West Elm Fall Preview

Remember how I was just telling you about all of the new things out there in the art + design world and how inspiring it all is? With all of the fairs and flea markets and indie fests going on right now, there is a lot to find and be inspired by. Not to mention what the big retailers are up to as they begin to roll out their Fall previews… Take West Elm for instance. They have some great things for Fall… would you like a mini taste of what is to come? Good, because that’s what this post is intended to do! And a big pssssst — I love their new bedding!

West Elm

West Elm

West Elm Fall Preview

West Elm Fall Preview

West Elm Fall Preview

West Elm Fall Preview

Now I’m hoping that I have time to hit a West Elm store when I’m in the states in July. I’ll be in New York and Los Angeles working with Debi Treloar on my book (we have a lot of spaces to style + photograph together) and I’m very excited because I’m leaving ahead of schedule so I have 4 vacation days in New York for the July 4th weekend and I’m staying an extra 4 days in California so that I can hang out with my husband as we’ll be celebrating our 9th anniversary and being in California is always special to us as we spent our honeymoon in San Francisco and Sonoma and we both just adore CA from top to bottom, it’s such an amazing state and we both love the diversity – people, places, landscape — bliss! If we ever relocated back to the states California is where we’d go!

West Elm Fall Preview

West Elm Fall Preview

West Elm Fall Preview

West Elm Fall Preview

West Elm Fall Preview

West Elm

West Elm

But yes, anyway, I plan to hit a few shops while I’m stateside for nearly 3 weeks (Target here I come, ready or not!) and West Elm is one of ‘em. I wonder if the Tripod table in white is flat pack… Hmmmm… It’s NICE. Also loving their new collaboration with Mike Miller

(images: west elm)

Posted by decor8 in Decorating Tips, shopping on June 24, 2010

1. debra commented
    June 24th, 2010 at 5:12am

stunning, beautiful, wonderful to look at and simply inspiring!

2. Sandra Kuwartowski commented
    June 24th, 2010 at 5:46am

I like the combination of the two cushions: Mike Miller`s silhoutte cut (we made silhoutte cuts back in kindergarten-makes me nostalic..) and the woven diamand twill cushion (which is a classic weave .. and one of the first pattern you learn as a weaver..again nostalic sentiments for me). The pictures and cushions are nostalic and modern at the same time. Really nice!

3. M by M commented
    June 24th, 2010 at 5:56am

Lovely and cleen! Beatifull colours!

4. Rachael @ Mrs. Adventure commented
    June 24th, 2010 at 6:00am

Wow totally agree with you their new bedding is to die for… I have been drooling over the solid white pintuck set for months now thanks to this little post I can add the gold!

5. Cheryl commented
    June 24th, 2010 at 6:27am

I received my fall preview west elm the other day. so many lovely things…
    Cheryl´s last blog post ..for my bbq foodie friends… commence the mouth-watering!

6. Jillian commented
    June 24th, 2010 at 8:40am

There is a lot to love in these inspiration photos. I really like the combination of painted brick with the rustic wood and sleek white. I was inspired enough by the bedding collection to order the clover duvet and pillowcases. I’ve been looking for the perfect bedding forever. Then I saw this collection, and it was so hard to choose just one.
    Jillian´s last blog post ..Homemade Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli with Marinara

7. heather commented
    June 24th, 2010 at 10:19am

Ummmm…..all of it looks fabulous!
    heather´s last blog post ..I should have kept reading!

8. Karen Beth Martin commented
    June 24th, 2010 at 11:20am

Hello,

Could you please tell me where to find a brass accordion bedside lamp like in the first photo? Is that West Elm too?

I would love to have one for my bedroom.

Thanks!

Karen Beth Martin´s last blog post ..Germany Westclox Lucite Alarm Clock

9. pixie commented
    June 24th, 2010 at 12:18pm

I love West Elm and love them even more since they’ve been using sustainable and eco-friendly materials.

And Beth, I too love that brass lamp! Just what I need in my tiny apartment since I don’t really have room for a nightstand and lamp.
    pixie´s last blog post ..The Flea, Anthro and Oddly Facsinating Facial Hair

10. Anne commented
    June 24th, 2010 at 12:53pm

Restoration has a bedside lamp that looks an awful lot like that one (in silver and bronze), but when I read the instructions posted for it, it said the lamp contains lead and you should wash your hands every time you touch it. Yikes!

11. Valerie @ Designs by Val commented
    June 24th, 2010 at 1:43pm

This may be an odd comment, but i love the painted brick walls…especially the grey one against the white & grey furniture.

12. Ashley @ Indie Pretty Projects commented
    June 25th, 2010 at 2:09pm

I’m in love with that first bedding set – it’s just what I’ve been looking for!
    Ashley @ Indie Pretty Projects´s last blog post ..Project: DIY – Make your own Vanilla Latte with syrup recipe

13. lojo commented
    June 26th, 2010 at 6:17pm

I really like a lot of these pictures- especially the hanging wood lamp.

The past few years I haven’t especiially loved West End, but it looks like that is all going to change this fall! I love rustic modern design……

14. Ewelina commented
    June 29th, 2010 at 1:05pm

Amazing wall colours and accessories! I just love spacious rooms with dark coloured walls…but living in Scandinavia it’s rather a faux pas not to have white walls ;o)
    Ewelina´s last blog post ..What I’ve spotted recently…

15. Justine commented
    October 4th, 2010 at 4:28pm

I am a HUGE fan of West Elm and I didn’t think it was possible to love West Elm any more than I already do. BUT THIS! Oh my goodness! The way they’ve kind of pushed their urban modern into a more eclectic feel is wonderful! Love it!
    Justine´s last blog post ..ElefantaSprout on DesignSponge!

16. elena commented