Home

Dessert Tables by Amy Atlas

April 8, 2010

Looking for a little party decor inspiration? Look no further than the portfolio of event planner extraordinaire Amy Atlas in New York who specializes in dessert tables — a growing party trend that I think is just great. Amy recently created these dessert tables for Brides magazine and she has so generously detailed each below along with some “behind the scenes footage” which I loved seeing. I hope that you enjoy them!

Dessert Tables by Amy Atlas

Vintage Table — We incorporated aqua and magenta birds and blooms throughout the design of this table. We made feed sacks by sewing vintage fabric, made homemade preserve favors, and created a bird and bloom bunting banner. We included a birds and bloom ruffled wedding cake, nostalgic candy such as salt water taffy, maltballs, ribbon candy, an old fashioned buttercream cake and dahlia cupcakes. We also made favor boxes with handmade fabric dahlias.

Dessert Tables by Amy Atlas

Chocolate Spice Table — We incorporated spiced chili and naga curry infused truffles, rosewater malban, pyramid-shaped chocolates, sesame candy and a macaron tower, all on bronze and rattan vessels filled with whole spices. For decorative elements, we included Moroccan lanterns and a pussy willow branch display. We also sewed together burlap fabric to create spice sacks to give the table a “Moroccan-market” feel and filled up Moroccan tea glasses with spiced hot chocolate and cinnamon sticks.

Dessert Tables by Amy Atlas

Citrus Chevron Table — For this table, we incorporated a bright citrus color palette of tangerine, lemon and lime with a modern chevron zig zag pattern. We created a ribbon garland, clementine centerpiece, as well as chevron patterned popcorn cups and favor bags. We included a modern chevron cake, which we placed on zig zag vessels. Other great treats included passion fruit marshmallows, chevron patterned cupcakes and citrus meringue buttercream sandwiches.

A little peek behind the scenes… More on Amy’s blog here.

Dessert Tables by Amy Atlas

Dessert Tables by Amy Atlas

Thank you Amy for sending this to me to share with decor8 readers!

(Photography: Andrew McCaul)

45 Comments

• Reply cathie April 8, 2010 at 9:37 am

these are fantastic! i love that last idea of hanging a bunch of different colored ribbons on one side of the table.

• Reply City Chic - Jamie April 8, 2010 at 9:43 am

Oh my, this makes me want to plan a party! And look there’s the chevron pattern! Definitely bookmarking this for inspiration for a party on our new deck this summer.
    .-= City Chic – Jamie´s last blog ..Sew Busy =-.

• Reply Marianne Taylor Photography April 8, 2010 at 9:55 am

Oh my, how delicious, love the colours and the styling and, well, everything! I really must do more food photography, it used to be one of my biggest joys!

• Reply Ludmila {CreamyLife.com} April 8, 2010 at 10:06 am

Oh my…I need a party right now, with everything turquoise, please! The images are so delicious :)
    .-= Ludmila {CreamyLife.com}´s last blog ..Normann-Copenhagen =-.

• Reply Riki April 8, 2010 at 10:29 am

love the chevron cupcakes

• Reply Melissa Allam April 8, 2010 at 10:31 am

I love her dessert tables. So bright and cheerful and very delicious looking. Would love to attend an event and nibble off one of her dessert tables.
    .-= Melissa Allam´s last blog ..Thursdays Creative Thrift =-.

• Reply Am April 8, 2010 at 10:39 am

Beautiful! Now I want to have an all dessert party.
    .-= Am´s last blog ..Check It: Blue Carrot Shop =-.

• Reply Edyta April 8, 2010 at 10:48 am

So pretty , organized and colorful!!

~Edyta

• Reply sideoats + scribbles (Lisa) April 8, 2010 at 11:01 am

Oh wow, all of these are completely gorgeous, but the citrus chevrons blew me away! WOW! I can almost taste them. I think they would work great for a modern baby shower, too! (Which will be coming up in my SIL’s future, can’t wait!)

I’m also amazed at how the same table can look so different. Just wow. Thanks for sharing, off to check out Amy’s blog!
    .-= sideoats + scribbles (Lisa)´s last blog ..Paper Crafts Magazine “Go to Sketches” Blog Hop! =-.

• Reply Kim B. April 8, 2010 at 11:13 am

wow. just wow.
    .-= Kim B.´s last blog ..This Morning at the Brocante =-.

• Reply Claire Quilter April 8, 2010 at 11:20 am

Chevron cupcakes?! Awesome.
    .-= Claire Quilter´s last blog ..Table Runner – Farnsworth House, Embroidered Linen =-.

• Reply Marinatea April 8, 2010 at 11:33 am

fantastic colors and inspirations!!
    .-= Marinatea´s last blog ..This Thursday I love… Over the Knee Socks =-.

• Reply Tina April 8, 2010 at 1:11 pm

Seriously this is the right kind of pretty I need right now!! So cool.
    .-= Tina´s last blog ..Wednesday’s Flowers – Kalanchoe =-.

• Reply Michelle T. April 8, 2010 at 1:45 pm

The design aesthetic and colors are wonderful! So well put together and organised. You can tell how much effort and thought has been put into all the little details! Fantastic.

• Reply Jackie April 8, 2010 at 1:58 pm

Great feature! I love throwing parties, and Amy Atlas is a huge inspiration to me. Love it!
    .-= Jackie´s last blog ..Travelogue: DR, Day Two =-.

• Reply hena tayeb April 8, 2010 at 2:04 pm

everything looks scrumptious.. very pretty..
    .-= hena tayeb´s last blog ..Poked and Prodded =-.

• Reply Luciana April 8, 2010 at 2:37 pm

Dear, those colours together looks amazing! I want a party!!!!

• Reply Monika April 8, 2010 at 3:07 pm

this is so fun, cheerful and colourful. I just love it!!!

• Reply Renee @ eatliveshop.com April 8, 2010 at 3:16 pm

i’m a huge fan of amy atlas’ work! she never fails to amaze me!
    .-= Renee @ eatliveshop.com´s last blog ..Current Project: Picture Wall =-.

• Reply Deb April 8, 2010 at 3:44 pm

This makes me want to get married all over again :)
    .-= Deb´s last blog ..Attention Kmart Shoppers… =-.

• Reply Clare April 8, 2010 at 4:15 pm

The bunting is so cute!
    x

• Reply The Wedding Contessa April 8, 2010 at 4:16 pm

Wow! It’s awesome to see how each party table is put together! What talent and creative genius! Very inspiring for planning a wedding or a party!
    .-= The Wedding Contessa´s last blog ..A Touch of Europe Wedding Bouquet =-.

• Reply Jolette April 8, 2010 at 4:22 pm

Oh my goodness! That Vintage Table is unbelievable. I really like the Chocolate Spice Table too, because it reminds me of a function I helped organise in 2007. I served on the committee organising the end-of-year dance at my res, and we all had to suggest some themes. My suggestions were Kingdom of Sweets, Winter Wonderland and Arabian Nights, and I pictured the latter to be based more or less on the palette of that Chocolate Spice Table. We settled on Winter Wonderland, though, and everything looked very beautiful, but the Arabian Nights idea was actually my favourite because it would have been totally different from all the other res dances that had been held before. Well, at least they used one of my ideas!
    .-= Jolette´s last blog ..And here’s to you, Mrs Robinson =-.

• Reply Miss Wedding April 8, 2010 at 4:46 pm

I really like those photos – Amy has styled them beautifully, but not only that the food looks delicious too – they would be amazing at a wedding. Thanks Holly for sharing its something that I think my blog readers would love to read about too
    .-= Miss Wedding´s last blog ..Spring Bridal Bouquets =-.

• Reply Jane April 8, 2010 at 5:03 pm

Oh, these are so amazing and it’s fascinating to see it the work that goes into it. Such a visual treat. Thanks.
    .-= Jane´s last blog ..Invest in Your Future "You" =-.

• Reply Gaelle April 8, 2010 at 6:31 pm

Hello there,

Just came across your blog today, and its such a great decoration inspiration! Amazing!
    I will be your new follower if you don’t mind ;-)

xoxo
    G.
    .-= Gaelle´s last blog ..A Beach Cottage =-.

• Reply House of Many Hues April 8, 2010 at 6:51 pm

OMG! It is so beautiful! Such wonderful “tasty” talent.
    .-= House of Many Hues´s last blog ..Fire Glazed Ceramic Pots =-.

• Reply honey living April 8, 2010 at 7:19 pm

these are gorgeous.

• Reply jacqueline April 8, 2010 at 8:41 pm

These are amazing and i LOVE Vintage Table ~ it’s almost the same theme as my “planning” wedding colors. Thanks so much for sharing and im off to read more on Amy’s blog. Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!
    .-= jacqueline´s last blog ..Out of the city =-.

• Reply Kate April 8, 2010 at 10:27 pm

Oh my goodness! I just love this!
    .-= Kate´s last blog ..A Walk with My Brother… =-.

• Reply Lori Dean Dyment April 8, 2010 at 11:24 pm

Wow. What a great set of photos. Thanks so much for posting the “behind the scene” photos. It’s one thing to appreciate a beautiful room or vignette and another thing all together to see how much work actually goes in to creating something so visually wonderful.
    .-= Lori Dean Dyment´s last blog ..Glass art pendant Litttle Angel =-.

• Reply Juliana April 8, 2010 at 11:45 pm

How lovely!! I wish I had the time to pursue some hand crafts! They look so pretty!!

Kisses from brasil!

• Reply Epp April 9, 2010 at 1:30 am

Oh wow! Me hungry! :D

These are so delicious-looking. I especially like the Missoni-esque cupcake with rippled decoration.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend! :)

• Reply luisa April 9, 2010 at 1:48 am

I’ve heard about Amy Atlas before. Don’t know exactly where but back then I was already in AWE because it fascinates me how her whole display of desserts harmonize with each other. The colors of the dishes and the decor of the food. How much effort she puts in it. I admire people who play with different materials to create something beautiful. A million kudos to her!
    .-= luisa´s last blog ..New rocking chair that definitely rocks! =-.

• Reply smh95745 April 9, 2010 at 3:40 am

Oh my god your guys are amazing….
    Those background colors just make the candy can’t be more pretty.

• Reply zoya April 9, 2010 at 6:48 am

yeah the background colors are stunning specially the turquoise and the green one and the cupcakes are looking so delicious, my sis is drooling

• Reply Envelop April 9, 2010 at 6:57 am

Stunning! Certainly feel like throwing a party now…

• Reply Sati April 9, 2010 at 7:34 am

Hi Holly,
    I love your blog! I have followed you for a couple of years and it became part of my daily readings! I was also inspired to create my own blog and hopefully, I’ll be able to be part in one of your courses. I’d be very pleased if you check it out. (http://lovemorebrasil.blogspot.com/)
    For Amy’s work is so adorable and yummy. Her sense of color is very accurate and modern. I really love it!
    I also want to share with you the work of two Brazilian ladies who are such talented artists and do the most magic stuff. I say stuff because their work goes from decorating parties to making the most adorable collage art work and they are also the most amazing teachers I have had in many years. You can check them out: http://charlotterie.blog.uol.com.br/.
    Have a great weekend!
    .-= Sati´s last blog ..Love Move Móvel =-.

• Reply deb@accessoryalamode April 9, 2010 at 9:06 am

This makes me want to plan something and decorate! Wow, such stunning colors and laid out just beautifully, even the icing on the cupcakes is just perfectly applied. :O) Beautiful eyecandy!
    .-= deb@accessoryalamode´s last blog ..New – BLOOM – Hand Stamped Organic Sterling Silver Forged Pair of Earrings – can be personalized =-.

• Reply Penny Patten April 9, 2010 at 9:56 am

This is delightful! Thank You so much for sharing! I can’t wait to visit her Blog.
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..Family Collage =-.

• Reply Alyssa Ballisty Photo April 9, 2010 at 10:54 am

These are amazing! Perhaps even perfect for a bridal shower!
    .-= Alyssa Ballisty Photo´s last blog ..foto friday | run 50, run! =-.

• Reply Christy April 9, 2010 at 9:45 pm

*sigh* I absolutely adore this. thanks for sharing.
    .-= Christy´s last blog ..Honeymoon Slippers LO =-.

• Reply Cheryn April 9, 2010 at 10:32 pm

I have just been overcome by desire!!!!
    For pastel colored sweets..
    It all looks so pretty!!!!

Cheryn

• Reply Lisa April 11, 2010 at 11:02 am

Wow! What an amazing setup! I love the colors and mix of patterns (Old and new). It really makes me think about stepping up on my party decor.
    Beautiful job!

• Reply Judit Gueth April 12, 2010 at 1:37 pm

Those tables look gorgeous!