Shopping + Products

August 11, 2010

Would you love to see some beautiful new products today from Sweden? Why, of course you would! The very kind Helena from Room and Serve wrote in to tell me about the new collection from Mimou. You can find bed linens, wallpaper, hand-crafted furniture and hand printed pillows.

Mimou + Amelie Hegardt

Mimou worked with Swedish illustrator Amelie Hegardt who is known for her bleeding ink silhouettes and watercolors as well as her delicate, timeless and evocative style. Her work has been translated into beautiful things for the home while also reflecting the classic Mimou style that the brand is known for.

Mimou + Amelie Hegardt

I love the bright colors against the white background and how fresh and illustrative these prints are — the sketchy watercolors are really in right now and look great! The black and white combos look striking and very inviting and warm. The grays and browns are sensual and relaxing. What a stylish and very forward collection!

(images: mimou)

You Might Also Like

20 Comments

• Reply Will August 11, 2010 at 5:33 pm

Stop it already! So, up until two-thirds of the way down my favourites were all the blues: the fresh blooms, the lampshades, the vases. Then, bang! that gorgeous orange anglepoise pops up. I love a good hit of orange and this lamp is perfecto.

• Reply ruth August 11, 2010 at 6:15 pm

what absolutely fabulous wallpaper!!

• Reply Eliza August 11, 2010 at 6:18 pm

it’s so fascinating to see wallpaper using artwork in repeating patterns like this….like the wall paper becomes an art itself! love that!

• Reply Milk and Honey Home August 11, 2010 at 6:36 pm

Okay…so in love. Is there any retailer in the states? These are wallpapers I would definitely order in the future.

• Reply Holly of So Chic Decor August 11, 2010 at 6:46 pm

I love all the pillows, especially the ones with the quotes!

• Reply Divas and Dreams . Christina August 11, 2010 at 6:51 pm

Oh wow, I have never seen so many lovely wallpapers before…gosh this is fantastic inspiration!!!

I´m thinking about joining your bloggong course, it sounds really great :-)

Have a great day!

Christina

• Reply Cheryl August 11, 2010 at 6:52 pm

I LOVE all those photos!
    Oh so lovely!

• Reply LiveLikeYou August 11, 2010 at 6:53 pm

Just came back from Sweden after visiting my parents. I was, as always, amazed at all the great new and innovative design ideas. Wish I could import it all!!

• Reply Jacilyn August 11, 2010 at 7:02 pm

Everything is so beautiful. My favorite has to be the butterfly print though.

• Reply Lissa @ After Adornment August 11, 2010 at 7:05 pm

So pretty….I love all the wallpapers!

• Reply Mary August 11, 2010 at 7:42 pm

I love anything from Sweden. My son lives there and he is always sending me pictures of new furniture that he buys. The SWEDS are so talented.

• Reply Harmoni og Kontrast August 11, 2010 at 8:36 pm

Love it, wonderful inspirations! New and old, contrasts and harmony…;-)

• Reply Katie*Belle August 11, 2010 at 8:36 pm

Ooh, I am loving all these saturated colors. Just lovely!

• Reply Traveling Mama August 11, 2010 at 9:16 pm

I am freaking out over those last two photos! I love that turquoise cabinet and the industrial feel of the table. That is exactly what I have imagined in my mind, but didn’t have an image to go with it. Definitely going in my new house inspiration folder! Thanks so much!

• Reply PriscilaPetersDecor August 11, 2010 at 10:55 pm

What a mix of colors and textures… beautiful decor!! It’s just perfect.

• Reply Sandra Kuwartowski August 11, 2010 at 11:05 pm

I love the watercolour wallpaper and the vase with half dried flowers. Beautiful set of watercolour flowers on cushions combined with the graphic pattern of the duvet.

• Reply Penny Patten August 12, 2010 at 2:28 am

Love the flowered wallpaper, and the black and white! The pillows are darling! Thank You for sharing.

• Reply Kate @ Songs Kate Sang August 12, 2010 at 6:15 am

I’m in love with every vase in this post!

• Reply Helena [room and serve] August 12, 2010 at 1:51 pm

Oh great that you liked it :)

• Reply MC August 12, 2010 at 10:25 pm

you are the best blogger ever! thanks for these photos and finding new ways to inspire me every day!