Decorating Tips

Stylist Lotta Agaton

June 1, 2010

Today I am inspired by a few views from the portfolio of Swedish interiors stylist Lotta Agaton and I think you may enjoy roaming her portfolio today too… Isn’t the first image in all this orange-y goodness so refreshing? It’s how I want to spend afternoons all summer long…

Stylist Lotta Agaton

Stylist Lotta Agaton

The cabinet made from salvaged wood is gorgeous. I also like seeing the famous cow parsley wallpaper in bold black and white in the bedroom. Black and white never goes out of style, does it?

Stylist Lotta Agaton

What a curious arrangement of things. I love examining collections that I see in photographs to try to piece together why the homeowner has arranged them in a certain way, I wonder if there is a story that they are trying to communicate or? I like the LOVE letters, they appeared to be hand carved which is a really nice touch.

Stylist Lotta Agaton

This laundry room is so fresh and inspiring, it makes me want to do laundry which is usually something I try to put off doing until the last possible moment. I love that Lotta even coordinated what is on the television with the room when styling this shot. Clever!

Stylist Lotta Agaton

Any specific shots that you like? Why? Identifying why you are drawn to something is a first step in composing your own personal style at home. Once you know what you like and why, you are on your way to shopping better (and with a purpose!) and having more fun when it comes to decision-making in regards to furnishings and accessories.

(images: lotta agaton)

You Might Also Like

28 Comments

• Reply Will June 1, 2010 at 8:06 am

I adore bright colours, so that first image with the orange hues totally calls out to me! Happy Tuesday, Holly! Will xo
    .-= Will´s last blog ..{10 Things I Learned This Weekend…} =-.

• Reply Gunn June 1, 2010 at 8:18 am

Thank you for shering this inspiration.
    I fall comletly in L O V E with the laundry room.

It gave me so musch inspiration to create a beautiful room to such a …for me and many others….thing we do without much joy.

:) from gunn
    .-= Gunn´s last blog ..Sommer i gangen. =-.

• Reply Cristiana Barcenas June 1, 2010 at 10:40 am

I worked for Patricia Urquiola for three years, she reminds of the Spanish version of Lotta. Although Patricia is more colorful, the detail in everything they do is always present. And I have forever been in love with white, so you can imagine how much I loved this post!

• Reply Tania June 1, 2010 at 10:46 am

Oh these images are so very, very dreamy! I’ve always loved the crisp, clean look of white and black…just so peaceful! The occassional pops of color and natural wood is right up my aesthetic alley. Thanks for sharing!

~Tania~
    .-= Tania´s last blog ..Modern Carrier Pigeon in White Clay by indo bay =-.

• Reply koralee June 1, 2010 at 11:51 am

That first image makes me so so happy..and I am not even an orange lover..hummmmm….maybe I need to rethink orange! Love your blog. xoxoxo

• Reply Amie June 1, 2010 at 12:22 pm

I like the laundry room so much! It’s crisp, clean and so organized. It’s the total opposite of what is going on my laundry space.

• Reply Arlene Grasman June 1, 2010 at 1:07 pm

That laundry room made my day.

• Reply Miss B. June 1, 2010 at 1:09 pm

The shelf is most excellent but the laundry room? Now that is some kind of beautiful! Thank you for always finding such great inspiration!

• Reply crash pad girl June 1, 2010 at 1:17 pm

Wow, what a stylish laundry room. I wish my laundry room looked so good.

• Reply fai June 1, 2010 at 2:33 pm

I love laundry room and dining room! They are modern, but warm at the same time :)
    .-= fai´s last blog ..Shop n’ Promotions { 1970’s locket and Flower bouquet pendant } =-.

• Reply jenn June 1, 2010 at 2:34 pm

that salvaged wood cabinet is absolutely incredible!
    .-= jenn´s last blog ..mmm mmmm good! =-.

• Reply Rosie Campbell June 1, 2010 at 2:56 pm

Very cool rooms! I totally agree, laundry room is to die for! Wish mine looked that good.

Rosie Campbell

• Reply Rosie Campbell June 1, 2010 at 2:57 pm

Great style. I agree, I wish my laundry room looked that good. To die for.

• Reply Bonjour Romance June 1, 2010 at 3:04 pm

Bonjour Heather,
    I really like the laundry room set-up. The paper lends a little happiness to a normally drab space.
    .-= Bonjour Romance´s last blog ..Les Fleurs and Magazine Update =-.

• Reply anamorim June 1, 2010 at 5:16 pm

i’m amazed with the red accents in the grey bedroom. Perfectly positioned to break the mono shades. gorgeous
    .-= anamorim´s last blog ..red artDeco button ring – $10.00 =-.

• Reply Julia June 1, 2010 at 5:59 pm

Lovely and spunky at once, I really like these rooms. My fav is the shelf picture, probably the first time ever a hand giving the middle finger is featured on decor8! :-)

• Reply Maria Huggler June 1, 2010 at 6:26 pm

I LOVE the look of black and white with a touch of greenery to liven it all up. Gorgeous. That’s what has inspired my bathroom.

• Reply Kate June 1, 2010 at 8:23 pm

I really love the image of the bird cages on the wall. There is something about their shapes, chains and birds that keeps drawing my eyes back and forth.

• Reply Bridgette June 1, 2010 at 9:03 pm

I [heart] laundry goes without saying…. but that zig zag duvet cover is fab too!
    .-= Bridgette´s last blog ..Fresh Project : Pillows with Gathers + Bows =-.

• Reply Julie June 1, 2010 at 9:04 pm

I too LOVE the laundry room!
    .-= Julie´s last blog ..Repetition, Rhythm, Color…Nama Rococo =-.

• Reply alex*modernkiddo June 2, 2010 at 12:07 am

These are all so cool. Looking at stylist portfolios is such a dream….I’m always amazed!!

btw, I love the “LOVE” letters…..and am I mistaken or is the hand flippin’ it’s middle finger???? hee. I kind of hope so. It’s a hilarious juxtaposition….and I appreciate a sense of humor when people are decorating!!
    .-= alex*modernkiddo´s last blog ..Oh La La: Ola & Olek =-.

• Reply MmePaulita June 2, 2010 at 8:41 am

That gives me inspiration for my own laundry room
    .-= MmePaulita´s last blog ..Yay for short weeks =-.

• Reply Piper June 2, 2010 at 12:29 pm

I can’t get enough of interior stylists’ work lately!! I love what she’s done to create warm and inviting spaces – the laundry room is heaven – if only mine looked anything like that :)!
    .-= Piper´s last blog ..{taking the leap with…stylist kim gray} =-.

• Reply Alyson June 2, 2010 at 7:11 pm

I’m really drawn to the plates. Although I never decorate with those colours, my mum does!

• Reply Lotta Agaton June 3, 2010 at 2:33 pm

Thank you so much for your kind words, i’m glad you like my work.

Thanks for a great blog!

Best regards,
    Lotta Agaton

PS..i quite recently started a blog http://www.lottaagaton.blogspot.com
    .-= Lotta Agaton´s last blog ..Kludd =-.

• Reply Lotta Agaton June 4, 2010 at 12:44 pm

Thank you very much for your post and kind words, i’m glad you like my work.

Have a great weekend.

Lotta Agaton

PS I have quite recently started a blog .. http://www.lottaagaton.blogspot.com
    .-= Lotta Agaton´s last blog ..Kludd =-.

• Reply Olivia Vianna July 22, 2010 at 12:56 pm

Hello,

I’m Olivia from Brazil.
    I saw your blog and I really liked tham and would like to present mine:

And my site of pillows:

Hope you enjoy!!
    Best Regards
    Olivia Vianna

• Reply tisha smith January 30, 2011 at 12:12 am

Hi Holly, Love your blog and when I saw this post, I knew I’d be using it as inspiration for an art lesson. My students made their own “imaginary” Insect Silhouettes and they loved them! Thanks!
    tisha smith