Color Inspiration

Soft Yellows, Pinks and Lilac Tones

March 25, 2010

Hello Friends, it’s Leslie with Color Me Pretty and I am really happy to be back here! I just wrapped up a 7 week teaching assignment alongside Holly for Blogging Your Way which is why I’ve been missing. Now that the session has ended, I’m back with my column each month around this time to share more color inspirations with you. A big thanks to Holly and you all for having me back.

Soft Yellows, Pinks and Lilac Tones

This time around I am inspired by Spring-time and all the blooms available at the markets and with that, I opted for a pastel palette. There really is nothing like the soft yellows, pinks and lilac tones of early spring. I enjoyed combining these colors with a soft craft paper brown and some milky whites. Here are the results.

Soft Yellows, Pinks and Lilac Tones

It is a nice time of year to get inspired with cleaning out our work-spaces and our homes for the months ahead.  Sometimes a good “spring clean” can do decorating wonders as it clears our heads and helps us get a clearer vision for what we want in our lives. New ideas seem to flow when we have a fresh clean space. I like to get my craft supplies sorted and ready for new project ideas. My little mood-board got a spring makeover too as it reflects some of my new interests and ideas.

Soft Yellows, Pinks and Lilac Tones

I would love to hear any spring-cleaning or organizing tips you have. We all can use the inspiration! I hope you enjoyed this color story and I look forward to seeing you back here next month.

Soft Yellows, Pinks and Lilac Tones

Take care and hope you’ve enjoyed this view of spring today! xo, Leslie

If you are new to decor8 and would like to see more Color Me Pretty posts, please click here.

(photographs: leslie shewring)

56 Comments

• Reply Chrissa March 25, 2010 at 9:58 am

I loved this post!

I subscribe to your blog already, but I admit I’m bad at digging through my Gmail Reader.

I love.love.love. the little Deer.

Do you mind my asking what type of camera you use, and post processing, do you just use a de-saturation tool? Great blog!

xo
    .-= Chrissa´s last blog ..Oh, what I wouldn’t do with a lot of time and a little bit of money =-.

• Reply Cheryl March 25, 2010 at 9:58 am

Pastel colors don’t usually appeal to me but these photos are GORGEOUS!
    .-= Cheryl´s last blog ..sparkling spring beauties… =-.

• Reply megan March 25, 2010 at 9:59 am

so springy and beautiful!

• Reply Suze March 25, 2010 at 10:18 am

YAY! She’s back! *Happy!*
    Thanks Leslie for all this awesomeness!
    I love the deer figurine one! So so so much!

PS: I just got a text from a friend in business trip in Japan and she’s bringing back to me A LOT of japanese masking tape! I have none so far. Can’t wait! :)
    .-= Suze´s last blog ..Beautiful Today (and undiscovered!): Leslieworks, hoop-framed appliques =-.

• Reply Ishtar Olivera March 25, 2010 at 10:19 am

Oh I really missed this posts leslie! SO beautiful and inspiring like always…wonderful food for our soul!!! : D
    .-= Ishtar Olivera´s last blog ..Etsy finds =-.

• Reply malathip March 25, 2010 at 10:20 am

I’m a big fan of your blog. I love this colour theme. You have beautiful selection of things everyday. LOVE!

• Reply michelle March 25, 2010 at 10:30 am

I would to spend an afternoon playing with all of the bits and bobbins in Leslie’s collection. She must have a home full of lovely things.

Leslie, I’m curious what brand of watercolor paints you normally work with.
    .-= michelle´s last blog ..Éire go Brách =-.

• Reply noemozica March 25, 2010 at 10:38 am

I love your post today… I also use to rearrange my DIY stuff and decide which news projects start in prim… Isn’t it an inspiring season?? ^_^
    .-= noemozica´s last blog ..Pequeños Tesoros =-.

• Reply frauheuberg March 25, 2010 at 10:39 am

Just like everytime.So lovley Leslie.Fine to see you here again. And your colourpalette is wonderful.Cleaning the rooms is now the right work. Unfortunatley i have at the moment problems with the place. So i want to create new boxes with paper for all my stuff the next few weeks. Be now more creative with my hands after our incredible course. You inspire me to a lot of new projects. Thanks Leslie for all your motivation. Springtime is definitly in the air and i´m on board…;)…hugs…
    .-= frauheuberg´s last blog ..frauheuberg Swap …little notebooks… =-.

• Reply Masha March 25, 2010 at 10:40 am

Wow, the flowers are so beautiful! Especially the arrangement of pink, purle an green!
    .-= Masha´s last blog ..Tea Palette =-.

• Reply leaca March 25, 2010 at 10:44 am

Gorgeous. Nice to have you back but it was great to have you teaching the class too.
    .-= leaca´s last blog ..pretty displays =-.

• Reply Jen March 25, 2010 at 10:59 am

One day I will get around to arranging my craft supplies–but until then I am glad to vicariously live that through you :)
    .-= Jen´s last blog ..Workspace Peek =-.

• Reply mary March 25, 2010 at 11:03 am

I’m with Chrissa…I’d love to know more about how you shoot and what camera/lenses you use. Your photography is absolutely fabulous, and your eye for color and composition is great. I love every one of your posts!
    .-= mary´s last blog .. =-.

• Reply Haidy March 25, 2010 at 11:57 am

I love the colour me pretty posts and this one is so soft and delicate. I love the combinations you put together of pinks with neutrals. It’s not the over-the-top girly that could make you cringe, very lovely and sweet :)
    .-= Haidy´s last blog ..Pretty Details :: Neutral Spaces =-.

• Reply Shay March 25, 2010 at 12:06 pm

Absolute beauty.The color palette is so springtime, and I’m ready!!
    It’s raining here today, so I am now motivated to organize a few drawers of my junk finds.
    Thanks, for the inspiration Leslie.Love your work.
    Shay

• Reply the green gal March 25, 2010 at 12:12 pm

Beautiful photos as always! I think my favourites are a tie between the multi-coloured flowers in the unusual jug and the bits and bobs tray, but they’re all gorgeous!
    .-= the green gal´s last blog ..Colour inspiration – turquoise and yellow =-.

• Reply Piper March 25, 2010 at 12:18 pm

Gorgeous and stunning!! love the pic with the deer…but I think my fave is the one with the peonies…they’re just BEAUTIFUL. Are those from your yard or did you get them from a market? Thanks for the inspiration :)
    .-= Piper´s last blog ..{taking the leap} =-.

• Reply sideoats + scribbles (Lisa) March 25, 2010 at 12:55 pm

Oh Leslie, so glad that you are back! I settled in with a cup of tea and sipped and poured at your lovely photos, they are so inspiring! And so pretty. I love that sweet little fawn. And the shot with the glitter in the tins really captures this time of year — makes me think of sugared violets, did you ever eat those?
    .-= sideoats + scribbles (Lisa)´s last blog ..Finally! A Copic hair coloring video! =-.

• Reply Yasmine March 25, 2010 at 12:56 pm

I’m also a fan of your blog and it’s always an enormous pleasure to see your pictures. It’s almost like you live in another world where beauty, light and sparkle reign. Thanks for the lovely inspiration once again.
    .-= Yasmine´s last blog ..Do You Feel Orange? =-.

• Reply Olga March 25, 2010 at 1:11 pm

I wish I could do some real spring cleaning – but have a broken leg, so I all I have left to do is read fabulous blogs… :(((
    .-= Olga´s last blog ..SpRiNg =-.

• Reply Mila March 25, 2010 at 1:24 pm

ooooh gosh,
    this is absolutely amazing.
    the most beautiful post i’ve seen lately!

thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us!

Mila.
    .-= Mila´s last blog ..{LOVEly Give Away} =-.

• Reply Laura Gaskill March 25, 2010 at 1:30 pm

Ahh…these are some of my favorite colors – I love them all the more for the home because they are not the best colors on me, fashion-wise! hehe. Those bouquets are just GORGEOUS, and I love your sweet little deer! xo Laura
    .-= Laura Gaskill´s last blog ..Roundup: Cute Office Supplies =-.

• Reply Tracy March 25, 2010 at 1:55 pm

its amazing how you can take colors that I don’t normally care for (like pastels) and combine them in a way that I totally LOVE. brilliant work, Leslie! x
    .-= Tracy´s last blog ..MS baking printables =-.

• Reply Sarah Sarniak March 25, 2010 at 2:10 pm

So gorgeous! I am so looking forward to all the colors of spring. It’s still pretty dull around here, but this is so inspiring.
    .-= Sarah Sarniak´s last blog ..Preparing for Baby Chicks =-.

• Reply Karyna March 25, 2010 at 2:17 pm

This is so absolutely beautiful. The whites mixed with all the great spring colors. I really love it. It gives off such a vibrant yet calming vibe. Spectacular photography, wish I could that :)
    .-= Karyna´s last blog ..Upward Droplets – 5×7 inch Print – Archival =-.

• Reply hena tayeb March 25, 2010 at 2:47 pm

such a wonderful soft color palette.. perfect for spring
    .-= hena tayeb´s last blog ..The sun is here.. or so i thought =-.

• Reply Jessica March 25, 2010 at 3:14 pm

Beyond beautiful…as always!!!!
    .-= Jessica´s last blog ..Early Spring Bouquet =-.

• Reply Caitlin March 25, 2010 at 3:25 pm

Wow these are all so so gorgeous! The palette is just so pretty and perfect for spring. I love the shot with all the ribbons and buttons, and especially the deer one- oh my gosh SO adorable!
    .-= Caitlin´s last blog ..This week I can’t live without: Nail polish =-.

• Reply Elizabeth March 25, 2010 at 3:51 pm

The little deer made my day. Glad you’re back!

• Reply Raina Kattelson March 25, 2010 at 4:10 pm

welcome back- and thanks for all of your great help at BYW. for those of you thinking of taking the next class- DO IT!
    .-= Raina Kattelson´s last blog ..bill cunningham =-.

• Reply Coleccionando estrellas March 25, 2010 at 4:33 pm

I find that cleaning up is the most rewarding home task. It clears my mind, make myself feel organised and confortable. It is even better when you put some music on and dance in a silly way while cleaning :-)

Beautiful pictures!!

• Reply ThiliBlooms March 25, 2010 at 5:22 pm

So beautiful and inspiring! I love lavender and pastel pink :)
    .-= ThiliBlooms´s last blog ..Flower Magnet on My Etsy shop and an amazing book =-.

• Reply Gosia March 25, 2010 at 5:49 pm

Nice to have you back, Leslie!
    .-= Gosia´s last blog ..March Reading List / Marcowe Lektury =-.

• Reply Jane Flanagan March 25, 2010 at 7:34 pm

Those flower arrangements are just stunning! So soft and feminine.
    .-= Jane Flanagan´s last blog ..Forgotten skills =-.

• Reply Graciel @ Evenstar Art March 25, 2010 at 7:48 pm

Leslie,

You always inspire me. I can see and feel the love you put into everything you create. Looking forward to seeing you back here at Holly’s place and even sooner on your blog.

xo, Graciel

• Reply Katie Stephenson March 25, 2010 at 11:27 pm

beautiful. BE-utiful. BEAUTIFUL!!
    .-= Katie Stephenson´s last blog ..the dining room, refreshed =-.

• Reply Diana March 26, 2010 at 2:25 am

So inspired by your gorgeous collection. I especially like the pic of the supplies. My spring cleaning tip… open the windows to let the sunshine and warm wind in, put on some good music and don’t be afraid to shake your booty!
    .-= Diana´s last blog ..Guest Blogger Tutorial ~ Super Cute Gift Tags =-.

• Reply Vicki March 26, 2010 at 4:21 am

And what a great course it was, thank you for sharing your immense insider knowledge with us. I love this post – all those delicious sherbety colours – perfect for brightening up life on this side of the world where winter is approaching!
    Vicki
    .-= Vicki´s last blog ..Friday Fashion Fix =-.

• Reply Jolette March 26, 2010 at 4:29 am

All these flowers have just brightened up my whole day! I LOVE fresh flowers! I’m not really a hoarder, plus when I’m frustrated I tend to go through everything and see what else I can toss out… so by now there’s not much to toss out! Love a good spring clean though. Sort of signals a clean start as well.
    .-= Jolette´s last blog ..Exotic handbags =-.

• Reply Barefoot Liz March 26, 2010 at 9:21 am

I love the flowers!
    Spring is a great time to declutter. The most important thing for me is to have a place for everything. I know that Target has some new floral office supplies that I plan on getting.

• Reply fresh365 March 26, 2010 at 10:43 am

Welcome back Leslie! Gorgeous spring & Easter palette! I always look forward to your inspiration.

• Reply Punctuation Mark March 26, 2010 at 11:31 am

I love it… linked it to my Friday links!
    .-= Punctuation Mark´s last blog ..Walking Around Old Town – Part 2 =-.

• Reply angela March 26, 2010 at 2:23 pm

lovely, this must be what heaven will be like…

• Reply Heather- Gathering Spriggs March 26, 2010 at 7:41 pm

“There she goes
    There she goes again
    Racing through my brain
    And I just can’t contain
    This feeling that remains

There she goes
    There she goes again
    Pulsing through my veins
    And I just can’t contain
    This feeling that remains”
    Six Pence None the Richer
    .-= Heather- Gathering Spriggs´s last blog ..Shop Around the Corner: Ink & Spindle =-.

• Reply Melanie March 27, 2010 at 10:01 am

Leslie~ As always, your palette choices are amazing! Just beautiful. I love these pale spring colors.
    .-= Melanie´s last blog ..My Review of TEDxCLE =-.

• Reply youngmi March 27, 2010 at 10:26 am

hooray! color me pretty is back! :)
    .-= youngmi´s last blog ..peanut butter cookie + nutella =-.

• Reply ana March 27, 2010 at 4:21 pm

Love going on adventures on your blog. Absolutely lovely photos and interessting reading in your updateposts. Using hours after hours, reading all – old post and new post. Inspiring :) Thank you:)
    .-= ana´s last blog ..Offerbord under TET-feiring – Vietnamesisk nyttår =-.

• Reply Myriam March 28, 2010 at 5:22 am

Wow, the combination of pink, purple an green and lots of whits is awsome!
    the flowers are so beautiful!

• Reply Janine March 28, 2010 at 8:27 am

Leslie, this vintage pastel pink + yellow palette is so refreshing… and those flower pics are gorgeous as usual!
    .-= Janine´s last blog ..I feel, therefore I am… =-.

• Reply nanouke March 28, 2010 at 10:47 am

Well, I’m the last person to give tips about organizing and cleaning, since I SUCK at that two things.
    But I do feel inspired by your photos! So yummy and feminine :)
    Oh, how I love Spring!

• Reply Julie Cove March 29, 2010 at 12:15 am

Les, I love your elegant twist with these lovely soft tones for this Eastery time of year! It inspires me to gather more varied florals at the market instead of the typical tulips and daffs! Thanx for sharing your clever eye and style!

• Reply Marsha Martinez March 31, 2010 at 10:46 am

Hi, beautiful…Can you tell me where you got your pretty moodbook, Or is that a daytimer???? I like both…Thanks
    .-= Marsha Martinez´s last blog ..Beauty Society =-.

• Reply megan April 2, 2010 at 5:16 am

Color me pretty…. Color me happy. I just want to live in your beautiful world.
    I just love to surround myself in flowers whether they are fresh or not. Flowers are a sure thing.
    .-= megan´s last blog ..the garden is in bloom…2 =-.

• Reply Christy April 6, 2010 at 2:38 pm

Yay! I’m so glad to see this column back. I hope you enjoyed a great break. I love this color inspiration. I’m really enjoying spring pastels right now. After such a long winter, I’m ready for cheery colors!

• Reply Sparkly Scotty September 2, 2011 at 12:47 pm

Love the pastel colours. Great work!

• Reply JennieKieu February 7, 2012 at 7:15 pm

Such an inspiration post. I love the color of spring. Thank you for sharing.