Matthew Mead’s New Magazine

Stylist, photographer, writer, art director — I could go on and on — the talented Matthew Mead wrote to me recently to share some of the pages of his new magazine, Holiday, and I thought I’d show you a glimpse or two to inspire you today. I’m so proud to see Matthew doing a magazine!

Holiday with Matthew Mead

This self-published magazine was born of Matthew’s desire to connect directly with readers and to produce, direct, style and photograph every aspect of his work and create something beautiful to hopefully fill the void on newsstands today. He even writes the recipes! I don’t know about you, but I could use some tea and cookies right about now…

Holiday with Matthew Mead

Holiday with Matthew Mead

Holiday with Matthew Mead

Holiday with Matthew Mead

Holiday with Matthew Mead

Holiday with Matthew Mead

Holiday with Matthew Mead

As you can see, his premiere issue includes a variety of decorating styles, recipes, entertaining and more and I appreciate that he is experimenting with less traditional color palettes — it’s a refreshing change and feels very fresh. His goal is to expand with a quarterly magazine filled with inspiring seasonal lifestyle and decorating ideas — the launch of HOLIDAY will hopefully pave the way!

If you’d like a copy of this magazine, you may purchase it through his site (he ships worldwide) and your copy will arriving during the first week of November.

Congrats, Matthew!

(images: matthew mead)

Posted by decor8 in Books + Magazines on October 08, 2010

1. Ludmila {creamylife.com} commented
    October 8th, 2010 at 5:48pm

I love this magazine, so pretty images! happy weekend, Holly! xo
    Ludmila {creamylife.com}´s last blog post ..Interior designer Mary McDonald

2. holly commented
    October 8th, 2010 at 6:32pm

Loving the turquiose and blues in the dining room. Thanks for sharing

3. ChunkyPineapple commented
    October 8th, 2010 at 7:09pm

Wow. Beautiful photos! Very Impressive.
    ChunkyPineapple´s last blog post ..Friday Wishlist

4. Laura Gaskill commented
    October 8th, 2010 at 10:32pm

Oh yes! I am so into this, I love seeing creative people just go for it and come up with new, unique offerings like this. And judging from these images, it is right up my alley – bring it on! :D
    Laura Gaskill´s last blog post ..Baby Action Sequence…

5. OrangeFarmhouse - Maike commented
    October 9th, 2010 at 12:05am

And there’s my pendant (Ikea lamp) again. Still in love with it!
    OrangeFarmhouse – Maike´s last blog post ..Kalender 2011

6. Wendy commented
    October 9th, 2010 at 12:41am

I can’t wait to receive my issue! I so want the red & white pillow in the background…they are beautiful! That lamp is amazing!
    Wendy´s last blog post ..Holiday with Matthew Mead

7. Lara Harris commented
    October 9th, 2010 at 3:35am

Beyond excited to see the magazine! :))
    Lara Harris´s last blog post ..Coming Very Soon! HOLIDAY with Matthew Mead! &amp Im in the Magazine!!!

8. Jen commented
    October 9th, 2010 at 4:34am

It’s all so beautiful….Unfortunately, I am terribly distracted by some of those delicious-looking cookies…

9. Elaine commented
    October 9th, 2010 at 6:25am

I knew this issue would be a good one, but WOW those photos are gorgeous! I love the non-traditional colors for the holidays.
    Elaine´s last blog post ..French Friday with Dorie- Gérard’s Mustard Tart

10. Karine Ardault commented
    October 9th, 2010 at 11:31am

It looks like a great magazine. Thank you, Holly, for making me discover it. I am going to have a look right now.
    Have a lovely week-end!
    Karine Ardault´s last blog post ..Thanks thanks thanks

11. vosgesparis commented
    October 9th, 2010 at 2:48pm

Linda sent me over here as her chair is in the post/ magazine ;)

Thank you for the link to his site, always great to discover new people and links on the web
    have a good weekend!
    desiree
    vosgesparis´s last blog post ..Raw and simple

12. Béné la Puce commented
    October 10th, 2010 at 5:23pm

J’ai comme une envie de biscuits, j’en oublierai presque les photos si belles et le reste, merci pour ce post et les autres…Je m’en vais vers ce lien..
    Béné la Puce´s last blog post ..Tableau naif petite fille au chewing gum

13. melissa commented
    October 11th, 2010 at 1:48am

I order mine months ago. Been counting the days. Thanks for the teaser. It all looks so spectacular.
    melissa´s last blog post ..Halloween Decorating

14. Fallon commented
    October 11th, 2010 at 6:28pm

This looks like a great magazine! I love the cookie directory!!! Are those peanut butter and jelly cookies? I just book marked a recipe for them and I cant wait to make them this week!
    Fallon´s last blog post ..Happy Monday Weekly Runway Wish List

15. Kristianna commented
    October 11th, 2010 at 11:16pm

This will be my first year receiving Holiday and I am so excited! I love that lamp sooooo much, by the way. That is a dream of an eating space, no matter what the time of year.
    Kristianna´s last blog post ..It is Monday and I am Lucky

16. Lisa's Creative Home commented
    October 12th, 2010 at 2:18am

What great pictures! I will have to go order a copy!

17. Marie@etincellestudio commented
    October 12th, 2010 at 3:40pm

Great styling and beautiful pictures… I guess his magazines will become collectors.. better buy the first issue now!
    Isn’t it a dream come true to be talented enough to have your OWN magazine and be behind every single detail in it?
    Marie@etincellestudio´s last blog post ..Beautiful Vietnam

18. dana commented
    October 12th, 2010 at 4:01pm

I ordered the magazine some time ago and have been trying to forget about it because he is one of the masters of styling, and I know it will be outstanding…so I had to stop a second before I scrolled through the images, not wanting to spoil the fun! Now I am really impatient! Thanks for the sneak peek.

19. Lisa commented
    November 7th, 2010 at 4:43pm

Beautiful photos! Do you deliver to Canada?

May I ask where the aqua and white dining chairs are sourced from?
    Many thanks,