What Katie Ate

Love to cook? Looking for some inspiration in the kitchen? In need of a few good recipes? Well let me tell ya, I sure could use some action in my kitchen because I’m stuck in a cooking rut these days. I’ve been eating lots of the same things over and over again (poor husband!) and I feel like my menu is a bit like groundhog day! I could live on watermelon and ice cream all summer… Do you get in these cooking ruts too? I feel like I’m the only one sometime… and that I’m being a bad wife which makes me feel kinda sad. That’s why when I came across a lovely food blog today called What Katie Ate I felt like my eyes have been opened to a whole new world of inspiring yummy things to whip up at home. Go Holly, go Holly, go! go! go!

What Katie Ate

I hope that you enjoy this pretty blog, it’s special because all recipes and food photography are produced by the blog author herself, Katie in Sydney, who is a professional food photographer. Nom, nom, nom!

If you love art and design, you may also enjoy Katie’s other blog called What Katie Saw. Enjoy!

(images: what katie ate)

Posted by decor8 in kitchen on June 22, 2010

1. Ludmila {CreamyLife.com} commented
    June 22nd, 2010 at 2:21pm

YUM! loving all the pictures! oh, better to say drooling over these deliciousness!
    Ludmila {CreamyLife.com}´s last blog post ..Etsy: Bagatelles and Co

2. Christine commented
    June 22nd, 2010 at 2:33pm

I can definitely relate to a cooking rut! I dread the question “what should we have for dinner tonight??”. I always say I like to cook, just not everyday – you jsut run out of inspiration! I’ll definitely be checking out her blog – hopefully this will help with those to-be-expected ruts!

Thank you – hope your day is lovely :)
    Christine´s last blog post ..imaginary vacation

3. {tig} commented
    June 22nd, 2010 at 2:34pm

too funny! had discovered this beautiful blog a few weeks ago and had been saving it for a future post but a little too late :)
    {tig}´s last blog post ..{patterns & layers and the winner is . . .}

4. decor8 commented
    June 22nd, 2010 at 2:36pm

tig – I’m sorry, I know this feeling -but please, blog it anyway!!! :)

5. Renee commented
    June 22nd, 2010 at 2:52pm

Girl ~ you are not alone!
    Renee´s last blog post ..My Brochure Is Complete! {cue music…}

6. Jen commented
    June 22nd, 2010 at 2:56pm

Love this! The photos are so beautiful – I want to frame them for my kitchen :)

Also, how come my food is never this pretty when I cook/bake?

7. Pins + Paper commented
    June 22nd, 2010 at 3:06pm

At this point, I don’t think I’ll find time to get over to What Katie Saw if I can’t pull myself away from What Katie Ate! :) YUM!

~ Kristen
    Pins + Paper´s last blog post ..Fresh Arrivals: My Happy Nursery

8. helena commented
    June 22nd, 2010 at 4:01pm

excellent taste both when it comes to food and design from this aussie girl. thanks for the tip!

9. The Design Dish commented
    June 22nd, 2010 at 4:26pm

wow, thanks for posting, what a great blog!
    The Design Dish
    The Design Dish´s last blog post ..Jenna’s Picks

10. ishtar commented
    June 23rd, 2010 at 9:50am

here´s where I also wanted to comment!! the food looks so yummy!!
    But I specially liked what you wrote…I havent been inspired to cook lately, but with two hungry boys and I husband I have to. I could also use some encouraging words like you did…” go ishtar, go ishtar…”
    :D
    ishtar´s last blog post ..Ask unazukin-Pregunta a unazukin

11. Frau Mayer commented
    June 23rd, 2010 at 2:59pm

Holly, are you serious about ‘being a bad wife’?
    Frau Mayer´s last blog post ..Cupboard and me

12. wendy d commented
    June 23rd, 2010 at 3:47pm

I just wanted to thank you for introducing Katie and her awesomeness to me today. It was if you typed a little present into my inbox with your fingers. You give the best gifts Holly.

Thanks!

13. decor8 commented
    June 23rd, 2010 at 4:39pm

Frau Mayer – God, no. My husband knows he is a lucky boy despite the fact that I’m stuck in a food rut!!

14. jennifer ramos commented
    June 23rd, 2010 at 5:21pm

I adore FOOD blogs…so much CHOCOLATE too! Oh my Lord.

madebygirl.blogspot.com
    jennifer ramos´s last blog post ..Strawberry Shake with Marshmallows….

15. Chloe C commented
    June 24th, 2010 at 9:47am

Thanks for the link! I want to play hooky and run home and make the Lemon thing right this minute. and eat it all.

16. das. commented
    June 24th, 2010 at 9:39pm

Yeah yeah yeah nice blog…not sure if i can make the same, but i truly feel the taste from the photos…haha
    das.´s last blog post ..Navy Blue Polka Dots Cotton Tote Bag with Dark Turquoise Cotton Base

17. Johanna commented
    June 28th, 2010 at 10:28am

Delicious! I’m so glad to be introduced to this blog, thank you.