Books + Magazines

Matthew Mead’s New Magazine

October 8, 2010

Stylist, photographer, writer, art director — I could go on and on — the talented Matthew Mead wrote to me recently to share some of the pages of his new magazine, Holiday, and I thought I’d show you a glimpse or two to inspire you today. I’m so proud to see Matthew doing a magazine!

Matthew Meads New Magazine

This self-published magazine was born of Matthew’s desire to connect directly with readers and to produce, direct, style and photograph every aspect of his work and create something beautiful to hopefully fill the void on newsstands today. He even writes the recipes! I don’t know about you, but I could use some tea and cookies right about now…

Matthew Meads New Magazine

Matthew Meads New Magazine

Matthew Meads New Magazine

Matthew Meads New Magazine

Matthew Meads New Magazine

Matthew Meads New Magazine

Matthew Meads New Magazine

As you can see, his premiere issue includes a variety of decorating styles, recipes, entertaining and more and I appreciate that he is experimenting with less traditional color palettes — it’s a refreshing change and feels very fresh. His goal is to expand with a quarterly magazine filled with inspiring seasonal lifestyle and decorating ideas — the launch of HOLIDAY will hopefully pave the way!

If you’d like a copy of this magazine, you may purchase it through his site (he ships worldwide) and your copy will arriving during the first week of November.

Congrats, Matthew!

(images: matthew mead)

You Might Also Like

19 Comments

• Reply Ludmila {creamylife.com} October 8, 2010 at 5:48 pm

I love this magazine, so pretty images! happy weekend, Holly! xo

• Reply holly October 8, 2010 at 6:32 pm

Loving the turquiose and blues in the dining room. Thanks for sharing

• Reply ChunkyPineapple October 8, 2010 at 7:09 pm

Wow. Beautiful photos! Very Impressive.

• Reply Laura Gaskill October 8, 2010 at 10:32 pm

Oh yes! I am so into this, I love seeing creative people just go for it and come up with new, unique offerings like this. And judging from these images, it is right up my alley – bring it on! :D

• Reply OrangeFarmhouse - Maike October 9, 2010 at 12:05 am

And there’s my pendant (Ikea lamp) again. Still in love with it!

• Reply Wendy October 9, 2010 at 12:41 am

I can’t wait to receive my issue! I so want the red & white pillow in the background…they are beautiful! That lamp is amazing!

• Reply Lara Harris October 9, 2010 at 3:35 am

Beyond excited to see the magazine! :))

• Reply Jen October 9, 2010 at 4:34 am

It’s all so beautiful….Unfortunately, I am terribly distracted by some of those delicious-looking cookies…

• Reply Elaine October 9, 2010 at 6:25 am

I knew this issue would be a good one, but WOW those photos are gorgeous! I love the non-traditional colors for the holidays.

• Reply Karine Ardault October 9, 2010 at 11:31 am

It looks like a great magazine. Thank you, Holly, for making me discover it. I am going to have a look right now.
    Have a lovely week-end!

• Reply vosgesparis October 9, 2010 at 2:48 pm

Linda sent me over here as her chair is in the post/ magazine ;)

Thank you for the link to his site, always great to discover new people and links on the web
    have a good weekend!
    desiree

• Reply Béné la Puce October 10, 2010 at 5:23 pm

J’ai comme une envie de biscuits, j’en oublierai presque les photos si belles et le reste, merci pour ce post et les autres…Je m’en vais vers ce lien..

• Reply melissa October 11, 2010 at 1:48 am

I order mine months ago. Been counting the days. Thanks for the teaser. It all looks so spectacular.

• Reply Fallon October 11, 2010 at 6:28 pm

This looks like a great magazine! I love the cookie directory!!! Are those peanut butter and jelly cookies? I just book marked a recipe for them and I cant wait to make them this week!

• Reply Kristianna October 11, 2010 at 11:16 pm

This will be my first year receiving Holiday and I am so excited! I love that lamp sooooo much, by the way. That is a dream of an eating space, no matter what the time of year.

• Reply Lisa's Creative Home October 12, 2010 at 2:18 am

What great pictures! I will have to go order a copy!

• Reply Marie@etincellestudio October 12, 2010 at 3:40 pm

Great styling and beautiful pictures… I guess his magazines will become collectors.. better buy the first issue now!
    Isn’t it a dream come true to be talented enough to have your OWN magazine and be behind every single detail in it?

• Reply dana October 12, 2010 at 4:01 pm

I ordered the magazine some time ago and have been trying to forget about it because he is one of the masters of styling, and I know it will be outstanding…so I had to stop a second before I scrolled through the images, not wanting to spoil the fun! Now I am really impatient! Thanks for the sneak peek.

• Reply Lisa November 7, 2010 at 4:43 pm

Beautiful photos! Do you deliver to Canada?

May I ask where the aqua and white dining chairs are sourced from?
    Many thanks,