Stylist Lotta Agaton

Today I am inspired by a few views from the portfolio of Swedish interiors stylist Lotta Agaton and I think you may enjoy roaming her portfolio today too… Isn’t the first image in all this orange-y goodness so refreshing? It’s how I want to spend afternoons all summer long…

The cabinet made from salvaged wood is gorgeous. I also like seeing the famous cow parsley wallpaper in bold black and white in the bedroom. Black and white never goes out of style, does it?

What a curious arrangement of things. I love examining collections that I see in photographs to try to piece together why the homeowner has arranged them in a certain way, I wonder if there is a story that they are trying to communicate or? I like the LOVE letters, they appeared to be hand carved which is a really nice touch.

This laundry room is so fresh and inspiring, it makes me want to do laundry which is usually something I try to put off doing until the last possible moment. I love that Lotta even coordinated what is on the television with the room when styling this shot. Clever!

Any specific shots that you like? Why? Identifying why you are drawn to something is a first step in composing your own personal style at home. Once you know what you like and why, you are on your way to shopping better (and with a purpose!) and having more fun when it comes to decision-making in regards to furnishings and accessories.

(images: lotta agaton)

Posted by decor8 in Decorating Tips on June 01, 2010

1. Will commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 8:06am

I adore bright colours, so that first image with the orange hues totally calls out to me! Happy Tuesday, Holly! Will xo
    .-= Will´s last blog ..{10 Things I Learned This Weekend…} =-.

2. Gunn commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 8:18am

Thank you for shering this inspiration.
    I fall comletly in L O V E with the laundry room.

It gave me so musch inspiration to create a beautiful room to such a …for me and many others….thing we do without much joy.

:) from gunn
    .-= Gunn´s last blog ..Sommer i gangen. =-.

3. Cristiana Barcenas commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 10:40am

I worked for Patricia Urquiola for three years, she reminds of the Spanish version of Lotta. Although Patricia is more colorful, the detail in everything they do is always present. And I have forever been in love with white, so you can imagine how much I loved this post!

4. Tania commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 10:46am

Oh these images are so very, very dreamy! I’ve always loved the crisp, clean look of white and black…just so peaceful! The occassional pops of color and natural wood is right up my aesthetic alley. Thanks for sharing!

~Tania~
    .-= Tania´s last blog ..Modern Carrier Pigeon in White Clay by indo bay =-.

5. koralee commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 11:51am

That first image makes me so so happy..and I am not even an orange lover..hummmmm….maybe I need to rethink orange! Love your blog. xoxoxo

6. Amie commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 12:22pm

I like the laundry room so much! It’s crisp, clean and so organized. It’s the total opposite of what is going on my laundry space.

7. Arlene Grasman commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 1:07pm

That laundry room made my day.

8. Miss B. commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 1:09pm

The shelf is most excellent but the laundry room? Now that is some kind of beautiful! Thank you for always finding such great inspiration!

9. crash pad girl commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 1:17pm

Wow, what a stylish laundry room. I wish my laundry room looked so good.

10. fai commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 2:33pm

I love laundry room and dining room! They are modern, but warm at the same time :)
    .-= fai´s last blog ..Shop n’ Promotions { 1970′s locket and Flower bouquet pendant } =-.

11. jenn commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 2:34pm

that salvaged wood cabinet is absolutely incredible!
    .-= jenn´s last blog ..mmm mmmm good! =-.

12. Rosie Campbell commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 2:56pm

Very cool rooms! I totally agree, laundry room is to die for! Wish mine looked that good.

Rosie Campbell

13. Rosie Campbell commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 2:57pm

Great style. I agree, I wish my laundry room looked that good. To die for.

14. Bonjour Romance commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 3:04pm

Bonjour Heather,
    I really like the laundry room set-up. The paper lends a little happiness to a normally drab space.
    .-= Bonjour Romance´s last blog ..Les Fleurs and Magazine Update =-.

15. anamorim commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 5:16pm

i’m amazed with the red accents in the grey bedroom. Perfectly positioned to break the mono shades. gorgeous
    .-= anamorim´s last blog ..red artDeco button ring – $10.00 =-.

16. Julia commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 5:59pm

Lovely and spunky at once, I really like these rooms. My fav is the shelf picture, probably the first time ever a hand giving the middle finger is featured on decor8! :-)

17. Maria Huggler commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 6:26pm

I LOVE the look of black and white with a touch of greenery to liven it all up. Gorgeous. That’s what has inspired my bathroom.

18. Kate commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 8:23pm

I really love the image of the bird cages on the wall. There is something about their shapes, chains and birds that keeps drawing my eyes back and forth.

19. Bridgette commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 9:03pm

I [heart] laundry goes without saying…. but that zig zag duvet cover is fab too!
    .-= Bridgette´s last blog ..Fresh Project : Pillows with Gathers + Bows =-.

20. Julie commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 9:04pm

I too LOVE the laundry room!
    .-= Julie´s last blog ..Repetition, Rhythm, Color…Nama Rococo =-.

21. alex*modernkiddo commented
    June 2nd, 2010 at 12:07am

These are all so cool. Looking at stylist portfolios is such a dream….I’m always amazed!!

btw, I love the “LOVE” letters…..and am I mistaken or is the hand flippin’ it’s middle finger???? hee. I kind of hope so. It’s a hilarious juxtaposition….and I appreciate a sense of humor when people are decorating!!
    .-= alex*modernkiddo´s last blog ..Oh La La: Ola & Olek =-.

22. MmePaulita commented
    June 2nd, 2010 at 8:41am

That gives me inspiration for my own laundry room
    .-= MmePaulita´s last blog ..Yay for short weeks =-.

23. Piper commented
    June 2nd, 2010 at 12:29pm

I can’t get enough of interior stylists’ work lately!! I love what she’s done to create warm and inviting spaces – the laundry room is heaven – if only mine looked anything like that :)!
    .-= Piper´s last blog ..{taking the leap with…stylist kim gray} =-.

24. Alyson commented
    June 2nd, 2010 at 7:11pm

I’m really drawn to the plates. Although I never decorate with those colours, my mum does!

25. Lotta Agaton commented
    June 3rd, 2010 at 2:33pm

Thank you so much for your kind words, i’m glad you like my work.

Thanks for a great blog!

Best regards,
    Lotta Agaton

PS..i quite recently started a blog http://www.lottaagaton.blogspot.com
    .-= Lotta Agaton´s last blog ..Kludd =-.

26. Lotta Agaton commented
    June 4th, 2010 at 12:44pm

Thank you very much for your post and kind words, i’m glad you like my work.

Have a great weekend.

Lotta Agaton

PS I have quite recently started a blog .. http://www.lottaagaton.blogspot.com
    .-= Lotta Agaton´s last blog ..Kludd =-.

27. Olivia Vianna commented
    July 22nd, 2010 at 12:56pm

Hello,

I’m Olivia from Brazil.
    I saw your blog and I really liked tham and would like to present mine:

And my site of pillows:

Hope you enjoy!!
    Best Regards
    Olivia Vianna

28. tisha smith commented
    January 30th, 2011 at 12:12am

Hi Holly, Love your blog and when I saw this post, I knew I’d be using it as inspiration for an art lesson. My students made their own “imaginary” Insect Silhouettes and they loved them! Thanks!
    tisha smith