Fresh Wreath Ideas

I’ll share some more inspirations from Istanbul throughout the week but I don’t want to overwhelm you with too many travel notes, I know that can be a bit much and I like a good mix on decor8. :) How about a little winter decorating inspiration? Whether you are looking for holiday ideas or simply enjoy decorating for the season well past December 25th, I think wreaths are a great way to cozy up your home for the winter. I usually make my own wreaths out of yarn or flowers, but this year I may give a photo wreath a try. The moment I spotted this one over at Country Living magazine online, I had to share with you because I bet you’ll love it.

Love This Wreath Idea!

Here is another wreath idea, this time it’s a bit more crafty. These lovely poinsettia blooms crafted out of felt are part of a kit that you can buy here and make yourself — then place them in a frame (with no glass). Very fun and somewhat easy to DIY.

Love This Wreath Idea!

What do you think, any ideas for wreaths this year?

Psst: More tips on seasonal decorating here.

(images; country living magazine)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts on November 22, 2010

1. Catherine commented
    November 22nd, 2010 at 1:44pm

Great way to display old photos!

2. Lana commented
    November 22nd, 2010 at 2:07pm

I like the small wreath inside a vintage frame. This year we are making all our wreaths, recycling things in our home and things found in nature.
    Lana´s last blog post ..Owl and Crescent Moon Silhouette Vintage Book Wreath

3. juliette commented
    November 22nd, 2010 at 2:42pm

I did a lot of yarn wreaths last year -lots, as in, I still have two left in a box that were never decorated! I think I may revisit them and try something different-for-me. I’ve been into collages and pom poms lately, so I think I may try something along those lines. We’re having a big Christmas open house this year and I want something fun to greet our guests when they come to the door! =)
    juliette´s last blog post ..Advent Calendar DIY Round-up Euro-style

4. Heather commented
    November 22nd, 2010 at 3:27pm

I have some lovely ideas I’d like to try this year!
    One of these paper wreaths.. though I may just have to buy one from this Etsy seller.. hers are beautiful!

I also found this awesome tutorial for a burlap wreath here;

Guess I better get busy ;)
    Heather´s last blog post ..LID ONLY Stainless Steel Metal Soap Pump for Mason Jar

5. Zoe @ A Quick Study Paper Goods commented
    November 22nd, 2010 at 3:33pm

That felt wreath is adorable! I, too, love the framed look, but I love wreaths over mirrors even more.

Ez over on Creature Comforts had a great roundup of DIY wreaths last week: http://www.creaturecomfortsblog.com/home/2010/11/15/diy-holiday-wreath-roundup.html
    Zoe @ A Quick Study Paper Goods´s last blog post ..15 OFF – Thinking of You DIY Embroidered Note Card Kit Makes 3

6. kendal croix commented
    November 22nd, 2010 at 3:54pm

the wreaths are too cute. love the old photograph one.

7. lottie frank commented
    November 22nd, 2010 at 3:59pm

wow! love the photowreath idea, I have a wooden wreath which I am decorating but may experiment with this idea in another room x x
    lottie frank´s last blog post ..Weekly Wonders backdated!

8. michelle commented
    November 22nd, 2010 at 4:09pm

I made this wreath last year http://www.designevolutionblog.com/2009/12/diy-christmas-doily-wreath.html hopefully it survived being and storage so I can bring it out again this year.
    michelle´s last blog post ..Thanksgiving Table Setting &amp A Free Download

9. Viv commented
    November 22nd, 2010 at 4:56pm

A picture wreath is a good idea, I will give it a try and make my own wreath this year!
    Viv´s last blog post ..Ginger Bread Man Christmas Ornament

10. Jennifer commented
    November 22nd, 2010 at 5:12pm

I’ve seen wreaths made out of the holiday cards they’ve received. Its a nice way to display all of the beautiful cards received. Unfortunately, a lot less people actually send out actual paper cards, so I’m not sure I’d have enough to make a wreath.

11. Shy commented
    November 22nd, 2010 at 5:57pm

Dear Holly, I love love love your blog!
    Wreaths: was it Martha, I am not sure butrecently while surfing I came across a mother of pearl buttons wreat which was soooooo pretty.
    Shy

12. Kate @ Songs Kate Sang commented
    November 22nd, 2010 at 6:56pm

Oh! I am in love with the photo wreath! Lovely!
    Kate @ Songs Kate Sang´s last blog post ..Until it Hurts

13. Katie commented
    November 22nd, 2010 at 7:21pm

Really love the old photo wreath!
    Katie´s last blog post ..DO Judge a Book by its Cover!!

14. A Plum By Any Other Name commented
    November 23rd, 2010 at 1:37am

Love the photo wreath and I’m thinking one with holiday pictures would be just jolly for the season. So glad you did share!
    A Plum By Any Other Name´s last blog post ..Mushroom Flatbread Est Arrivé

15. Alicia Parsons | Atypical Type A commented
    November 23rd, 2010 at 3:15am

Love the photo wreath, maybe next year.

This year I am posting a 12 Days of Christmas Crafts series, including two wreaths. One will be felt and wool and the other made of leaf-shaped gift tags.
    Alicia Parsons | Atypical Type A´s last blog post ..How to stay sane this Christmas

16. Post-College Working Girl commented
    November 23rd, 2010 at 3:39am

I just posted about wreaths! I love these too!
    Post-College Working Girl´s last blog post ..Do It Yoself- Holiday Wreath Ideas

17. Zoe commented
    November 23rd, 2010 at 10:27am

I adore wreaths and don’t jsut save them Christmas. This photo wreath is a great idea and I am going to have to make that red felt wreath.

18. Katie - Coco Målé commented
    November 23rd, 2010 at 11:13am

Love the photo wreath – what a wonderful idea!! Will definitely try to make my own this year although xmas is approaching so fast, I’m not sure I’ll have time to!!!!
    Katie – Coco Målé´s last blog post ..Gweneth Paltrow’s Hamptons home

19. D'Homez commented
    November 23rd, 2010 at 1:32pm

Nice idea to make a collage of your family.
    D’Homez´s last blog post ..Sway Rocking Chair Can Hold More Than One

20. Casa e Cose commented
    November 23rd, 2010 at 2:43pm

OH yes! I did one this weekend but yet to take photo of it so cant show but it was all done with reycled fabrics…Ah christmas is coming – lets save the tigers!
    Casa e Cose´s last blog post ..The year of the Tiger

21. Kate commented
    November 23rd, 2010 at 3:21pm

The first one is so special. What a great way to pull together memories and celebrate family and friends!
    Kate´s last blog post ..Re-create the Look- GP Schafer Kitchen in the Country

22. Danielle commented
    November 23rd, 2010 at 3:53pm

The photo wreath is the definition of fresh. I think its freshness reaches beyond the holidays, too. How about making a wreath of frames, and switching the photos out throughout the year? I think yes!
    Danielle´s last blog post ..“I’ve met the expert and he is us” –Pogo in 2010

23. Elaine commented
    November 23rd, 2010 at 4:17pm

Did you see the one in the Dec. Country Living with mother-of-pearl buttons?! SO very beautiful!
    Elaine´s last blog post ..inspired ideas

24. Erica Cottrill commented
    November 23rd, 2010 at 4:35pm

The use of natural colors, textures and materials continues to be an increasingly popular trend. Fresh wreaths reflect the growth of green-friendly design, using magnolia leaves adorned with elements au naturel, from holiday gourds, pomegranates and natural pods to lemons, artichokes and berries. They also add a sense of serenity to an unadorned space, creating attention with its eye-catching luminous look.

25. Dolan Geiman commented
    November 24th, 2010 at 6:29pm

The photo wreath is a great idea. I’ve seen beautiful wreaths made with colorful fabric scraps (even straggler socks cut into circles). Just tie knots around a wire wreath base (or wire hanger pulled into a circle).

26. Christina commented
    November 25th, 2010 at 12:02pm
  27. charlotte lyons commented
    November 28th, 2010 at 11:26pm

I made a mostly white wreath from paper, textiles and trims for my friend’s online magazine, Inspired Ideas. Sweet, easy holiday ideas throughout!
    charlotte lyons´s last blog post ..playing with leaves

28. Candace commented
    December 2nd, 2010 at 6:09pm

My aunt & uncle have a wreath like the photo one… only it’s rigged to hold holiday cards- it’s a great way to display everything you get in the mail!!

Meanwhile, I went for a much more hippie-style: http://candyskitchen.blogspot.com/2010/12/wishing-you-very-hippie-holidays-peace.html
    Candace´s last blog post ..wishing you a very hippie holidays- peace wreath