Etsy Faves

Etsy Take Five Tuesdays

January 26, 2010

It’s time to highlight some of my personal favorites over at Etsy this week! Today I have an eclectic mix for you, a little something for all starting with art that has heart, then moving on to pom pom headbands (you’ll see!), sweet fabrics, crafty finds and wrapping up with some pretty sweet prints by (surprise!) a guy – let’s face it, the ladies tend to dominate over at Etsy so when I find a guy with a great shop I usually do a little woot! woot! dance in my seat. Have fun!

Etsy Take Five Tuesdays

Love is in this air with Sarah + Bendrix from the UK. Don’t these look like something you’d find in some amazing London flat in Livingetc magazine or something? Love these. And best part, they look great on display long after February 14th.

Etsy Take Five Tuesdays

Maranon is amazing! Her knit and hand embroidered accessories are edgy and bold. Imagine wearing this pom pom headband? I can’t, but it’s very cool, especially for fashion shoots, runway, or if you’re hosting a fun cocktail party at home – it would be a riot to see what your friends think when you answer the door with giant pom poms on your head which remind me a bit of a mouse. Really sweet. The necklaces on the other hand, I would totally wear. Some of these would be great with a black turtleneck, some skinny jeans and a pair of caramel leather boots.

Etsy Take Five Tuesdays

On the prowl for fabrics that are sweet and colorful, perhaps for crafts or the bedroom of your little one? Scarlet Fig by fabric designer Laurie Wisbrun sells her own original designs available to ship worldwide — fabrics and pillow covers are available.

Etsy Take Five Tuesdays

Littleclouds is from the UK but recently moved to Hong Kong on a little adventure where she crafts all things cute from paper and fabric. You can’t help but notice her slight nod to her English roots in her products — and I like that. Her tea bag coasters are screen printed onto cork and are a personal favorite of mine.

Etsy Take Five Tuesdays

I haven’t shared work from Carving My Initials in awhile so in case you’d not read about him before, here is your chance to be exposed to some gorgeous lines and shapes – these are prints made from original paintings by artist Jim DeLucia in Rochester, New York.

(images linked to their sources above)

• Reply nelly January 26, 2010 at 7:44 am

As valentine’s day is close, I’m running hard to get a perfect gift. i think those framed pictures with heart shapes are awesome for your loved one.

• Reply Catrin January 26, 2010 at 7:58 am

The accessories from Maranon are wonderful – thanks for the tip Holly!
    .-= Catrin´s last blog ..YSL VINTAGE GUERILLAS POP-UP SHOWROOM =-.

• Reply coolranchstudio / oh chalet! January 26, 2010 at 8:07 am

i love each and every pick – especially sarah & bendrix. so elegant!
    .-= coolranchstudio / oh chalet!´s last blog ..something old, something new =-.

• Reply Michelle January 26, 2010 at 8:51 am

Those heart pieces are great!
    .-= Michelle´s last blog ..Lazy Weekend =-.

• Reply jules @ the diversion project January 26, 2010 at 8:56 am

I love these finds – just great!

Sarah + bendrix is already a fave of mine, absolutely everything in that store is just stunning!

.-= jules @ the diversion project´s last blog ..We’re Happy Little Vegemites =-.

• Reply Mina January 26, 2010 at 8:58 am

The teabag coasters are my favorite!! : )
    .-= Mina´s last blog ..Mid-Century Monday – 01.25.2010 – Angela Adams Rugs =-.

• Reply lisa h. January 26, 2010 at 9:01 am

Oooo, I spy a little dog art. Nice!
    .-= lisa h. ´s last blog ..My weakly post. =-.

• Reply Andreanna January 26, 2010 at 9:10 am

I love the english breakfast coasters!

• Reply Brandy January 26, 2010 at 9:10 am

I just found your take five tuesday! I love it! Thanks for featuring ETSY sellers.

• Reply Grace Hester Designs January 26, 2010 at 9:11 am

Everything looks so yummy and just sparked some ideas on potential Valentine’s Day gifts. Thanks for the post.

• Reply lindsay January 26, 2010 at 9:12 am

Thanks for introducing us to Jim DeLucia. Never seen his work before, I love it!
    .-= lindsay´s last blog ..Happy Monday. =-.

• Reply anka January 26, 2010 at 9:13 am

Wow, so nice picks. Especially Sarah and Bendrix’s creations.
    .-= anka´s last blog ..12 =-.

• Reply amarshall January 26, 2010 at 9:19 am

Great finds! I’m gong to go clicky click click over to Etsy and check out these shops.

• Reply Caroline January 26, 2010 at 9:20 am

These are great picks! I especially love Littleclouds and the strong personality behind the different pieces – not just the ones you’ve featured but everything there! And the necklaces are really great.

Thanks for sharing!
    .-= Caroline´s last blog ..Reknit: Sweater In, Surprise Out =-.

• Reply becky January 26, 2010 at 9:30 am

lovely picks! I especially love the little clouds stuff!
    .-= becky´s last blog ..Amethyst Twist Necklace =-.

• Reply Piper January 26, 2010 at 9:38 am

i have to say that i think the pom pom headband is so cool. i don’t think i could get away with wearing it…but it’s adorable! love the accessories from littleclouds…thanks for sharing!
    .-= Piper´s last blog ..{sleeping in} =-.

• Reply Etincelle January 26, 2010 at 9:51 am

I love the work of the first two artists! I think the necklaces are quite affordable given the amount of work (and time) it represents to make. It is the right price point and I would spend that much for a cute accessory, handmade on top of it! Great shop!!

• Reply Etincelle January 26, 2010 at 9:53 am

I also like that sarah+bendrix is providing the frame for her artwork; ready for display as soon as you get it in the mailbox!!

• Reply Etincelle January 26, 2010 at 9:54 am

I love the work of the first two artists!

• Reply Laura Gaskill January 26, 2010 at 9:58 am

Ooh! Ooh! I love the necklaces and heart art – though I must admit now my wheels are turning as to how I could do my own little DIY version of the heart art!

And I just clicked through Littleclouds shop & started cracking up over the “I heart poo” card – I may have to order that for my friend who has a toddler ;)
    .-= Laura Gaskill´s last blog ..AB Chao =-.

• Reply Sarah January 26, 2010 at 10:09 am

I love the framed hearts from UK. Just wish shipping wasn’t so high. I’d get a couple of them. Thanks for sharing
    .-= Sarah´s last blog ..Romantic Cottage Look =-.

• Reply Oscar January 26, 2010 at 10:20 am

Oh those frames areeeee soooo awesome!!
    .-= Oscar´s last blog ..Wishing. FELT LOVE iPhone Case =-.

• Reply Rachel @ Little Aviary January 26, 2010 at 10:22 am

Wow. These are absolutely wonderful. The Sarah + Bendrix pieces are just phenomenal. I’d love to do work like that someday :)
    .-= Rachel @ Little Aviary´s last blog ..I LOVE =-.

• Reply Karen January 26, 2010 at 10:42 am

I love the designs from Littleclouds, especially the wristwatch pincushion. I am a sucker for things pretending to be something else.

• Reply Lana of Simple Joys Paperie January 26, 2010 at 11:28 am

Holly, You always find the most fun and whimsical things! Etsy is full of surprises!
    .-= Lana of Simple Joys Paperie´s last blog ..Love Token Valentine No.7 – Double Hearts =-.

• Reply Lacey January 26, 2010 at 11:41 am

Great blog! I Love the Litteclouds
    .-= Lacey´s last blog ..Are you a tub person or a shower person? =-.

• Reply Alice at Simply The Nest January 26, 2010 at 2:03 pm

So there I was pondering on what to give my husband on Valentine’s Day, when I wandered over to Decor8 to check out your latest posts, and my eye immediately fell upon those wonderful framed paper hearts – and what do you know, she’s a UK seller too. I’ve checked out her shop, and already chosen the picture I’m going to purchase. C’est trop parfait! Merci :-)

• Reply Jenn~ January 26, 2010 at 2:41 pm

I have been a HUGE fan of Scarlet Figs and I adore the new fabric line she has…..fantastic…..!!!!

• Reply Morgan Bradshaw January 26, 2010 at 4:04 pm

I love this post!!! I am for sure looking into some of these shops!
    .-= Morgan Bradshaw´s last blog ..Warm Gifts For Two Lovely Ladies =-.

• Reply So Spiffy January 26, 2010 at 9:34 pm

Aside from the artists which are talented.. I love that woman’s hair…
    .-= So Spiffy´s last blog ..A Chic Modern Outside with a side of fashion and a plate of Christmas and I LOVE Schogetten! =-.

• Reply Rachael, Pistachio Press January 26, 2010 at 11:04 pm

Jim’s work is awesome! I have one of his paintings in my office. Great picks.

• Reply danielle January 27, 2010 at 1:11 am

i just bought a necklace from spinthread aka maranon and got it last week. i can tell you the quality is great and the packaging is too! i have gotten so many compliments on it… only bad thing is it is hard to choose which to buy. i was really happy to see her showcased in your etsy finds.

• Reply Melibu January 27, 2010 at 5:14 am

I love the ideas of Sarah & Bendrix ! And little clouds is…oh my god, I will spend all my money there !
    .-= Melibu´s last blog ..Alice b. Gardens =-.

• Reply Kathy Davis January 27, 2010 at 9:14 am

I love them all especially the hearts! I have a soft spot for hearts.
    .-= Kathy Davis´s last blog ..What an Honor =-.

• Reply jim January 27, 2010 at 9:43 am

just wanted to say thanks! everyone’s work looks great.

• Reply aemcdraw January 27, 2010 at 11:41 am

Oh I love the hearts collection!

• Reply thedoodlegirl January 27, 2010 at 12:40 pm

I LOVE that “10 things I love about you” card!!!
    .-= thedoodlegirl´s last blog ..Trees at Night =-.

• Reply Penny Patten January 27, 2010 at 1:33 pm

I really Like Sarah & Bendrix, as well as Scarlet Figs, fabrics! Thanks for sharing!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..Sporting My Bomber Hat out for an afternoon stroll! =-.

• Reply Amanda January 27, 2010 at 2:29 pm

The tea bag coasters are amazing! Great find!

• Reply veronika January 27, 2010 at 6:11 pm

.-= veronika´s last blog ..busy busy busy =-.

• Reply Sarah January 28, 2010 at 1:14 am

Maranón! So nice to see Lorena here. Her embroidered necklaces and pom pom headbands rock my socks off! We’re having a giveaway on our blog in the next few weeks with one of those necklaces. So hard having it give it away, though!
    .-= Sarah´s last blog ..A Fine Design: Cocktail Menu =-.

• Reply Anna January 28, 2010 at 3:45 pm

Love the picks, especially those from sarah & bendrix. It’s a while since I am thinking of putting some art on walls, but there are so many great ideas on Etsy I just have not made up my mind yet. I have bought some wall decals from Etsy tho, one of them is of a zebra and my partner is mad about zebras. It’s his birthday tomorrow, so I am looking forward to giving it to him:)
    .-= Anna´s last blog ..Handmade ruby red enamel butterfly earrings and pendant set =-.

• Reply jamieofalltrades January 29, 2010 at 12:21 am

those paper hearts are so cute. i love them!
    .-= jamieofalltrades´s last blog ..honey tangerine =-.

• Reply dagmar January 29, 2010 at 1:27 am

Hi everybody, some of those photos look great, I like decorating and making my home cute :-) and my friends too.
    Here is something more about me, blog is still in building process, but please welcome!

.-= dagmar´s last blog ..Triptych =-.

• Reply dagmar January 29, 2010 at 1:30 am

I like work of Scarlet Fig, it is amazing!
    .-= dagmar´s last blog ..Triptych =-.

• Reply dagmar January 29, 2010 at 1:32 am

I would use fbrics from Scarlet for curtains in kids room. So cute and lovely!

• Reply erin p. January 29, 2010 at 9:58 am

thanks for the heads up on these etsy sellers! i love the heart shadowboxes, and scarlet figs animal print fabrics… we find out if we are having a boy or girl next week and are putting a nursery together- i would love to incorporate some of these things into the room!

• Reply jen jafarzadeh January 30, 2010 at 9:07 am

Love those tea bag coasters! so fun and original.
    .-= jen jafarzadeh´s last blog ..scrapbook inspiration =-.

• Reply Chris January 30, 2010 at 4:25 pm

Yay! Love IS in the air! Haha, I love valentine’s day, even if I don’t have a valentine it’s still okay cause of all the neat heart-influenced designs that come out, ha. I love the above valentine’s time designs, looks beautiful.
    .-= Chris´s last blog ..Bridgestone Motorcycle Tires =-.

• Reply Rachel February 2, 2010 at 12:14 am

Truly beautiful handmade things here. Etsy is my weakness.
    .-= Rachel´s last blog .."Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does. " William James =-.

• Reply karin Grow February 4, 2010 at 10:38 pm

I love Scarlet Figs fabric! I’ve been buying them since she started her Etsy shop. They are so cute, it’s hard to cut them up. Karin

• Reply Sarah K February 9, 2011 at 5:56 pm

I’ll take it all! What great finds. Thanks for sharing.