Home Tours

August 6, 2010

I wrote to lovely Sophia from the So Binique blog because I spotted her very white living room there and thought it would be nice to share corners of it on decor8 for some inspiration! I like to begin a new weekend feeling positive and motivated and nothing quite does it like seeing a beautiful home, eating a good meal, having social time with friends, a nature walk… and since we are sharing this virtual space together and I cannot cook for you — then I have chosen to show a beautiful room with lots of white to clear your mind and give you a fresh slate to work from for the weekend! :) Trust me, you are better off — my cooking skills leave much to be desired. :)

White Space

See any lovely ideas that you can use at home? Thank you Sophia for sharing your living room details with us today. :)

(images: So Binique)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Kathi August 6, 2010 at 10:06 pm

this makes my heart sing- and does truly inspire me! thanks Holly

• Reply Traveling Mama August 6, 2010 at 10:18 pm

It is so beautiful and serene! I just love it! It is so exciting thinking about your book coming along. I absolutely cannot WAIT for it to be published! You have been so sweet to let us all live vicariously through you. It feels a bit like it is ours too! I hope you have a wonderful and relaxing weekend.

• Reply Beth Perry August 6, 2010 at 10:30 pm

so inspiring!

• Reply Daniella August 6, 2010 at 10:50 pm

This is so, SO beautiful… wow!

• Reply Gina August 6, 2010 at 11:13 pm

beautiful room, i would never be able to keep it clean. the ruffley pillow is gorgeous

• Reply A Plum By Any Other Name August 6, 2010 at 11:16 pm

These pictures make me want to redo my entire apartment in white. Knowing myself, this would be utter disaster. Let’s hope the feeling is fleeting!

• Reply Kelly August 6, 2010 at 11:46 pm

Oh wow. I wish I could pull this off, but the LO and DH are just too darn messy!

• Reply Kimber August 7, 2010 at 12:07 am

Can you share the paint color on the wall where the shirt dress is hanging? It seems to pair perfect with white!

• Reply fat mum slim August 7, 2010 at 12:29 am

Oh, I LOVE this! I WANT this! I NEED this. :P

I just know Hubby won’t be sold on the white floors, but I sure am going to work on it! x

• Reply Jacilyn August 7, 2010 at 12:30 am

I like that this room has such a washed out look to it but in a very beautiful way. You have to really stop and notice all the details since they don’t pop out at you at once because of the use of white on white scheme. I also really like all the touches of nature from the butterfly on the wall to the dried flower set in a vase on the floor.

Have a relaxing weekend. I signed up for your class! Yay! Cannot wait.

• Reply Linz August 7, 2010 at 1:00 am

wow, the white is very unrelenting yet calm and peaceful.

• Reply Christine August 7, 2010 at 1:59 am

oh, wow! I just want to curl up in this place and take a nap! It’s beautiful

Happy Weekend!

• Reply Blue Penguin August 7, 2010 at 3:02 am

This is so beautifully light and ethereal; I just love it, especially the sea green glass vase. But if I lived there, it would end up swamped with black shoes and dresses before I knew it!

• Reply Holly of So Chic Decor August 7, 2010 at 4:38 am

Very lovely!!

• Reply hazel & hunter August 7, 2010 at 4:40 am

so fresh and calming – gorgeous!

• Reply Rene August 7, 2010 at 6:29 am

just beautiful and very peaceful!

• Reply A CASA DA VÁ August 7, 2010 at 6:42 am

what a lovely home, i love all the subtle colors, the textures… so shabby chic and romantic!

• Reply Sandra Kuwartowski August 7, 2010 at 11:29 am

these rooms are so bright. I like the way she plays with textures: the tried flowers-the quilling of the cushions which looks like an arrangment of fabric flowers-the relief of the word Photo-instead of real photos-all this whiteness brings out these different textures very well…one can spend a lot of time looking and discovering.

• Reply SONIA August 7, 2010 at 11:30 am

Wonderful pics, very poetic. Thanks for sharing :)

• Reply Nicola August 7, 2010 at 1:26 pm

This is so beautiful, very calming. Does anyone know where I might get a lamp like the beautiful white one she has in her livingroom? Thanks xx

• Reply liz August 7, 2010 at 5:30 pm

I love everything but the dress on wall. Somehow it looks out of place, sort of an afterthought. In the bedroom maybe but certainly not the living room.

• Reply Casa e Cose August 7, 2010 at 7:32 pm

i saw on one of the comments that you are writing a book?! That is great! Let us all know when its out!
    What a wonderfull livingroom that of Sofia’s…love the grey on the wall and the white wooden floors.
    dreaming on…

• Reply hena tayeb August 7, 2010 at 8:48 pm

i’m a big fan of white spaces.. but i couldn’t imagine the headache it would be to keep it all looking clean.

• Reply handmadeflowers August 7, 2010 at 8:53 pm

I could really use a space like this right now. Calming, yet inspiring. Lovely!

• Reply Eli August 7, 2010 at 9:28 pm

I love white

• Reply happy mrs c August 8, 2010 at 5:31 am

I just discovered your amazing blog. It is like taking a walk through “lovelyland”. The subtle color pallet is so relaxing, white is so soothing and serene. I am now a follower and look forward to many more lovely posts.

• Reply leni August 8, 2010 at 6:09 am

white spaces are my favorite. i sincerely hope that when i have a house i have at least a few white rooms.

• Reply fromtheheart August 8, 2010 at 8:01 am

I love white rooms and tried to make one once but I have a big black dog with lots of fur.

• Reply Katie | RunawayOctober August 8, 2010 at 8:20 am

I think this is gorgeous but feels very staged, which I’m sure it was in a way for the photos. But if I walked in my first thoughts would be where do I hide my not-white purse and why is there a shirt hanging on the wall in the living room and one shoe in the hutch?

• Reply nattie August 8, 2010 at 9:45 am

• Reply michelle chafin August 8, 2010 at 2:37 pm

love white…beautiful pictures to show off white

• Reply Penny Patten August 8, 2010 at 5:58 pm

Simply Lovely! Thank You for sharing.

• Reply Lilja August 8, 2010 at 10:37 pm

Oh, pureness! You have such a clever eye to discover beauty!

• Reply Redlilocks {Swoon Worthy} August 8, 2010 at 11:15 pm

Beautiful and serene but would only be practical in a dream for me (and dreamy it certainly is)… Not sure about the top on the wall (my OH would think I lost it for real if I suggested that for my own home) but lots of other things that are truly lovely.

• Reply Imke August 8, 2010 at 11:52 pm

LOOOOOOVE IT! Thanks. So inspiring!

• Reply Staci Edwards Design August 9, 2010 at 12:32 am

Thank you Sophia indeed! What a lovely space!

• Reply Glenda August 9, 2010 at 6:21 am

Hey ~ I will cook for you, if you will decorate for me. :)

• Reply Kate @ Songs Kate Sang August 9, 2010 at 6:53 am

Her textures are absolutely amazing!

• Reply Jane August 9, 2010 at 12:56 pm

I love this! And am dying to know where the floor lamp comes from… I never thought I could like these oversized desk lamps.

• Reply lady a. August 9, 2010 at 2:06 pm

A lot of effort put into the design, but some splashes of colour, apart of pastels, would be nice.

• Reply jenn August 9, 2010 at 4:21 pm

oh……my……..goodness! this is easily one of the more amazing interiors i’ve seen to date!

• Reply PriscilaPetersDecor August 9, 2010 at 7:26 pm

I love the decor, I love everything about it!!

• Reply Cheryl August 10, 2010 at 1:16 am

Oh. My. Goodness. I love this!! I was raised in a house w/ a mother that did almost everything in white (and would LABOR over what shade of white to paint something), so when I “grew up” I went nuts for color in every house I’ve ever rented or owned.

But this… this is white that I could do. Live with. Love in. Wow! Just wow!

• Reply das. August 10, 2010 at 6:09 am

Wow..it’s such a comfy home..but it’s hard to make such a white living space and maintain it. My white wall has so many stretches on it now..haha

• Reply Cate August 10, 2010 at 7:40 am

Beautiful, but it’s really difficult appreciating the beauty of a space when the photos are so washed out and overexposed. Sometimes good old fashioned photos with full color do the most justice to a space.

• Reply decor8 August 10, 2010 at 10:19 am

Cate – I think that is just her photographic style but I agree, I’d love to see them a bit more natural as well because so much detail is lost. I think she is trying to give the illusion of living in a dream, a heavenly apartment – and that she definitely does!

• Reply Joanne August 10, 2010 at 1:11 pm

Wow, very inspiring. White interiors look so fresh and pure. Love it.

• Reply vanessa@cardstyle August 10, 2010 at 7:33 pm

Despite the fact that it’s mostly white, she has someone managed to give it a warm feeling! Absolutely gorgeous home

• Reply Whitney September 8, 2010 at 5:08 am

white, my favorite color to live in. great job!

• Reply Guisela April 28, 2011 at 4:13 pm

Love those white spaces!! Neutral and so relaxing! :) Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Ella December 9, 2011 at 7:28 pm

Amazing, love everything about these spaces. I made a post about white interiors and referred to one of these lovely photographs.

• Reply Sheetal July 9, 2012 at 11:17 pm

Hi there,

I love this room! My next project is our guest room and I’m really thinking all whites. Even with close to no colour in the room, you’ve managed to create a warm space.