Anita Kaushal

Author/stylist Anita Kaushal would like to offer decor8 readers a very exclusive discount as she is currently making room for a few new things in her online shop and would like to offer her current wares at a very special discount of 50% off for decor8 readers (click here and enter the password: decor8). Just a few exquisite things for us…

Anita Kaushal

And in case you don’t know Anita and her book… here’s a visual introduction to her glamorous yet livable personal style… Please examine all of the fine details as you peruse these photographs. Which rooms appeal to you the most? Do you see any ideas that you’d like to use in your own living or work space?

Anita Kaushal

Anita Kaushal

Anita Kaushal

Would you not love to own a dining room or work room like this with such beautifully tiled floors? This looks like the most beautiful home, doesn’t it? I love the architectural details, the light, those windows! Eek!

Anita Kaushal

Anita Kaushal

Anita Kaushal

If you aren’t familiar with Anita’s work, she is the author of the beautiful FamilyLifeStyle Home book published by Thames & Hudson and she was a regular contributor at Cookie magazine before they (sadly) folded. Above, you can see some glimpses from the book. It’s simply gorgeous… I have a copy and could flip through it a hundred times over. I think the silver bathtub is amazing with the Moroccan wedding quilt laid out on the floor before it. I also love seeing the bubbles… it really calls out to the viewer doesn’t it?

(images: anita kaushal)

Posted by decor8 in Books + Magazines, shopping on May 03, 2010

1. House of Many Hues commented
    May 3rd, 2010 at 6:20am

I am all about that rose pillow! Going to go check it out right now…
    .-= House of Many Hues´s last blog ..Weekend Finds =-.

2. laura trevey commented
    May 3rd, 2010 at 6:42am

I am completely in love with the last bathroom ~~ how luxurious with the beautiful chandelier and mirror!
    .-= laura trevey´s last blog ..Monday Inspiration =-.

3. Beth commented
    May 3rd, 2010 at 6:44am

Wow…thanks so much, heading over to check out this lovely shop now…50% off!!!! Fantastic! Happy Monday! Beth
    .-= Beth´s last blog ..Painting Furniture…Is it a Sin? =-.

4. Julia commented
    May 3rd, 2010 at 7:13am

I love the bathtub and the wedding quilt especially. So beautiful. That’s my favourite room of all.

The jars with all the different types of grains and seeds is something I’ve been wanting to do at home as well. It’s easy to see what you have, and how much of each. And it looks a lot nicer than the plastic bags that it usually comes in…

And then finally…The room with the blue and gold wallpaper and the blue frame is also gorgeous. Normally you’d think blue is a cold colour, but this totally doesn’t look cold. It looks nice and inviting…maybe it’s the gold that does it, or the light coming from the room in the back…or the wood…?
    .-= Julia´s last blog ..Wrapped silver and citrine hoops =-.

5. Lori commented
    May 3rd, 2010 at 7:17am

Beautiful, luscious things! I’m checking out her shop. Have a great week.
    .-= Lori´s last blog ..from the studio =-.

6. Salla commented
    May 3rd, 2010 at 7:27am

I loved the first photo of the kitchen. Actually I have organized very similar jars of mine in that way. In my own livingspace I would like to adapt some of that yummy turqoise/ mint green! Preferably in some textiles; carefully selected cushions or wall art perhaps. I think spring-y sunlight makes beautiful interaction with bright colours such as this!

7. serena commented
    May 3rd, 2010 at 7:46am

So very lovely! I love all the dreamy colors she uses. Can’t wait to check out the book!

..I keep trying to use the online password and it isn’t working for me :(

8. Ludmila {CreamyLife.com} commented
    May 3rd, 2010 at 7:56am

Oh I love the kitchen glassware, I’d definitely use the idea for my own kitchen! Also that bathroom – so gorgeous, not sure I’d go with so much glamor though :)
    .-= Ludmila {CreamyLife.com}´s last blog ..Serbian Made: OGGY Design Studio =-.

9. elle moss commented
    May 3rd, 2010 at 7:58am

Love them all…totally drool worthy!
    The first bedroom would make the most charming little girls room.
    .-= elle moss´s last blog ..Apple – 5×5 Original Signed Fine Art Photograph =-.

10. Valerie commented
    May 3rd, 2010 at 8:05am

Gorgeous! Thanks for the intro to Anita Kashal – I’ll be checking out her book.
    .-= Valerie´s last blog ..Born of frustration: The Bobble Beauty hat =-.

11. Jen commented
    May 3rd, 2010 at 8:43am

I just love all of those rooms, they’re so crisp and clean. I like the idea of a few fancy pieces showcased in a minimalist style. It lets you enjoy them instead of just having a bunch of visual clutter where you don’t know where to rest your eyes. I want to live there too!
    .-= Jen´s last blog ..Paisley of the Week! Jungle Paisley Kaffe Fassett =-.

12. heidi commented
    May 3rd, 2010 at 9:10am

With every picture, dreamier and dreamier!
    .-= heidi´s last blog ..my pie oh my… =-.

13. Shones commented
    May 3rd, 2010 at 9:30am

…yes, that bathtub picture is calling my name!

14. monica commented
    May 3rd, 2010 at 9:36am

That bed and mirrored armoire are fabulous. So are the tiled floors and pedestal tub. What a wonderful mix of modern and classic decor. Love.

15. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    May 3rd, 2010 at 9:44am

SO gorgeous….that last image is incredible and it definitely is calling to me…
    “Melissa! Come spend hours soaking and dreaming and reading….” :)
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Monday: An inspired pair… =-.

16. Kathi @ allthingswhite commented
    May 3rd, 2010 at 9:58am

this is so gorgeous, I must have the book!
    .-= Kathi @ allthingswhite´s last blog ..Large Vintage China Platter =-.

17. Coco commented
    May 3rd, 2010 at 10:17am

I love the dining room photograph!! I love the wallpaper and blue colors and those tiles!! WOW ! I want such tiles in my hallway *dreaming* i also would have loved them in my diningroom but thought it would be way too expensive when we already bought a new kitchen and needed a new floor. Maybe in a few years from now ;) because the tiles we got are kinda irritating us…
    thx for the lovely photographs. Makes me wanna buy the book…

18. carolyn commented
    May 3rd, 2010 at 10:25am

i just love the idea of windows between rooms, like she has done on the dining room wall. what a great way to open up the room and let in light, without completing giving in to an open floor plan.

19. Louise commented
    May 3rd, 2010 at 12:36pm

oh, so lovely, beautiful and romantic. But also just so simple.
    .-= Louise ´s last blog ..dégustation de vins à Bandol =-.

20. Bobbi commented
    May 3rd, 2010 at 12:38pm

She has a very interesting mix of ornate styling against a simple backdrop. I like the soft colors, and definitely the light!
    .-= Bobbi´s last blog ..Friday’s Herbal =-.

21. Emma commented
    May 3rd, 2010 at 1:54pm

I love the collection of glass storage jars in the kitchen – that I could easily replicate and just might try.
    What I salivate over is the blue tiled floors and the glass topped island with those amazing tall moulded doors. Not as easy to pull off! Maybe one day!
    .-= Emma´s last blog ..Before and After =-.

22. Jenna commented
    May 3rd, 2010 at 1:58pm

What a chic home. That dining table is so STUNNING.

23. renee commented
    May 3rd, 2010 at 2:08pm

That wallpaper is amazing, what a stunning room.

24. julia commented
    May 3rd, 2010 at 2:24pm

oo – I love the bulk foods jars. The kitchen island is lovely too.

And that tub!
    .-= julia´s last blog ..mine =-.

25. Mads Mom commented
    May 3rd, 2010 at 3:06pm

OMG, I want to have carnal knowledge of that bathroom. WOW!

26. Arlene Grasman commented
    May 3rd, 2010 at 3:23pm

Amazing, totally blown away! That book is a MUST HAVE.

27. Melissa commented
    May 3rd, 2010 at 4:08pm

that pillow is beautiful

28. Ingrid Jansen commented
    May 3rd, 2010 at 4:41pm

It’s amazing, thank you for these images. Totally inspriring.
    The tiles in the ‘blue room’ are beyond pretty.
    .-= Ingrid Jansen´s last blog ..maak het! =-.

29. Rosie Campbell commented
    May 3rd, 2010 at 7:01pm

Anita has a wonderful way with the rooms she’s created. The book looks like a must have! I can see how you could get lost in it for hours.

30. Rosie Campbell commented
    May 3rd, 2010 at 7:02pm

Anita has a wonderful way with the rooms she’s created. I imagine one could spend hours lost in her book.

31. Tanya commented
    May 3rd, 2010 at 7:33pm

Love those big jars with spices. I might just have to do that :)
    .-= Tanya´s last blog ..I Confess That: =-.

32. wini commented
    May 3rd, 2010 at 8:42pm

Hi Holly, I LOVE Anita’s elegant and luxurious style. Thank you for sharing and thanks for the discount offer too. I’m off to have a look at Anita’s store.

33. Etincelle commented
    May 3rd, 2010 at 10:28pm

I own this book!!!!! it is a delight to read it over and over again. I love everything about her house, but I am truly inspired by her daughter’s (?) room and I love her bathroom too (and the tiles in the living room are just gorgeous). And the quilt… oh my….
    .-= Etincelle´s last blog ..Pretty Matryoshka Doll – Mini Me – Dina =-.

34. Alison Gibbs commented
    May 3rd, 2010 at 11:07pm

Beautiful
    Alison
    .-= Alison Gibbs´s last blog ..DAY THREE AND FOUR OF TEN =-.

35. carissa commented
    May 4th, 2010 at 3:58am

aw… that bathtub is awesome!
    .-= carissa´s last blog ..Summer Essentials =-.

36. Penny Patten commented
    May 4th, 2010 at 6:52am

Pretty, pretty, very pretty. I like the jars for the kitchen. I’m a jar person too. Thay are every where in my house full of different things! Thank You for sharing the shopping discount!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..Gallery – Moomah =-.

37. Amy commented
    May 4th, 2010 at 9:18am

Is the flat belly for sale…. some days I wish I could just by one on line ;)
    .-= Amy´s last blog ..Lilac =-.

38. decor8 commented
    May 4th, 2010 at 9:20am

Amy – ha ha! Nope!

39. Lisa commented
    May 4th, 2010 at 9:32am

I’m really loving the color palette – the overall muted quality with strategic bright touches – lovely!
    .-= Lisa´s last blog ..First Roses =-.

40. Shell commented
    May 4th, 2010 at 11:46am

I’m in love with the picture with the armoire with the mirror on it. Simply beautiful. Exactly the kind I want one for my bedroom.
    .-= Shell´s last blog ..Merry Month of May =-.

41. MN commented
    May 4th, 2010 at 11:51am

I love these shots! Really goes to show what nice architectural details add to an interior. I think it’s becoming rare to find houses like that (at least in the U.S.; in Europe it’s fairly standard!!)
    Anita’s styling is perfect- what a gorgeous book. I’m adding it to my wishlist.
    .-= MN´s last blog ..Matchbox wall art at Anthropologie =-.

42. Sandi Gunnett commented
    May 5th, 2010 at 11:25am

wow! love this post and the previous.
    .-= Sandi Gunnett´s last blog ..Inspiration… =-.

43. Daniella commented
    May 5th, 2010 at 9:16pm

The architectural details in this house are stunning! I agree with MN, most houses in the US don’t have that attention paid to them anymore.

I particularly love how the coloring is mostly subtle, letting the architectural structure and interior objects speak for themselves.

Also, I would love to own that bath basin!
    .-= Daniella´s last blog ..Sneak Peak! Jars for Craftin’… =-.