Decorating Tips, Shopping + Products

June 24, 2010

Remember how I was just telling you about all of the new things out there in the art + design world and how inspiring it all is? With all of the fairs and flea markets and indie fests going on right now, there is a lot to find and be inspired by. Not to mention what the big retailers are up to as they begin to roll out their Fall previews… Take West Elm for instance. They have some great things for Fall… would you like a mini taste of what is to come? Good, because that’s what this post is intended to do! And a big pssssst — I love their new bedding!

West Elm Fall Preview

Now I’m hoping that I have time to hit a West Elm store when I’m in the states in July. I’ll be in New York and Los Angeles working with Debi Treloar on my book (we have a lot of spaces to style + photograph together) and I’m very excited because I’m leaving ahead of schedule so I have 4 vacation days in New York for the July 4th weekend and I’m staying an extra 4 days in California so that I can hang out with my husband as we’ll be celebrating our 9th anniversary and being in California is always special to us as we spent our honeymoon in San Francisco and Sonoma and we both just adore CA from top to bottom, it’s such an amazing state and we both love the diversity – people, places, landscape — bliss! If we ever relocated back to the states California is where we’d go!

West Elm Fall Preview

But yes, anyway, I plan to hit a few shops while I’m stateside for nearly 3 weeks (Target here I come, ready or not!) and West Elm is one of ’em. I wonder if the Tripod table in white is flat pack… Hmmmm… It’s NICE. Also loving their new collaboration with Mike Miller

(images: west elm)

You Might Also Like

• Reply debra June 24, 2010 at 5:12 am

stunning, beautiful, wonderful to look at and simply inspiring!

• Reply Sandra Kuwartowski June 24, 2010 at 5:46 am

I like the combination of the two cushions: Mike Miller`s silhoutte cut (we made silhoutte cuts back in kindergarten-makes me nostalic..) and the woven diamand twill cushion (which is a classic weave .. and one of the first pattern you learn as a weaver..again nostalic sentiments for me). The pictures and cushions are nostalic and modern at the same time. Really nice!

• Reply M by M June 24, 2010 at 5:56 am

Lovely and cleen! Beatifull colours!

• Reply Rachael @ Mrs. Adventure June 24, 2010 at 6:00 am

Wow totally agree with you their new bedding is to die for… I have been drooling over the solid white pintuck set for months now thanks to this little post I can add the gold!

• Reply Cheryl June 24, 2010 at 6:27 am

I received my fall preview west elm the other day. so many lovely things…

• Reply Jillian June 24, 2010 at 8:40 am

There is a lot to love in these inspiration photos. I really like the combination of painted brick with the rustic wood and sleek white. I was inspired enough by the bedding collection to order the clover duvet and pillowcases. I’ve been looking for the perfect bedding forever. Then I saw this collection, and it was so hard to choose just one.

• Reply heather June 24, 2010 at 10:19 am

Ummmm…..all of it looks fabulous!

• Reply Karen Beth Martin June 24, 2010 at 11:20 am

Could you please tell me where to find a brass accordion bedside lamp like in the first photo? Is that West Elm too?

I would love to have one for my bedroom.

• Reply pixie June 24, 2010 at 12:18 pm

I love West Elm and love them even more since they’ve been using sustainable and eco-friendly materials.

And Beth, I too love that brass lamp! Just what I need in my tiny apartment since I don’t really have room for a nightstand and lamp.

• Reply Anne June 24, 2010 at 12:53 pm

Restoration has a bedside lamp that looks an awful lot like that one (in silver and bronze), but when I read the instructions posted for it, it said the lamp contains lead and you should wash your hands every time you touch it. Yikes!

• Reply Valerie @ Designs by Val June 24, 2010 at 1:43 pm

This may be an odd comment, but i love the painted brick walls…especially the grey one against the white & grey furniture.

• Reply Ashley @ Indie Pretty Projects June 25, 2010 at 2:09 pm

I’m in love with that first bedding set – it’s just what I’ve been looking for!

• Reply lojo June 26, 2010 at 6:17 pm

I really like a lot of these pictures- especially the hanging wood lamp.

The past few years I haven’t especiially loved West End, but it looks like that is all going to change this fall! I love rustic modern design……

• Reply Ewelina June 29, 2010 at 1:05 pm

Amazing wall colours and accessories! I just love spacious rooms with dark coloured walls…but living in Scandinavia it’s rather a faux pas not to have white walls ;o)

• Reply Justine October 4, 2010 at 4:28 pm

I am a HUGE fan of West Elm and I didn’t think it was possible to love West Elm any more than I already do. BUT THIS! Oh my goodness! The way they’ve kind of pushed their urban modern into a more eclectic feel is wonderful! Love it!

• Reply elena October 31, 2010 at 5:12 pm