Etsy Take Five Tuesdays

It’s time to highlight some of my personal favorites over at Etsy this week! Today I have an eclectic mix for you, a little something for all starting with art that has heart, then moving on to pom pom headbands (you’ll see!), sweet fabrics, crafty finds and wrapping up with some pretty sweet prints by (surprise!) a guy – let’s face it, the ladies tend to dominate over at Etsy so when I find a guy with a great shop I usually do a little woot! woot! dance in my seat. Have fun!

Etsy Take Give Tuesdays

Love is in this air with Sarah + Bendrix from the UK. Don’t these look like something you’d find in some amazing London flat in Livingetc magazine or something? Love these. And best part, they look great on display long after February 14th.

Etsy Take Give Tuesdays

Maranon is amazing! Her knit and hand embroidered accessories are edgy and bold. Imagine wearing this pom pom headband? I can’t, but it’s very cool, especially for fashion shoots, runway, or if you’re hosting a fun cocktail party at home – it would be a riot to see what your friends think when you answer the door with giant pom poms on your head which remind me a bit of a mouse. Really sweet. The necklaces on the other hand, I would totally wear. Some of these would be great with a black turtleneck, some skinny jeans and a pair of caramel leather boots.

Etsy Take Give Tuesdays

On the prowl for fabrics that are sweet and colorful, perhaps for crafts or the bedroom of your little one? Scarlet Fig by fabric designer Laurie Wisbrun sells her own original designs available to ship worldwide — fabrics and pillow covers are available.

Etsy Take Give Tuesdays

Littleclouds is from the UK but recently moved to Hong Kong on a little adventure where she crafts all things cute from paper and fabric. You can’t help but notice her slight nod to her English roots in her products — and I like that. Her tea bag coasters are screen printed onto cork and are a personal favorite of mine.

Etsy Take Give Tuesdays

I haven’t shared work from Carving My Initials in awhile so in case you’d not read about him before, here is your chance to be exposed to some gorgeous lines and shapes – these are prints made from original paintings by artist Jim DeLucia in Rochester, New York.

(images linked to their sources above)

Posted by decor8 in etsy, Etsy Take 5 Tuesday on January 26, 2010

1. nelly commented
    January 26th, 2010 at 7:44am

As valentine’s day is close, I’m running hard to get a perfect gift. i think those framed pictures with heart shapes are awesome for your loved one.

2. Catrin commented
    January 26th, 2010 at 7:58am

The accessories from Maranon are wonderful – thanks for the tip Holly!
    .-= Catrin´s last blog ..YSL VINTAGE GUERILLAS POP-UP SHOWROOM =-.

3. coolranchstudio / oh chalet! commented
    January 26th, 2010 at 8:07am

i love each and every pick – especially sarah & bendrix. so elegant!
    .-= coolranchstudio / oh chalet!´s last blog ..something old, something new =-.

4. Michelle commented
    January 26th, 2010 at 8:51am

Those heart pieces are great!
    .-= Michelle´s last blog ..Lazy Weekend =-.

5. jules @ the diversion project commented
    January 26th, 2010 at 8:56am

I love these finds – just great!

Sarah + bendrix is already a fave of mine, absolutely everything in that store is just stunning!

jules
    .-= jules @ the diversion project´s last blog ..We’re Happy Little Vegemites =-.

6. Mina commented
    January 26th, 2010 at 8:58am

The teabag coasters are my favorite!! : )
    .-= Mina´s last blog ..Mid-Century Monday – 01.25.2010 – Angela Adams Rugs =-.

7. lisa h. commented
    January 26th, 2010 at 9:01am

Oooo, I spy a little dog art. Nice!
    .-= lisa h. ´s last blog ..My weakly post. =-.

8. Andreanna commented
    January 26th, 2010 at 9:10am

I love the english breakfast coasters!

9. Brandy commented
    January 26th, 2010 at 9:10am

I just found your take five tuesday! I love it! Thanks for featuring ETSY sellers.

Brandy

10. Grace Hester Designs commented
    January 26th, 2010 at 9:11am

Everything looks so yummy and just sparked some ideas on potential Valentine’s Day gifts. Thanks for the post.

11. lindsay commented
    January 26th, 2010 at 9:12am

Thanks for introducing us to Jim DeLucia. Never seen his work before, I love it!
    .-= lindsay´s last blog ..Happy Monday. =-.

12. anka commented
    January 26th, 2010 at 9:13am

Wow, so nice picks. Especially Sarah and Bendrix’s creations.
    .-= anka´s last blog ..12 =-.

13. amarshall commented
    January 26th, 2010 at 9:19am

Great finds! I’m gong to go clicky click click over to Etsy and check out these shops.

14. Caroline commented
    January 26th, 2010 at 9:20am

These are great picks! I especially love Littleclouds and the strong personality behind the different pieces – not just the ones you’ve featured but everything there! And the necklaces are really great.

Thanks for sharing!
    Caroline
    .-= Caroline´s last blog ..Reknit: Sweater In, Surprise Out =-.

15. becky commented
    January 26th, 2010 at 9:30am

lovely picks! I especially love the little clouds stuff!
    .-= becky´s last blog ..Amethyst Twist Necklace =-.

16. Piper commented
    January 26th, 2010 at 9:38am

i have to say that i think the pom pom headband is so cool. i don’t think i could get away with wearing it…but it’s adorable! love the accessories from littleclouds…thanks for sharing!
    .-= Piper´s last blog ..{sleeping in} =-.

17. Etincelle commented
    January 26th, 2010 at 9:51am

I love the work of the first two artists! I think the necklaces are quite affordable given the amount of work (and time) it represents to make. It is the right price point and I would spend that much for a cute accessory, handmade on top of it! Great shop!!

18. Etincelle commented
    January 26th, 2010 at 9:53am

I also like that sarah+bendrix is providing the frame for her artwork; ready for display as soon as you get it in the mailbox!!

19. Etincelle commented
    January 26th, 2010 at 9:54am

I love the work of the first two artists!

20. Laura Gaskill commented
    January 26th, 2010 at 9:58am

Ooh! Ooh! I love the necklaces and heart art – though I must admit now my wheels are turning as to how I could do my own little DIY version of the heart art!

And I just clicked through Littleclouds shop & started cracking up over the “I heart poo” card – I may have to order that for my friend who has a toddler ;)
    .-= Laura Gaskill´s last blog ..AB Chao =-.

21. Sarah commented
    January 26th, 2010 at 10:09am

I love the framed hearts from UK. Just wish shipping wasn’t so high. I’d get a couple of them. Thanks for sharing
    .-= Sarah´s last blog ..Romantic Cottage Look =-.

22. Oscar commented
    January 26th, 2010 at 10:20am

Oh those frames areeeee soooo awesome!!
    .-= Oscar´s last blog ..Wishing. FELT LOVE iPhone Case =-.

23. Rachel @ Little Aviary commented
    January 26th, 2010 at 10:22am

Wow. These are absolutely wonderful. The Sarah + Bendrix pieces are just phenomenal. I’d love to do work like that someday :)
    .-= Rachel @ Little Aviary´s last blog ..I LOVE =-.

24. Karen commented
    January 26th, 2010 at 10:42am

I love the designs from Littleclouds, especially the wristwatch pincushion. I am a sucker for things pretending to be something else.

25. Lana of Simple Joys Paperie commented
    January 26th, 2010 at 11:28am

Holly, You always find the most fun and whimsical things! Etsy is full of surprises!
    .-= Lana of Simple Joys Paperie´s last blog ..Love Token Valentine No.7 – Double Hearts =-.

26. Lacey commented
    January 26th, 2010 at 11:41am

Great blog! I Love the Litteclouds
    .-= Lacey´s last blog ..Are you a tub person or a shower person? =-.

27. Alice at Simply The Nest commented
    January 26th, 2010 at 2:03pm

So there I was pondering on what to give my husband on Valentine’s Day, when I wandered over to Decor8 to check out your latest posts, and my eye immediately fell upon those wonderful framed paper hearts – and what do you know, she’s a UK seller too. I’ve checked out her shop, and already chosen the picture I’m going to purchase. C’est trop parfait! Merci :-)

28. Jenn~ commented
    January 26th, 2010 at 2:41pm

I have been a HUGE fan of Scarlet Figs and I adore the new fabric line she has…..fantastic…..!!!!

29. Morgan Bradshaw commented
    January 26th, 2010 at 4:04pm

I love this post!!! I am for sure looking into some of these shops!
    .-= Morgan Bradshaw´s last blog ..Warm Gifts For Two Lovely Ladies =-.

30. So Spiffy commented
    January 26th, 2010 at 9:34pm

Aside from the artists which are talented.. I love that woman’s hair…
    .-= So Spiffy´s last blog ..A Chic Modern Outside with a side of fashion and a plate of Christmas and I LOVE Schogetten! =-.

31. Rachael, Pistachio Press commented
    January 26th, 2010 at 11:04pm

Jim’s work is awesome! I have one of his paintings in my office. Great picks.

32. danielle commented
    January 27th, 2010 at 1:11am

i just bought a necklace from spinthread aka maranon and got it last week. i can tell you the quality is great and the packaging is too! i have gotten so many compliments on it… only bad thing is it is hard to choose which to buy. i was really happy to see her showcased in your etsy finds.

33. Melibu commented
    January 27th, 2010 at 5:14am

I love the ideas of Sarah & Bendrix ! And little clouds is…oh my god, I will spend all my money there !
    .-= Melibu´s last blog ..Alice b. Gardens =-.

34. Kathy Davis commented
    January 27th, 2010 at 9:14am

I love them all especially the hearts! I have a soft spot for hearts.
    .-= Kathy Davis´s last blog ..What an Honor =-.

35. jim commented
    January 27th, 2010 at 9:43am

just wanted to say thanks! everyone’s work looks great.

36. aemcdraw commented
    January 27th, 2010 at 11:41am

Oh I love the hearts collection!

37. thedoodlegirl commented
    January 27th, 2010 at 12:40pm

I LOVE that “10 things I love about you” card!!!
    .-= thedoodlegirl´s last blog ..Trees at Night =-.

38. Penny Patten commented
    January 27th, 2010 at 1:33pm

I really Like Sarah & Bendrix, as well as Scarlet Figs, fabrics! Thanks for sharing!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..Sporting My Bomber Hat out for an afternoon stroll! =-.

39. Amanda commented
    January 27th, 2010 at 2:29pm

The tea bag coasters are amazing! Great find!

40. veronika commented
    January 27th, 2010 at 6:11pm

.-= veronika´s last blog ..busy busy busy =-.

41. Sarah commented
    January 28th, 2010 at 1:14am

Maranón! So nice to see Lorena here. Her embroidered necklaces and pom pom headbands rock my socks off! We’re having a giveaway on our blog in the next few weeks with one of those necklaces. So hard having it give it away, though!
    .-= Sarah´s last blog ..A Fine Design: Cocktail Menu =-.

42. Anna commented
    January 28th, 2010 at 3:45pm

Love the picks, especially those from sarah & bendrix. It’s a while since I am thinking of putting some art on walls, but there are so many great ideas on Etsy I just have not made up my mind yet. I have bought some wall decals from Etsy tho, one of them is of a zebra and my partner is mad about zebras. It’s his birthday tomorrow, so I am looking forward to giving it to him:)
    .-= Anna´s last blog ..Handmade ruby red enamel butterfly earrings and pendant set =-.

43. jamieofalltrades commented
    January 29th, 2010 at 12:21am

those paper hearts are so cute. i love them!
    .-= jamieofalltrades´s last blog ..honey tangerine =-.

44. dagmar commented
    January 29th, 2010 at 1:27am

Hi everybody, some of those photos look great, I like decorating and making my home cute :-) and my friends too.
    Here is something more about me, blog is still in building process, but please welcome!

.-= dagmar´s last blog ..Triptych =-.

45. dagmar commented
    January 29th, 2010 at 1:30am

I like work of Scarlet Fig, it is amazing!
    .-= dagmar´s last blog ..Triptych =-.

46. dagmar commented
    January 29th, 2010 at 1:32am

I would use fbrics from Scarlet for curtains in kids room. So cute and lovely!

47. erin p. commented
    January 29th, 2010 at 9:58am

thanks for the heads up on these etsy sellers! i love the heart shadowboxes, and scarlet figs animal print fabrics… we find out if we are having a boy or girl next week and are putting a nursery together- i would love to incorporate some of these things into the room!

48. jen jafarzadeh commented
    January 30th, 2010 at 9:07am

Love those tea bag coasters! so fun and original.
    .-= jen jafarzadeh´s last blog ..scrapbook inspiration =-.

49. Chris commented
    January 30th, 2010 at 4:25pm

Yay! Love IS in the air! Haha, I love valentine’s day, even if I don’t have a valentine it’s still okay cause of all the neat heart-influenced designs that come out, ha. I love the above valentine’s time designs, looks beautiful.
    .-= Chris´s last blog ..Bridgestone Motorcycle Tires =-.

50. Rachel commented
    February 2nd, 2010 at 12:14am

Truly beautiful handmade things here. Etsy is my weakness.
    .-= Rachel´s last blog .."Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does. " William James =-.

51. karin Grow commented
    February 4th, 2010 at 10:38pm

I love Scarlet Figs fabric! I’ve been buying them since she started her Etsy shop. They are so cute, it’s hard to cut them up. Karin

52. Sarah K commented
    February 9th, 2011 at 5:56pm

I’ll take it all! What great finds. Thanks for sharing.
    Sarah K´s last blog post ..Today I love this sea grass bin