Home Tours

Tiny Paris Apartment

October 27, 2009

Would you like to tour a sweet little apartment in Paris with me today? No you say? Yeah, right. I know you, I had you hooked at tour. Or was it Paris? :) Either way, let’s go visit the city of lights, or in this case, the apartment of lights… Elodie, who authors the sweet blog la mechante, invited me to share photos her home here today and I couldn’t refuse as I think it’s darling and a total inspiration for those living in a small space (like me!). Elodie is a designer/interior architect and a photographer and lives in a 26m² flat, which is roughly 279 square feet – yeah, that’s little living!

Tiny Paris Apartment

Tiny Paris Apartment

Tiny Paris Apartment

Tiny Paris Apartment

Tiny Paris Apartment

Look at all of her books and nooks, this place is packed with stuff but so cozy and charming though a minimalist may go a bit bonkers with all this stuff around. But Elodie likes it quite a bit and has made her life in this place surrounded by the things that she loves and with what inspires her to life a happy life. And that’s the point: we should live however we’d like just so long as it supports us personally.

This is but a glimpse of her magical world, to see more click here (including her kitchenette). Thank you so much Elodie for sharing your home with us today!

(images: elodie at la mechante)

You Might Also Like

70 Comments

• Reply Laura Evans October 27, 2009 at 6:54 am

The apartment is gorgeous … my husband would hate it but i would love it! I love the books, the lights the everything!
    .-= Laura Evans´s last blog ..tree trunk – 8×8 original fine art photographic print =-.

• Reply Christine October 27, 2009 at 7:06 am

Oh wow, she did a great job with a tiny little space. Love the twinkly lights

• Reply lulubrownskin October 27, 2009 at 7:19 am

Oh this is pure Interiors LOVE – I absolutely adore creative people – it is so SO so inspiring!

• Reply Passementerie October 27, 2009 at 7:32 am

I love the bed nook & the details like the floral Thermos are adorable. Not sure I could share such a small space with 2 cats though!
    .-= Passementerie´s last blog ..Autumn Adornments =-.

• Reply Carolyn October 27, 2009 at 7:32 am

This place is so adorable; I, too, live in a small Parisian apartment, and trust me, it doesn’t look nearly as cozy as this. Elodie, it’s beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Rosa October 27, 2009 at 7:39 am

How lovely, it’s so great to see the most tiny and cute apartments! Love the creativity of the owners…

Love,
    Rosa

• Reply Bridgett October 27, 2009 at 7:46 am

Small and cozy. Some days I wish we would downsize, I know that must sound horrible, to make things more cozy and charming. But I must know where oh where did she get her white office chair? I’m in the market for one and that would be perfect! Even a name would suffice. C’est parfait!

• Reply decor8 October 27, 2009 at 7:49 am

Bridgett – The chair looks like the IKEA Skruvsta chair…. I think!

• Reply lauren nicole love October 27, 2009 at 7:48 am

wow i am incredibly jealous. this is beautiful. i WANT it all.

• Reply laura October 27, 2009 at 7:53 am

adorable space!

• Reply Sallie Ann October 27, 2009 at 7:59 am

This is a little jewel box. So young and inspiring and comfortable.

• Reply queta October 27, 2009 at 8:07 am

Lovely apartment, I lived in a tiny one and it wasn’t as beautiful as this…
    .-= queta´s last blog ..¡Más galletas! =-.

• Reply Izzy October 27, 2009 at 8:07 am

I like the lanterns but the rest is just too full & cramped for my taste. Just looking at it makes me claustrophobic…

• Reply La méchante October 27, 2009 at 8:10 am

Hi everybody

Thanks for those kind words about my little home sweet home, and huge thank you to Holly for that great post about my flat, I’m truely honoured.

I live there with my two cats and my fiancé (yes there’s a man living here !) and we have a happy life :)

@Bridgett : I totally agree with you, a small place is sometimes better cause it’s more cosy. But I must admit, I would be very happy to have just another room !

For those who want to know where I bought my furnitures, everything is from ikea (except the wood table and chairs), including the office chair (Skruvsta).

• Reply Federica October 27, 2009 at 8:24 am

Oh wow! It’s amazing! I love her blog!
    .-= Federica´s last blog ..Tina Tornquist =-.

• Reply anke October 27, 2009 at 8:27 am

It’s lovely! I think it works because her “clutter” is so organised and so pretty.
    It’s so cosy and wonderful.
    .-= anke´s last blog ..Bang Art Magazine / Horoscope #4 =-.

• Reply megmanionsilliker October 27, 2009 at 8:35 am

oh i will take tiny in paris any day of the week! great use of space and oh so cosy. what a personality reflected throughout!!
    .-= megmanionsilliker´s last blog ..a lime slice: [j.]muse =-.

• Reply beth gunnell October 27, 2009 at 8:48 am

certainly is cosy and charming. I’ve be very happy living there I reckon! Love the use of the paper lanterns.
    .-= beth gunnell´s last blog ..Storytime…. Little Red Riding Hood =-.

• Reply deltadawn October 27, 2009 at 8:52 am

And what she says in the article is… she’s sharing the apartment with two cats AND a boyfriend!

• Reply Eileen October 27, 2009 at 8:57 am

I was just in Paris and my husband and I always look in the estate agents’ windows at the small apartments and what we would do with them. I could well and truly imagine myself living in this one. So cozy.
    .-= Eileen´s last blog ..September 18-19, 2009 =-.

• Reply Cookie Cutter October 27, 2009 at 9:04 am

Thank you for sharing on small spaces! This is a constant problem I face over here. I often swoon over gorgeous interior pics but find difficulty in translating the inspiration because my apartment is so small compared to the huge houses often covered! I keep wishing for bigger spaces but it’s near impossible here. This post gives hope! And she does it all so beautifully and with so much character!
    .-= Cookie Cutter´s last blog ..Afternoon Tea =-.

• Reply Simona October 27, 2009 at 9:50 am

Nice atmosphere going through the whole furnishing – I think one must be an artist to be able to create such a nice home.

• Reply Bridgett October 27, 2009 at 10:01 am

Thank you, I found it. Adding it to my Christmas list. :-)

• Reply Heleno Suassuna October 27, 2009 at 10:20 am

TRÈS JOLIE ET CHARMANT! PARIS….

• Reply sunny October 27, 2009 at 10:48 am

adorable!!!!

so cute. love all the little areas clearly defined. well done!!!
    .-= sunny´s last blog ..color contest inspiration =-.

• Reply Faith October 27, 2009 at 10:56 am

I would pay everything i have for this place. I love small places. and also paris? ahhh that’s a dream.

• Reply jimmy October 27, 2009 at 10:57 am

almost everything in that apartment is from ikea

• Reply vicki ann October 27, 2009 at 11:01 am

wonderful!

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente October 27, 2009 at 11:20 am

How lovely, warm and magical! So inspirational, what you can do within a tiny space. Make it a home! :)
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Cheap & Chic: inspired by awesome style… =-.

• Reply tiffany October 27, 2009 at 11:28 am

Wow! How gorgeous is that! I love everything about it.
    .-= tiffany´s last blog ..wild things =-.

• Reply Leigh October 27, 2009 at 11:49 am

Absolutely adorable, and with the space she really utilizes it well, I would stay there in a heartbeat :)

• Reply Cathie October 27, 2009 at 1:36 pm

Wow I thought NYC apartments were small, but she makes it work.
    .-= Cathie´s last blog ..etsy: vintage bags =-.

• Reply vadjutka October 27, 2009 at 1:46 pm

wow, how brilliant little flat is this! I live in 32 square meters – and I do appreciate every idea of making more space :-)
    .-= vadjutka´s last blog ..Five O’clock Tea – necklace made of fabric, vintage lace and brass filigrees on brass chain =-.

• Reply monica from hola!design October 27, 2009 at 1:52 pm

it’s adorable! but I wouldn’t live in such a tiny space. wait! it’s in paris, right? oh,well! I’d move in a minute, then!
    .-= monica from hola!design´s last blog ..Fall is here ( it has been for a while already) =-.

• Reply Marilyn October 27, 2009 at 2:18 pm

I have stared at every single photo in this post. Gorgeous! It makes me miss living alone, the boyfriend may not be as into it as I am. :)
    .-= Marilyn´s last blog ..Needle Felting Class =-.

• Reply kristen October 27, 2009 at 2:50 pm

ahhh I love this apartment! I hope you don’t mind, I posted a link to it over from my blog. love the clearly defined sections & twinkle lights. ah parisians <3
    .-= kristen´s last blog ..petit Paris apartment =-.

• Reply Sara October 27, 2009 at 3:28 pm

I am in LOVE with this apartment! The space, the decor, the room dividing, the light, the furniture, the cats!! It’s so cozy!

• Reply A Sort Of Fairy Tale October 27, 2009 at 4:25 pm

tiny, but very very charming…thanks for sharing!
    .-= A Sort Of Fairy Tale´s last blog .."Luscious Little Cottage", "Fish Camp", and More! Jane Coslick Designs and Restorations =-.

• Reply Sonja October 27, 2009 at 4:58 pm

Beautiful! I absolutely love paper lamps, she uses them gorgeously.

I also have that white bubble chair from Ikea! It’s great to see “my” chair in such a gorgeous setting :)

• Reply tula October 27, 2009 at 5:08 pm

OMG. OMG. OMG.

• Reply vicki (simply hue) October 27, 2009 at 5:34 pm

Her home looks so cheerful and cozy! When my husband and I move in a couple of years (we want to downsize) I want to decorate it like this. Very inspiring. :)
    .-= vicki (simply hue)´s last blog ..Color Scheme ~ Orange and Blue =-.

• Reply vanessa October 27, 2009 at 7:16 pm

Love the apartment! looks so cozy!

• Reply Karen October 27, 2009 at 9:53 pm

So beautiful – I love the lanterns!!

• Reply neha bhat October 27, 2009 at 11:49 pm

its gorgeous!!! :) :)

• Reply Emilia October 28, 2009 at 3:03 am

Oooooh… Me like!
    My place is just as small and I love what she has done with her place. Very inspiring. Yes, it is packed with “stuff”, but what can you do until you find something bigger? Throw everything away? Of course not, you do the best you can, with what you have, right? Right! Love this, thankyou!

• Reply Rowena October 28, 2009 at 3:55 am

That is sooo cute! I love it!

• Reply Penny Patten October 28, 2009 at 7:48 am

Wow!, That’a a lot in a tiny space, but does look cozy!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..New England Bloggers Mixer =-.

• Reply laurel October 28, 2009 at 3:54 pm

The colors, the lights, the books, the flamingos! What is not to love? Adorable!

• Reply Desiree Fawn October 28, 2009 at 5:05 pm

Oh wow, for such a small place it’s so cohesive and organized — I don’t feel like it’s as cramped or distracting as you’d imagine it to be!
    Fabulous space!!
    .-= Desiree Fawn´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday (My Doe Eyed Fawn) =-.

• Reply Steph October 28, 2009 at 11:15 pm

This is so beautiful!

x

• Reply nadine October 29, 2009 at 1:07 am

So tiny, so cute, so cozy and so many books! It’s amazing what she did.

• Reply Amanda October 29, 2009 at 2:01 am

What a cozy but still bright and fun space! It’s so inviting yet oh so tiny!
    .-= Amanda´s last blog ..Wednesday Night Photos =-.

• Reply hailey October 29, 2009 at 11:52 am

this is so so lovely! my sister is in paris right now. as if i’m not jealous enough already.
    i love it! such a great design for such a small place.

• Reply Chelsea October 29, 2009 at 12:09 pm

This is a truly creative apartment! It is really inspiring to try to improve my design skills because they are certainly lacking!

• Reply dany October 29, 2009 at 12:40 pm

LOVE THE LANTERNS!! good job fixing a tiny space!!

• Reply lovelyvelo October 29, 2009 at 2:25 pm

the flamingo wallpaper is wonderful!
    .-= lovelyvelo´s last blog ..{pink thursday…} =-.

• Reply Su October 29, 2009 at 4:15 pm

Elodie could come and work her magic on my flat in the UK any time she likes!

• Reply vanessa joie October 29, 2009 at 10:00 pm

Oh wow… I’m totally a cheese ball but these photos made my heart skip a beat because this is the dream in my head – tiny flat, in Paris, lots of twinkle lights… perfection.
    .-= vanessa joie´s last blog ..Little Soldier Girl =-.

• Reply Carrie @ CarrieCan November 2, 2009 at 9:05 am

That’s the cutest little apartment ever!
    .-= Carrie @ CarrieCan´s last blog ..The office: Facebook =-.

• Reply Kim B. November 6, 2009 at 2:52 pm

This makes me so sad . . . I too live in a tiny Parisian apartment, but mine (with my husband) is a junkpit, not a place of beauty. I love that she has been able to keep things that are meaningful to her and not make the place too cold and streamlined. Oh if only I could make my husband throw a few thousand old t-shirts and sheets away . . . .

• Reply Cat Sitter in the City November 16, 2009 at 9:54 am

What a wonderful little home. I would love living here. I see the kitties enjoy it!
    .-= Cat Sitter in the City´s last blog ..This Birthday Cake Is The Cat’s Meow! =-.

• Reply Lucile December 11, 2009 at 6:16 pm

très jolie!
    très chic!
    le plus belle maison que j’ai jamais vu à Paris!

• Reply idealpinkrose March 11, 2010 at 7:19 am

Wow~ I like her flat. It’s cozy and nice. It looks great with her colorful stuffs.
    .-= idealpinkrose´s last blog ..Busy or Lazy? Whatever! =-.

• Reply Aishwarya March 28, 2010 at 11:27 am

wow this is sumthin that i wud love to live in ..beautiful place..love it

• Reply Deb April 5, 2010 at 7:05 pm

Hi,

Just wondering where your kitchen is?

• Reply Martha April 7, 2010 at 7:30 am

I love it! I was looking for a way to bring more light into my *tiny* apartment and a friend pointed me to this post. I have a toddler, so I couldn’t do all the books out, but I have that many if not more books, so I am inspired for one day when grabby hands aren’t pulling all the time.

• Reply Hannah June 13, 2010 at 3:48 pm

This is simply adorable. If I ever get a small apartment, I’ll definitely try to make it as sweet and sophisticated at this. :D

• Reply Anton July 7, 2010 at 1:48 pm

Ahhh very Parisian – I love the wall art stickers of the little aliens.

• Reply Joni August 9, 2010 at 1:44 pm

I’m in loveeee. now I wanna change my house into SMALL!

• Reply Lisa McGee April 8, 2011 at 6:11 pm

Charming- love her colours.