Etsy Faves

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

February 16, 2010

Oh my God (or shall I say ZOMGZ!) I totally cheated on this week’s Etsy Take Five Tuesday because 3 out of my 5 finds I spotted on the Etsy home page today. I know, I know, my head is low in shame. But I couldn’t resist, a few that I clicked on just blew me away and I thought, “Hey, I’m DOING this!” so here are my five finds for the week. Ready, ya’ll?

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Gorgeous, colorful fine art photography by Mina Georgescu of depuis. I just love her in-situ shots, seeing them living in a space totally helps doesn’t it?

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Cottage Farm in San Francisco has some lovely vintage finds in her shop, her French countryside sensibility makes me want to pack a cute little fiat and head out to a stone cottage ASAP. If only I had a stone cottage and it was about 900 degrees warmer!

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

I adore my leather bags but in the summer months I like to mix in fabric totes as I find them lightweight and easy to care for. These handbag goodies are designed by Creek Bed Threads in Pennsylvania. Her most recent designs and product shots are just great!

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Sweet Beaker in Georgia has some sweet and simple handmade papers, and I even spot a little chevron action there, too!

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

And Plytextiles. Ah. Be still my beating heart, this is the good stuff. Handmade modern textiles for the home created from 100% recycled wool sweaters, made into felt, in Chicago. I’ll take… ten!

(images: linked to their sources above)

54 Comments

• Reply Tricia McKellar February 16, 2010 at 2:10 pm

Love Mina’s shots of her work in-situ. I really must work on those shots of my photography. And the sweater pillows are wonderful– they so go with the chevron vibe. Very cool! :)
    .-= Tricia McKellar´s last blog ..After the Rain, 12×12 Fine Art Photograph by Tricia McKellar =-.

• Reply michelle February 16, 2010 at 2:11 pm

WOW, Plytextiles, what a find! I love the three dimensional texture of the designs and of course love that everything is made of up-cycled materials.
    .-= michelle´s last blog ..God Bless Fake Holidays =-.

• Reply My Owl Barn February 16, 2010 at 2:15 pm

WOW! Great picks, again. My instant favorite are those pillows by Plytextiles.
    .-= My Owl Barn´s last blog ..{Nice Work} =-.

• Reply amuandpri February 16, 2010 at 2:18 pm

beautiful pillows

• Reply Laurie February 16, 2010 at 2:19 pm

LOVE those pillows. I use recycled sweaters too, but I don’t think I have the patience to make them that precise. Jealous. :)

• Reply Lorena February 16, 2010 at 2:22 pm

Oooooh!
    I love this post!! beautiful designs, everything is so bright and neat, lovely items!
    I have new favorite shops :)
    .-= Lorena´s last blog ..199 Carat Series – Faceted Pear Pendant =-.

• Reply laura trevey February 16, 2010 at 2:34 pm

Wonderful picks!! Cool geometric designs on the pillows!!
    .-= laura trevey´s last blog ..Reading is Sexy =-.

• Reply Heather February 16, 2010 at 2:38 pm

Wow, you’re right, seeing those beautiful photos displayed really makes them stand out. So dreamy!

Those pretty handbags really make me lust for the springtime. And those pillows, my god, those pillows. Is it wrong to want to buy a new couch just to accommodate a few of Plytextiles’ amazing pillows?
    .-= Heather´s last blog ..Doreen, Woodland Knitter – 8×10 Print =-.

• Reply Morgan Bradshaw February 16, 2010 at 2:40 pm

gorgeous! i love etsy you can find the coolest stuff on there!
    .-= Morgan Bradshaw´s last blog ..DEO Warehouse =-.

• Reply Chantelle {fat mum slim} February 16, 2010 at 2:45 pm

Oh such lovely finds.

And there shall be no head hanging! ;)
    .-= Chantelle {fat mum slim}´s last blog ..Everyday Everybody: Jane. =-.

• Reply Sarah February 16, 2010 at 2:46 pm

OMG! I was on Etsy’s home page today too and totally feel in love depuis’ photos too. It totally fits in with circus post you made a week or so ago.
    .-= Sarah´s last blog ..Scrapbooker’s Paradise =-.

• Reply jacaranda Designs February 16, 2010 at 2:58 pm

Gosh, so many gorgeous items. I especially like the paper from Sweet Beaker.
    Lovely finds!
    .-= jacaranda Designs´s last blog ..Sweet and Simple Earrings =-.

• Reply fresh365 February 16, 2010 at 2:58 pm

Great finds! Those pillows are amazing. Just might be what I’m looking for when I redecorate my living room next month… thanks!

• Reply Linz February 16, 2010 at 3:08 pm

it isn’t cheating if you really love it! and i add to that love! the cottage vintage pieces are mine! all mine!

• Reply Sarah Sarniak February 16, 2010 at 3:18 pm

The sweater pillows look so warm and comfy!!
    .-= Sarah Sarniak´s last blog ..Major Budget Decorating =-.

• Reply City Chic - Jamie February 16, 2010 at 3:37 pm

Those pillows look so cozy! Love the shapes and textures used in them. Fabulous finds again! Thanks Holly!
    .-= City Chic – Jamie´s last blog ..Jamaica =-.

• Reply CreativeButterflyXOX February 16, 2010 at 4:18 pm

Oh wow, all so beautiful, I don’t know which one I like best. God I LOVE Etsy, it’s amazing, so many talent people.
    .-= CreativeButterflyXOX´s last blog ..Vintage Upcycled Navy Blue Hand Bag With Hand Painted White Hummingbird/Humming Bird Design =-.

• Reply jenn February 16, 2010 at 4:50 pm

I totally look forward to your tuesday etsy posts — you find their BEST items! I especially love those bottom pillows.

• Reply christina February 16, 2010 at 5:34 pm

Beautiful stuff! Those pillows are amazing!

• Reply Raru February 16, 2010 at 5:40 pm

Wow… I love Mina Georgescu photos. Thank you!!!!
    .-= Raru´s last blog ..Actor’s apartment ? ??????????? ?? ??????? =-.

• Reply Mausumi February 16, 2010 at 6:19 pm

I love the paper from Sweet Beaker. Everything paper = love for me.

I love buying beautiful paper goods, like sheets and wrapping paper and frame them in ikea frames. Cavallini have some really nice wrapping papers! :)
    .-= Mausumi´s last blog ..Talula s/s 2010 =-.

• Reply Laura February 16, 2010 at 6:29 pm

Nice picks (even if you might have been spurred on by the home page ;-)Those pillows are wonderful!!

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente February 16, 2010 at 6:34 pm

Oh, fantastic! These are all so great hun, thank you!
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Cheap & Chic: inspired by a painting =-.

• Reply pilgrim February 16, 2010 at 6:40 pm

holly, you cute cutie, your posts today are so funny! so playful and zesty. makes me want fresh snow and blue skies! :D
    .-= pilgrim´s last blog ..mixtape: the teen bedroom top five =-.

• Reply moderneve February 16, 2010 at 7:38 pm

holly, i have to say that after being in your class and hearing your voice, i am enjoying your posts that MUCH more! when i read i can actually hear you speaking…i love it!
    .-= moderneve´s last blog ..weekend recap + new look! =-.

• Reply Beach Vintage February 16, 2010 at 9:48 pm

How clever are those cushions…love them.
    .-= Beach Vintage´s last blog ..~ Dead Peoples Stuff on Sale ~ =-.

• Reply packageinstyle February 16, 2010 at 11:21 pm

Lovely Finds!
    .-= packageinstyle´s last blog ..beaded twine. orange =-.

• Reply Lori February 16, 2010 at 11:38 pm

Oh I love those pillows! I love the geometric shapes and the fact that they look so warm. :-)
    .-= Lori´s last blog ..St. Augustine, Florida Trip =-.

• Reply So Spiffy (Girl Japan) February 17, 2010 at 3:06 am

Really like the bag, I really need something that can haul all my crap. I like your finds, they are very colorful and vibrant.. My house is so Tres Chic Simple…. so much so, there is NO color.
    .-= So Spiffy (Girl Japan)´s last blog ..I totally dig Broccoli and Cauliflower! =-.

• Reply visualingual February 17, 2010 at 7:43 am

Wow! The Plytextiles pillows are to die for! I love them!
    .-= visualingual´s last blog ..Flourishing: A New Line of Home Accessories by VisuaLingual =-.

• Reply mutuelle February 17, 2010 at 9:07 am

nice pics, a fabulous decoration!!!

• Reply Sweetwine & Snowflakes February 17, 2010 at 9:13 am

love Love LOVE these posts and look forward to them every week. Of course the photographs are simply darling, I have to add her to my favorites!! Thanks again..

• Reply SweetBeaker February 17, 2010 at 9:28 am

thanks for showing a little SweetBeaker, Holly! was totally caught off guard!

• Reply ThiliBlooms February 17, 2010 at 9:31 am

I love this findings! and the puppy on top of the books, so cute! have a wonderful day :)
    .-= ThiliBlooms´s last blog ..Teal and turquoise =-.

• Reply Andy Mathis February 17, 2010 at 10:01 am

Those recycled sweater pillows from Plytextiles are amazing. Really cool.

Great Finds- all of them.
    .-= Andy Mathis´s last blog ..Yay! SNOW DAY. . . No School! =-.

• Reply jacqueline February 17, 2010 at 10:13 am

I aodre that GRID TILES FELT PILLOW from Plytextiles! Gorgeous colors! I’ve been really busy with chinese new year celebration..so glad i finally found some time to knock on your gorgeous bubble space! Have a lovely sweet day and love to you! Keep warm!
    .-= jacqueline´s last blog ..Hearts and sweetness =-.

• Reply Juana @ SweetVisualAids February 17, 2010 at 10:52 am

Great finds! :)
    .-= Juana @ SweetVisualAids´s last blog ..Sweet Cupcakes Liners! =-.

• Reply cottagefarm February 17, 2010 at 11:43 am

wow! thank you so much for having cottage farm here with all of these other beautiful etsy shops- cheers!

• Reply Sara February 17, 2010 at 12:24 pm

wonderful finds! Depuis is one of my favorites–and now I have some NEW favorites! :)

• Reply Erin February 17, 2010 at 1:06 pm

Thank you so much for featuring my shop! I was so pleased to stumble upon this blog through Analytics. Wonderful blog, it’s beautiful! Thank you again, you have made my day!
    .-= Erin´s last blog ..Free Banner and Avi Set for Etsy =-.

• Reply Stacey February 17, 2010 at 3:02 pm

You always find such great items on Etsy! I love those pillows – they’re so trendy and cozy-looking!
    .-= Stacey´s last blog ..Ash Wednesday: The Start of Lent =-.

• Reply mina February 17, 2010 at 5:01 pm

Holly, thank you very much for the feature! I get your newsletter daily and was so pleasantly surprised to open its yesterday and find my photos there.

The pillows are adorable!
    .-= mina´s last blog ..Coney Island Carnivale – Fine Art Photography 8 x 8 – Ready to ship =-.

• Reply Lindy February 17, 2010 at 6:40 pm

Thanks so much for the feature! I really appreciate all the feedback on my pillows…it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy! Thanks again!

• Reply lux February 17, 2010 at 7:08 pm

hi holly.
    i love the take 5 tuesdays you always do. ALWAYS. but i have to admit, sometimes i think the way you go about picking them is unfair. having read your blog for a suuuuper long time, i see consistency in your style, which is great, i understand it. having a fine arts background and working as an artist, i understand & sympathize with the desire to present beautiful looking things.
    however, i feel like a lot of well made etsy products go overlooked by you because they’re not photographed in crisp, white environs or have cath kidston undertones. i know that i personally don’t live in a place gushing with sunlight (pacific northwesters will get it), and since i have to create to make my living, and don’t depend on a weekly paycheck, i cannot go out & make photographic investments while money is tight. a lot of my stuff is shot outside, or with makeshift odds & ends to try and brighten my goods up. lots of photoshop help. still, and this is certainly not about myself, it’s about all the other people in the world who are in similar positions, i feel like you only feature goods that will accentuate how your blog will look, very… magazine worthy, if you will. which is a good thing, but very elitist in some ways too.

i’m asking that you don’t always judge a book by it’s cover. or a cross stitch by it’s woodgrain hung wall, a necklace presented on a formica counter top. i know you have an aesthetic to uphold, but you encourage readers to be vocal, so i’m hoping you’ll look past what will make you look good all the time & look a little closer at the underdogs.

thanks for reading. i don’t want this to sound snotty by any means, just constructive, which can be difficult to decipher in some cases by way of the internet. i hope it conveys what i’m saying.

best wishes & i will still continue to love & read your work.

• Reply Stephanie February 17, 2010 at 7:26 pm

Love those chevron note cards…thanks for the intro!

• Reply natalie brown February 17, 2010 at 11:58 pm

love the geometrics this season–glad that they are back!
    i like how you show different patterns but have the “common” colors
    we used to think that we couldn’t put these items together but we can!
    isn’t change fun?! thanks for sharing your super ideas with us!

• Reply natalie brown February 18, 2010 at 12:01 am

what a nice variety—

• Reply ruxandra February 18, 2010 at 3:07 am

It is so nice to see a Romanian photographer featured on your amazing lovely blog:)Have a lovely day!

• Reply Diana February 18, 2010 at 8:42 am

Oh my goodness!! Those tile pillows are amazing. We’re currently sourcing tile for a bathroom renovation project and those patterns are embedded in my brain :-)
    .-= Diana´s last blog ..Busy as a Bee =-.

• Reply sophia February 18, 2010 at 6:59 pm

ahh…thank you for plytextiles! what a great etsy find….favorites, check!

• Reply Gosia February 19, 2010 at 9:58 am

Those felted-sweaters pillows are just too beautiful for words.
    .-= Gosia´s last blog ..Picture a Day: Goodness Gracious Granola =-.

• Reply Ali Walsh/Dolan Geiman February 19, 2010 at 9:03 pm

Great selections today. I particularly love this collection of vintage oil cans available from cottage farm: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=39935642
    .-= Ali Walsh/Dolan Geiman´s last blog ..Blue Plate Special: Name Your Price Day =-.

• Reply meredith February 20, 2010 at 11:49 am

truly incredible pillows…love the recycled aspect of them as well!