Arts + Crafts, Etsy Faves

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

March 9, 2010

I need to be brief, I’m on the fly and it’s getting late… but I could not miss Etsy Take Five Tuesday this week because there are some real gems to share. No detailed descriptions this time around boys and girls… just pure sticky sweet eye candy glowing from the screen. Here you go — my five picks for the week. I do hope that you enjoy them. The first find is a riot.. I want the lemon print AND the pink heart ‘cos Home is where the heART is!

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Dear Colleen has bright and cheery stationery for spring. Gotta love the wisdom in this print, “When life hands you lemons make a gin and tonic.” A woman after my own heart.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Bella Drummer art, gift tags, and other pretty things…

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

One Canoe Two has loads of letterpress goodness but this amazing DIY town blew me away when I read about it on Handmade Charlotte today.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Wicked Mint in Brooklyn has some wicked awesome pillows.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Gingiber prints are quirky and colorful and well, they just make me smile.

Spot any insta-faves? (images: linked to their source above)

You Might Also Like

• Reply craftomania tools March 9, 2010 at 6:11 pm

Oh beautiful selections!
    .-= craftomania tools´s last blog ..Women’s Day Treasuries =-.

• Reply sarah b. March 9, 2010 at 6:23 pm

oh, great finds! love those prints (especially the lemon one!), and the pillows & the little paper neighborhood. lovely bits… added lots to my favorites for my next etsy shopping binge.
    .-= sarah b.´s last blog ..going mad =-.

• Reply Malisams March 9, 2010 at 6:36 pm

That’s all lovely, but I *really* love the gray chair in the Wicked Mint set. Gorgeous.

• Reply Meg March 9, 2010 at 6:37 pm

I love those ‘Home is where the heART is’ signs! I always enjoy these ‘word in word’ things :)
    .-= Meg´s last blog ..Pay It Forward =-.

• Reply Jackie March 9, 2010 at 6:43 pm

I can’t get over those houses!
    .-= Jackie´s last blog ..March Displays in the Library =-.

• Reply Holly March 9, 2010 at 6:43 pm

I do love Dear Colleen. I like the use of bakers twine. Those would be lovely to pack up spring cupcakes for a dear friend.

• Reply Frau Mayer March 9, 2010 at 7:01 pm

Right, this kit is sold out. Now they’ll need like 10000 additional ones – and I’ll be the first to buy one :)
    .-= Frau Mayer´s last blog ..Real Living – an extra copy for sale plus new arrivals =-.

• Reply daisy janie March 9, 2010 at 7:32 pm

beautiful selections! i adore those pillows by wicked mint!! wow.
    .-= daisy janie´s last blog ..a new design + your opinion on colors (a little giveaway, too) =-.

• Reply jacqueline March 9, 2010 at 8:03 pm

These are gorgeous shops! I really enjoy the shops of Dear Colleen and Bella Drummer! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!
    .-= jacqueline´s last blog ..sticky, sweet and cuteness =-.

• Reply The Making of a Home Renovation Show March 9, 2010 at 8:51 pm

GREAT stuff!
    .-= The Making of a Home Renovation Show´s last blog .."Before and After..Kitchen Corner Quagmire" =-.

• Reply summerbl4ck March 9, 2010 at 9:37 pm

I love Dear Colleen. Interestingly it was featured on design*sponge today as well.

• Reply handmadecharlotte March 9, 2010 at 10:09 pm

i love everything you post!!!!
    .-= handmadecharlotte´s last blog ..Cakes by Amy Stevens =-.

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente March 9, 2010 at 11:44 pm

Oh, so many lovely finds! I love them all and am off to check them all out in detail! Thank you hun, I don’t know how you always find such fresh finds!
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Over here! :) =-.

• Reply decor8 March 10, 2010 at 3:08 am

Melissa thank you — I love how excited you get each week when I post take 5. When I’m pulling together the images on Tuesday morning I ALWAYS think, “I bet Melissa will love these!” :)

• Reply Queeniebee March 10, 2010 at 12:47 am

Gingiber’s prints are fabulous. In fact all this work is really, really good!
    .-= Queeniebee´s last blog ..I heart monochrome =-.

• Reply Juana @ SweetVisualAids March 10, 2010 at 4:06 am

Lovely as always :) Specially the prints from Dear Colleen!! ahhaha loved the
    “When life hands you lemons make a gin and tonic.” super original!
    .-= Juana @ SweetVisualAids´s last blog ..Anthropologie in London, Shop Tour =-.

• Reply Judith of Felicity Crew March 10, 2010 at 5:07 am

Great picks!
    .-= Judith of Felicity Crew´s last blog ..Moody Paris. 6×9 – original signed fine art photograph =-.

• Reply MayaLee March 10, 2010 at 7:38 am

Great finds! Really liked Dear Colleen prints and Bella Drummers gift tags!
    .-= MayaLee´s last blog ..Jag är en nörd! =-.

• Reply jules @ the diversion project March 10, 2010 at 8:22 am

Gorgeous selection. Love the ‘loving you is beautiful because your easy’ print!
    .-= jules @ the diversion project´s last blog ..This One’s Going Straight To The Pool Room =-.

• Reply Decofabulous March 10, 2010 at 8:23 am

The Dear Colleen prints are brilliant! A bit of sarcastic humour is right up my alley.
    .-= Decofabulous´s last blog ..Flickr real life homes: Marga’s home, eclectic and understated charm =-.

• Reply nina glaser March 10, 2010 at 9:35 am

love love lovely collection. ooo gingiber!! :)
    .-= nina glaser´s last blog ..The Tent on the Beach… =-.

• Reply Kate Collins March 10, 2010 at 10:43 am

I love the gingiber prints!

• Reply Ryan Green March 10, 2010 at 10:57 am

Thanks for including my pillows! This is very exciting, I feel famous :)
    I get a lot of emails asking me about the chair in the photos. Believe it or not, I found it on the street in Brooklyn (not even the fear of bed bugs would keep me away) and had it reupholstered. I wrote a little blog on it here:

• Reply Gingiber March 10, 2010 at 11:11 am

Thanks so much for the mention. I have gotten quite a bit of traffic! I feel quite honored.
    .-= Gingiber´s last blog ..i’m featured on decor8 etsy take 5 tuesday! =-.

• Reply Amanda March 10, 2010 at 11:20 am

The champagne print is brilliant.
    .-= Amanda´s last blog ..Playlist Wednesday: Workin’ It =-.

• Reply The Tess March 10, 2010 at 11:21 am

Oh DearColleen is still relatively new- I found her in the forums some time ago & I’m so glad to see her getting some attention- her work is so lovely!! Love her bold designs to pieces!!
    .-= The Tess´s last blog ..My Own "dot com" =-.

• Reply debee March 10, 2010 at 12:49 pm

Thank you kindly for the sweet mention!
    I do love your ETSY features so much. I think you’re such a good enabler. ;)
    It is quite wonderful being featured. Love your blog!

.-= debee´s last blog ..come on spring!!! =-.

• Reply michelle @ blissful musings March 10, 2010 at 12:53 pm

I found Dear Colleen a few weeks ago and LOVED her work.
    .-= michelle @ blissful musings´s last blog ..6 Month Anniversary (sorta) =-.

• Reply Stacey March 10, 2010 at 2:48 pm

Love the lemon/gin and tonic print in the first one! So witty! And I also love that gray chair in the Wicked Mint pics.
    .-= Stacey´s last blog ..Why Photoshop rocks =-.

• Reply rachel! March 13, 2010 at 2:50 am

woww you found such lovely things! i lovee love love the chairs and the gift tags ……!!!
    .-= rachel!´s last blog ..sewing machines… =-.

• Reply Tina March 13, 2010 at 12:24 pm

I love Gingiber’s prints! I think I’m gonna get one for my bedroom. It’ll match perfectly after my home makeover and it’s my birthday soon. Double bonus

• Reply Nicole Ward April 1, 2011 at 11:43 am

Love your blog!
    I tried to click on the link for Bella Drummer as loved her pretty things but it doesnt seem to working and couldnt find her on etsy – any ideas?

• Reply FIDM July 19, 2011 at 6:07 am

I personally believe that everyone needs fancy stationary. Something about it just takes me back and makes me feel elegant writing a hand-written letter. That grey chair is amazing and looks so comfortable too!