Join Me in Marrakesh!

Hello friends and happy Friday to you! I have some exciting news to share with you today! I will be leading a workshop in Morocco from October 16-23, 2010 for an intimate, private group of 10 at the brand new and ultra exclusive Peacock Pavilions owned by Maryam Montague who authors the My Marrakesh blog and who is a professional shopper and soon-to-be book author.

Join me in Morocco!

Here is a tiny glimpse of one of the ensuite guest rooms where you may want to rest your head after a dip in the pool, a henna party, rooftop dinner at sunset, drinks on the terrace, creative workshops focused on decorating and also blogging and creativity, or a shopping adventure in the souks of Marrakesh with Maryam and I (Maryam will take us to hidden gems, where she sources her finds).

Join me in Morocco!

Join me in Morocco!

Join me in Morocco!

Join me in Morocco!

“There are 5 ensuite bedrooms at Peacock Pavilions. Each has an entirely different personality. This one is called The Room of the Golden Gazelles. Although you see it with a double bed here, all the rooms can have 2 single beds, too.”

“The inspiration for the room was a screen that was in Lanvin’s apartment in Paris.  I saw it in an auction catalogue my parents sent me (they are auction addicts) and I sent it to Melanie Royals at Modello Designs as inspiration for the wall that she would be painting with a group of painters. She then redesigned it — adapting it to Peacock Pavilions, swapping out the tree for an olive tree, adding a dado at the bottom to act as the headboard backdrop, adding stars and flowers that she designed herself.”

“My goal was to create a room with a glamorous feel and as you can see I have decorated it all in shades of gold/brass, black and white.  The room is filled with some antique and vintage treasures from Morocco and further afield.”

Now would you like a peek in on one of the bathrooms?

Join me in Morocco!

Join me in Morocco!

Join me in Morocco!

“This sunny yellow bathroom is all about yellow and white with a splash of pink. It’s a bathroom that is designed to lift your spirits and was designed on a budget. We made the vanity ourselves using a Moroccan yellow tile I found locally with a modern floral pattern. I found a little porcelain sink with a flower shape and a faucet that looked like a flower stem. I then put together a small Norman Copenhagen flower pendant lamp. The floor tile is from Popham House Design. I picked up the pattern from the tile, enlarged it with a stencil and had it sandblasted on the glass shower door. Besides the yellow walls, the rest of the walls are done in a glossy, burnished ivory tadelakt (like Venetian plaster) that makes the whole room glow and bounces the light around. ”

And this is just a glimpse of the magical pavilions where we will be staying… It will be a most enchanting + lovely time… I hope that you will enroll and join us on this exciting adventure. I can’t wait to join Maryam — we’ve been friends since I started this blog as she was one of my first readers so to meet her will wonderful for me.

Her is the full schedule and trip details, cost, etc. There is a special offer to those who can pay with a check for a discount until June 30. They will receive $147.00 off the total price.

Registration is extremely limited — only 10 can enroll — I wish I could enroll all of you though, imagine that!!

Let’s meet in Marrakesh!

(photos: maryam montague)

Posted by decor8 in events + markets, travel on June 25, 2010

1. sideoats + scribbles (Lisa) commented
    June 25th, 2010 at 1:04pm

Oh wow Holly! I feel like I’ve just had a mini vacation by looking at your photos! The lucky 10 people are sure to have a wonderful time!
    sideoats + scribbles (Lisa)´s last blog post ..Dear Lizzy Doilies

2. Christine commented
    June 25th, 2010 at 1:08pm

What an absolutely fabulous opportunity!! Those will 10 very lucky participants.

This place is STUNNING. I can only imagine the creativity this would inspire! I’m inspired just reading about it!!

3. lesley commented
    June 25th, 2010 at 1:13pm

wow… it looks amazing! i only wish i could be there…

xoxo,
    lesley
    lesley´s last blog post ..my favorite macarons . . . 5×5 fine art photography print

4. Tiffany commented
    June 25th, 2010 at 1:32pm

Love that bed! Such a great inspiration

XOXO

5. Brigitte commented
    June 25th, 2010 at 1:35pm

ok, that’s it. I’m canceling my trip to Peru.
    Brigitte´s last blog post ..Stuff and Things: Where I Blog and Other VERY IMPORTANT STUFF

6. decor8 commented
    June 25th, 2010 at 1:36pm

Brigitte – :) :)

7. juliette commented
    June 25th, 2010 at 1:41pm

that bathroom lamp is the very lamp I’ve been planning on purchasing for my (yellow) office! I was hoping to pick it up at the Norm Copenhagen store this summer on our Scandinavian roadtrip =)

Holly – you are going to have a blast! (as so are the lucky ladies who join you!) What a great example of loving what you do for a job!
    juliette´s last blog post ..Do we see a theme here?

8. leslie commented
    June 25th, 2010 at 1:52pm

I’m in. Too much fun and inspiration to be had!!!
    leslie´s last blog post ..Color Me Pretty Time

9. decor8 commented
    June 25th, 2010 at 1:57pm

Oh Leslie, this is great. WE WILL ROCK THE KASBAH!!!!

10. Melanie Royals commented
    June 25th, 2010 at 2:30pm

Oh, how wonderful to see my Rateau-inspired art deco mural on your blog-as well as more amazing of PP. I was just there in May again with a third group of Peacock Painters to stencil Maryam’s hospitality tent. We got to be the first group to stay there–and I got to sleep under the gold gazelle!

You and your travelling companions are in for such a treat! Marrakech is the most magical place on earth, IMHO, and Maryam is a sorceress when it comes to entertaining. Travel safe and have a wonderful time!!! I hope to return there soon, inshallah!!

11. leslie commented
    June 25th, 2010 at 2:38pm

TOTALLY!!! Ha that song is so funny!!!
    leslie´s last blog post ..Color Me Pretty Time

12. kay commented
    June 25th, 2010 at 2:41pm

these photos are breathtaking…….
    kay´s last blog post ..My Two Cents

13. Lauren commented
    June 25th, 2010 at 2:44pm

What an incredible trip! That bathroom alone is worth the $$$!!
    Lauren´s last blog post ..Friday Flowers (10)

14. Orit commented
    June 25th, 2010 at 2:56pm

WOW !!! So exciting !!! Wish i could join… Have so much fun!

15. amy commented
    June 25th, 2010 at 3:02pm

oh to be able to go on this trip! having read your descriptions of it before, it sounded amazing – but now – seeing these photos, i am blown away. what a stunning adventure this will be for everyone who can attend!
    amy´s last blog post ..Tiny Victorian Cottage

16. Lisa commented
    June 25th, 2010 at 4:27pm

I was one of Melanie’s third set of Peacock Painters. We had a blast in Morocco. The Peacock Pavilion lives up to its photos. You need to go on this trip to check out the entertainment tent we stenciled. The henna party was great, Marrakesh is loads of fun – the food, the spa, the atmosphere, the entertainment, the shopping – you must know how to bargain when shopping. If I didn’t already have a different trip planned in October I would love to go back.

17. Punctuation Mark commented
    June 25th, 2010 at 5:32pm

I’ve always wanted to go there and your images are definitely very enticing… have fun!
    Punctuation Mark´s last blog post ..Hot Miami Friday

18. Pixie commented
    June 25th, 2010 at 6:46pm

Wow! That is freakin’ awesome. Sounds like fun, I wish I had the time to go.
    Pixie´s last blog post ..The Flea, Anthro and Oddly Facsinating Facial Hair

19. Tara Hogan commented
    June 25th, 2010 at 8:26pm

Holly, this is amazing. So happy for you!

20. Mariah @LadyLUX commented
    June 25th, 2010 at 8:45pm

I love this Moroccan style! So beautiful and exotic!

21. Sandra commented
    June 25th, 2010 at 9:31pm

Hi Holly,
    Are all the spaces filled already?

22. Kayla @ Exquisite Banana commented
    June 25th, 2010 at 10:26pm

Hi Holly! Just wanted to tell you that I wish SO BADLY that I could attend this. I actually wrote a blog post about it being my dream “professional vacation” the other day when I first saw your tweet about it. Many many warm congratulations to you!

23. claudia bravo! commented
    June 26th, 2010 at 6:57am

i love this sweet flower shaped sink. it reminds me of a small bowl form kelly’s high street market etsy shop. thanks for sharing! xo c. bravo!
    claudia bravo!´s last blog post ..kitchen seating

24. The Design Dish commented
    June 26th, 2010 at 10:32am

that is amazing! I just adore Morocco!
    The Design Dish
    The Design Dish´s last blog post ..Yes You Can-

25. Heidi commented
    June 26th, 2010 at 4:07pm

What an amazing opportunity this will be! I studied abroad in 2001 and one of our stops was Morocco where I spent a few days in Marrakesh. One of my most memorable moments is when a man tried to sell a group of us college girls a big, massive rug and we were all like how do we get out of this ordeal?!
    Heidi´s last blog post ..Cheers to the Weekend-

26. Vicki commented
    June 26th, 2010 at 9:21pm

Fabulous!!! I so…want to go.

27. Emma commented
    June 26th, 2010 at 9:35pm

I love the idea behind these art and culture trips. I checked out some of the other ACE camps and they all look fascinating. What an experience! Marrakech is an amazing city and to see it with an insider is priceless. Wish I could join in.
    Emma´s last blog post ..hoot- hoot a giveaway-

28. Brooke H commented
    June 26th, 2010 at 11:56pm

I so wish I could join you, Miriam, and Leslie, all my favorite bloggers! It’s going to be amazing.
    Brooke H´s last blog post ..New Cards -amp Bookmarks

29. Gina commented
    June 27th, 2010 at 7:24am

My husband and I will be at the Peacock Pavilions last week in September. Thanks for the photographs…. Can’t wait.

30. Shannon Fricke commented
    June 28th, 2010 at 12:15am

Holly, I’d love to come! What an extraordinary trip.
    sx

31. lady a. commented
    June 28th, 2010 at 5:46am

This little table on the first picture is beautiful, looks like a tiny Alhambra. And I love the wallpaper.

32. Sue commented
    June 28th, 2010 at 7:18am

Love to Golden Yellow bathroom – such a gorgeous colour!
    Sue´s last blog post ..Stuff We Love

33. Claire commented
    June 28th, 2010 at 10:08am

i love this! all moroccan inspired designs are beautiful, i love the side table in the bedroom.
    Claire´s last blog post ..Alite Monarch Chair

34. Victoria Bellow commented
    June 29th, 2010 at 4:49am

Bedroom is definitely Awesome!!I adore the idea behind these art and culture trips. I am totally loving the wall as well, just fabulous! Great Blog!thanks. inspiring

35. kate (pm) commented
    June 29th, 2010 at 9:16pm

this is so amazing!!! hooray for you! the only reason i won’t be there is b/c my schedule is booked (and paid) through through the next 6 months. boo for me! i’m sure this will be a smashing success. then it will have to be offered again.
    looking forward see photos and reading all about it – even though i’ll still be sad i’m not there.

36. Renate commented
    July 2nd, 2010 at 11:18am

Oh, this sounds so, so wonderful. But it’s just ever so slightly *cough* more than I can afford. :-(
    Hope you’ll still be organizing these trips when I’m rich! ;-)

37. ali commented
    July 18th, 2010 at 10:20pm

hey im ali and im from Marrakech :) and i LOVE my city sooo MUCH <3
    if anyone needing a free translator or just someone to hang out with when you'll be in Marrakech , im available for free lol

have a great Trip :) Much love

38. Tracey commented
    July 23rd, 2010 at 5:50pm

Wow! What a great opportunity! I wish I can attend but a bit too far from Hells Kitchen in NYC!

39. Olivia Vianna commented
    August 16th, 2010 at 4:58pm

Hi,
    I loved the black and white cusion. I have a cusion store in Brazil, the site: http://www.kissen.com.br

Hope you enjoy!!
    Olivia
    Olivia Vianna´s last blog post ..Exotic Homes

40. giovanna commented
    August 28th, 2010 at 9:15am

OHHH they are lucky.
    Morroco is near to Spain. Come to Spain too. To Madrid. Justo te meet your readers here ;)
    giovanna´s last blog post ..El vecinito de la mirada sospechosa

41. Joanna @ Finding Shibusa commented
    March 16th, 2011 at 6:51pm

Simply exquisite! I love every detail… the black and gold is spectacular!
    Joanna @ Finding Shibusa´s last blog post ..kitchen cabana

42. julie commented
    June 26th, 2011 at 1:25pm

Wow, now that’s a bathroom. I love it! Fantastic. Can I come too?