Rosehip Pillowcases

I’m on a girly roll today! Ha ha! But I can’t help myself… when I spotted these pretty pillowcases by Rosehip I knew I had to share them because they’re so frilly and sweet! Sometimes I really like feminine touches in the bedroom — but not really on my bed (my husband isn’t so fond of bedding that looks this sweet) but I do imagine it more for a guest bedroom or even in a summer house or on a child’s bed. It really feels like summer as I look at these photographs… all that is missing is iced sweet tea and peonies by the bed.

Rose Hip

I would love to have a beach house (who wouldn’t?) or a country home in say, France, and on the bed have some of these darling cases to cozy up to at night after a long, hard day of lingering around picking fresh flowers and working on creative projects, cooking… ah, the thought of all that is so transporting, soothing — just lovely!

Rose Hip

I must get away this summer, even if for a week, to relax in a rented cottage or something. Do you have an escape cottage? A stone farmhouse that awaits your visit each year for even a few weeks? It’s a wonderful thought, especially now as it’s nearing the end of March and I’m ready to start planning some time off as I didn’t get much of a rest last year between moving and unpacking. And though this summer I’ll need to travel for a work-related project (more on that later), it’s not the same as packing up your shorts and flip flops and heading to the coast to do simply nothing but picnic and build sandcastles… something I did daily as a child that I took for granted and now as an adult I miss my lazy beach days so much!

But these pillowcases… yes, they make me want to escape to a sweet little spot where I can cook and craft and just be in the moment.

(images: rosehip)

Posted by decor8 in uncategorized on March 23, 2010

1. Stephanie commented
    March 23rd, 2010 at 6:45am

Very pretty pillows…but so girly!

2. Juana @ SweetVisualAids commented
    March 23rd, 2010 at 7:03am

Super cute pillows!!! :) I share your feeling of an escape to a cottage!
    wouldn’t that be wonderful :D
    .-= Juana @ SweetVisualAids´s last blog ..Why do we love Macarons? =-.

3. Cicada Studio commented
    March 23rd, 2010 at 7:15am

It’s the crocheted trim that sends me! Darling.
    .-= Cicada Studio´s last blog ..Ravelry =-.

4. Zoe commented
    March 23rd, 2010 at 7:15am

You could take a couple with you when you find your escape, to set that mood you’ve so nicely described!

We take a big family vacation to Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, every year. We’ve stayed in the same house the last few years but we’re staying somewhere new (across the street, actually) this year because the family has grown. It’s a great beach town and a lot of fun!
    .-= Zoe´s last blog ..New Feature – Weekly Color =-.

5. annkent commented
    March 23rd, 2010 at 7:20am

Yes, these are lovely … brings Rachel Ashwell to mind. Thank you for sharing!
    .-= annkent´s last blog ..Snow In The North East =-.

6. Beth commented
    March 23rd, 2010 at 7:22am

I absolutely love these pillowcases…I am going to add some crochet edges to my vintage floral cases…what a great idea!

Adorable…great post!
    Beth
    .-= Beth´s last blog ..Easter Plans…Southern Living Style: Speckled Eggs, Table Decor, Flowers, Menu, Dessert! =-.

7. clayton gray home commented
    March 23rd, 2010 at 7:24am

so read your blog this morning and have just been staring at these pillows! they are so beautiful and girly and have put me in a good mood! thank you for sharing!

8. Traveling Mama commented
    March 23rd, 2010 at 7:31am

This was such a great recommendation! I love all of her beautiful pillow cases and the crocheted edges is the perfect finishing touch to make them unique!

You should seriously consider vacationing in southern Spain. It is completely amazing and you can rent a little cottage in the mountains or on the beach for very little money. Then you could take the ferry across to Morocco! Just let me know if you want any information (now or the future!) and I can give you very detailed instructions on how to do the ferry and where to stay!
    .-= Traveling Mama´s last blog ..just {me} =-.

9. Stephanie commented
    March 23rd, 2010 at 7:52am

OMG I love them!!!! Thanks for sharing :-)
    .-= Stephanie´s last blog ..sunday =-.

10. Mandy Ford commented
    March 23rd, 2010 at 7:59am

Oh I love the yellow with the turquoise trim!

11. Jeanette commented
    March 23rd, 2010 at 8:05am

Wonderful! Just bought two of them :) Can´t wait to get them home!!

12. Shanon commented
    March 23rd, 2010 at 8:20am

I saw these last week and fell in love. Some are more girly than others, I think. And the merch shots are amazing– soooo well done and dreamy.
    .-= Shanon´s last blog ..The Fashion Journal =-.

13. Laura Gaskill commented
    March 23rd, 2010 at 8:30am

I am swept away, Holly! It is rainy and cold here today, and planning a beach house escape sounds perfect – most years I go to the outer banks in North Carolina with my husband’s family. It’s totally laid-back, and we just grill on the deck and sip cold drinks and watch for dolphins :)

And I LOVE the pillowcases! Hm, I wonder if my husband could handle them? Ooh, ooh, I know! I could use a few to bring out onto the front porch this summer – how cute would they be on a bench or glider?
    .-= Laura Gaskill´s last blog ..Welcome Contemporary Cloth {& Reader Discount!} =-.

14. holly commented
    March 23rd, 2010 at 8:30am

These are so sweet….Love the vibrant colors and the sweet trim. WOW, feels like summer here but we’re having a hard time with Spring in Chicago….70 degrees one day, snowing the next! Aaahhhh, but these would put a spring in my step. Thanks for the find – love ‘em.
    .-= holly´s last blog ..the color purple a pair of vintage books in lavender, lilac, violet or purple….you decide =-.

15. Kristina from desajn.nu commented
    March 23rd, 2010 at 8:49am

I love these pillowcases! Very beautiful :) I have recently begun to follow your blog and I really like it. :) Keep up with the good job!

Please have a look at my Swedish design blog too^^ it has a translate function. :)

//Kristina
    .-= Kristina from desajn.nu´s last blog ..Anteckningsblock som motiverar =-.

16. Courtney @ nesting instincts commented
    March 23rd, 2010 at 9:36am

I usually prefer all-white pillowcases. But these are enough to sway me towards color on my bed! Love them.
    .-= Courtney @ nesting instincts´s last blog ..celebrating with dr. seuss and the abc’s =-.

17. heidi commented
    March 23rd, 2010 at 9:40am

I love those pillowcases, the fabric with that little edge ,they are like sweet little dresses….

18. Lauren commented
    March 23rd, 2010 at 11:03am

so sweet and fun, I would have a hard time choosing!

19. sideoats + scribbles (Lisa) commented
    March 23rd, 2010 at 11:15am

Wow, those pillowcases are so so so pretty! They remind me of my grandma: lively, vibrant, warm, and cozy, all at the same time! Just lovely.
    .-= sideoats + scribbles (Lisa)´s last blog ..I have a thing for clouds. =-.

20. thedoodlegirl commented
    March 23rd, 2010 at 11:36am

SOOooooo comfy and just lovely!!
    .-= thedoodlegirl´s last blog ..A Flower Garland =-.

21. Erin commented
    March 23rd, 2010 at 12:02pm

They remind me of a combination of the bed linens I fondly remember from my grandparents home and a bright Lilly dress. Adorable and playful!
    .-= Erin´s last blog ..Close to my Heart =-.

22. Suze commented
    March 23rd, 2010 at 12:39pm

Hi Holly!
    Lovely pillowcases (even if, yes, a little too sweet for me and my boyfriend too!).
    I’m looking forward to June: for the third year we rented for the month a sweet little home in a village in Liguria (northern Italy). It’s a small 2 floors house, with two apartments (but everybody has privacy enough), there’s a garden with beautiful flowers and a lemon tree, we have the first floor with the terrace, and the house is pink. Nothing perfect or glamourous or deluxe but I love it and I prefer it over other possible solutions because the place it’s just less than a couple of hours from where we live so the plan also this year is: taking a whole week as holiday and then go in the weekends+1 day for the rest of the month. I leave my stuff there (mostly beachwear and jeans and something warm for the evening, you don’t need much more…), so I just have to pack the essentials and we can go by train or car. As you say an “escape”!
    Hoping the weather is good, I have also good friends there, the food is divine, everyhting is so easy: beach-home-supermarket-cinema-restaurants-newspapers-shops-backery… all 5 minutes walking from each other. Not very expensive in june and in case wasn’t clear there’s the sea, village athmosphere, my man, friends, and the house is PINK and has a TERRACE: do I need anything else? :)
    Then in August hopefully we’ll have another longer and more adventurous holiday, but this June thing is really special for me… Can’t wait!
    Should you consider an Italian holiday (South, Center, North…) and need any suggestion, let me know! :)
    Ciao!
    Suze
    .-= Suze´s last blog ..Beautiful Today (and undiscovered!): Leslieworks, hoop-framed appliques =-.

23. Tammy commented
    March 23rd, 2010 at 1:18pm

I just love these! I also wanted to tell you how beautiful your blog is and how much happiness it brings to me as well as many others. Keep up the great work!!!

24. Ali commented
    March 23rd, 2010 at 2:07pm

I’m having holiday getaway thoughts too – I popped by your comments in the hope of folks divulging excellent holiday cottages, but no joy (yet!).

If you were thinking of Blighty for a destination, I’d suggest you google Landmark Trust. You get to stay in a historic building and step back in time. No TV! No phone! Perfect peace.

Sadly, with 2 extremely active boys, they are no longer the best option for us, but we Honeymooned at Hole Cottage and it was magical.
    .-= Ali´s last blog ..Auricula love =-.

25. ThiliBlooms commented
    March 23rd, 2010 at 3:08pm

I`m in love with this pillow cases.. I want them all :) and the house in France as well!! have a good one!
    .-= ThiliBlooms´s last blog ..Purplish-Pink Big Bloom – Flower Hair Pin and Brooch =-.

26. Bec commented
    March 23rd, 2010 at 4:54pm

Ooh so pretty. Yes I have to refrain from filling up the bedroom with frills… I do believe this style of bed linen is referred to as “Husband Punishers”

27. Fallon commented
    March 23rd, 2010 at 4:57pm

Those pillow cases are absolutley wonderful. So perfect for spring. I wish I knew how to crochet :)
    .-= Fallon´s last blog ..Lucky Lucky Me =-.

28. kristina commented
    March 23rd, 2010 at 6:59pm

that trim is fantastic!
    .-= kristina´s last blog ..garland give away! =-.

29. Shell commented
    March 23rd, 2010 at 9:33pm

Truly sweet pillows. I dream of having a cottage high on a hill overlooking the sea. Where I can just be and have family and friends stay with me.
    One day…I’ll make it a reality.
    .-= Shell´s last blog ..Deliciously Rainy Day =-.

30. gen commented
    March 23rd, 2010 at 10:20pm

hi Holly! thanks for the recommendation re: pillowcases. i’m single and VERY girly, so these are right up my alley. i just bought the french lilac one because basically my entire space is decorated in shades of purple. it would be nice to add a touch of whimsy and pattern on a bed that is completely outiftted in solids. and the best part? the seller is canadian, just like me! WOO to the HOO! :)

31. Stacey commented
    March 23rd, 2010 at 11:27pm

I love things that are this feminine! They make me feel warm and happy inside :) I too would never put them in my bedroom – my husband would really hate to be surrounded by so many ruffles! But someday I’m going to have little girls, and I’m going to make their rooms so insanely girly that no boy would ever dare set foot in there!
    .-= Stacey´s last blog ..Portland Feature: Take a walk through the Pearl =-.

32. Laura commented
    March 24th, 2010 at 2:35am

Hi Holly…I love these pillowcases too. Stacked together like that is even better as well. The colours and patterns are so fresh and lovely.

No stone cottage getaway for me, but if I did, and it was here in the UK, it would have to be Cornwall. :)

33. Helen commented
    March 24th, 2010 at 3:27am

This is my escape cottage: http://abersochqh.co.uk/html/glan_y_don.html the views are amazing and it is in just the most perfect location….the garden has little steps down to the beach and it’s 3 minutes walk from lovely restaurants and shops. We usually got for a week in May but can’t make it this year. The town, Abersoch, is the place that I always used to holiday when I was little and I just love it.

34. Sarah Sarniak commented
    March 24th, 2010 at 4:43am

These are so cute! I love them.

35. Polly commented
    March 24th, 2010 at 12:20pm

Those are gorgeous! I love girly bedding and this is beautiful. I agree that they would look especially nice in a lovely holiday home in the summer.
    Yes I do have an escape house for the summer! Our friends own a stunning 7 bedroom house in the South of France with a swimming pool and I have been there every summer since I was 10. I love it to bits. xx
    .-= Polly´s last blog ..NEW BLOG! =-.

36. the domestic fringe commented
    March 24th, 2010 at 2:28pm

I adore these stacks of pillows! I think I’ll spend my summer searching every garage sale for vintage pillow cases. Thanks for the inspiration!
    -FringeGirl
    .-= the domestic fringe´s last blog ..Tuesday’s Nonsense =-.

37. Jolette commented
    March 24th, 2010 at 2:34pm

These fabrics are lovely, and the photographs are so beautifully styled too. I WISH I had an escape cottage (capitals to indicate the absolute impossibility of it anytime soon) but I do live in the country – and close to the ocean as well – so I don’t need it that much! :-)
    .-= Jolette´s last blog ..Feel free to judge these books by their covers =-.

38. Laurie commented
    March 24th, 2010 at 4:15pm

I saw these on Jubella and thought there were just lovely! so girly just my style! my roommate likes to crochet but doesn’t have much experience so she often make pillow cases sorta like this!
    .-= Laurie´s last blog ..noche de arte, música y gastronomía =-.

39. Diana L commented
    March 24th, 2010 at 5:54pm

Those a the best pillow colors! I just love them. Did you buy them all? The shop has nothing in it. So sad… Yes a beach house would be lovely… sigh… I do a beach camping trip each summer for 2 weeks. I take my little caravan (sound so much cuter than trailer) filled with fun decor. Oooo… this year I found solar string lights at Target. I can hardly wait to decorate the awning.

I’m excited and inspired for summer.
    Thanks!
    .-= Diana L´s last blog ..Easy Breezy Travel Bag =-.

40. decor8 commented
    March 24th, 2010 at 6:09pm

Diana — The shop was full when I wrote about them, she had tons of them! But then after I posted she wrote to me because she had many sales and completely sold out. I’m so happy for her but of course being that she makes everything by hand I understand that she is just not able to produce enough to fulfill the desires of all. But if you bookmark her site and check it again in a few weeks I am sure you will find more that she’ll make and list. :)

41. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    March 24th, 2010 at 10:07pm

Beautiful! I love these so much….so many goodies over here! :)
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Melissa loves: Pescerosso =-.

42. Cindy commented
    April 2nd, 2010 at 6:54pm

I was totally inspired by your designs and colors. Can’t wait to see what you make in the future.
    .-= Cindy´s last blog ..Happy Weekend! =-.

43. Paulette commented
    April 10th, 2010 at 6:58pm

Thought you should know this post just sent me off to Ebay for 1/2 hour or so hunting for vintage pillowcases . . . Thanks for the inspiration.
    .-= Paulette´s last blog ..Stuff I Like (4/10/10) =-.