Inspiration

IKEA Family – LIVE Inspiration

April 26, 2010

Hungry for some budget interiors inspiration today? Well, here you go! IKEA Family has a website called LIVE that launched awhile ago and it is such a fun place to play peeping Tom and to view some nice spaces from around the world in their home stories section. I’ve been watching it grow and waiting until more content was added before writing about it, but now I think there is enough on the site that you will really like visiting it for decorating inspiration. There are so many fun homes there, particularly the compact Berlin apartment by a very cute couple here and as shown briefly below. I think their style is so sweet, I really like how their kitchen looks like a cafe — I don’t think I’d ever have to leave the house!

IKEA Family   LIVE Inspiration

And the adorable designer Nina van de Goor is on the site too. Here is the full story but some glimpses are below…

IKEA Family   LIVE Inspiration

And some more views of various homes featured on the LIVE site include…

IKEA Family   LIVE Inspiration

And to break up all that white… this charming entry!

IKEA Family   LIVE Inspiration

About IKEA Live: “Our new website LIVE is the place to go for tips, ideas and inspiration for your home. A place where you meet others around the world sharing the same interest.”

Aren’t all of these rooms great!? Which ones do you like the most? Any preference?

(images: IKEA)

You Might Also Like

58 Comments

• Reply kate April 26, 2010 at 3:20 pm

i love this!! cant wait to check out the website. i love mixing IKEA with other things..such a great way for a growing family to update without breaking the bank..tres chic!

• Reply Samia April 26, 2010 at 3:20 pm

Yes, yes I do! Love the white house! But my favorite is definitely the Berlin kitchen that looks like a cafe, what a cozy corner that is! I’d invite friends over and lounge all day :)
    .-= Samia´s last blog ..Rabih Kayrouz Collection =-.

• Reply Ludmila {CreamyLife.com} April 26, 2010 at 3:26 pm

YEEES! I loved all the rooms! To say what are my favorites – I think I’ll say that the white ones are the most gorgeous! Just every detail has its importance and they add to those room the perfect glam and coziness! xo
    .-= Ludmila {CreamyLife.com}´s last blog ..Sara Gilbane Interiors =-.

• Reply frauheuberg April 26, 2010 at 3:37 pm

Oh so lovley and so inspiring…definitly nina´s flat…Its so lovley and cozy…colorful and out from the heart…Wish you a great creative week…cheers and hugs…Ines
    .-= frauheuberg´s last blog ..Saturdays in the "Endstation" =-.

• Reply clementina April 26, 2010 at 3:43 pm

I love the wee kitchen…it looks so cosy! and I also like the white bedroom with the bookcase.

• Reply Mädchen für alles April 26, 2010 at 3:49 pm

O, i love Ikea`s stuff. You can combine them in your own way. I like Swedish whitenes, with touch of bright colours in deco elements. But in my own living space I always have more coloures and little white. I just can´t manage it. Obviusly I love coloures too much. :-)
    .-= Mädchen für alles´s last blog ..Romanti?en nakit =-.

• Reply Is * La 5th con Bleecker st. April 26, 2010 at 3:49 pm

I safe this website, it really nice! it has interesting things to learn, really inspired. thank you!

• Reply ivy style33 April 26, 2010 at 3:57 pm

Hello there : )!

I’ ve been loving Ikea Family magazine since I came to Germany two years ago ( a magazine totally new to me, as in Greece there wasn’t something similar) and must admit that despite it being composed of relatively few pages, I find it to be extremely inspirational!

I love almost each and every home they feature, regardless of the style or wether it adresses to my personal sense of style, for the simple fact that the interiors are so…real!….and very often not “Ikea copyright”, as the spaces are filled with personality and same pieces are used in so many different ways, resulting in unique outcomes.

The photoshootings are always interesting, too! I love to see people in their interiors and the articles are nicely written….

The last issue kept me company this weekend, in which this small Berlin apartment is featured….just brilliant in every corner!

” Beliebtes zuhause” is also a book with a lovely collection of beautiful homes, which makes my cofeetable quite often…happy!

Love the fact that the “protagonists” are everyday people, each one of them a living proof that indeed life is beautiful and interiors can have personality and be wonderful without having to spend fortunes. It adresses to the majority of people and I think this is where the whole success lies….which is of course the whole philosophy of the Ikea stores anyway: design affordable by many!

It’s a nice effort turning the spotlights also to simple people, very often quite important – and sometimes even more – than the widely known and overprojected “famous” people.

I remember how excited I was to be holding the issue featuring Ninainworm, after having “met” her and become familiar with her work through flickr!

Oh my… got carried away with writing…anyway…lovely post….goodnight & sweet dreams : )
    .-= ivy style33´s last blog ..A sense of accomplishment ( A weeee weekend – part II: Sunday) =-.

• Reply decor8 April 26, 2010 at 4:08 pm

ivystyle – Oh yes Beliebtes zuhause is a gorgeous book – a must have!

• Reply brittany April 26, 2010 at 4:00 pm

the mauve bedroom and the white dining room are to die for!

thank you for this post!

• Reply jessica April 26, 2010 at 4:17 pm

all of these rooms look so beautiful—so inspiring.

• Reply Heather April 26, 2010 at 4:38 pm

I have to say, I love all the rooms with COLOR! They are all so stimulating and creative. It looks like the coolest people live there.
    I’ve looked through the site and I think it’s awesome to see so many of their products looking so…different.

• Reply Margarida April 26, 2010 at 4:39 pm

The blsck wall is ONLY one of our dreams!
    Gorgeous pictures :-)
    .-= Margarida´s last blog ..*Na imprensa ** In the press* =-.

• Reply laura trevey April 26, 2010 at 5:02 pm

I love IKEA and have many of their pieces…. thanks for this post!
    .-= laura trevey´s last blog ..In the Garden =-.

• Reply Samantha April 26, 2010 at 5:33 pm

Oooo I just picked up the Ikea family live magazine while over in France at the weekend. some of the pictures are in the magazine. Visited the store in Rennes and loved it, thanks for the onfo on the website!
    .-= Samantha´s last blog ..Whats on your book shelf? =-.

• Reply Pamela April 26, 2010 at 6:01 pm

I love this! Thanks for posting it.
    .-= Pamela´s last blog ..Just Another Manic Monday =-.

• Reply sideoats + scribbles (Lisa) April 26, 2010 at 6:08 pm

Hi Holly! Thanks so much for the link, I didn’t know about that site! I *heart* IKEA — was just there on Saturday to buy pots to freshen up my houseplants, they have some nice simple white ones that I love! My sweet husband said “why don’t you get new ones for ALL of the plants” and so I did! Looks fab.

When we first got our house, the closest IKEA was 4 hours away — what a drive! But now there’s one about 45 minutes from here, hooray!

AND! A Finish friend told me IKEA is pronounced like “ick-eeee-ya” — I thought she was pulling my leg but couldn’t get her to admit it one way or another…! Anyone know for sure? :)
    .-= sideoats + scribbles (Lisa)´s last blog ..What a surprise… =-.

• Reply Lindsay April 26, 2010 at 6:17 pm

Hi!!

I love this place… so inspiring and fresh looking! It looks so clean and inviting!!

Lindsay
    .-= Lindsay´s last blog ..Design is redesign. =-.

• Reply Brooke H April 26, 2010 at 6:22 pm

Love the all white on white rooms!
    .-= Brooke H´s last blog ..Ugg Love {and Discount} =-.

• Reply Alison Gibbs April 26, 2010 at 6:23 pm

My favourite photo would have to be the little girl standing on the steps to get to the sink
    Alison
    .-= Alison Gibbs´s last blog ..OUT OF THE STUDY WINDOW =-.

• Reply Natascha April 26, 2010 at 6:39 pm

How cute is that first kitchen! What a great idea!!!! Love it. I’m running of to have a look at the site right now… thanks for the tip Holly! :-D
    .-= Natascha´s last blog ..Mocca & Me weekend quick list =-.

• Reply Caroline April 26, 2010 at 7:15 pm

Drool! Love these so much. Now I’ll go explore the site!!

Caroline

.-= Caroline´s last blog ..Rooms With Colour =-.

• Reply Elle Sees April 26, 2010 at 7:16 pm

This is super exciting! I’m exploring this as we speak.

• Reply Sarah April 26, 2010 at 7:25 pm

I absolutely love the white rooms…unbelievably chic! I especially lingered over the dining room with the little baby near the fireplace. I was admiring how even though it is all white, there is something very warm about the scene – even with the fireplace, but the walls seem so dreamy and creamy!! Ha! I think I should trademark that!!
    .-= Sarah´s last blog ..Black & White… =-.

• Reply Lisa April 26, 2010 at 8:10 pm

I have to agree with you – that cafe kitchen is wonderful – so charming! Thanks for the link – I am sure I will visit it often. :)
    .-= Lisa´s last blog ..Happy Belated Earth Day! =-.

• Reply Lavender Playground April 26, 2010 at 8:17 pm

I love the plates and cups hanging on the wall in the kitchen. So cute! If I have plates that are that cute I would want to hang them up too!

• Reply Shannon @ What's Up Whimsy April 26, 2010 at 9:00 pm

I am in LOVE with the Berlin’s couples apartment. And my other fav is Nina van de Goor’s house is so cute – how great are those curtains????

• Reply Jacklyn April 26, 2010 at 9:26 pm

What a cool idea! I love the first place and the little kitchen nook they’ve created. I already love the kitchen, and with that, I would never have any hope of leaving!
    .-= Jacklyn´s last blog ..Race Day Prep- 7 Must-do’s for Race Week =-.

• Reply Post-College Working Girl April 26, 2010 at 11:10 pm

I know that the all white rooms are very chic, but I can’t help but to be drawn to the ones by Nina van der Goor with the shots of color! Where did those black and white patterned curtains come from I wonder?
    .-= Post-College Working Girl´s last blog ..Money Saving Vegetable Chowder =-.

• Reply Post-College Working Girl April 26, 2010 at 11:11 pm

OH, and where did the dandelion-esque chandy in the third picture come from?? My heart skipped a beat.
    .-= Post-College Working Girl´s last blog ..Money Saving Vegetable Chowder =-.

• Reply erin April 27, 2010 at 12:05 am

I adore the room with the chalkboard wall. That has to be sooo much fun.
    .-= erin´s last blog ..Recipe Tuesday =-.

• Reply Laura April 27, 2010 at 12:22 am

Oh, I just love it all, but I especially love the Berlin kitchen that looks like a cafe. What a dream. I also love everthing in the white home.

• Reply jacqueline April 27, 2010 at 12:24 am

Soooo gorgeous! I love everything ikea! Have a lovely merry happy week and love to yoU!
    .-= jacqueline´s last blog ..a new flip-flop for zee Mister =-.

• Reply Julie April 27, 2010 at 12:27 am

The cozy kitchen eating nook is utterly charming. I love that it is clearly lived in. Adorable! Today was, coincidentally, my Ikea day. I only visit every couple of years. I even bought (mostly) just what I intended to get – hangers & a garment rack. The money tree, planter & cookies were not exactly planned.

• Reply pilgrim April 27, 2010 at 1:25 am

ooooh that stair landing with the blue wallpaper… can i cover everything i own in that wallpaper, please?

on a serious note, its so good to see ikea combined in a way that makes it seem home-y and not as ubiquitous as it really is. makes you view some pieces in a whole new light. great post, holly :)
    .-= pilgrim´s last blog ..pilgrim press: apartment therapy & modern kiddo =-.

• Reply Design Envy April 27, 2010 at 1:34 am

Love this idea and website!! Its great to see how people around the world are designing with IKEA!!

• Reply flowing moments April 27, 2010 at 2:04 am

hello holly ! I received an Ikea magazine last month showing different “home stories” (like the ones you mention) with their families occupying them, it was a real treat and loved everything single ones, it feels approachable, alive, real like it could be the homes of your friends, I was really seduced by this concept, I shall follow the site :)

• Reply Will April 27, 2010 at 2:19 am

Geeeeeez that kitchen-come-cafe area is gorgeous. I hope the owners don’t mind if I move in. Thanks for introducing us to a fantastic site, Holly.
    .-= Will´s last blog ..{Office Inspiration: Grey and Orange} =-.

• Reply juliette April 27, 2010 at 2:54 am

Good to know about Live. I had been looking there when they first announced it, but it took so long for things to really show up, so I had forgotten about it. Yay that it’s really flourishing now!

I love everything about that hallway shot with the gorgeous wardrobe and the charming blue and white wallpaper!
    .-= juliette´s last blog ..Sewing a tunic: gathering inspiration =-.

• Reply hannah April 27, 2010 at 4:32 am

This looks great. I adore the Berlin couple’s cafe-style kitchen, such a fab idea that I might have to steal!
    .-= hannah´s last blog ..Colour inspiration from Bomobob =-.

• Reply suzanne April 27, 2010 at 2:22 pm

I loved the bag, fat, PINK home style book Ikea had in their stores a couple of years ago. Beloved Home. It was only $10 and sooo worth it. I went back and bought a copy for my Sister-in-Law.
    I look forward to a free hour to sit and view this new website…judging by the photos you posted, Holly, It’s going to be fun!

• Reply Camilla {Hygge Nook} April 27, 2010 at 2:45 pm

I love the teenyweeny kitchen with that great eating nook – it really shows how much you can do with a small space.

However, having just accidentally tipped a jar of chocolate sauce over my kitchen rug, I think I might be lethal in a white house!
    .-= Camilla {Hygge Nook}´s last blog ..Étoile Home =-.

• Reply Victoria April 27, 2010 at 5:23 pm

What a great post! I love going to IKEA…many of the pieces are basic, but you can get such inspiration for what to do with a space, or how to spruce up the pieces individually.

The 6th photo from the top (the one with the mauve walls and white bed linens) is SO Carrie Bradshaw if she lived in an IKEA-ed-out apartment!!!! It almost even looks like SJP sitting at that desk!

• Reply Magdalena April 27, 2010 at 5:37 pm

I love the “whites” – it’s so simple but beautiful at the same time.
    It realy inspired me for my next new decorating projct.
    Ikea it’s such a great place to shop for your home and it’s affordable too.
    .-= Magdalena´s last blog ..Get Rid of Clutter and Get Room Makeover =-.

• Reply hazel April 27, 2010 at 7:34 pm

Wow – what a super idea. I’ve bookmarked this for future visits. Ikea does get a lot of flak but I love it. I’m always amazed; walking around thinking “why didn’t I think of that?!”

• Reply julia April 27, 2010 at 10:38 pm

umm – why did I not know about this Ikea site before now! LOVE. Awesome inspiration.
    .-= julia´s last blog ..Seventh Generation Green Cleaning =-.

• Reply Carol@The Design Pages April 28, 2010 at 12:56 am

I’ve always thought the Europeans had figured out how to live with IKEA and make it look great. Hopefully this great website can inspire us North Americans to get on board. Not just for students anymore.
    .-= Carol@The Design Pages´s last blog ..Decorate on a Budget =-.

• Reply HomeRiver April 28, 2010 at 7:14 am

What great ideas …

• Reply erica April 28, 2010 at 7:09 pm

i LOVE the white curtains with the black flower graphic in the 10th pic. i’ve been looking for something like that for a long time! any chance you know where they’re from?

• Reply Tazim May 1, 2010 at 3:58 am

I have loved IKEA for a long time but hadn’t heard about IKEA family until today! I like the Live site with gallery pics which are so inspirational!
    .-= Tazim´s last blog ..Being a Traveller: Looking Back to Hawaii =-.

• Reply Sarah - craftyFOLK May 2, 2010 at 2:17 pm

The kitchen cafe is my fave. Got some great ideas!
    .-= Sarah – craftyFOLK´s last blog ..Notebooks + Wallets + Handmade =-.

• Reply Rachel Elizabeth May 3, 2010 at 3:07 pm

I love Ikea. I could basically be a poster child for them as most of our furniture is from there.
    .-= Rachel Elizabeth´s last blog ..“One belongs to New York instantly, one belongs to it as much in five minutes as in five years” -Thomas Wolfe =-.

• Reply Beth May 3, 2010 at 5:21 pm

Your site is just incredible. I drool over pretty much everything! The 8th picture in this post….. !
    Yes, I drool over beautiful plates :]

• Reply Tanya May 8, 2010 at 1:29 pm

I’m in love with every single photo and room. I love chalkboards and the bench seating, the open feel, all of it.
    .-= Tanya´s last blog ..Recently in My Camera and Now Onto My Computer =-.

• Reply Karin May 31, 2010 at 9:49 am

Wow great pictures, love IKEA, I am from Holland and am always convincing my American friends that IKEA can be stylish and does not just have to be for students! So i am showing them this blog! I am always trying to find unique touches though, I found something new called furniture skins, bought one at a fair, made to fit the LACK side table exactly! So cool and easy to remove and everything, I think they have an English site, its called masqr.com Hope they ship to America too.. :-)

• Reply Michelle August 3, 2010 at 9:09 am

I love Ikea’s aesthetic, clean simple lines with neutral colors on the furniture and some panache in the accessories to make even the affordable fashionable!

• Reply Monica February 22, 2011 at 8:53 pm

I always love seeing how real people use Ikea stuff. Sometimes their things take some creativity. I absolutely love Ikea, I’ve got it all mixed in in my home.

• Reply MICAELA June 26, 2011 at 5:18 pm

I love how Ikea makes real homes look fantastic! It is so insipartional to see other people´s homes because you know it is being lived, and not a styled scene. The lovely white home is sooo peaceful, I´d love to be there; and also the quirky, colorful homes have that special touch that invites you to stay..

congrats IKEA! and thank Holly for sharing