NEW! Pattern Book by Orla Kiely

I was thrilled when I opened a box today to find the new Pattern book by Orla Kiely inside. It’s big, beautiful, loaded with color and right up my alley!

New Pattern Book by Orla Kiely

It’s a beautiful (huge!) book and quite lovely for Orla fans because it contains her life story, inspirations, full pages of her colorful illustrations, home products, collections, and more. I was really excited (and surprised) to see my blog in the book where Orla wrote a very nice piece about bloggers showing a selection of them that featured her products in the past. I am so honored!

New Pattern Book by Orla Kiely

New Pattern Book by Orla Kiely

New Pattern Book by Orla Kiely

If you love Orla then you have to pick up a copy of this coffee table book — it’s such eye candy and interesting as well, I liked learning about her childhood and educational background, how she got into the industry, what inspires her collections and so many other bits I’d never known before.

New Pattern Book by Orla Kiely

New Pattern Book by Orla Kiely

New Pattern Book by Orla Kiely

In the book, Orla says a few encouraging words about blogs that I’d like to share since I agree with her words, “As a creative forum where images can be gathered, designed and posted, blogs are an endless source of amazement and inspiration to me. Immediate and instantly accessible, they serve as a platform on which anyone and everyone can express their likes and dislikes, share their interests and passions and interact with the world.”

She also mentions that seeing her work on blogs is a compliment and thrill and that she is inspired by blogger’s and what we do.

Her final thought is quite lovely, “It’s a powerful medium where directness and honesty override all else. Genuine and endlessly creative, the blogger’s voice is loud and clear.”

Amen! :)

You can pre-order it on Amazon here if you’d like. I’m an Amazon affiliate and earn 6% on all books sold.
(images: holly becker for decor8)

Posted by decor8 in Books + Magazines on September 21, 2010

1. jodi commented
    September 21st, 2010 at 5:43pm

so fabulous!! i will have to put that on my wish list for sure. =)
    jodi´s last blog post ..20 – play skeeball

2. Elise commented
    September 21st, 2010 at 5:43pm

This is STUNNING!! How exciting and congrats to you, lovely! Thanks for sharing the encouragement to bloggers! Can’t wait to check this out.

3. Christina commented
    September 21st, 2010 at 5:50pm

What a lovely book and congrats for being in it..wow – you go girl :-)

It truly looks like a must have book – I´m off to amazon :-)

Have a beautiful day Holly

Hugs/ Christina
    Christina´s last blog post ..New series- The art of happiness

4. winter commented
    September 21st, 2010 at 6:10pm

There was a wonderful intro in this month Elle Decor on the here to stay of the web in leading design (and fashion). At the same time the Editor-Margaret Russell announced she is leaving to pursue new projects. Hmmm did you hire her for your next book Holly?

5. frauheuberg commented
    September 21st, 2010 at 6:33pm

Uhhhh…this looks so exciting…;)…a must have on my wishlist…birthday can come in two months.Hopefully i could get it also here on the german amazon site…Have a lovley sunny early evening in Hannover, Holly!…always a pleasure to jump over to your inspirational outlet…thanks…cheers and hugs…i…
    frauheuberg´s last blog post ..from denmark back in the everyday life

6. decor8 commented
    September 21st, 2010 at 6:42pm

@Winter – Your question confuses me, can you be a bit more clear?

7. Holly commented
    September 21st, 2010 at 6:52pm

Definitely on my wish list!!!
    Holly´s last blog post ..Color Inspiration – Yellow

8. Jorjette commented
    September 21st, 2010 at 7:16pm

It’s colourful, indeed, which I like a lot. I lose love the idea of homemade things, of creativity – we need to let the imagination to flow.
    Jorjette´s last blog post ..Cum afli practic dacă ai poftă de viaţă

9. Charmaine commented
    September 21st, 2010 at 7:21pm

I must have this book! Oh my! It is stunning!
    Charmaine´s last blog post ..toffee mocha

10. Polly commented
    September 21st, 2010 at 7:37pm

I did an internship with Orla a few weeks ago and it was an amazing experience. Such a lovely company! Will definitely have to buy this book xx
    Polly´s last blog post ..Decorating

11. Monika@stylemadesimple commented
    September 21st, 2010 at 8:46pm

Sounds like a really amazing coffee table book! Thanks for introducing it to me!
    Monika@stylemadesimple´s last blog post ..homesick

12. Dee commented
    September 21st, 2010 at 8:52pm

I’m so excited about this book! There is a place on my coffee table just waiting for a copy..

13. Nuit commented
    September 21st, 2010 at 9:11pm

these patterns are absolutely fabulous, what a great book!
    Nuit´s last blog post ..Living Rooms

14. Sandra Kuwartowski commented
    September 21st, 2010 at 9:38pm

I love the way how Orla juxtapose the pile of cushions and lopsided boxes to the page with the shelf where there is a neatly row of tea caddies with its peach patterns in picture 3 or the close up of flower in combination to the all-over pattern of squared flowers – a must have coffe table book!

15. oisive commented
    September 21st, 2010 at 9:53pm

A great great book !

oisive´s last blog post ..Je liste- tu listes-

16. Minnie commented
    September 21st, 2010 at 11:04pm

Wow, what amazing, inspiring words, and from Orla Kiely no less! This book is definitely going on my must-have list (maybe Christmas?) since I so love books that detail a creative person’s inspirations, artistic biography, etc. I get the Orla Kiely e-newsletter every month and love to drool over all their new stuff, which is harder to find in the United States.
    Minnie´s last blog post ..A simple way to update vintage artwork

17. decor8 commented
    September 21st, 2010 at 11:51pm

@Polly – You did an internship at OK? WOW!!!!! That is so cool!

18. Angela commented
    September 22nd, 2010 at 1:04am

Wow, congratulations!! That book is so gorgeous, I think I might have to have it! :D

19. Kimberly commented
    September 22nd, 2010 at 4:12am

This book looks fantastic. Going to go check it out right now! :)
    Kimberly´s last blog post ..Long day with a Happy Ending!

20. Laura commented
    September 22nd, 2010 at 6:56am

Orla and Liberty posts on the same day?! Lucky me! Love them both

Laura, HappyHomemakerUK.blogspot.com
    Laura´s last blog post ..Lists &amp Doodles

21. Jen @ Bluecaravan commented
    September 22nd, 2010 at 8:27am

A gorgeous book – and here! here! to the creative voice of bloggers…

22. BohèmeCircus commented
    September 22nd, 2010 at 10:03am

I like the editorial angle of this book, this way of bringing to light the progress of the inspiration. And I like the colors of the coverhis grey is very elegant.

23. Charlotte commented
    September 22nd, 2010 at 10:22am

WOW the book looks very interesting. It’s on my wish list for x-mas that’s for sure.

24. Interior Online commented
    September 22nd, 2010 at 11:19am

Wow. This is just lovely. Plenty of ideas and inspiration in there.

Will have to pre-order it as I just can’t wait! :)
    Interior Online´s last blog post ..Luxury Bath Towels- A Simple Bathroom Design Alternative

25. Julia commented
    September 22nd, 2010 at 11:25am

Such a great book! Thank you Holly for this great review. I´m a big Orla Fan !!!! Love the patterns and her collection! So good to hear that she has a heart for bloggers :)
    Julia´s last blog post ..Blogliebling- Le fabuleux destin de …

26. Polly commented
    September 22nd, 2010 at 11:41am

@decor8 – Yes, just for 2 weeks but I learnt a lot. I’m about to start a textile design degree so it was really useful! And everyone was so lovely.
    Polly´s last blog post ..Decorating

27. Afi commented
    September 22nd, 2010 at 3:20pm

Her work is fantastic! Congratulations for being featured! :) It must be a wonderful book.

PS. Love that room/photo that has a vintage TV! All vintage objects are charming :)
    Afi´s last blog post ..September Rock Partridge

28. Monica Lee commented
    September 22nd, 2010 at 4:19pm

OH MY! Thanks for showing us just enough of the book to make me want to buy it!

29. Emily Fitzhugh commented
    September 22nd, 2010 at 4:45pm

Congratulations! Oh my word is that on my wish list now. I love that she mentions bloggers…. thank you for showing us this. I hope to have it on my coffee table soon. xo
    Emily Fitzhugh´s last blog post ..Ana Cuba Photography

30. Mary commented
    September 22nd, 2010 at 8:15pm

This book looks gorgeous! Would love to get this for my birthday in a couple of months…will have to hint to the boyfriend:)
    Mary´s last blog post ..Treasury Time

31. Mandy Ford commented
    September 22nd, 2010 at 10:26pm

Oooh…what a lovely book! And congrats for being included!

Mandy @ This Girl’s Life
    Mandy Ford´s last blog post ..single shot

32. Laura Gaskill commented
    September 22nd, 2010 at 11:02pm

Yum! She is such a genius with color + pattern. I had been pining over Orla’s bags forever & finally splurged and got myself an Orla Kiely diaper bag when my baby was born and I LOVE it to pieces! I wish they carried her book at my local book shop…I’ll have to order a copy; looks like a must-have to me!
    Laura Gaskill´s last blog post ..Home Office Style Pinboard

33. Henway commented
    September 23rd, 2010 at 12:29am

My friend has the exact same book in her coffee table… I forgot the name of it, but kept thinking to myself to ask her. I think I oughta go to B&N and get a copy.
    Henway´s last blog post ..Motivation to lose weight

34. Ana Carini commented
    September 23rd, 2010 at 7:43am

Your blog is my inspiration, thank you for this post, I love her work!

35. Arlene Maslog commented
    September 23rd, 2010 at 2:33pm

I just pre-ordered my copy!

36. Natalie commented
    September 23rd, 2010 at 3:19pm

A lovely book that will not be leaving my bedside table at any time soon!
    Natalie´s last blog post ..Swedish Friendly Monster Style

37. Piper commented
    September 24th, 2010 at 12:33am

I swear I’m going to go broke with all these great new design books & magazines coming out!! Thanks for the sneak peek on this – I love Orla Kiely’s style and I can’t believe how cool this book is with all the patterns and colors!!
    Piper´s last blog post ..does my bag look big in this

38. Sigrid commented
    September 25th, 2010 at 3:50pm

beautifully said orla! i am going to link over to this today, thank you for sharing.
    Sigrid´s last blog post ..time- it passes

39. winter commented
    September 27th, 2010 at 6:20pm

Hi, Just saw the question back to me. I meant my quip, as a compliment to your successes, I had just read that Margaret Russel was leaving Elle Decor, I did not kow why, then I read your blog, saw reference to your next book project and took a random leap, suggesting that you had reached a level of success in which you are stealing away Editors of Mjr US Magazines to work for you. Not too long until that happens I am sure. Havea nice day.