Events + Markets, Travel

Join Me in Marrakesh!

June 25, 2010

Hello friends and happy Friday to you! I have some exciting news to share with you today! I will be leading a workshop in Morocco from October 16-23, 2010 for an intimate, private group of 10 at the brand new and ultra exclusive Peacock Pavilions owned by Maryam Montague who authors the My Marrakesh blog and who is a professional shopper and soon-to-be book author.

Join Me in Marrakesh!

Here is a tiny glimpse of one of the ensuite guest rooms where you may want to rest your head after a dip in the pool, a henna party, rooftop dinner at sunset, drinks on the terrace, creative workshops focused on decorating and also blogging and creativity, or a shopping adventure in the souks of Marrakesh with Maryam and I (Maryam will take us to hidden gems, where she sources her finds).

Join Me in Marrakesh!

Join Me in Marrakesh!

Join Me in Marrakesh!

Join Me in Marrakesh!

“There are 5 ensuite bedrooms at Peacock Pavilions. Each has an entirely different personality. This one is called The Room of the Golden Gazelles. Although you see it with a double bed here, all the rooms can have 2 single beds, too.”

“The inspiration for the room was a screen that was in Lanvin’s apartment in Paris.  I saw it in an auction catalogue my parents sent me (they are auction addicts) and I sent it to Melanie Royals at Modello Designs as inspiration for the wall that she would be painting with a group of painters. She then redesigned it — adapting it to Peacock Pavilions, swapping out the tree for an olive tree, adding a dado at the bottom to act as the headboard backdrop, adding stars and flowers that she designed herself.”

“My goal was to create a room with a glamorous feel and as you can see I have decorated it all in shades of gold/brass, black and white.  The room is filled with some antique and vintage treasures from Morocco and further afield.”

Now would you like a peek in on one of the bathrooms?

Join Me in Marrakesh!

Join Me in Marrakesh!

Join Me in Marrakesh!

“This sunny yellow bathroom is all about yellow and white with a splash of pink. It’s a bathroom that is designed to lift your spirits and was designed on a budget. We made the vanity ourselves using a Moroccan yellow tile I found locally with a modern floral pattern. I found a little porcelain sink with a flower shape and a faucet that looked like a flower stem. I then put together a small Norman Copenhagen flower pendant lamp. The floor tile is from Popham House Design. I picked up the pattern from the tile, enlarged it with a stencil and had it sandblasted on the glass shower door. Besides the yellow walls, the rest of the walls are done in a glossy, burnished ivory tadelakt (like Venetian plaster) that makes the whole room glow and bounces the light around. ”

And this is just a glimpse of the magical pavilions where we will be staying… It will be a most enchanting + lovely time… I hope that you will enroll and join us on this exciting adventure. I can’t wait to join Maryam — we’ve been friends since I started this blog as she was one of my first readers so to meet her will wonderful for me.

Her is the full schedule and trip details, cost, etc. There is a special offer to those who can pay with a check for a discount until June 30. They will receive $147.00 off the total price.

Registration is extremely limited — only 10 can enroll — I wish I could enroll all of you though, imagine that!!

Let’s meet in Marrakesh!

(photos: maryam montague)

You Might Also Like

42 Comments

• Reply sideoats + scribbles (Lisa) June 25, 2010 at 1:04 pm

Oh wow Holly! I feel like I’ve just had a mini vacation by looking at your photos! The lucky 10 people are sure to have a wonderful time!

• Reply Christine June 25, 2010 at 1:08 pm

What an absolutely fabulous opportunity!! Those will 10 very lucky participants.

This place is STUNNING. I can only imagine the creativity this would inspire! I’m inspired just reading about it!!

• Reply lesley June 25, 2010 at 1:13 pm

wow… it looks amazing! i only wish i could be there…

xoxo,
    lesley

• Reply Tiffany June 25, 2010 at 1:32 pm

Love that bed! Such a great inspiration

XOXO

• Reply Brigitte June 25, 2010 at 1:35 pm

ok, that’s it. I’m canceling my trip to Peru.

• Reply decor8 June 25, 2010 at 1:36 pm

Brigitte – :) :)

• Reply juliette June 25, 2010 at 1:41 pm

that bathroom lamp is the very lamp I’ve been planning on purchasing for my (yellow) office! I was hoping to pick it up at the Norm Copenhagen store this summer on our Scandinavian roadtrip =)

Holly – you are going to have a blast! (as so are the lucky ladies who join you!) What a great example of loving what you do for a job!

• Reply leslie June 25, 2010 at 1:52 pm

I’m in. Too much fun and inspiration to be had!!!

• Reply decor8 June 25, 2010 at 1:57 pm

Oh Leslie, this is great. WE WILL ROCK THE KASBAH!!!!

• Reply Melanie Royals June 25, 2010 at 2:30 pm

Oh, how wonderful to see my Rateau-inspired art deco mural on your blog-as well as more amazing of PP. I was just there in May again with a third group of Peacock Painters to stencil Maryam’s hospitality tent. We got to be the first group to stay there–and I got to sleep under the gold gazelle!

You and your travelling companions are in for such a treat! Marrakech is the most magical place on earth, IMHO, and Maryam is a sorceress when it comes to entertaining. Travel safe and have a wonderful time!!! I hope to return there soon, inshallah!!

• Reply leslie June 25, 2010 at 2:38 pm

TOTALLY!!! Ha that song is so funny!!!

• Reply kay June 25, 2010 at 2:41 pm

these photos are breathtaking…….

• Reply Lauren June 25, 2010 at 2:44 pm

What an incredible trip! That bathroom alone is worth the $$$!!

• Reply Orit June 25, 2010 at 2:56 pm

WOW !!! So exciting !!! Wish i could join… Have so much fun!

• Reply amy June 25, 2010 at 3:02 pm

oh to be able to go on this trip! having read your descriptions of it before, it sounded amazing – but now – seeing these photos, i am blown away. what a stunning adventure this will be for everyone who can attend!

• Reply Lisa June 25, 2010 at 4:27 pm

I was one of Melanie’s third set of Peacock Painters. We had a blast in Morocco. The Peacock Pavilion lives up to its photos. You need to go on this trip to check out the entertainment tent we stenciled. The henna party was great, Marrakesh is loads of fun – the food, the spa, the atmosphere, the entertainment, the shopping – you must know how to bargain when shopping. If I didn’t already have a different trip planned in October I would love to go back.

• Reply Punctuation Mark June 25, 2010 at 5:32 pm

I’ve always wanted to go there and your images are definitely very enticing… have fun!

• Reply Pixie June 25, 2010 at 6:46 pm

Wow! That is freakin’ awesome. Sounds like fun, I wish I had the time to go.

• Reply Tara Hogan June 25, 2010 at 8:26 pm

Holly, this is amazing. So happy for you!

• Reply Mariah @LadyLUX June 25, 2010 at 8:45 pm

I love this Moroccan style! So beautiful and exotic!

• Reply Sandra June 25, 2010 at 9:31 pm

Hi Holly,
    Are all the spaces filled already?

• Reply Kayla @ Exquisite Banana June 25, 2010 at 10:26 pm

Hi Holly! Just wanted to tell you that I wish SO BADLY that I could attend this. I actually wrote a blog post about it being my dream “professional vacation” the other day when I first saw your tweet about it. Many many warm congratulations to you!

• Reply claudia bravo! June 26, 2010 at 6:57 am

i love this sweet flower shaped sink. it reminds me of a small bowl form kelly’s high street market etsy shop. thanks for sharing! xo c. bravo!

• Reply The Design Dish June 26, 2010 at 10:32 am

that is amazing! I just adore Morocco!
    The Design Dish

• Reply Heidi June 26, 2010 at 4:07 pm

What an amazing opportunity this will be! I studied abroad in 2001 and one of our stops was Morocco where I spent a few days in Marrakesh. One of my most memorable moments is when a man tried to sell a group of us college girls a big, massive rug and we were all like how do we get out of this ordeal?!

• Reply Vicki June 26, 2010 at 9:21 pm

Fabulous!!! I so…want to go.

• Reply Emma June 26, 2010 at 9:35 pm

I love the idea behind these art and culture trips. I checked out some of the other ACE camps and they all look fascinating. What an experience! Marrakech is an amazing city and to see it with an insider is priceless. Wish I could join in.

• Reply Brooke H June 26, 2010 at 11:56 pm

I so wish I could join you, Miriam, and Leslie, all my favorite bloggers! It’s going to be amazing.

• Reply Gina June 27, 2010 at 7:24 am

My husband and I will be at the Peacock Pavilions last week in September. Thanks for the photographs…. Can’t wait.

• Reply Shannon Fricke June 28, 2010 at 12:15 am

Holly, I’d love to come! What an extraordinary trip.
    sx

• Reply lady a. June 28, 2010 at 5:46 am

This little table on the first picture is beautiful, looks like a tiny Alhambra. And I love the wallpaper.

• Reply Sue June 28, 2010 at 7:18 am

Love to Golden Yellow bathroom – such a gorgeous colour!

• Reply Claire June 28, 2010 at 10:08 am

i love this! all moroccan inspired designs are beautiful, i love the side table in the bedroom.

• Reply Victoria Bellow June 29, 2010 at 4:49 am

Bedroom is definitely Awesome!!I adore the idea behind these art and culture trips. I am totally loving the wall as well, just fabulous! Great Blog!thanks. inspiring

• Reply kate (pm) June 29, 2010 at 9:16 pm

this is so amazing!!! hooray for you! the only reason i won’t be there is b/c my schedule is booked (and paid) through through the next 6 months. boo for me! i’m sure this will be a smashing success. then it will have to be offered again.
    looking forward see photos and reading all about it – even though i’ll still be sad i’m not there.

• Reply Renate July 2, 2010 at 11:18 am

Oh, this sounds so, so wonderful. But it’s just ever so slightly *cough* more than I can afford. :-(
    Hope you’ll still be organizing these trips when I’m rich! ;-)

• Reply ali July 18, 2010 at 10:20 pm

hey im ali and im from Marrakech :) and i LOVE my city sooo MUCH <3
    if anyone needing a free translator or just someone to hang out with when you'll be in Marrakech , im available for free lol

have a great Trip :) Much love

• Reply Tracey July 23, 2010 at 5:50 pm

Wow! What a great opportunity! I wish I can attend but a bit too far from Hells Kitchen in NYC!

• Reply Olivia Vianna August 16, 2010 at 4:58 pm

Hi,
    I loved the black and white cusion. I have a cusion store in Brazil, the site: http://www.kissen.com.br

Hope you enjoy!!
    Olivia

• Reply giovanna August 28, 2010 at 9:15 am

OHHH they are lucky.
    Morroco is near to Spain. Come to Spain too. To Madrid. Justo te meet your readers here ;)

• Reply Joanna @ Finding Shibusa March 16, 2011 at 6:51 pm

Simply exquisite! I love every detail… the black and gold is spectacular!

• Reply julie June 26, 2011 at 1:25 pm

Wow, now that’s a bathroom. I love it! Fantastic. Can I come too?