Happy Weekend!

And with that, dear friends… I am signing off for the weekend since it’s after 3:00 p.m. and I have lots to do this weekend and right now I’m off to whip up homemade curry vegetable soup to warm my soul — it’s getting cold here! But I’ll be visiting you again on Monday morning bright-eyed and bushy-tailed so I’ll see you soon. :) For now, I will leave you with the portfolio of photographer Annie Schlechter to enjoy. Make sure you pay attention to the cupcake twinkle lights below because they are such an easy DIY project don’t you think? And quite darling… You could use cupcake wrappers with a pretty pattern on them or keep them simple and white as shown below.

Annie Schlechter

Annie Schlechter

What will you do this weekend? We have an anniversary brunch to attend and I have endless amount of organizing (still) along with errand-running, but I plan to watch You’ve Got Mail and possibly fit in another feel good film, like About A Boy because I know both of them so well that I don’t have to pay 100% attention but they’ll be fun to having running as I sort through things. I’m also going to bake for my cousins… it warms the soul, the house, and the heart and I can’t think of a better mood enhancer than the smell of chocolate nutella brownies with walnuts and marshmallows, can you!?

(images: annie schlechter)

Posted by decor8 in uncategorized on October 30, 2009

1. carrie @ bloomacious commented
    October 30th, 2009 at 9:43am

what a gorgeous portfolio – thanks so much for sharing!

2. Uncle Beefy commented
    October 30th, 2009 at 9:44am

Mmmmmm, lovely, Holly! That first photo is really wonderful and I do wish I were in it right now! Nice images to usher in a weekend. Hope your’s is a nice one. Happy cooking! :)

3. heather commented
    October 30th, 2009 at 9:44am

loved this post – those cupcake lights are indeed the sweetest things.
    .-= heather´s last blog ..things that get me up in the morning =-.

4. Kelly Ann Taylor commented
    October 30th, 2009 at 10:10am

Are those Herman Miller chairs in the first picture! My mom had these in the 1950’s. We never liked them, but now know their intrinsic value. They all broke eventually, and she sold the metal bases to a furniture collector for beaucoup $.

She always did have good taste, was ahead of her time and had a passion for the color white.

Thanks for posting!
    .-= Kelly Ann Taylor´s last blog ..Vintage Shirley Temple Soap in Giggles and Gingerale Scent Smells Bubbly =-.

5. juliette commented
    October 30th, 2009 at 10:11am

sounds fun! i’m about to make an asian chicken stew for a friend’s birthday party tonight. tomorrow’s all about relaxing and sleeping in and hopefully getting outside to walk a historic apple and cherry trail nearby!
    .-= juliette´s last blog ..Free Printable: 2010 Calendar =-.

6. 3wordTweets(laura) commented
    October 30th, 2009 at 10:13am

those warm wood tables in the white rooms~ such a neat contrast

“chocolate nutella brownies with walnuts and marshmallows” oh my!

Happy weekend Holly
    .-= 3wordTweets(laura)´s last blog ..3wordTweets: who’s joining me? ~ http://www.nanowrimo.org/ =-.

7. Sophia Mar commented
    October 30th, 2009 at 10:29am

Dreamy images!
    .-= Sophia Mar´s last blog ..Boo! =-.

8. suzanne commented
    October 30th, 2009 at 10:50am

i’ve been meaning to watch You’ve Got Mail again soon, thanks for the reminder!

and omg NUTELLA BROWNIES?!?!!! sounds like heaven :)
    .-= suzanne´s last blog ..just hiding out for a while =-.

9. michele commented
    October 30th, 2009 at 11:59am

Hi Holly,
    I love the images on your post today and love those “cupcake twinkle lights”
    We finally have cold air in the desert! Almost cold enough for hot chocolate. Yay. Loved your images of the shrooms in the forest in Germany. Very cool!
    Happy unpacking!

michele in Palm Desert, CA
    .-= michele´s last blog ..lavender vanilla =-.

10. olive & hope commented
    October 30th, 2009 at 12:43pm

Love the photos Holly! I am now craving a warm bowl of soup :)

will you share your recipe for the chocolate nutella brownies? They sound heavenly!

11. laura trevey commented
    October 30th, 2009 at 2:02pm

such gorgeous images!
    Happy Halloween to you!!

xo Laura
    .-= laura trevey´s last blog ..Chesapeake Bay Blue Crab, Watercolor Print , 8 by 10 =-.

12. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    October 30th, 2009 at 3:31pm

So much inspiration here today! I am trying to catch up on all of your lovely articles! These images are beautiful and I adore the little cupcake liner fairy lights! What a great idea! :) Have a wonderful weekend hun!
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..The little things: purples & greens =-.

13. Georgia commented
    October 30th, 2009 at 4:18pm

Hi Holly,
    I’m new to your blog. I’ve been following it for some days now and it’s really lovely. It’s nice to find people the other side of the world (I’m from Brazil!) that share our interests…I mean ‘you’ve got mail’ and fresh baked cookies!!!! uau!!!!! have I nice weekend and we will see each other here very often!
    bye

14. samantha hahn commented
    October 30th, 2009 at 5:59pm

i want to live in that white sunny room.
    .-= samantha hahn´s last blog ..Happy almost Halloween! =-.

15. Yoli commented
    October 30th, 2009 at 9:19pm

Have a Happy Halloween dear Holly!
    .-= Yoli´s last blog ..Saying goodbye to sweet October =-.

16. Kristi @ Addicted 2 Decorating commented
    October 30th, 2009 at 10:04pm

I so wish I had the talent of Annie. Actually, half the talent would do. I try my hardest to take great photos, but they just fall flat. It’s discouraging.

Hope you enjoy your weekend! And your brownies. :) I never was a big fan of Nutella, but I’m pretty sure I’d eat anything if it’s baked into a brownie!!
    .-= Kristi @ Addicted 2 Decorating´s last blog ..A Friday Giveaway:: Vintage-Inspired Hostess Apron =-.

17. A Sort Of Fairy Tale commented
    October 30th, 2009 at 10:19pm

“You’ve Got Mail” is one of my absolute favorite movies! i have seen it a bazillion times and know all the words. i love the story, the characters, and the way New York City is portrayed in the film! “Don’t you just love New York in the fall?” I even named my shop (which is no longer) The Shop Around The Corner. perhaps you think i am nuts now….hahaha!
    I like “About A Boy” too, need to revisit that one!
    Have a lovely weekend :)
    .-= A Sort Of Fairy Tale´s last blog ..Happy Halloween, Jellybean! =-.

18. eve commented
    October 31st, 2009 at 4:15am

I love all those photos, but especially the one with peonies. As soon as I saw them, I thought “I want to go to there!”
    .-= eve´s last blog ..Fab Find loves: Street Sensation! =-.

19. Luciane commented
    October 31st, 2009 at 6:42am

I live in Brasil and I love your blog!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Susan commented
    October 31st, 2009 at 12:50pm

The cupcake lights are SWEET!

xox,
    Susan

.-= Susan´s last blog ..Imagination rules… =-.

21. Miss B. commented
    October 31st, 2009 at 1:08pm

Oh I love ‘About a boy’, the soundtrack is sublime! These pics are gorgeous, I love the fluffy, dreamy peony and lights one, oh yes and the tiles are pretty beatiful too! Have fun this weekend!

22. Melissa commented
    October 31st, 2009 at 4:01pm

Oh, About A Boy is so cute! I’m watching Twilight tonight (again!) for Halloween!
    .-= Melissa´s last blog ..Have A Spooktacular Weekend. =-.

23. Penny Patten commented
    October 31st, 2009 at 5:15pm

The cupcake twinkle lights are such a fun idea, and the food looks yummy!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..Dressed up Bracelets =-.

24. Victoria Zlotkowski commented
    October 31st, 2009 at 8:04pm

Such lovely pictures, I had the top one a couple of month as well posted, the white, airy feel is just to die for….
    Beautiful post!

XX
    Victoria
    .-= Victoria Zlotkowski´s last blog ..Happy Halloween =-.

25. agneta commented
    October 31st, 2009 at 10:58pm

So glad I stumbled on your lovely lovely blog today, it’s always nice to find other blogger out and about on the net!

Agneta & Sweden
    .-= agneta´s last blog ..happy hallowen… =-.

26. Jacqueline commented
    November 1st, 2009 at 2:11am

curry vegetable soup sounds yummie and such a comfort food. oh yes i aodre the cupcake twinkle lights! Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to you!
    .-= Jacqueline´s last blog ..Seems like little Chloe is in the Halloween spirit =-.

27. Jenny commented
    November 1st, 2009 at 3:43am

Annie’s work is so fresh and unique! I love the cupcake twinkling lights photo, I didn’t notice it until I went back to re-read what you wrote.
    .-= Jenny´s last blog ..Los Angeles Wedding Photography | Pam and Chris =-.

28. Johanna commented
    November 1st, 2009 at 7:29pm

Lovley photos. :)
    Your blog is very inspireing and beautiful. :)

29. leni commented
    November 1st, 2009 at 11:26pm

perhaps you could share that mood enhacer with the rest of us. and by that, i mean the recipe for those delicious sounding brownies!

30. Amanda commented
    November 2nd, 2009 at 4:55am

Mmm – I’d like that recipe for those brownies also please Holly! Lovely images to start the week with. (I’m just catching up with my blog reading!)
    .-= Amanda´s last blog ..(interior) style file – it’s in the detail =-.

31. Passementerie commented
    November 2nd, 2009 at 5:28am

What a refreshing and bright series of pictures after all the autumny colours we’ve been seeing lately in the build up to Hallowe’en! I ADORE the cupcake case idea. I hope you had a good weekend.
    .-= Passementerie´s last blog ..What I learned to do yesterday (or: further adventures in being married to an American) =-.

32. BODIE and FOU commented
    November 2nd, 2009 at 5:37pm

It was a really horrible Sunday in London and despite this gloomy weather, I had the most wonderful and relaxing day doing simple things that made feel very content and happy…like repairing old wooden beads that used to belong to my mum when she was in twenties and which Mila has broken last year, discovering the first scan of Mila when she was in my belly and I didnt know yet she would be a little girl and discovering the soothing images of Jenifer Altman