Arts + Crafts

Faire Houre

November 19, 2009

Although clocks by the Faire Houre collection are starting to make their blog rounds, I have to give them a nod as I find their clocks lovely and their styling impeccable. They make me want to buy a few, especially since I’m always trying to remember what time it is on the east and west coast now that I’m so many hours ahead of time! I finally understand those people who have 3-4 clocks in a row on their wall over their desk. I always thought it may be an attempt to look international and jet sett-y but um, it’s very practical.

Faire Houre

Faire Houre

Faire Houre

Faire Houre

Faire Houre

Faire Houre

Faire Houre

About these lovely plates, Faire Houre owner Jenilyn says, “I love well cared for pieces of china, they have so much history and are so unique. I can never pass one up when I come across a good find.”  I’m so glad she doesn’t!

And I’m forever messing things up as we use military time and not the standard time as I used my entire life in the states. Oh and you should have seen me during the annual fall back period. We had our hour change about 10 days or so before those in the states so I was exceptionally upside down during that period. All I can say is that when it comes to time, I could own a thousands clocks — I love them so much! And having girly china function as clocks, even better.

Faire Houre makes my ticker tock! :)

(images: faire houre)

You Might Also Like

• Reply uuvee November 19, 2009 at 1:00 pm

love the white frames. great idea. thanks! :)

• Reply teresa November 19, 2009 at 1:20 pm

Okay…I am adoring these clocks!
    What a fab & unique gift!
    Loving the white one with the lime green tiki bird! Yeah!
    That’s the one for me!
    Lovely post…as always!
    So delighted to discover your blog!
    Added you to my sidebar as a fave!

• Reply tiffany November 19, 2009 at 1:50 pm

What a treat — I haven’t seen these yet. They’re delightful!
    .-= tiffany´s last blog .. =-.

• Reply Kellie November 19, 2009 at 2:03 pm

ooooo love love the blue plate clock! great ideas!
    .-= Kellie´s last blog ..Have a Great Day! =-.

• Reply Nuit November 19, 2009 at 2:29 pm

Wow these are awesome Holly!! I have not seen these in my usual ‘blog round’ ;) love the red one and how they all truly make a statement in each room. Very simple, yet stunning!

• Reply My Owl Barn November 19, 2009 at 2:36 pm

I agree owning a functional piece of china is even better. Those colors and shapes are lovely!
    .-= My Owl Barn´s last blog ..Gwdih?: 100% Cute =-.

• Reply lindsay November 19, 2009 at 2:42 pm

What a fantastic use for china! Scouting for dishes would be so fun!

• Reply Ruthie Staalsen November 19, 2009 at 2:44 pm

My mother-in-law is swedish and has given me some wonderful dishes, tablecloths, etc. from there. Love their design, it’s so colorful and simple.

• Reply cristin @ simplified bee November 19, 2009 at 2:46 pm

beautiful clocks! thanks for sharing.

.-= cristin @ simplified bee´s last blog ..Books As Decor Accessories =-.

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente November 19, 2009 at 2:50 pm

Oh, how lovely…..what a beautiful clock to have!
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..The little things: wish lists =-.

• Reply katherine November 19, 2009 at 3:01 pm

i NEED that lamp? any idea where to find it? or one like it?

• Reply Jillian November 19, 2009 at 3:19 pm

I saw these this morning playing on Etsy/Pounce, and I wanted every single one. Looks like they are selling out quickly, and it doesn’t hurt that their photos are stunning.
    .-= Jillian´s last blog ..Etsy Inspiration =-.

• Reply Eliana Tomas November 19, 2009 at 3:21 pm

what a nice design revival. the first pic remindes me my grandmother’s favorite clock. it had a similar texture, but dark green.

• Reply Lisa - Handmade Evolution November 19, 2009 at 3:21 pm

Great clocks! The top blue one makes me want to redecorate my room so that I can buy it…
    .-= Lisa – Handmade Evolution´s last blog ..Toronto Fashion – Birds of North America =-.

• Reply Anita Dawoodi November 19, 2009 at 3:54 pm

How would I ever be able to decide which one?! simply gorgeous :)
    Anita – Austria
    .-= Anita Dawoodi´s last blog ..S.W.W.S.W. =-.

• Reply B November 19, 2009 at 4:00 pm

I loooove the second one with the birds. I don’t care if birds are everywhere, I can’t get enough!
    .-= B´s last blog ..Best New Blogging Tool EVER =-.

• Reply Nem November 19, 2009 at 4:02 pm

These remind me so much of the clocks my Gran made – plates with a floral edge. She made one for each of her daughters in matching patterns. Sweet. :)
    .-= Nem´s last blog ..Behind the Scenes =-.

• Reply Travelingmama November 19, 2009 at 7:03 pm

Oh my! My heart skipped a beat with that first photo! I NEED one of these clock! Good thing Christmas is coming soon, right?
    .-= Travelingmama´s last blog ..when words are not {enough} =-.

• Reply Katie Stephenson November 19, 2009 at 8:28 pm

Geeze. I really want that green/blue one now, I saw it this morning on Apartment Therapy and now that i see it again, here it’s as if it is calling my name: “psst, Katie, c’mon, buy me.”
    .-= Katie Stephenson´s last blog ..pining four… =-.

• Reply Katie Stephenson November 19, 2009 at 8:29 pm

…..and….it’s sold today. Oh well, it’s going to make someone very happy.
    .-= Katie Stephenson´s last blog ..pining four… =-.

• Reply Amy - no. 15 creative November 19, 2009 at 8:52 pm

Great clocks! I love the styling too. The second one is my favorite.
    .-= Amy – no. 15 creative´s last blog ..Bento Box =-.

• Reply Fresh Design Blog November 20, 2009 at 4:48 am

I’m on the lookout for a stylish new clock and these are all lovely. My favourite is the white/cream one with the scalloped edges. Off to investigate in more detail!
    .-= Fresh Design Blog´s last blog ..Armadillo bread bin =-.

• Reply megmanionsilliker November 20, 2009 at 7:37 am!!!
    .-= megmanionsilliker´s last blog ..[alexis] = gorgeousness! =-.

• Reply Martha November 21, 2009 at 10:26 pm

I started collecting plates for a plate wall recently… I recognize some of these – the birds are Lenox, the reddish orange is Pier One, ….

but the first bluish green I love but dont know… also the light one with the ivory design around the edge? Any guesses?

• Reply Penny Patten November 22, 2009 at 7:03 pm

The clocks with the Birds-I adore.
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..Decorating For The Holidays =-.

• Reply Deb November 23, 2009 at 4:08 pm

The plate with the birds on it is from the Lenox collection “chirp”! I want that set!

• Reply Erin November 24, 2009 at 2:13 pm

oh I love these! I NEED one!

• Reply Josh Kulba December 13, 2009 at 2:31 am

I love the neatness of the images. I like things when they are done this way/ Thank you for the post!
    .-= Josh Kulba´s last blog ..Grandfather Clocks Repair =-.

• Reply Liz Scott April 29, 2011 at 7:13 pm

These clocks are great! I actually have that chirp china :o)