Books + Magazines, Shopping + Products

Anita Kaushal

May 3, 2010

Author/stylist Anita Kaushal would like to offer decor8 readers a very exclusive discount as she is currently making room for a few new things in her online shop and would like to offer her current wares at a very special discount of 50% off for decor8 readers (click here and enter the password: decor8). Just a few exquisite things for us…

Anita Kaushal

And in case you don’t know Anita and her book… here’s a visual introduction to her glamorous yet livable personal style… Please examine all of the fine details as you peruse these photographs. Which rooms appeal to you the most? Do you see any ideas that you’d like to use in your own living or work space?

Anita Kaushal

Anita Kaushal

Anita Kaushal

Would you not love to own a dining room or work room like this with such beautifully tiled floors? This looks like the most beautiful home, doesn’t it? I love the architectural details, the light, those windows! Eek!

Anita Kaushal

Anita Kaushal

Anita Kaushal

If you aren’t familiar with Anita’s work, she is the author of the beautiful FamilyLifeStyle Home book published by Thames & Hudson and she was a regular contributor at Cookie magazine before they (sadly) folded. Above, you can see some glimpses from the book. It’s simply gorgeous… I have a copy and could flip through it a hundred times over. I think the silver bathtub is amazing with the Moroccan wedding quilt laid out on the floor before it. I also love seeing the bubbles… it really calls out to the viewer doesn’t it?

(images: anita kaushal)

You Might Also Like

• Reply House of Many Hues May 3, 2010 at 6:20 am

I am all about that rose pillow! Going to go check it out right now…
    .-= House of Many Hues´s last blog ..Weekend Finds =-.

• Reply laura trevey May 3, 2010 at 6:42 am

I am completely in love with the last bathroom ~~ how luxurious with the beautiful chandelier and mirror!
    .-= laura trevey´s last blog ..Monday Inspiration =-.

• Reply Beth May 3, 2010 at 6:44 am

Wow…thanks so much, heading over to check out this lovely shop now…50% off!!!! Fantastic! Happy Monday! Beth
    .-= Beth´s last blog ..Painting Furniture…Is it a Sin? =-.

• Reply Julia May 3, 2010 at 7:13 am

I love the bathtub and the wedding quilt especially. So beautiful. That’s my favourite room of all.

The jars with all the different types of grains and seeds is something I’ve been wanting to do at home as well. It’s easy to see what you have, and how much of each. And it looks a lot nicer than the plastic bags that it usually comes in…

And then finally…The room with the blue and gold wallpaper and the blue frame is also gorgeous. Normally you’d think blue is a cold colour, but this totally doesn’t look cold. It looks nice and inviting…maybe it’s the gold that does it, or the light coming from the room in the back…or the wood…?
    .-= Julia´s last blog ..Wrapped silver and citrine hoops =-.

• Reply Lori May 3, 2010 at 7:17 am

Beautiful, luscious things! I’m checking out her shop. Have a great week.
    .-= Lori´s last blog ..from the studio =-.

• Reply Salla May 3, 2010 at 7:27 am

I loved the first photo of the kitchen. Actually I have organized very similar jars of mine in that way. In my own livingspace I would like to adapt some of that yummy turqoise/ mint green! Preferably in some textiles; carefully selected cushions or wall art perhaps. I think spring-y sunlight makes beautiful interaction with bright colours such as this!

• Reply serena May 3, 2010 at 7:46 am

So very lovely! I love all the dreamy colors she uses. Can’t wait to check out the book!

..I keep trying to use the online password and it isn’t working for me :(

• Reply Ludmila {} May 3, 2010 at 7:56 am

Oh I love the kitchen glassware, I’d definitely use the idea for my own kitchen! Also that bathroom – so gorgeous, not sure I’d go with so much glamor though :)
    .-= Ludmila {}´s last blog ..Serbian Made: OGGY Design Studio =-.

• Reply elle moss May 3, 2010 at 7:58 am

Love them all…totally drool worthy!
    The first bedroom would make the most charming little girls room.
    .-= elle moss´s last blog ..Apple – 5×5 Original Signed Fine Art Photograph =-.

• Reply Valerie May 3, 2010 at 8:05 am

Gorgeous! Thanks for the intro to Anita Kashal – I’ll be checking out her book.
    .-= Valerie´s last blog ..Born of frustration: The Bobble Beauty hat =-.

• Reply Jen May 3, 2010 at 8:43 am

I just love all of those rooms, they’re so crisp and clean. I like the idea of a few fancy pieces showcased in a minimalist style. It lets you enjoy them instead of just having a bunch of visual clutter where you don’t know where to rest your eyes. I want to live there too!
    .-= Jen´s last blog ..Paisley of the Week! Jungle Paisley Kaffe Fassett =-.

• Reply heidi May 3, 2010 at 9:10 am

With every picture, dreamier and dreamier!
    .-= heidi´s last blog pie oh my… =-.

• Reply Shones May 3, 2010 at 9:30 am

…yes, that bathtub picture is calling my name!

• Reply monica May 3, 2010 at 9:36 am

That bed and mirrored armoire are fabulous. So are the tiled floors and pedestal tub. What a wonderful mix of modern and classic decor. Love.

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente May 3, 2010 at 9:44 am

SO gorgeous….that last image is incredible and it definitely is calling to me…
    “Melissa! Come spend hours soaking and dreaming and reading….” :)
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Monday: An inspired pair… =-.

• Reply Kathi @ allthingswhite May 3, 2010 at 9:58 am

this is so gorgeous, I must have the book!
    .-= Kathi @ allthingswhite´s last blog ..Large Vintage China Platter =-.

• Reply Coco May 3, 2010 at 10:17 am

I love the dining room photograph!! I love the wallpaper and blue colors and those tiles!! WOW ! I want such tiles in my hallway *dreaming* i also would have loved them in my diningroom but thought it would be way too expensive when we already bought a new kitchen and needed a new floor. Maybe in a few years from now ;) because the tiles we got are kinda irritating us…
    thx for the lovely photographs. Makes me wanna buy the book…

• Reply carolyn May 3, 2010 at 10:25 am

i just love the idea of windows between rooms, like she has done on the dining room wall. what a great way to open up the room and let in light, without completing giving in to an open floor plan.

• Reply Louise May 3, 2010 at 12:36 pm

oh, so lovely, beautiful and romantic. But also just so simple.
    .-= Louise ´s last blog ..dégustation de vins à Bandol =-.

• Reply Bobbi May 3, 2010 at 12:38 pm

She has a very interesting mix of ornate styling against a simple backdrop. I like the soft colors, and definitely the light!
    .-= Bobbi´s last blog ..Friday’s Herbal =-.

• Reply Emma May 3, 2010 at 1:54 pm

I love the collection of glass storage jars in the kitchen – that I could easily replicate and just might try.
    What I salivate over is the blue tiled floors and the glass topped island with those amazing tall moulded doors. Not as easy to pull off! Maybe one day!
    .-= Emma´s last blog ..Before and After =-.

• Reply Jenna May 3, 2010 at 1:58 pm

What a chic home. That dining table is so STUNNING.

• Reply renee May 3, 2010 at 2:08 pm

That wallpaper is amazing, what a stunning room.

• Reply julia May 3, 2010 at 2:24 pm

oo – I love the bulk foods jars. The kitchen island is lovely too.

And that tub!
    .-= julia´s last blog ..mine =-.

• Reply Mads Mom May 3, 2010 at 3:06 pm

OMG, I want to have carnal knowledge of that bathroom. WOW!

• Reply Arlene Grasman May 3, 2010 at 3:23 pm

Amazing, totally blown away! That book is a MUST HAVE.

• Reply Melissa May 3, 2010 at 4:08 pm

that pillow is beautiful

• Reply Ingrid Jansen May 3, 2010 at 4:41 pm

It’s amazing, thank you for these images. Totally inspriring.
    The tiles in the ‘blue room’ are beyond pretty.
    .-= Ingrid Jansen´s last blog ..maak het! =-.

• Reply Rosie Campbell May 3, 2010 at 7:01 pm

Anita has a wonderful way with the rooms she’s created. The book looks like a must have! I can see how you could get lost in it for hours.

• Reply Rosie Campbell May 3, 2010 at 7:02 pm

Anita has a wonderful way with the rooms she’s created. I imagine one could spend hours lost in her book.

• Reply Tanya May 3, 2010 at 7:33 pm

Love those big jars with spices. I might just have to do that :)
    .-= Tanya´s last blog ..I Confess That: =-.

• Reply wini May 3, 2010 at 8:42 pm

Hi Holly, I LOVE Anita’s elegant and luxurious style. Thank you for sharing and thanks for the discount offer too. I’m off to have a look at Anita’s store.

• Reply Etincelle May 3, 2010 at 10:28 pm

I own this book!!!!! it is a delight to read it over and over again. I love everything about her house, but I am truly inspired by her daughter’s (?) room and I love her bathroom too (and the tiles in the living room are just gorgeous). And the quilt… oh my….
    .-= Etincelle´s last blog ..Pretty Matryoshka Doll – Mini Me – Dina =-.

• Reply Alison Gibbs May 3, 2010 at 11:07 pm

.-= Alison Gibbs´s last blog ..DAY THREE AND FOUR OF TEN =-.

• Reply carissa May 4, 2010 at 3:58 am

aw… that bathtub is awesome!
    .-= carissa´s last blog ..Summer Essentials =-.

• Reply Penny Patten May 4, 2010 at 6:52 am

Pretty, pretty, very pretty. I like the jars for the kitchen. I’m a jar person too. Thay are every where in my house full of different things! Thank You for sharing the shopping discount!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..Gallery – Moomah =-.

• Reply Amy May 4, 2010 at 9:18 am

Is the flat belly for sale…. some days I wish I could just by one on line ;)
    .-= Amy´s last blog ..Lilac =-.

• Reply decor8 May 4, 2010 at 9:20 am

Amy – ha ha! Nope!

• Reply Lisa May 4, 2010 at 9:32 am

I’m really loving the color palette – the overall muted quality with strategic bright touches – lovely!
    .-= Lisa´s last blog ..First Roses =-.

• Reply Shell May 4, 2010 at 11:46 am

I’m in love with the picture with the armoire with the mirror on it. Simply beautiful. Exactly the kind I want one for my bedroom.
    .-= Shell´s last blog ..Merry Month of May =-.

• Reply MN May 4, 2010 at 11:51 am

I love these shots! Really goes to show what nice architectural details add to an interior. I think it’s becoming rare to find houses like that (at least in the U.S.; in Europe it’s fairly standard!!)
    Anita’s styling is perfect- what a gorgeous book. I’m adding it to my wishlist.
    .-= MN´s last blog ..Matchbox wall art at Anthropologie =-.

• Reply Sandi Gunnett May 5, 2010 at 11:25 am

wow! love this post and the previous.
    .-= Sandi Gunnett´s last blog ..Inspiration… =-.

• Reply Daniella May 5, 2010 at 9:16 pm

The architectural details in this house are stunning! I agree with MN, most houses in the US don’t have that attention paid to them anymore.

I particularly love how the coloring is mostly subtle, letting the architectural structure and interior objects speak for themselves.

Also, I would love to own that bath basin!
    .-= Daniella´s last blog ..Sneak Peak! Jars for Craftin’… =-.