7. Bridgett commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 7:46am

Small and cozy. Some days I wish we would downsize, I know that must sound horrible, to make things more cozy and charming. But I must know where oh where did she get her white office chair? I’m in the market for one and that would be perfect! Even a name would suffice. C’est parfait!

8. lauren nicole love commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 7:48am

wow i am incredibly jealous. this is beautiful. i WANT it all.

9. decor8 commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 7:49am

Bridgett – The chair looks like the IKEA Skruvsta chair…. I think!

10. laura commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 7:53am

adorable space!

11. Sallie Ann commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 7:59am

This is a little jewel box. So young and inspiring and comfortable.

12. queta commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 8:07am

Lovely apartment, I lived in a tiny one and it wasn’t as beautiful as this…
    .-= queta´s last blog ..¡Más galletas! =-.

13. Izzy commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 8:07am

I like the lanterns but the rest is just too full & cramped for my taste. Just looking at it makes me claustrophobic…

14. La méchante commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 8:10am

Hi everybody

Thanks for those kind words about my little home sweet home, and huge thank you to Holly for that great post about my flat, I’m truely honoured.

I live there with my two cats and my fiancé (yes there’s a man living here !) and we have a happy life :)

@Bridgett : I totally agree with you, a small place is sometimes better cause it’s more cosy. But I must admit, I would be very happy to have just another room !

For those who want to know where I bought my furnitures, everything is from ikea (except the wood table and chairs), including the office chair (Skruvsta).

15. Federica commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 8:24am

Oh wow! It’s amazing! I love her blog!
    .-= Federica´s last blog ..Tina Tornquist =-.

16. anke commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 8:27am

It’s lovely! I think it works because her “clutter” is so organised and so pretty.
    It’s so cosy and wonderful.
    .-= anke´s last blog ..Bang Art Magazine / Horoscope #4 =-.

17. megmanionsilliker commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 8:35am

oh i will take tiny in paris any day of the week! great use of space and oh so cosy. what a personality reflected throughout!!
    .-= megmanionsilliker´s last blog ..a lime slice: [j.]muse =-.

18. beth gunnell commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 8:48am

certainly is cosy and charming. I’ve be very happy living there I reckon! Love the use of the paper lanterns.
    .-= beth gunnell´s last blog ..Storytime…. Little Red Riding Hood =-.

19. deltadawn commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 8:52am

And what she says in the article is… she’s sharing the apartment with two cats AND a boyfriend!

20. Eileen commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 8:57am

I was just in Paris and my husband and I always look in the estate agents’ windows at the small apartments and what we would do with them. I could well and truly imagine myself living in this one. So cozy.
    .-= Eileen´s last blog ..September 18-19, 2009 =-.

21. Cookie Cutter commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 9:04am

Thank you for sharing on small spaces! This is a constant problem I face over here. I often swoon over gorgeous interior pics but find difficulty in translating the inspiration because my apartment is so small compared to the huge houses often covered! I keep wishing for bigger spaces but it’s near impossible here. This post gives hope! And she does it all so beautifully and with so much character!
    .-= Cookie Cutter´s last blog ..Afternoon Tea =-.

22. Simona commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 9:50am

Nice atmosphere going through the whole furnishing – I think one must be an artist to be able to create such a nice home.

23. Bridgett commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 10:01am

Thank you, I found it. Adding it to my Christmas list. :-)

24. Heleno Suassuna commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 10:20am

TRÈS JOLIE ET CHARMANT! PARIS….

25. sunny commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 10:48am

adorable!!!!

so cute. love all the little areas clearly defined. well done!!!
    .-= sunny´s last blog ..color contest inspiration =-.

26. Faith commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 10:56am

I would pay everything i have for this place. I love small places. and also paris? ahhh that’s a dream.

27. jimmy commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 10:57am

almost everything in that apartment is from ikea

28. vicki ann commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 11:01am

wonderful!

29. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 11:20am

How lovely, warm and magical! So inspirational, what you can do within a tiny space. Make it a home! :)
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Cheap & Chic: inspired by awesome style… =-.

30. tiffany commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 11:28am

Wow! How gorgeous is that! I love everything about it.
    .-= tiffany´s last blog ..wild things =-.

31. Leigh commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 11:49am

Absolutely adorable, and with the space she really utilizes it well, I would stay there in a heartbeat :)

32. Cathie commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 1:36pm

Wow I thought NYC apartments were small, but she makes it work.
    .-= Cathie´s last blog ..etsy: vintage bags =-.

33. vadjutka commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 1:46pm

wow, how brilliant little flat is this! I live in 32 square meters – and I do appreciate every idea of making more space :-)
    .-= vadjutka´s last blog ..Five O’clock Tea – necklace made of fabric, vintage lace and brass filigrees on brass chain =-.

34. monica from hola!design commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 1:52pm

it’s adorable! but I wouldn’t live in such a tiny space. wait! it’s in paris, right? oh,well! I’d move in a minute, then!
    .-= monica from hola!design´s last blog ..Fall is here ( it has been for a while already) =-.

35. Marilyn commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 2:18pm

I have stared at every single photo in this post. Gorgeous! It makes me miss living alone, the boyfriend may not be as into it as I am. :)
    .-= Marilyn´s last blog ..Needle Felting Class =-.

36. kristen commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 2:50pm

ahhh I love this apartment! I hope you don’t mind, I posted a link to it over from my blog. love the clearly defined sections & twinkle lights. ah parisians <3
    .-= kristen´s last blog ..petit Paris apartment =-.

37. Sara commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 3:28pm

I am in LOVE with this apartment! The space, the decor, the room dividing, the light, the furniture, the cats!! It’s so cozy!

38. A Sort Of Fairy Tale commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 4:25pm

tiny, but very very charming…thanks for sharing!
    .-= A Sort Of Fairy Tale´s last blog .."Luscious Little Cottage", "Fish Camp", and More! Jane Coslick Designs and Restorations =-.

39. Sonja commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 4:58pm

Beautiful! I absolutely love paper lamps, she uses them gorgeously.

I also have that white bubble chair from Ikea! It’s great to see “my” chair in such a gorgeous setting :)

40. tula commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 5:08pm

OMG. OMG. OMG.

41. vicki (simply hue) commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 5:34pm

Her home looks so cheerful and cozy! When my husband and I move in a couple of years (we want to downsize) I want to decorate it like this. Very inspiring. :)
    .-= vicki (simply hue)´s last blog ..Color Scheme ~ Orange and Blue =-.

42. vanessa commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 7:16pm

Love the apartment! looks so cozy!

43. Karen commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 9:53pm

So beautiful – I love the lanterns!!

44. neha bhat commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 11:49pm

its gorgeous!!! :) :)

45. Emilia commented
    October 28th, 2009 at 3:03am

Oooooh… Me like!
    My place is just as small and I love what she has done with her place. Very inspiring. Yes, it is packed with “stuff”, but what can you do until you find something bigger? Throw everything away? Of course not, you do the best you can, with what you have, right? Right! Love this, thankyou!

46. Rowena commented
    October 28th, 2009 at 3:55am

That is sooo cute! I love it!

47. Penny Patten commented
    October 28th, 2009 at 7:48am

Wow!, That’a a lot in a tiny space, but does look cozy!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..New England Bloggers Mixer =-.

48. laurel commented
    October 28th, 2009 at 3:54pm

The colors, the lights, the books, the flamingos! What is not to love? Adorable!

49. Desiree Fawn commented
    October 28th, 2009 at 5:05pm

Oh wow, for such a small place it’s so cohesive and organized — I don’t feel like it’s as cramped or distracting as you’d imagine it to be!
    Fabulous space!!
    .-= Desiree Fawn´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday (My Doe Eyed Fawn) =-.

50. Steph commented
    October 28th, 2009 at 11:15pm

This is so beautiful!

x

51. nadine commented
    October 29th, 2009 at 1:07am

So tiny, so cute, so cozy and so many books! It’s amazing what she did.

52. Amanda commented
    October 29th, 2009 at 2:01am

What a cozy but still bright and fun space! It’s so inviting yet oh so tiny!
    .-= Amanda´s last blog ..Wednesday Night Photos =-.

53. hailey commented
    October 29th, 2009 at 11:52am

this is so so lovely! my sister is in paris right now. as if i’m not jealous enough already.
    i love it! such a great design for such a small place.

54. Chelsea commented
    October 29th, 2009 at 12:09pm

This is a truly creative apartment! It is really inspiring to try to improve my design skills because they are certainly lacking!

55. dany commented
    October 29th, 2009 at 12:40pm

LOVE THE LANTERNS!! good job fixing a tiny space!!

56. lovelyvelo commented
    October 29th, 2009 at 2:25pm

the flamingo wallpaper is wonderful!
    .-= lovelyvelo´s last blog ..{pink thursday…} =-.

57. Su commented
    October 29th, 2009 at 4:15pm

Elodie could come and work her magic on my flat in the UK any time she likes!

58. vanessa joie commented
    October 29th, 2009 at 10:00pm

Oh wow… I’m totally a cheese ball but these photos made my heart skip a beat because this is the dream in my head – tiny flat, in Paris, lots of twinkle lights… perfection.
    .-= vanessa joie´s last blog ..Little Soldier Girl =-.

59. Carrie @ CarrieCan commented
    November 2nd, 2009 at 9:05am

That’s the cutest little apartment ever!
    .-= Carrie @ CarrieCan´s last blog ..The office: Facebook =-.

60. Kim B. commented
    November 6th, 2009 at 2:52pm

This makes me so sad . . . I too live in a tiny Parisian apartment, but mine (with my husband) is a junkpit, not a place of beauty. I love that she has been able to keep things that are meaningful to her and not make the place too cold and streamlined. Oh if only I could make my husband throw a few thousand old t-shirts and sheets away . . . .

61. Cat Sitter in the City commented
    November 16th, 2009 at 9:54am

What a wonderful little home. I would love living here. I see the kitties enjoy it!
    .-= Cat Sitter in the City´s last blog ..This Birthday Cake Is The Cat’s Meow! =-.

62. Lucile commented
    December 11th, 2009 at 6:16pm

très jolie!
    très chic!
    le plus belle maison que j’ai jamais vu à Paris!

63. idealpinkrose commented
    March 11th, 2010 at 7:19am

Wow~ I like her flat. It’s cozy and nice. It looks great with her colorful stuffs.
    .-= idealpinkrose´s last blog ..Busy or Lazy? Whatever! =-.

64. Aishwarya commented
    March 28th, 2010 at 11:27am

wow this is sumthin that i wud love to live in ..beautiful place..love it

65. Deb commented
    April 5th, 2010 at 7:05pm

Hi,

Just wondering where your kitchen is?

66. Martha commented
    April 7th, 2010 at 7:30am

I love it! I was looking for a way to bring more light into my *tiny* apartment and a friend pointed me to this post. I have a toddler, so I couldn’t do all the books out, but I have that many if not more books, so I am inspired for one day when grabby hands aren’t pulling all the time.

67. Hannah commented
    June 13th, 2010 at 3:48pm

This is simply adorable. If I ever get a small apartment, I’ll definitely try to make it as sweet and sophisticated at this. :D

68. Anton commented
    July 7th, 2010 at 1:48pm

Ahhh very Parisian – I love the wall art stickers of the little aliens.
    Anton´s last blog post ..Shopping in Paris

69. Joni commented
    August 9th, 2010 at 1:44pm

I’m in loveeee. now I wanna change my house into SMALL!

70. Lisa McGee commented
    April 8th, 2011 at 6:11pm

Charming- love her colours.