White Space

I wrote to lovely Sophia from the So Binique blog because I spotted her very white living room there and thought it would be nice to share corners of it on decor8 for some inspiration! I like to begin a new weekend feeling positive and motivated and nothing quite does it like seeing a beautiful home, eating a good meal, having social time with friends, a nature walk… and since we are sharing this virtual space together and I cannot cook for you — then I have chosen to show a beautiful room with lots of white to clear your mind and give you a fresh slate to work from for the weekend! :) Trust me, you are better off — my cooking skills leave much to be desired. :)

See any lovely ideas that you can use at home? Thank you Sophia for sharing your living room details with us today. :)

(images: So Binique)

Posted by decor8 in Home Tours on August 06, 2010

1. Kathi commented
    August 6th, 2010 at 10:06pm

this makes my heart sing- and does truly inspire me! thanks Holly

2. Traveling Mama commented
    August 6th, 2010 at 10:18pm

It is so beautiful and serene! I just love it! It is so exciting thinking about your book coming along. I absolutely cannot WAIT for it to be published! You have been so sweet to let us all live vicariously through you. It feels a bit like it is ours too! I hope you have a wonderful and relaxing weekend.
    Traveling Mama´s last blog post ..that magnificent moment

3. Beth Perry commented
    August 6th, 2010 at 10:30pm

so inspiring!

4. Daniella commented
    August 6th, 2010 at 10:50pm

This is so, SO beautiful… wow!

5. Gina commented
    August 6th, 2010 at 11:13pm

beautiful room, i would never be able to keep it clean. the ruffley pillow is gorgeous
    Gina´s last blog post ..a note on moods and spending

6. A Plum By Any Other Name commented
    August 6th, 2010 at 11:16pm

These pictures make me want to redo my entire apartment in white. Knowing myself, this would be utter disaster. Let’s hope the feeling is fleeting!
    A Plum By Any Other Name´s last blog post ..Keep Calm and Carry Rum

7. Kelly commented
    August 6th, 2010 at 11:46pm

Oh wow. I wish I could pull this off, but the LO and DH are just too darn messy!
    Kelly´s last blog post ..100 Twitter fans Giveaway

8. Kimber commented
    August 7th, 2010 at 12:07am

Can you share the paint color on the wall where the shirt dress is hanging? It seems to pair perfect with white!

9. fat mum slim commented
    August 7th, 2010 at 12:29am

Oh, I LOVE this! I WANT this! I NEED this. :P

I just know Hubby won’t be sold on the white floors, but I sure am going to work on it! x
    fat mum slim´s last blog post ..Legs Under The Table

10. Jacilyn commented
    August 7th, 2010 at 12:30am

I like that this room has such a washed out look to it but in a very beautiful way. You have to really stop and notice all the details since they don’t pop out at you at once because of the use of white on white scheme. I also really like all the touches of nature from the butterfly on the wall to the dried flower set in a vase on the floor.

Have a relaxing weekend. I signed up for your class! Yay! Cannot wait.
    Jacilyn´s last blog post ..class lessons

11. Linz commented
    August 7th, 2010 at 1:00am

wow, the white is very unrelenting yet calm and peaceful.

12. Christine commented
    August 7th, 2010 at 1:59am

oh, wow! I just want to curl up in this place and take a nap! It’s beautiful

Happy Weekend!
    Christine´s last blog post ..inspired by- more christmas in summer!!

13. Blue Penguin commented
    August 7th, 2010 at 3:02am

This is so beautifully light and ethereal; I just love it, especially the sea green glass vase. But if I lived there, it would end up swamped with black shoes and dresses before I knew it!

14. Holly of So Chic Decor commented
    August 7th, 2010 at 4:38am

Very lovely!!
    Holly of So Chic Decor´s last blog post ..Friday Photography – Ivy Style

15. hazel & hunter commented
    August 7th, 2010 at 4:40am

so fresh and calming – gorgeous!
    hazel & hunter´s last blog post ..sneak peek

16. Rene commented
    August 7th, 2010 at 6:29am

just beautiful and very peaceful!

Rene@getcampie

17. A CASA DA VÁ commented
    August 7th, 2010 at 6:42am

what a lovely home, i love all the subtle colors, the textures… so shabby chic and romantic!
    A CASA DA VÁ´s last blog post ..If ever in Beverly Hills

18. Sandra Kuwartowski commented
    August 7th, 2010 at 11:29am

these rooms are so bright. I like the way she plays with textures: the tried flowers-the quilling of the cushions which looks like an arrangment of fabric flowers-the relief of the word Photo-instead of real photos-all this whiteness brings out these different textures very well…one can spend a lot of time looking and discovering.

19. SONIA commented
    August 7th, 2010 at 11:30am

Wonderful pics, very poetic. Thanks for sharing :)

20. Nicola commented
    August 7th, 2010 at 1:26pm

This is so beautiful, very calming. Does anyone know where I might get a lamp like the beautiful white one she has in her livingroom? Thanks xx

21. liz commented
    August 7th, 2010 at 5:30pm

I love everything but the dress on wall. Somehow it looks out of place, sort of an afterthought. In the bedroom maybe but certainly not the living room.

22. Casa e Cose commented
    August 7th, 2010 at 7:32pm

i saw on one of the comments that you are writing a book?! That is great! Let us all know when its out!
    What a wonderfull livingroom that of Sofia’s…love the grey on the wall and the white wooden floors.
    dreaming on…
    Casa e Cose´s last blog post ..talking about EDUN

23. hena tayeb commented
    August 7th, 2010 at 8:48pm

i’m a big fan of white spaces.. but i couldn’t imagine the headache it would be to keep it all looking clean.
    hena tayeb´s last blog post ..Where do the days go

24. handmadeflowers commented
    August 7th, 2010 at 8:53pm

I could really use a space like this right now. Calming, yet inspiring. Lovely!
    handmadeflowers´s last blog post ..Chiffon Flower Hair pin accessories with a crystals and beads

25. Eli commented
    August 7th, 2010 at 9:28pm

I love white

26. happy mrs c commented
    August 8th, 2010 at 5:31am

I just discovered your amazing blog. It is like taking a walk through “lovelyland”. The subtle color pallet is so relaxing, white is so soothing and serene. I am now a follower and look forward to many more lovely posts.

27. leni commented
    August 8th, 2010 at 6:09am

white spaces are my favorite. i sincerely hope that when i have a house i have at least a few white rooms.

28. fromtheheart commented
    August 8th, 2010 at 8:01am

I love white rooms and tried to make one once but I have a big black dog with lots of fur.
    fromtheheart´s last blog post ..Cute Thrift Store Find

29. Katie | RunawayOctober commented
    August 8th, 2010 at 8:20am

I think this is gorgeous but feels very staged, which I’m sure it was in a way for the photos. But if I walked in my first thoughts would be where do I hide my not-white purse and why is there a shirt hanging on the wall in the living room and one shoe in the hutch?
    Katie | RunawayOctober´s last blog post ..Before and After- Craft Room

30. nattie commented
    August 8th, 2010 at 9:45am

LOVE THE WHITE!!

31. michelle chafin commented
    August 8th, 2010 at 2:37pm

love white…beautiful pictures to show off white
    michelle chafin´s last blog post ..Toodyay

32. Penny Patten commented
    August 8th, 2010 at 5:58pm

Simply Lovely! Thank You for sharing.
    Penny Patten´s last blog post ..My Trip to Alaska

33. Lilja commented
    August 8th, 2010 at 10:37pm

Oh, pureness! You have such a clever eye to discover beauty!

34. Redlilocks {Swoon Worthy} commented
    August 8th, 2010 at 11:15pm

Beautiful and serene but would only be practical in a dream for me (and dreamy it certainly is)… Not sure about the top on the wall (my OH would think I lost it for real if I suggested that for my own home) but lots of other things that are truly lovely.
    Redlilocks {Swoon Worthy}´s last blog post ..Easy Kitchen Update- New Old Plant Pots

35. Imke commented
    August 8th, 2010 at 11:52pm

LOOOOOOVE IT! Thanks. So inspiring!

36. Staci Edwards Design commented
    August 9th, 2010 at 12:32am

Thank you Sophia indeed! What a lovely space!
    Staci Edwards Design´s last blog post ..Happy Weekend!

37. Glenda commented
    August 9th, 2010 at 6:21am

Hey ~ I will cook for you, if you will decorate for me. :)

Fondly,
    Glenda
    Glenda´s last blog post .. A PERFECT DAY

38. Kate @ Songs Kate Sang commented
    August 9th, 2010 at 6:53am

Her textures are absolutely amazing!

39. Jane commented
    August 9th, 2010 at 12:56pm

I love this! And am dying to know where the floor lamp comes from… I never thought I could like these oversized desk lamps.

40. lady a. commented
    August 9th, 2010 at 2:06pm

A lot of effort put into the design, but some splashes of colour, apart of pastels, would be nice.

41. jenn commented
    August 9th, 2010 at 4:21pm

oh……my……..goodness! this is easily one of the more amazing interiors i’ve seen to date!
    jenn´s last blog post ..bloomers!!!

42. PriscilaPetersDecor commented
    August 9th, 2010 at 7:26pm

I love the decor, I love everything about it!!
    PriscilaPetersDecor´s last blog post ..Rustic kitchen

43. Cheryl commented
    August 10th, 2010 at 1:16am

Oh. My. Goodness. I love this!! I was raised in a house w/ a mother that did almost everything in white (and would LABOR over what shade of white to paint something), so when I “grew up” I went nuts for color in every house I’ve ever rented or owned.

But this… this is white that I could do. Live with. Love in. Wow! Just wow!
    Cheryl´s last blog post ..Summer Sunshine and Sprinklers

44. das. commented
    August 10th, 2010 at 6:09am

Wow..it’s such a comfy home..but it’s hard to make such a white living space and maintain it. My white wall has so many stretches on it now..haha
    das.´s last blog post ..Postbox in China – thedas@etsy

45. Cate commented
    August 10th, 2010 at 7:40am

Beautiful, but it’s really difficult appreciating the beauty of a space when the photos are so washed out and overexposed. Sometimes good old fashioned photos with full color do the most justice to a space.

46. decor8 commented
    August 10th, 2010 at 10:19am

Cate – I think that is just her photographic style but I agree, I’d love to see them a bit more natural as well because so much detail is lost. I think she is trying to give the illusion of living in a dream, a heavenly apartment – and that she definitely does!

47. Joanne commented
    August 10th, 2010 at 1:11pm

Wow, very inspiring. White interiors look so fresh and pure. Love it.
    Joanne´s last blog post ..My Garden

48. vanessa@cardstyle commented
    August 10th, 2010 at 7:33pm

Despite the fact that it’s mostly white, she has someone managed to give it a warm feeling! Absolutely gorgeous home
    vanessa@cardstyle´s last blog post ..Ice Cream Inspiration

49. Whitney commented
    September 8th, 2010 at 5:08am

white, my favorite color to live in. great job!

50. Guisela commented
    April 28th, 2011 at 4:13pm

Love those white spaces!! Neutral and so relaxing! :) Thanks for sharing!
    Guisela´s last blog post ..JEU-DI IS FOR ETSY- Relax

51. Ella commented
    December 9th, 2011 at 7:28pm

Amazing, love everything about these spaces. I made a post about white interiors and referred to one of these lovely photographs.

52. Sheetal commented
    July 9th, 2012 at 11:17pm

Hi there,

I love this room! My next project is our guest room and I’m really thinking all whites. Even with close to no colour in the room, you’ve managed to create a warm space.