Things

United Thread

November 18, 2009

I meant to include United Thread in my Etsy Take Five column yesterday but ran out of space and so I was saving her to share for next week. But then I clicked over to Etsy today and found her work on their homepage and thought eek! I cannot postpone until week to quickly share this artist from Salem, Massachusetts. Her owls and lines are fun, I like looking at how imaginative she is with her lines…

United Thread

I can’t believe how sunny yellow is still so big on my radar, when I look through my current inspiration folder on my desktop I see so many images with yellow and blue and turquoise. I’ve been dreaming of changing my entire interior color scheme in my home for Spring, so I think that this is what I will do. I currently have grays, violets, fuchsia and white and silver as accents, some gold. I’m thinking of changing up all of that come Spring and go with something a little different. Fortunately with wood floors and white walls and neutral furniture it’s very, very easy for me to change things. I can add new covers to all of my pillows since I’m careful to buy only those with zipper or button covers, the prints on my walls can easily be replaced with those I have on “reserve” in my art drawer, and I can change up the accessories here and there. It won’t be that hard…

And I’m still dying to hang my Cole & Son cow parsley yellow and white wallpaper… I’ve been holding on to four rolls for the past year waiting until we move into a permanent spot since it was not a dollar investment — C&S is costly.

Oh it’s so exciting to think about next year and the things that it will bring to us all — new ideas, new friends, new inspirations… and for some of us, a new apartment or home to decorate, and for others a new business. 2010 here we come, baby! And yellow will be a big part of my new year. Yellow and gray and turquoise and white… :)

(image: united thread)

9 Comments

• Reply Kiran November 18, 2009 at 11:15 am

I love yellow too! It just brightens the space :) I can’t wait to celebrate 2010 with wonderful new ideas and friends!
    .-= Kiran´s last blog ..Make-over =-.

• Reply Virginia @ Where You Hang Your Hat November 18, 2009 at 11:27 am

With those colors you might like this home tour. I wish I knew more about the source.
    .-= Virginia @ Where You Hang Your Hat´s last blog ..how’s your work environment? =-.

• Reply Alisha November 18, 2009 at 11:52 am

I’ve been drawn to sunny yellow lately too…a simple combination of yellow and white.

• Reply lindsay November 18, 2009 at 12:28 pm

I just looked through her stuff this morning, as I saw it on the front page too. Looks like she is a fairly new seller, so it’s good to see her getting some exposure!
    .-= lindsay´s last blog ..Pre-Holiday Sale, Now in Shop. =-.

• Reply Winter November 18, 2009 at 12:33 pm

Salem, Ma artist- Had to say that there is an amazing exhibit (just saw it yesterday!0 at the Salem MA based Essex Peabody Musuem on Iris Apfel, “unique bird of fashion”. I know you are in Germany- but it is outstanding! Fabulous clothing, put together by a world class fabric designer and interior decorator with a flair. Might be a good blog post/interview with the curator…

• Reply Sarah November 18, 2009 at 1:32 pm

Holly I adore yellow – its my favorite to decorate with – check out my bright yellow table (featured on Monaco Interiors pix) and yellow wicker chair I spray painted this summer on my humble blogs – rachelgdzinelife.onsugar.com and the above. You always have such insightful things to say and give us plenty of food for thought such as 2010 – I haven’t even thought about it yet, but, your words have got my wheels turning…!

• Reply hazel & hunter November 18, 2009 at 2:05 pm

so sweet! i’ve also been smitten with all things yellow lately!

• Reply julie November 18, 2009 at 4:27 pm

I love that wallpaper. If you need more, maybe try Wallpaper Direct in the UK, I recently ordered some samples (which they sent to me in Australia!) and it is sooo much cheaper than buying it here in Australia. I love yellow, it is such an optimistic colour, always makes me smile!
    .-= julie´s last blog ..i know that house! =-.

• Reply Annie May November 18, 2009 at 6:15 pm

owls and illustration…my two favorites! i’m going to put that on my christmas wishlist…yay!
    .-= Annie May´s last blog ..A Cozy Den =-.