Faire Houre

Although clocks by the Faire Houre collection are starting to make their blog rounds, I have to give them a nod as I find their clocks lovely and their styling impeccable. They make me want to buy a few, especially since I’m always trying to remember what time it is on the east and west coast now that I’m so many hours ahead of time! I finally understand those people who have 3-4 clocks in a row on their wall over their desk. I always thought it may be an attempt to look international and jet sett-y but um, it’s very practical.

Faire Houre

Faire Houre

Faire Houre

Faire Houre

Faire Houre

Faire Houre

Faire Houre

About these lovely plates, Faire Houre owner Jenilyn says, “I love well cared for pieces of china, they have so much history and are so unique. I can never pass one up when I come across a good find.”  I’m so glad she doesn’t!

And I’m forever messing things up as we use military time and not the standard time as I used my entire life in the states. Oh and you should have seen me during the annual fall back period. We had our hour change about 10 days or so before those in the states so I was exceptionally upside down during that period. All I can say is that when it comes to time, I could own a thousands clocks — I love them so much! And having girly china function as clocks, even better.

Faire Houre makes my ticker tock! :)

(images: faire houre)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts on November 19, 2009

1. uuvee commented
    November 19th, 2009 at 1:00pm

love the white frames. great idea. thanks! :)

2. teresa commented
    November 19th, 2009 at 1:20pm

Okay…I am adoring these clocks!
    What a fab & unique gift!
    Loving the white one with the lime green tiki bird! Yeah!
    That’s the one for me!
    Lovely post…as always!
    So delighted to discover your blog!
    Added you to my sidebar as a fave!
    XOOOXX

3. tiffany commented
    November 19th, 2009 at 1:50pm

What a treat — I haven’t seen these yet. They’re delightful!
    .-= tiffany´s last blog .. =-.

4. Kellie commented
    November 19th, 2009 at 2:03pm

ooooo love love the blue plate clock! great ideas!
    .-= Kellie´s last blog ..Have a Great Day! =-.

5. Nuit commented
    November 19th, 2009 at 2:29pm

Wow these are awesome Holly!! I have not seen these in my usual ‘blog round’ ;) love the red one and how they all truly make a statement in each room. Very simple, yet stunning!

6. My Owl Barn commented
    November 19th, 2009 at 2:36pm

I agree owning a functional piece of china is even better. Those colors and shapes are lovely!
    .-= My Owl Barn´s last blog ..Gwdih?: 100% Cute =-.

7. lindsay commented
    November 19th, 2009 at 2:42pm

What a fantastic use for china! Scouting for dishes would be so fun!

8. Ruthie Staalsen commented
    November 19th, 2009 at 2:44pm

My mother-in-law is swedish and has given me some wonderful dishes, tablecloths, etc. from there. Love their design, it’s so colorful and simple.

Ruthie

9. cristin @ simplified bee commented
    November 19th, 2009 at 2:46pm

beautiful clocks! thanks for sharing.

xo,
    cristin
    .-= cristin @ simplified bee´s last blog ..Books As Decor Accessories =-.

10. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    November 19th, 2009 at 2:50pm

Oh, how lovely…..what a beautiful clock to have!
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..The little things: wish lists =-.

11. katherine commented
    November 19th, 2009 at 3:01pm

i NEED that lamp? any idea where to find it? or one like it?

12. Jillian commented
    November 19th, 2009 at 3:19pm

I saw these this morning playing on Etsy/Pounce, and I wanted every single one. Looks like they are selling out quickly, and it doesn’t hurt that their photos are stunning.
    .-= Jillian´s last blog ..Etsy Inspiration =-.

13. Eliana Tomas commented
    November 19th, 2009 at 3:21pm

what a nice design revival. the first pic remindes me my grandmother’s favorite clock. it had a similar texture, but dark green.

14. Lisa - Handmade Evolution commented
    November 19th, 2009 at 3:21pm

Great clocks! The top blue one makes me want to redecorate my room so that I can buy it…
    .-= Lisa – Handmade Evolution´s last blog ..Toronto Fashion – Birds of North America =-.

15. Anita Dawoodi commented
    November 19th, 2009 at 3:54pm

How would I ever be able to decide which one?! simply gorgeous :)
    Anita – Austria
    .-= Anita Dawoodi´s last blog ..S.W.W.S.W. =-.

16. B commented
    November 19th, 2009 at 4:00pm

I loooove the second one with the birds. I don’t care if birds are everywhere, I can’t get enough!
    .-= B´s last blog ..Best New Blogging Tool EVER =-.

17. Nem commented
    November 19th, 2009 at 4:02pm

These remind me so much of the clocks my Gran made – plates with a floral edge. She made one for each of her daughters in matching patterns. Sweet. :)
    .-= Nem´s last blog ..Behind the Scenes =-.

18. Travelingmama commented
    November 19th, 2009 at 7:03pm

Oh my! My heart skipped a beat with that first photo! I NEED one of these clock! Good thing Christmas is coming soon, right?
    .-= Travelingmama´s last blog ..when words are not {enough} =-.

19. Katie Stephenson commented
    November 19th, 2009 at 8:28pm

Geeze. I really want that green/blue one now, I saw it this morning on Apartment Therapy and now that i see it again, here it’s as if it is calling my name: “psst, Katie, c’mon, buy me.”
    .-= Katie Stephenson´s last blog ..pining four… =-.

20. Katie Stephenson commented
    November 19th, 2009 at 8:29pm

…..and….it’s sold today. Oh well, it’s going to make someone very happy.
    .-= Katie Stephenson´s last blog ..pining four… =-.

21. Amy - no. 15 creative commented
    November 19th, 2009 at 8:52pm

Great clocks! I love the styling too. The second one is my favorite.
    .-= Amy – no. 15 creative´s last blog ..Bento Box =-.

22. Fresh Design Blog commented
    November 20th, 2009 at 4:48am

I’m on the lookout for a stylish new clock and these are all lovely. My favourite is the white/cream one with the scalloped edges. Off to investigate in more detail!
    .-= Fresh Design Blog´s last blog ..Armadillo bread bin =-.

23. megmanionsilliker commented
    November 20th, 2009 at 7:37am

i.love.these.clocks!!!
    .-= megmanionsilliker´s last blog ..[alexis] = gorgeousness! =-.

24. Martha commented
    November 21st, 2009 at 10:26pm

I started collecting plates for a plate wall recently… I recognize some of these – the birds are Lenox, the reddish orange is Pier One, ….

but the first bluish green I love but dont know… also the light one with the ivory design around the edge? Any guesses?

25. Penny Patten commented
    November 22nd, 2009 at 7:03pm

The clocks with the Birds-I adore.
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..Decorating For The Holidays =-.

26. Deb commented
    November 23rd, 2009 at 4:08pm

The plate with the birds on it is from the Lenox collection “chirp”! I want that set!

27. Erin commented
    November 24th, 2009 at 2:13pm

oh I love these! I NEED one!

28. Josh Kulba commented
    December 13th, 2009 at 2:31am

I love the neatness of the images. I like things when they are done this way/ Thank you for the post!
    .-= Josh Kulba´s last blog ..Grandfather Clocks Repair =-.

29. Liz Scott commented
    April 29th, 2011 at 7:13pm

These clocks are great! I actually have that chirp china :o)