uncategorized

Happy Weekend!

October 30, 2009

And with that, dear friends… I am signing off for the weekend since it’s after 3:00 p.m. and I have lots to do this weekend and right now I’m off to whip up homemade curry vegetable soup to warm my soul — it’s getting cold here! But I’ll be visiting you again on Monday morning bright-eyed and bushy-tailed so I’ll see you soon. :) For now, I will leave you with the portfolio of photographer Annie Schlechter to enjoy. Make sure you pay attention to the cupcake twinkle lights below because they are such an easy DIY project don’t you think? And quite darling… You could use cupcake wrappers with a pretty pattern on them or keep them simple and white as shown below.

Happy Weekend!

Happy Weekend!

What will you do this weekend? We have an anniversary brunch to attend and I have endless amount of organizing (still) along with errand-running, but I plan to watch You’ve Got Mail and possibly fit in another feel good film, like About A Boy because I know both of them so well that I don’t have to pay 100% attention but they’ll be fun to having running as I sort through things. I’m also going to bake for my cousins… it warms the soul, the house, and the heart and I can’t think of a better mood enhancer than the smell of chocolate nutella brownies with walnuts and marshmallows, can you!?

(images: annie schlechter)

You Might Also Like

32 Comments

• Reply carrie @ bloomacious October 30, 2009 at 9:43 am

what a gorgeous portfolio – thanks so much for sharing!

• Reply Uncle Beefy October 30, 2009 at 9:44 am

Mmmmmm, lovely, Holly! That first photo is really wonderful and I do wish I were in it right now! Nice images to usher in a weekend. Hope your’s is a nice one. Happy cooking! :)

• Reply heather October 30, 2009 at 9:44 am

loved this post – those cupcake lights are indeed the sweetest things.
    .-= heather´s last blog ..things that get me up in the morning =-.

• Reply Kelly Ann Taylor October 30, 2009 at 10:10 am

Are those Herman Miller chairs in the first picture! My mom had these in the 1950’s. We never liked them, but now know their intrinsic value. They all broke eventually, and she sold the metal bases to a furniture collector for beaucoup $.

She always did have good taste, was ahead of her time and had a passion for the color white.

Thanks for posting!
    .-= Kelly Ann Taylor´s last blog ..Vintage Shirley Temple Soap in Giggles and Gingerale Scent Smells Bubbly =-.

• Reply juliette October 30, 2009 at 10:11 am

sounds fun! i’m about to make an asian chicken stew for a friend’s birthday party tonight. tomorrow’s all about relaxing and sleeping in and hopefully getting outside to walk a historic apple and cherry trail nearby!
    .-= juliette´s last blog ..Free Printable: 2010 Calendar =-.

• Reply 3wordTweets(laura) October 30, 2009 at 10:13 am

those warm wood tables in the white rooms~ such a neat contrast

“chocolate nutella brownies with walnuts and marshmallows” oh my!

Happy weekend Holly
    .-= 3wordTweets(laura)´s last blog ..3wordTweets: who’s joining me? ~ http://www.nanowrimo.org/ =-.

• Reply Sophia Mar October 30, 2009 at 10:29 am

Dreamy images!
    .-= Sophia Mar´s last blog ..Boo! =-.

• Reply suzanne October 30, 2009 at 10:50 am

i’ve been meaning to watch You’ve Got Mail again soon, thanks for the reminder!

and omg NUTELLA BROWNIES?!?!!! sounds like heaven :)
    .-= suzanne´s last blog ..just hiding out for a while =-.

• Reply michele October 30, 2009 at 11:59 am

Hi Holly,
    I love the images on your post today and love those “cupcake twinkle lights”
    We finally have cold air in the desert! Almost cold enough for hot chocolate. Yay. Loved your images of the shrooms in the forest in Germany. Very cool!
    Happy unpacking!

michele in Palm Desert, CA
    .-= michele´s last blog ..lavender vanilla =-.

• Reply olive & hope October 30, 2009 at 12:43 pm

Love the photos Holly! I am now craving a warm bowl of soup :)

will you share your recipe for the chocolate nutella brownies? They sound heavenly!

• Reply laura trevey October 30, 2009 at 2:02 pm

such gorgeous images!
    Happy Halloween to you!!

xo Laura
    .-= laura trevey´s last blog ..Chesapeake Bay Blue Crab, Watercolor Print , 8 by 10 =-.

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente October 30, 2009 at 3:31 pm

So much inspiration here today! I am trying to catch up on all of your lovely articles! These images are beautiful and I adore the little cupcake liner fairy lights! What a great idea! :) Have a wonderful weekend hun!
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..The little things: purples & greens =-.

• Reply Georgia October 30, 2009 at 4:18 pm

Hi Holly,
    I’m new to your blog. I’ve been following it for some days now and it’s really lovely. It’s nice to find people the other side of the world (I’m from Brazil!) that share our interests…I mean ‘you’ve got mail’ and fresh baked cookies!!!! uau!!!!! have I nice weekend and we will see each other here very often!
    bye

• Reply samantha hahn October 30, 2009 at 5:59 pm

i want to live in that white sunny room.
    .-= samantha hahn´s last blog ..Happy almost Halloween! =-.

• Reply Yoli October 30, 2009 at 9:19 pm

Have a Happy Halloween dear Holly!
    .-= Yoli´s last blog ..Saying goodbye to sweet October =-.

• Reply Kristi @ Addicted 2 Decorating October 30, 2009 at 10:04 pm

I so wish I had the talent of Annie. Actually, half the talent would do. I try my hardest to take great photos, but they just fall flat. It’s discouraging.

Hope you enjoy your weekend! And your brownies. :) I never was a big fan of Nutella, but I’m pretty sure I’d eat anything if it’s baked into a brownie!!
    .-= Kristi @ Addicted 2 Decorating´s last blog ..A Friday Giveaway:: Vintage-Inspired Hostess Apron =-.

• Reply A Sort Of Fairy Tale October 30, 2009 at 10:19 pm

“You’ve Got Mail” is one of my absolute favorite movies! i have seen it a bazillion times and know all the words. i love the story, the characters, and the way New York City is portrayed in the film! “Don’t you just love New York in the fall?” I even named my shop (which is no longer) The Shop Around The Corner. perhaps you think i am nuts now….hahaha!
    I like “About A Boy” too, need to revisit that one!
    Have a lovely weekend :)
    .-= A Sort Of Fairy Tale´s last blog ..Happy Halloween, Jellybean! =-.

• Reply eve October 31, 2009 at 4:15 am

I love all those photos, but especially the one with peonies. As soon as I saw them, I thought “I want to go to there!”
    .-= eve´s last blog ..Fab Find loves: Street Sensation! =-.

• Reply Luciane October 31, 2009 at 6:42 am

I live in Brasil and I love your blog!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Reply Susan October 31, 2009 at 12:50 pm

The cupcake lights are SWEET!

xox,
    Susan

.-= Susan´s last blog ..Imagination rules… =-.

• Reply Miss B. October 31, 2009 at 1:08 pm

Oh I love ‘About a boy’, the soundtrack is sublime! These pics are gorgeous, I love the fluffy, dreamy peony and lights one, oh yes and the tiles are pretty beatiful too! Have fun this weekend!

• Reply Melissa October 31, 2009 at 4:01 pm

Oh, About A Boy is so cute! I’m watching Twilight tonight (again!) for Halloween!
    .-= Melissa´s last blog ..Have A Spooktacular Weekend. =-.

• Reply Penny Patten October 31, 2009 at 5:15 pm

The cupcake twinkle lights are such a fun idea, and the food looks yummy!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..Dressed up Bracelets =-.

• Reply Victoria Zlotkowski October 31, 2009 at 8:04 pm

Such lovely pictures, I had the top one a couple of month as well posted, the white, airy feel is just to die for….
    Beautiful post!

XX
    Victoria
    .-= Victoria Zlotkowski´s last blog ..Happy Halloween =-.

• Reply agneta October 31, 2009 at 10:58 pm

So glad I stumbled on your lovely lovely blog today, it’s always nice to find other blogger out and about on the net!

Agneta & Sweden
    .-= agneta´s last blog ..happy hallowen… =-.

• Reply Jacqueline November 1, 2009 at 2:11 am

curry vegetable soup sounds yummie and such a comfort food. oh yes i aodre the cupcake twinkle lights! Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to you!
    .-= Jacqueline´s last blog ..Seems like little Chloe is in the Halloween spirit =-.

• Reply Jenny November 1, 2009 at 3:43 am

Annie’s work is so fresh and unique! I love the cupcake twinkling lights photo, I didn’t notice it until I went back to re-read what you wrote.
    .-= Jenny´s last blog ..Los Angeles Wedding Photography | Pam and Chris =-.

• Reply Johanna November 1, 2009 at 7:29 pm

Lovley photos. :)
    Your blog is very inspireing and beautiful. :)

• Reply leni November 1, 2009 at 11:26 pm

perhaps you could share that mood enhacer with the rest of us. and by that, i mean the recipe for those delicious sounding brownies!

• Reply Amanda November 2, 2009 at 4:55 am

Mmm – I’d like that recipe for those brownies also please Holly! Lovely images to start the week with. (I’m just catching up with my blog reading!)
    .-= Amanda´s last blog ..(interior) style file – it’s in the detail =-.

• Reply Passementerie November 2, 2009 at 5:28 am

What a refreshing and bright series of pictures after all the autumny colours we’ve been seeing lately in the build up to Hallowe’en! I ADORE the cupcake case idea. I hope you had a good weekend.
    .-= Passementerie´s last blog ..What I learned to do yesterday (or: further adventures in being married to an American) =-.

• Reply BODIE and FOU November 2, 2009 at 5:37 pm

It was a really horrible Sunday in London and despite this gloomy weather, I had the most wonderful and relaxing day doing simple things that made feel very content and happy…like repairing old wooden beads that used to belong to my mum when she was in twenties and which Mila has broken last year, discovering the first scan of Mila when she was in my belly and I didnt know yet she would be a little girl and discovering the soothing images of Jenifer Altman