Mimou + Amelie Hegardt

Would you love to see some beautiful new products today from Sweden? Why, of course you would! The very kind Helena from Room and Serve wrote in to tell me about the new collection from Mimou. You can find bed linens, wallpaper, hand-crafted furniture and hand printed pillows.

Mimou

Mimou worked with Swedish illustrator Amelie Hegardt who is known for her bleeding ink silhouettes and watercolors as well as her delicate, timeless and evocative style. Her work has been translated into beautiful things for the home while also reflecting the classic Mimou style that the brand is known for.

Mimou

I love the bright colors against the white background and how fresh and illustrative these prints are — the sketchy watercolors are really in right now and look great! The black and white combos look striking and very inviting and warm. The grays and browns are sensual and relaxing. What a stylish and very forward collection!

(images: mimou)

Posted by decor8 in shopping on August 11, 2010

1. Will commented
    August 11th, 2010 at 5:33pm

Stop it already! So, up until two-thirds of the way down my favourites were all the blues: the fresh blooms, the lampshades, the vases. Then, bang! that gorgeous orange anglepoise pops up. I love a good hit of orange and this lamp is perfecto.
    Will´s last blog post ..Home Tour- Colour Confident

2. ruth commented
    August 11th, 2010 at 6:15pm

what absolutely fabulous wallpaper!!
    ruth´s last blog post ..Whip Up Mini Quilts

3. Eliza commented
    August 11th, 2010 at 6:18pm

it’s so fascinating to see wallpaper using artwork in repeating patterns like this….like the wall paper becomes an art itself! love that!
    Eliza´s last blog post ..ArtnAsana

4. Milk and Honey Home commented
    August 11th, 2010 at 6:36pm

Okay…so in love. Is there any retailer in the states? These are wallpapers I would definitely order in the future.
    Milk and Honey Home´s last blog post ..More of Ryan Korban from Lonny

5. Holly of So Chic Decor commented
    August 11th, 2010 at 6:46pm

I love all the pillows, especially the ones with the quotes!
    Holly of So Chic Decor´s last blog post ..Wordless Wednesday – Friendship

6. Divas and Dreams . Christina commented
    August 11th, 2010 at 6:51pm

Oh wow, I have never seen so many lovely wallpapers before…gosh this is fantastic inspiration!!!

I´m thinking about joining your bloggong course, it sounds really great :-)

Have a great day!

Christina

7. Cheryl commented
    August 11th, 2010 at 6:52pm

I LOVE all those photos!
    Oh so lovely!

8. LiveLikeYou commented
    August 11th, 2010 at 6:53pm

Just came back from Sweden after visiting my parents. I was, as always, amazed at all the great new and innovative design ideas. Wish I could import it all!!
    LiveLikeYou´s last blog post ..10 things I LOVE about my bedroom

9. Jacilyn commented
    August 11th, 2010 at 7:02pm

Everything is so beautiful. My favorite has to be the butterfly print though.
    Jacilyn´s last blog post ..happy

10. Lissa @ After Adornment commented
    August 11th, 2010 at 7:05pm

So pretty….I love all the wallpapers!
    Lissa @ After Adornment´s last blog post ..Some Thoughts and a Designer Project- Jessica Helgerson

11. Mary commented
    August 11th, 2010 at 7:42pm

I love anything from Sweden. My son lives there and he is always sending me pictures of new furniture that he buys. The SWEDS are so talented.

12. Harmoni og Kontrast commented
    August 11th, 2010 at 8:36pm

Love it, wonderful inspirations! New and old, contrasts and harmony…;-)
    Harmoni og Kontrast´s last blog post ..Sykkeltur til Fetsund Lenser

13. Katie*Belle commented
    August 11th, 2010 at 8:36pm

Ooh, I am loving all these saturated colors. Just lovely!
    Katie*Belle´s last blog post ..Home Sweet Home

14. Traveling Mama commented
    August 11th, 2010 at 9:16pm

I am freaking out over those last two photos! I love that turquoise cabinet and the industrial feel of the table. That is exactly what I have imagined in my mind, but didn’t have an image to go with it. Definitely going in my new house inspiration folder! Thanks so much!
    Traveling Mama´s last blog post ..coat of arms

15. PriscilaPetersDecor commented
    August 11th, 2010 at 10:55pm

What a mix of colors and textures… beautiful decor!! It’s just perfect.
    PriscilaPetersDecor´s last blog post ..Perfect imperfections

16. Sandra Kuwartowski commented
    August 11th, 2010 at 11:05pm

I love the watercolour wallpaper and the vase with half dried flowers. Beautiful set of watercolour flowers on cushions combined with the graphic pattern of the duvet.

17. Penny Patten commented
    August 12th, 2010 at 2:28am

Love the flowered wallpaper, and the black and white! The pillows are darling! Thank You for sharing.

18. Kate @ Songs Kate Sang commented
    August 12th, 2010 at 6:15am

I’m in love with every vase in this post!
    Kate @ Songs Kate Sang´s last blog post ..Clares Day

19. Helena [room and serve] commented
    August 12th, 2010 at 1:51pm

Oh great that you liked it :)
    Helena [room and serve]´s last blog post ..Mimous katalog lanserad för 2011

20. MC commented
    August 12th, 2010 at 10:25pm

you are the best blogger ever! thanks for these photos and finding new ways to inspire me every day!